ICAR AIEEA UG 2016
ICAR conducts All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA) to Bachelor degree programmes in agriculture and allied subjects, other than veterinary sciences. Through AIEEA UG 2016 15% of the Agricultural Universities seats will be filled. For NDRI, Kamal, an ICAR-Deemed-to-be University, 100% seats are filled up through the 21st AIEEA Examination. National Talent Scholarships (NTS) are awarded based on the AIEEA UG Examination to all those candidates who take admission outside their state of domicile. Further, not more than 40% candidates from any one state are admitted in any agricultural university / subject.
ICAR’s 21st AIEEA UG 2016 examination for the academic session 2016-17 will be conducted by ICAR on 21 May 2016 (Saturday). ICAR AIEEA (UG) 2016 will be conducted at 49 examination city centres spread all over the country, enabling participation of a large number of candidates seeking admission in Bachelor degree programmes in Agricultural Universities in different disciplines. Candidates qualified for counselling will be considered for allocation of subject and the Agricultural University as per counselling procedure described hereinafter.
|Commence of Online Application||15 Apr 2016|
|Last date of online application||30 Apr 2016|
|E-Admit Card information||by 2nd week of May 2016|
|Date of Examination||21 May 2016|
|Declaration of Result||10 Jun 2016|
|Schedule for Counselling/Personal Appearance||25 Jun to 07 Jul 2016|
(i) Candidate must have passed 10+2 Senior Secondary Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education or any other examination within scope and standard found to be equivalent to the Senior Secondary Examination of a recognised Indian Board after a period of 12 years of study. The last two years of such 10+2 examination should have papers in Physics, Chemistry and any one of the subjects from Biology/ Mathematics/ Agriculture* /Home Science**. Besides, for admission in the Universities specifically located in non-Hindi speaking areas, candidate must have passed English as a core subject in 10+2 examination.
|*||Intermediate with Agriculture and having not studied Physics and Chemistry as separate subjects may also be eligible for admission in some SAUs in the State of Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh.|
|**||Intermediate with Home Science would be eligible for admission in limited AUs in Home Science.|
(ii) (a) Candidate must have passed any one of the qualifying examinations enumerated above securing not less than 50% marks in aggregate for General, OBC and UPS categories and 40% marks in aggregate for SC, ST and PC categories.
(b) Candidate having a compartment/ supplementary in any of the subjects will not be eligible unless proof of having cleared the examination with requisite percentage as in (ii) (a) above is available.
Candidate appearing in the qualifying examination enumerated above, can also apply but would be required to submit evidence of having satisfied the conditions in (i) & (ii), latest by the counselling date, as otherwise the candidature will be automatically cancelled.
Candidates opting for Stream-A in the entrance examination should have passed 10+2 examination enumerated above necessarily with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Agriculture/Home Science subjects whereas those opting for Stream-B should have passed 10+2 examination necessarily with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
Note: While submitting application, candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria in entirety.
Age and Nationality
Indian Nationals of at least 16 years of age as on 31.08.2016 are eligible to apply for the examination.
Scheme of Entrance Examination
- The examination shall be conducted in one of the two subject streams namely ‘Stream-A’ comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Agriculture/Biology subjects and ‘STREAM-B’ comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- Questions for Physics and Chemistry subjects shall be common for both subject streams.
- Paper for ‘Stream-A’ shall carry questions on Biology as well as Agriculture subject, out of which the candidate has to attempt/opt/choose only one subject, either Biology or Agriculture. ‘Stream-B’ paper carries questions on Mathematics subject.
- Question paper will have 180 multiple-choice objective type questions, each with four options, 60 questions in Physics, serially numbered from 1-60, 60 questions in Chemistry, numbering from 61-120 and 60 questions in Agriculture/Biology/Mathematics, numbering from 121-180.
