AIIMS MBBS 2017 Eligibility Criteria for Admissions is a list of standards in terms of age and education which candidates must satisfy in order to be eligible to get admission in AIIMS. It is the responsibility of applicants to ensure Eligibility Criteria of AIIMS MBBS 2017 before applying. All India Institute of Medical Sciences will verify eligibility at the time of admission.
Candidates must check AIIMS MBBS 2017 Eligibility before applying for admission. The candidature of those applicants who fail to conform to the AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria will be cancelled and those candidates will not be allowed to appear in the exam. AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria is explained as below.
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should have attained or will attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on the 31st of December of the year of admission (2017).
- Candidates born on or after 2nd January, 2001 are NOT eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have passed the 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme/ Senior School Certificate Examination (CBSE) or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or an equivalent Examination of a recognized University/ Board of any Indian State.
- Candidates should have English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subject in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who have appeared or are appearing at the qualifying examination and expect to pass with required percentage of marks are also eligible to apply and appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination. However, their candidature will be considered only if they provide documentary evidence of having passed the qualifying Examination with the required subjects and percentage of marks.
Note: If the Institute has to consider an examination of an Indian University or of a foreign/university to be equivalent to the 12th class under 10+2 scheme/Intermediate Science Examination, the candidates shall have to produce a certificate from the concerned Indian University/Association of the Indian Universities to the effect that the examination passed by him/her is considered by them to be equivalent to the 12th class under 10+2 scheme/Intermediate.
The minimum aggregate of the marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology obtained in the qualifying examination required for appearing in this examination are :
|General and OBC candidates||60%|
Those with CGPA Grades only will have to apply the Conversion Factor in the Application Form. The Conversion Factor should be as approved by their respective Examination Board.
For Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 are also eligible to appear in this test and all terms and conditions applicable for Indian Nationals given in this Prospectus will be applicable to them. The candidate will submit proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 to be eligible to appear for this test.
For Foreign Nationals (For AIIMS New Delhi only)
Foreign candidates nominated by the Government of India are required to have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in their Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination to be eligible for admission to the M.B.B.S. Course.
Foreign candidates are NOT required to appear at the Competitive Entrance Examination.
Books recommended for AIIMS MBBS preparation
|16 Years’ Solved Papers : AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam||Buy Online|
|Aim4AIIMS : AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam||Buy Online|
|NCERT Xtract – Objective Physics, Chemistry, Biology for AIPMT, Class 11/ 12||Buy Online|
|AIPMT/ AIIMS Success Pack for Medical Entrance Exams||Buy Online|