All Indian Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) have conducted the entrance exam for admission into various B.Sc. programmes for the academic year 2016-17. Candidates will be given admission based on their result in AIIMS B.Sc. Entrance Exam 2016. Candidates can check all the details of AIIMS B.Sc. Admissions 2016 like application procedure, eligibility criteria, selection procedure etc from this page.
Latest – Details of Open Counseling for B.Sc (Hons.) Nursing course has been announced. Check the details below.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing (Applicable to all seven AIIMS)
- Bachelor of Optometry
- B.Sc.(Hons.) Medical Technology in Radiography
- B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)
AIIMS B.Sc Admissions 2016
Filling Application Form and Admit card downloading process is over. Results of counselling has been announced. Those who cleared the exam which was conducted in the month of june can check their counselling result. Admission is based entirely on the basis of performance of candidates at the Entrance Examination to be conducted in Delhi/ NCR.
Schedule for AIIMS B.Sc Admission 2016 is given below.
|Registration of Online application form starts||18 Mar 2016|
|Last date for online Registration of application||07 Apr 2016|
|Allotment of Roll Nos / Admit card||16 May 2016|
|Date of Entrance Examination||11 Jun & 19 Jun 2016|
|Declaration of Result (expected date)||21 Jun & 23 Jun 2016|
|Counselling Starts from||30 Jun 2016|
AIIMS B.Sc 2016 Counselling
The result of the entrance examination held on 19 June 2016 for selection in B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing (August 2016 session) at 7 AIIMS i.e. AIIMS – New Delhi, Patna, Bhubneshwar, Rishikesh, Bhopal, Raipur, Jodhpur has been declared on 23 June 2016. The list of successful candidates to be called for counseling (i.e. four times the number of seats available in each category) with their ranks is available on AIIMS website: www.aiimsexams.org
Open Counselling for B.Sc (Hons.) Nursing Course – New!
The Open round of counseling will be held on 28 Sep 2016 at J.L. Auditorium, AIIMS, New Delhi at 8.30 AM onwards for admission in B.Sc (Hons.) Nursing course at AIIMS, New Delhi for 7 AIIMS (AIIMS New Delhi, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur and Rishikesh) and BMHRC (Bhopal). For open selection for filling up the post of B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing course which has fallen vacant after 2nd round of counseling which is to be held on 28 Sep 2016 at 8.30 AM . List of eligible candidates in
The details of vacant seats position up to 22 Sep 2016 in all 7 AIIMS & BMHRC are as under:
List of Eligible Candidates for Open Counselling
All Indian Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) has annouced the list of eligible candidates called for Open counselling on their official website. Candidates are advised to check the list of eligible candidates for open counselling on their official website or on this page.
Process of Open Counseling:
- The process of counseling will be exactly the same as done in 1st and 2nd round of counseling.
- On 28 Sep 2016 during open of counseling for B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing course for 7 AIIMS, first UR counseling will be done and after UR counseling is over, OBC counseling will be done followed by SC/ST counseling.
- If any OBC seat remains vacant after counseling for OBC seat, all vacant seats will be transferred to UR category and will be offered to UR candidates on merit.
- In case of SC/ST counseling, if any SC seat(s) remain vacant, these will be transferred to ST seat and vice- versa. All SC/ST seats which vacant after such transfers will also be transferred to UR category and will be offered to UR candidates strictly on merit.
- Thus, UR candidates will be called again in case any OBC, SC and ST seats remain vacant after counseling for these category is over in this round and all UR candidates should, therefore stay, back till it is announced that counseling is finally over.
- The candidates who are pursuing any course or have opted any seats in any AIIMS/elsewhere are Required to bring proof of their resignation letter/seats surrender letter in original to be eligible to appear in the open selection otherwise they will not be allowed to attend the same.
- At the time of counselling candidates must bring original certificate along with them.
- All the candidates allotted seats must give an undetaking that they are not holding seat in any Medical college.
- Failure to bring original certificate resignation/seat surrender letter as applicable will make candidate ineligible for allotment of seat in the counseling.
- No transfer of institution is allowed in open counseling.
2nd and Final Round of Counselling – 20 August 2016
The counseling letters are being dispatched to all those students who have qualified to be called for counseling under UR/OBC/SC/ST category. The same has also been uploaded on the AIIMS website: www.aiimsexams.org. which can be downloaded. However, in case the counseling letter is not received by the candidate and the candidate is eligible for counseling as displayed on the AIIMS website, the Candidate can either download this counseling letter from the website or can proceed for counseling and collect the same from Academic Section, AIIMS, New Delhi. For the allocation of seats, Physical counseling will be done. Candidates who are physically present at counseling will exercise their choice of the Institute when called as per their rank in respective category. All candidates must bring original documents to be eligible to appear in counseling.
List of eligible candidates called for 2nd round of counseling
2nd Counselling schedule for B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing
|Counseling for UR seats||20 Aug 2016 at 8.30 AM|
|Counseling for OBC, SC & ST seats||20 Aug 2016 at 10.30 AM|
The details of vacant seats position available as on 16.08.2016 in all 7 AIIMS and BMHRC are as under :-
Counselling letter for AIIMS B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing-2016 has been uploaded, Kindly login with your candidate ID and Password through the link provided below.
