Admission will be made entirely on the basis of performance of candidates at the Entrance Examination to be conducted in Delhi/ NCR. As per the decision of the Academic Committee in its meeting the minimum cut-off shall be 50th percentile (for all PG Courses) in the competitive entrance test as a condition of eligibility for all candidates.
Schedule of Entrance Examination for B.Sc Programmes
|Bachelor of Optometry & B.Sc. (H) in Medical Technology in Radiography Entrance Exam||11 Jun 2016
|B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic) Entrance Exam||11 Jun 2016
|B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing Entrance Exam||19 Jun 2016|
B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing (Common to all AIIMS) & Bachelor of Optometry / B.Sc. (Hons.) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses
- The seats are filled strictly on merit on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates at the Entrance Examination conducted by the Institute.
- The Entrance Examination conducts in English language only.
- The Entrance Examination for Bachelor in Optometry / B.Sc. (H) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses was conducted in Delhi only.
Scheme of Entrance Examination
B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing (Common to all AIIMS)
One paper of 2 hours duration and consisting of four parts containing objective type (Multiple Choice) Questions, with distribution of marks as under :
Entrance Examination for B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing for all AIIMS will be conducted in the following cities:
|Name of the City/Centre||Code|
Bachelor of Optometry / B.Sc. (Hons.) Medical Technology in Radiography courses
- One paper of 1½ hours duration and consisting of objective type (Multiple Choice) questions in four parts of 30 questions each in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. The candidate may either attempt biology part or Mathematics part.
- Based on the result of the Entrance Examination, separate merit lists will be prepared for the General, OBC, Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe categories.
- Any candidate who opts for confirmed seat in the Counselling, his/her original certificate will be retained and the same will not be returned to the candidate before completion of the course unless he/she deposits a sum of Rs. 5,000/- (Rupees five thousand only) irrespective of the fact whether he/she joins the course or not. If a candidate who joins any of the B.Sc. (Hons) Medical Technology in Radiograpghy / Bachelor of Optometry course/ B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing/B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)/M.Sc. Courses/M. Biotechnology Course/ M.Sc. Nursing, leaves the said courses, shall be liable to pay a sum of Rs. 5,000/- (Rupees five thousand only) by way of compensation/losses incurred by the AIIMS due to such midstream departure.
Note: The general standard of each entrance examination will be that of 12th class under the 10+2 scheme or an equivalent examination of an Indian University/Board.
B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)
- The examination will be held in Delhi, and in English language only.
The selection of candidates will be made on a 2-stage performance evaluation as under :
Stage I : Written Test :
Entrance exam (Written Test) is of 90 minutes duration consisting of one paper containing 70 objective type (Multiple Choice) questions in the subjects of fundamentals of Nursing, Medical Surgical Nursing including Anatomy, Physiology & Pharmacology, Obstetrics Nursing and Midwifery, Paediatric Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing and Professional Trends in Nursing.
Stage II : Personal Assessment / Interview :
On the basis of the merit list based on the marks secured in Stage-I, candidate three times the number of seats will be invited for Personal Assessment by a Selection Committee. If requisite number of SC or ST candidates are not available, then candidates belonging to SC and ST taken together will be invited. In case candidates belonging to SCs, STs & OBCs are not available for Personal Assessment, then the number of candidates from the General category will be proportionately increased.
Marks in Personal Assessment will be awarded out of 30. The following factors will also be considered at the time to personal assessment:
- Past academic attainment in the Higher Secondary or +2 or equivalent examination;
- Past academic attainment in the Nursing examination;
- Performance as a Staff Nurse.
Admission is based on the basis of the aggregate marks secured by candidates in Stage-I & Stage-II. In case of two or more candidates securing equal marks in all the 2 stages combined, their inter se merit will be determined in order of preference as under :
- Candidates securing higher marks in Written Test (Stage-I)
- Candidates older in age to be preferred.