All Indian Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi invites AIIMS B.Sc Admission 2015 for the academic year 2015-16. Details of AIIMS B.Sc. Admission is given below on this page. Last Date for Online Registration of Application on AIIMS website is 25th April 2015
AIIMS B.Sc. Admissions 2015 Important Dates for B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Certificate) / B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing & Bachelor of Optometry & B.Sc. (H) in Medical Technology in Radiography
AIIMS B.Sc Application Form 2015 can be filled online for admission to the Entrance Examination. The cost of AIIMS Application Form includes the fee for entrance examination which is non-refundable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. The candidate is required to go through the prospectus carefully and acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling in of the online application form. After selecting the online registration, fill the details asked for, step by step and deposit the prescribed fee in the designated Bank through a Challan or debit/credit card. Follow the Instructions scrupulously. Link for online Application Form is given below.
AIIMS B.Sc Result 2015 will be displayed on the Notice Board of Examination Section of AIIMS and will also be available on internet at www.aiimsexams.org. Candidates are requested NOT to contact the Examination Section, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi for the results on telephone, as these will NOT be provided
- Application Form – Closed | Application Status – Available
- Admit Card for B.Sc / M.Sc
- Exam Scheme and Selection Process
- Information Brochure
For B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing, Bachelor in Optometry & B.Sc. (H) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses:
A candidate is eligible to appear in Entrance Examination if he/she:
- Is an Indian citizen
- Has attained or will attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on the 31st of December of the year of admission.
- has passed the 12th class under the 10+2 scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination from a recognised University/ Board of any Indian State with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Candidates for B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing, Bachelor in Optometry & B.Sc. (H) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and either Biology or Mathematics.
Note : 1. For B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing course, only female candidates are eligible. (Common to AIIMS New Delhi & Six AIIMS like Institutions)
Note : 2.
* Candidates who are to appear in 12th class examination under 10+2 system or an equivalent examination in March/April 2015 and whose results are likely to be declared before 1st July, 2015 are also eligible to apply for B.Sc.. (Hons.) Nursing Bachelor of Optometry and B.Sc.(Hons.) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses
* Candidates who are due to appear at the qualifying examination, or have already appeared and are awaiting result, can also apply for admission. But such candidates must furnish proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite percentage of marks and subjects within 5 (five) working days from the date of declaration of results of Entrance Examination failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
- has a minimum aggregate marks required in qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 or equivalent:
- For B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing: 55% for Gen/OBC (50% in case of SCs/STs categories) in aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- For Bachelor of Optometry / B.Sc. (Hons.) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses : 50% for Gen / OBC (45% in case of SCs / STs Categories) in aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and either Biology OR Mathematics.
For B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Certificate)
The candidate must have :
- Passed 12th class under 10+2 system of education or an equivalent examination from a recognised Board/ University. (Those who have passed 10+1 on or before 1986 are also eligible.)
- Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery from any institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council.
- Registration as nurse, RN, RM (registered nurse, registered midwife) with any State Nursing Council.
- In case of male nurses, (if passed before implementation of new integrated course in 2003), beside being registered as a nurse with the State Nursing Council, should have obtained a certificate in General Nursing and instead of Training in Midwifery, training in any subject out of following, for a period of six months: i) O.T. Techniques, ii) Ophthalmic Nursing, iii) Leprosy Nursing, iv) TB Nursing, v) Psychiatric Nursing, vi) Neurological and Neuro Surgical Nursing, vii) Community Health Nursing, viii) Cancer Nursing, ix) Orthopaedic Nursing
Requirement for Foreign National Candidates
|SL.NO.||COURSE||NO. OF SEATS|
|i)||B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing||05|
|ii)||B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic)||01|
|iii)||Para-Medical courses :-|
|Bachelor of Optometry||01|
|B.Sc.(Hons.) Medical Technology in Radiography||01|
The eligibility criteria for foreign candidate will be at par with the eligibility criteria for Indian candidate as specified in the Prospectus. However, foreign national candidates are exempted from appearing in the Entrance Examination. Their admission will be made on the basis of marks/grades secured by them in the qualifying examination.
The foreign national candidates are also required to fill in the application form prescribed by the Institute for this purpose. The application form should be routed through Diplomatic Channel. Applications received directly will NOT be entertained.
NOTE: No hostel accommodation will be provided to foreign students and they will have to make their own arrangements for stay during the course of their study in the institute.
The above ‘Note’ is not applicable to female candidates admitted to B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing.
