Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS) Admission 2014
The Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS) conducts 4 ½ Year MBBS degree course affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) and recognized by Medical Council of India. Number of MBBS Seats in ACMS: 100 (Army wards 82 and 18 for SC/ST). ACMS MBBS Admission Eligibility Conditions
Qualification Required to Apply for ACMS
The minimum qualification required is 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. Candidates must have passed these subjects individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks together in Phy, Chem and Bio (40% in case of SC/ST).Candidates appearing in qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria and Categories Defined for Admission
The applicants must fall into one of the following categories: -
- Wards of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army.
- Wards of ex Army personnel granted/awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/invalided medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension.
- Wards of ex army personnel who have taken discharge/release after ten years of service.
- Adopted/Step Children and Children of Remarried Widows.
- Adopted Child of Army Personnel who completed 10 years service, adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission.
- Step Children are eligible provided they are borne out of a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army and completed 10 years service.
- Children of Widows of Army Personnel who are born as a result of second marriage with Army personnel. However, children of widows of Army personnel born out of remarriage with Non-Army personnel would not be eligible for admission.
- Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases. Eligibility Criteria for Wards of Ex Army Medical Corps Officers/Army Dental Corps Officers Presently Serving with IN/IAF. Wards of only those ex Army Medical officers/Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for 10 years.
- Eligibility Criteria for Children of APS Personnel:-
- Children of APS personnel classified as ex-servicemen as per Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 9 (52)/88/D(Res) dt 19 Jul 89.
- Children of those APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel, who are directly recruited into APS who have completed 10 years of service and of those who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
- Eligibility Criteria for Children of MNS/TA Personnel.: The following are eligible:-
- Children of only those members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular Army MNS Officer or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
- Children of only those TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
ACMS MBBS Entrance Exam: The admission is on basis of IPU CET MBBS. The GGSIPU Proposed date of CET-Stage I : 27 Apr 2014 and Stage II : 01 Jun 2014.
Army College of Medical Sciences Application Form
Application for Admission for MBBS course in ACMS has been placed in Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University website (www.ipu.ac.in). Important Dates
|Application Forms available from||25 January 2014|
|MBBS Stage I Exam (IPU CET MBBS)||27.04.2014|
|MBBS Stage II Exam (IPU CET MBBS II)||02.06.2014|
CET SCHEDULE FOR ACADEMIC SESSION 2014-2015
|CET Code||CET Name||Last date of Application (upto 4 PM)||CET Date||CET Time||Date of Declaration of result (Latest by)|
|103||MBBS Stage I||10 April 2014 Thursday||27 April 2014 Sunday||2 PM to 5 PM||06 May 2014 Tuesday|
|MBBS Stage II||01 June 2014 Sunday||2 PM to 5 PM||10 June 2014 Tuesday|
Contact Address: Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS), Delhi Cantt-10 Tele /Fax 011-25687645, 25687644, 25693701. [email protected] If you have any queries, please ask in comments below. Click Here for IPU CET Complete Information Click Here for all AWES Admissions Click Here for All Delhi Admissions