Check Detailed information regarding 2nd Counselling for B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing HERE
1st Counselling schedule for B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing
|Counseling for UR seats||18 July 2016|
|Counseling for OBC seats||19 July 2016|
|Counseling for SC/ST seats||20 July 2016|
Time and Date of reporting for first round of counselling is given below
Venue: Jawaharlal Auditorium, AIIMS, New Delhi.
Time : 9:00 AM Onwards
Reporting schedule for OPH Candidate in 1st round of counseling
- All OPH Candidate belonging to UR category will report at 8.30 AM on 18.07.2016.
- All OPH candidate belonging to OBC category will report at 8.30 AM on 19.07.2016.
- All OPH candidate belonging to SC/ST category will report at 8.30 AM on 20.07.2016.
AIIMS B.Sc 2016 Eligibility Criteria
For B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing, Bachelor in Optometry & B.Sc. (H) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses:
A candidate is eligible to appear in Entrance Examination if he/she:
- is an Indian citizen
has attained or will attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on the 31st of December of the year of admission (2016). [Candidate born or after 2nd January, 2000 are NOT eligible to apply.]
- has a minimum aggregate marks required in qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 or equivalent.
- has passed the 12th class under the 10+2 scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination from a recognised University/Board of any Indian State with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Candidates for B.Sc. (Hons) Para- Medical courses should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and either Biology or Mathematics.
- For B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing course, only female candidates are eligible. (Common to AIIMS New Delhi & Six AIIMS like Institutions)
- Candidates who are to appear in 12th class examination under 10+2 system or an equivalent examination in March/April2016 and whose results are likely to be declared before 30th June,2016 are also eligible to apply for B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing, Bachelor of Optometry and B.Sc.(Hons.) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses.
- Candidates who are due to appear at the qualifying examination, or have already appeared and are awaiting result, can also apply for admission. But suchcandidates must furnish proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite percentage of marks and subjects at the time of counselling failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
For B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing: 55% for Gen/OBC (50% in case of SCs/STs categories) in aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
For Bachelor of Optometry / B.Sc. (Hons.) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses : 50% for Gen / OBC (45% in case of SCs / STs Categories) in aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and either Biology OR Mathematics.
For B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic) The candidate must have :
- Passed 12th class under 10+2 system of education or an equivalent examination from a recognised Board/University. (Those who have passed 10+1 on or before 1986 are also eligible.)
- Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery from any institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council.
- Registration as nurse, RN, RM (registered nurse, registered midwife) with any State Nursing Council.
- In case of male nurses, (if passed before implementation of new integrated course in 2003), beside being registered as a nurse with the State Nursing Council, should have obtained a certificate in General Nursing and instead of Training in Midwifery, training in any subject out of following, for a period of six months: i) O.T. Techniques, ii) Ophthalmic Nursing, iii) Leprosy Nursing, iv) TB Nursing, v) Psychiatric Nursing, vi) Neurological and Neuro Surgical Nursing, vii) Community Health Nursing, viii) Cancer Nursing, ix) Orthopaedic Nursing.
The candidates selected for admission, except those selected for B.Sc. Nursing (Post Certificate), will have to undergo medical examination by a Medical Board consisting of faculty members of the Institute. If, in the assessment of Medical Board, a candidate is found medically unfit, he/she will not be admitted. The decision of the Board shall be final. In that case, in his/her place next candidate in order of merit will be admitted.
Reservation of seats at AIIMS, New Delhi is as follows:
- Other Backward Class: 27%
- Scheduled Caste: 15%
- Scheduled Tribe: 7.5%
If requisite number of suitable candidates is not available to fill up the seats reserved for the Scheduled Castes, the same will be filled by candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribes and vice-versa
In case suitable candidates are not available from the two reserved categories, the vacant seats will be filled up by the candidates from the general category. In case suitable candidates are also not available in the OBC reserved category, the same will be filled up by the candidates from the general category. For Indian Nationals, 3% reservation for Orthopaedic physically handicapped shall be provided on horizontal basis, in the seats advertised.
|Registration Fee||Rs. 25/-||Duration|
B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing
B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)
Bachelor of Optometry
B.Sc. (H) Medical Technology in Radiography
|Pot Money B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing
B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)
Bachelor of Optometry
B.Sc. (H) Medical Technology in Radiography
|Hostel Rent. B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing
B.Sc. Nursing (P.C.)
|Caution Money||Rs. 80/-(to be deposited by every student for the recovery of breakages or loss of Institute’s equipment).|
|Hostel Security||Rs. 1000/- (Refundable)|
|(Fees and dues payable at the time of admission)|
Those candidates who want to avail of the National Medical Library facilities located in the vicinity of the Institute campus will be required to deposit Rs. 50/- extra.
- The above fees are subject to revision from time to time by the Institute and the students admitted shall have to pay the fees as may be decided by the Institute.
- The fees and other charges including Hostel rent, once paid, shall not be refunded in any case, even if a student leaves the Institute before the completion of semester or does not join the Institute for any reason. No correspondence on this account will be entertained.
- The Caution Money will, however, be refunded to those candidates who do not join the course. In case of a student leaving the course in the middle or after the completion of the course, the balance of caution money, if any after eduction of the charges due, will be refunded.
- Mess is compulsory for the Nursing students residing in the hostels. The mess charges are 700/- per month (subject to revision from time to time) payable to the Mess in-charge every month in advance.
For more detail of AIIMS B.Sc. Admissions 2016 – Download Information Brochure.