AFMC PG Admission 2015
Armed Forces Medical Services conduct Post Graduate training primarily for the doctors of Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS). AFMC will admit candidates for the Post Graduate seats in various institutes for the session starting in 2015 on the basis of AIPGMEE 2015.
Candidates desirous of pursuing Post-Graduate courses in AFMC Pune or other AFMS training institutions will have to mandatorily register and apply online. The process will be applicable to candidates belonging to Priority III (Para Mil / Govt of India sponsored candidates), Priority IV (Ex- SSC candidates), and Priority V (Civilian candidates). Candidates applying online will be eligible for a PG seat to any AFMS institution as per conditions enumerated in the information bulletin which will be made available on the website tentatively by First week of December.
It is intimated that candidates who do not apply online to AFMS on the website www.afmcdg1d.gov.in will not be considered for admission at all.
AFMC PG Admission 2015 Quick Links
List of AFMC PG Admission 2015 Subjects for MD/MS in AFMC Institute
Domicile registration from Karnataka only applies for CH(AF) Bangalore
- 3 Aerospace medicine seats at IAM also restricted to Karnataka domicile One seat out of these three is reserved for SC/ST
- 7 seats in CH(EC) Kolkata are reserved for West Bengal govt only
- Marine medicine is recognised for diploma only
- Diploma seats are not available other than diploma in marine medicine
- All seats reflected on the MCI website may not be available for admission
The following methodology will be adopted by candidates:-
All candidates seeking admission to any of the AFMS institutions have to mandatorily appear in the AIPGMEE 2015. They will have to register and apply online and also submit the completed application to be considered for admission to any of the AFMS teaching institutions.
All fields marked * are mandatory without which the application form will not be saved and submitted. Discrepancies found at a later stage may lead to disqualification. It is advised that the candidates should fill in their details as has been filled up for the AIPGMEE 2015 since the merit shall be obtained from NBE – the examination conducting authority.
A copy of the printed application form should be kept safely with the candidate. There is no provision for applications to be forwarded by post or any other form and such application if any shall NOT be considered at all.
Merit list of the candidates (Priority wise) who have successfully registered to the AFMS website and also have qualified in the AIPGMEE 2015 will be displayed on the website after declaration of the results by NBE. Candidates who have qualified in the examination will be eligible for online counseling the schedule of which shall be available on the website in due course of time.
Online counseling of the candidates belonging to Priority III, IV & V shall be carried out after the completion of counseling for Priority I and Priority II candidates.
AFMC PG Admission 2015 Priority and Category
The priority for admission of candidates is as follows:-
- Priority I – AFMS Officers detailed on advance specialist course/other courses as per guidelines of MCI/ NBE.
- Priority II – Foreign students sponsored by Government – On approval of DGAFMS/MOD/MEA subject to conditions laid down by the Govt of India and AFMS officers selected for study leave.
- Priority III – Medical Officers sponsored by Para Military Organization / Govt organization. Sponsorship certificate by the sponsoring authority is mandatory requirement for the candidate to be considered for counseling.
- Priority IV – Ex-SSC AMC Officers released from service after completion of contractual service and within three years after their release from service. SSC AMC Officers in their last year of contractual service are also eligible to apply for this category.
- Priority V – Civilian candidates willing to serve in the Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) subject to their fulfilling the eligibility criteria mentioned in para 7 below. Civilian candidates will have to submit a bond agreement at the time of admission for a bond liability of the amount specified by the Govt of India in case they are unwilling to join AFMS when offered commission. They also have to be medically fit to the standards required for commission in the AFMS at the time of admission. Officers of the AFMS who have resigned their commission or not completed contractual service as SSC officers are not eligible to be considered even as Priority-V candidates, though they may be below 35 years of age.
AFMC PG Counselling 2015
Candidates with 750 marks or more in AIPGMEE 2015 will only be able to opt for Online Counselling.
Counseling for allocation of subjects will be held online:-
Counseling will be held online, Priority wise as per merit – cum – choice.
Candidates will log in to their registered ID’s and make their choices.
Detailed counseling procedure will be made available after the declaration of the results by NBE. All candidates are requested to watch the website for updates regularly.
Eligibility of candidates will be the responsibility of the candidate themselves as per the criteria mentioned in the Information Bulletin. He / She should check his / her eligibility for Priority/Institution/Subject before participating in the counseling process.
The candidates who have been issued the admission letter shall produce all the originals of certificates for verification as applicable. Candidates without documents in original at the time of admission will not be eligible for admission to the college even if he / she has got the necessary merit. However in case any candidate has deposited the original with any other institution, it is mandatory to produce a certificate from the Dean / Head of the institution where he is presently admitted certifying the same, and the candidate may be permitted to attend the admission process with attested photocopies of the certificates along with the deposit certificate as mentioned above. If the candidate has accepted a seat, then it will be mandatory for the candidate to submit all original documents within three (3) working days from the date of admission failing which allotment of seat shall stand cancelled.
Admission procedure shall be as follows:-
Admission to PG courses AFMS institution is provisional subject to confirmation/ratification by the Office of DGAFMS & University concerned. The selected candidates are required to submit additional documents/certificates as per specific requirement of the institute/university. Candidates should ascertain these details from the Dean Academics of the Institute.
Decision of Commandant of the college regarding admission of candidates shall be final and binding.
All candidates are advised to preserve their Admit Cards of the AIPGMEE 2015 examination and the AFMS Candidate ID issued till allotment of the seats and admission to the institution.
All civilian candidates if selected are required to execute a bond agreement to serve as Short Service Commission Officers (SSC service) for 5 years with the Armed Forces Medical Services or pay an amount of Rs. 5 lacs to Govt of India if unwilling to join on successful completion of the course and subject to being offered the said commission. Draft Bond agreement is available at the end of the Information Bulletin.
The Bond value is likely to be revised in the near future and will be governed as per the rules in vogue at the time of admission.
The format for the bond may be amended from time to time as per the Govt regulations and all affected civilian PG students shall be required to furnish fresh bond to the Commandant, of the Institution where candidate takes admission, if so required. The bond is to be executed on a Rs. 100/- non judicial stamp paper and registered/ notarised with office of sub registrar and submitted on the day of admission. Expenses in connection with registration of Bond Agreement are to be borne by the respective candidate.