For Oversas Citizen of India (OCI):- (Common to AIIMS New Delhi & Six other AIIMS)
OCI registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 are also eligible to appear in this test and all terms and conditions applicable for Indian national given in this Prospectus will be applicable to them. The candidate will submit proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 to be eligible to appear to this test.
Number of Seats
AIIMS B.Sc. Admissions 2015 Number of Seats in total and category wise distribution is given below.
|Name of Disipline||Total Seats||UR||SC||ST||OBC||AIIMS (Over and Above)|
|1.||B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing (For Female Candidate only)||77||39||11||6||21||0|
|2.||Bachelor of Optometry||19||10||2||2||5||0|
|3.||B.Sc. (H) Medical Technology in Radiography||9||4||1||1||3||0|
|Total (2) + (3)||28||14||3||3||8||1|
|3.||B.Sc. Nursing (Post Certificate)||15||8||2||1||4||10 (*)|
(#): One seat for AIIMS candidate (in-service) for M.Sc. (Nuclear Medicine Technology) is for General Candidates, in addition to 51 sanctioned seats. (*): The seat distribution for 10 seats for AIIMS candidates will be SC – 1, ST – 1, OBC – 3 & UR – 5
Duration of Courses
- B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing – 4 years
- Bachelor of Optometry – 4 years
- B.Sc.(H) Medical Technology in Radiography – 3 years
- B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic) – 2 years
For B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing course the number of candidates called for counseling will be 4 timesthe number of seats advertised for various categories. The order of counseling will be General/OBC/ST/SC. For other courses it will be 8 times the number of seats advertised for various categories in different courses and the order of counseling will be General/ST/SC/OBC. The counseling will be done strictly by combined merit list starting from Rank No.1. The candidate in order of merit will exercise their choice of subject according to availability of seats. In case of absentee, the next candidate in merit will be considered. When a reserved category candidate (who is in combined merit list) is called according to combined merit list, he/she will simultaneously be given an option to exercise his/her choice of subject both in unreserved category and his/her concerned reserved category. If such a candidate opts for the subject which is available at that time of his/her counseling, both in unreserved category and reserved category, he/she will be given seats only from unreserved category as he/she is in merit and will be treated as unreserved candidate and will consume an unreserved seat. He/she will be given the reserved seats only when his/her choice of the subject is available in the reserved category only, not in unreserved category and then will consume a reserved seat. When all the seats of unreserved category are finished then only reserved category counseling will be done. Counselling will be held as per schedule given under ‘ Important Dates at a Glance’ in the Prospectus.
Inter se merit between candidates obtaining equal marks will be decided as under :
- Candidate obtaining less negative marks at the entrance examination.
- Candidate older in age to be preferred.
B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing (Common to all AIIMS) & Bachelor of Optometry / B.Sc. (Hons.) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses The seats will be filled strictly on merit on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates at the Entrance Examination conducted by the Institute. The Entrance Examination will be conducted in English language only.
The candidates selected for admission, except those selected for B.Sc. Nursing (Post Certificate), will have to undergo medical examination by a Medical Board consisting of faculty members of the Institute. If, in the assessment of Medical Board, a candidate is found medically unfit, he/she will not be admitted. The decision of the Board shall be final. In that case, in his/her place next candidate in order of merit will be admitted.
Each candidate selected for admission will have to pay the following Fees and dues during the course :
i. B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing
ii. B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)
iii. Bachelor of Optometry
iv. B.Sc. (H) Medical Technology in Radiography
|3.||Pot Moneyi. B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing
ii. B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)
iii. Bachelor of Optometry
iv. B.Sc. (H) Medical Technology in Radiography
|4.||Hostel Renti. B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing
iii. B.Sc. Nursing (P.C.)
|5.||Caution Money||Rs. 80/-(to be deposited by every student for the recovery of breakages or loss of Institute’s equipment).|
|6.||Hostel Security||Rs. 1000/- (Refundable)|
|(Fees and dues payable at the time of admission)|
Those candidates who want to avail of the National Medical Library facilities located in the vicinity of the Institute campus will be required to deposit Rs. 50/- extra.
|1.||B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing||Rs. 500/- per month|
|2.||B.Sc. (Hons.) Medical Technology in Radiography||Rs. 500/- per month|
|3.||B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Certificate)||Rs. 500/- per month|
The sponsored/Foreign national candidates and those in service, will not be eligible for, and will not be paid, any emoluments by the Institute during the training period.