AFMC 2014 MBBS Admissions
Admission to MBBS course – 2014 – AFMC Pune. : Admission will be on the basis of the merit of all India examination, AIPMT 2014 to be conducted by CBSE.
Candidates will have to appear in the AIPMT 2014 and also apply to AFMC 2014 in the online form. AFMC MBBS Admission for 2014 will be based on All India Pre Medical Test – AIPMT 2014. The AIPMT exam is being conducted on 4th May 2014. The candidates who are eligible for admission in AMC, must apply separately.
AFMC MBBS Admission 2014 Notification
Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) Pune shall admit candidates for entry into MBBS course commencing from 01 Aug 2014. 130 candidates (including maximum of 25 girls) will be selected for admission in 2014 on the basis of AIPMT – 2014.
Prospectus including application form are now available online. Prospective candidates must have a mandatory, valid e-mail id. Candidates desirous for admission into AFMC Pune will have to register and apply online on the website www.afmcdg1d.gov.in OR at www.afmc.nic.in. To be considered for admission to AFMC Pune, the eligible candidates should have appeared in AIPMT 2014 and also applied online to AFMC Pune.
Detailed modalities for the application process are available from 21 April 2014.
Students must also apply separately to AFMC online from 21 April to 13 May, 2014. Details of application form for AFMC have been updated now.
Please watch this space for further information.
AFMC 2014 Application Form
- Important Dates
- Online Application Form
- Application Form Correction
- Forgot Password?
- Information Bulletin
AFMC 2014 Complete Information
- Seats and Reservations
- Selection Procedure
- Admission Procedure
- Facilities Provided and Special Concessions
- Cancellation Of Admission
- Medical Fitness And Medical Standards
- Cut Off Marks
Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
The Armed Forces Medical College is a premier medical college in India. It is located in Pune Cantonment in Pune in the state of Maharashtra. The college is managed by the Indian Armed Forces.
On successful completion of MBBS Course from AFMC the medical cadets join the Armed Forces Medical Services as Commissioned Officers in one of the three services, viz. Army, Navy and Air Force. The first three promotions are time scale promotions as under (subject to satisfactory service and fitness for higher rank):-
- Lieutenant (Lt) on joining (during internship).
- To the rank of Captain on completion of internship.
- To the rank of Major after 4 years of service as Captain.
- To the rank of Lt Col after 11 years of service as Captain.
- To the rank of Colonel and above by selection.
- It is seen that a number of candidates applying to AFMC use the AIPMT registration number to register though it is specifically mentioned to use AIPMT admit card roll (starting with 8xxxxxxx) number in the application form. Please ensure you use correct roll number for registration.
- It is confirmed that registration to AFMC with the AIPMT 2014 roll number shall only be considered valid
- Payment at the bank will have to be made for the new registration against the AIPMT 2014 roll number
- In case payment has been made for the earlier wrong registration candidates are advised to save both challans for future reference.
Address for Correspondence
- Postal Address: Officer-in-Charge, Admission Cell Armed Forces Medical College, Sholapur Road, Pune – 411 040
- Telegraphic Address: FORCMEDCOL, PUNE
- Telephone: 020-26334223 ; IVRS 020-26334230 ; Admission Cell 020 – 26334209 ; Brig Administration 020 – 26333572 (UG) Office
- Fax No: 020 –26334236
- Web site http://www.afmc.nic.in
- E- mail id [email protected], [email protected]
- Postal Address: Director General, Armed Forces Medical Services (DG-1D) ‘M’ Block, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi – 110 001
- Telegraphic Address: DGMEDFORCES New Delhi
- Telephone: 011 – 23092562/ 23092992/ 23092349