- Marking Scheme: Each correctly answered question will earn four marks, with a maximum of 720 marks for the paper. For each incorrect answer one mark will be deducted from the total score. Question with no response indicated will not be awarded any mark and there will be no negative marking for that question. The candidates are advised not to attempt such questions in the OMR answer sheet, for which they are not sure of the correct answer. More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect answer and will invite negative marking.
- Candidate will be required to choose the correct answer and mark in the OMR answer sheet by darkening the corresponding circle/bubble against the serial number of the question with black/ blue ball-point pen.
- Question paper for the examination shall be bilingual, i.e., in ENGLISH and HINDI. In case of any variation in English and Hindi versions of question(s), English version will be taken as the final and correct version.
- A visually challenged (blind) candidate, can request for the services of amanuensis (scribe) who must be one grade junior in academic qualification i.e. not more than X / Matriculation pass in the present case and should not be related to the candidate. For amanuensis, the candidate must submit a separate request letter, at least one week in advance, to the concerned Nodal Officer of the Examination City Centre giving a copy of the PD/PC certificate issued by a competent authority. The services of amanuensis (Scribe) who should be from academic discipline other than that of the candidate, shall be provided free of cost by the Nodal Officer. The scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking, confirming that the scribe fulfills all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a scribe as mentioned above. In case later on it is proved that candidate has suppressed material facts, the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled, irrespective of the outcome of result of the written test. Such candidates who use a scribe shall be eligible for extra time of 50 minutes during examination.
- Port Blair
- Pusa (Bihar)
- Srinagar (Kashmir)
ICAR National Talent Scholarship (NTS)
National Talent Scholarship would be available through the Agricultural University concerned, to every student admitted on ICAR seat at any Agricultural University, at the rate ofRs. 2,000/- per month during the period of study provided the student:
- Joins an Agricultural University in a State outside his/her Domicile State.
- Has not changed the University/subject allotted for any reason.
- Has not been admitted against any vacant seat through waitlist option as per his/her request.
- Maintains good conduct and satisfactory academic performance (7.00 OGPA) throughout the period of study.
- Does not fail in any course/unit during the period of study.
Admission through ICAR Examination
Based on the overall merit-rank, the candidate is allowed to take admission in a specific degree programme at an Agricultural University as per his/her choice and availability of seat at that merit-rank through a process of counselling. In the matter of allotment/admission of candidates to respective Agricultural Universities, the decision of the ICAR/Agricultural University concerned shall be final. Once a candidate accepts admission /joins an Agricultural University, he/she will be a bonafide student of that Agricultural University and would, thereafter, be governed by all the academic rules/regulations including migration, as applicable at that university. ICAR will not entertain any direct request from the candidates in any such matters thereafter.
Once recommendation for admission is finalized, change in the placement of subject/university or transfer/migration would not be permissible under any circumstances. ICAR will have no responsibility for change of subject/university after the counselling. No correspondence in this respect will be entertained. Canvassing of any kind may invite cancellation of admission.
Candidate selected for admission through All India Entrance Examination for Admission, conducted by ICAR, may seek admission only during the session for which the Examination has been conducted. He/she will not be entitled for admission in subsequent sessions and thus cannot claim for seat allotment in other sessions/years based on this year’s examination.
Female candidates admitted through this examination on ICAR seats should be accommodated, to the extent possible,in the main campus of the University or in the campus located in a major city where there are adequate facilities for the stay of female students.
In case, at any stage, the documents submitted by the candidate are found to be fake/ forged, admission of the candidate will be forfeited and he/she shall be liable for consequential legal action.
If any candidate/person engages in act(s) that might possibly lead to the leakage of question paper(s), or attempt to use or help in the use of unfair means in the examination, he/she will be liable to legal action under the Indian Penal Code, and his/her candidature would be forfeited.
Any external pressure/canvassing by any candidate for admission will be treated as disqualification and would invite cancellation of admission.
For more details of ICAR 21st AIEEA UG 2016 – Download Information Brochure.