AIPGMEE 2016 is to be conducted by National Board of Examinations. Notification of AIPGMEE 2016 along with eligibility, dates, application form, admit card and information brochure will be published at nbe.gov.in. All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination is held each year for admission to MD, MS, Post Graduate Diploma courses. Last year it was held as a computer based test which could be attempted by candidates holding MBBS degree issued by MCI or state medical council. Eligible candidates can fill the AIPGMEE 2016 application form and such registered candidates will get the AIPGMEE 2016 admit card. After appearing in the exam they can check AIPGMEE 2016 result and score.
NBE AIPGMEE 2016 notification will be published shortly. Last year the online registration started on 29th August and ended on 10th October. Exam was held from 1st to 6th December. It is expected that AIPGMEE 2016 will follow a similar timeline. To give you an idea of what the exam is about, key details of the All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam are given here, taking reference from last year’s brochure.
- AIPGMEE 2016 exam dates are expected to be in December. The AIPGMEE was conducted as a computer based test and could be so this year too.
- Eligibility criteria for AIPGMEE 2016 is defined by NBE. Candidate should have MBBS degree from a recognized institute and have completed internship by the last date prescribed by the exam conducting body.
- Application fee for the AIPGMEE application form was Rs 3750 for General and OBC candidates, and Rs 2750 for SC, ST, PwD candidates last year.
- AIPGMEE 2016 results are expected to be declared in January.
Candidates may please note that insofar there is no official notification of AIPGMEE 2016. The details given here about AIPGMEE 2016 exam date, eligibility, application form, admit card, result are as per last year’s All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination brochure. As soon as the National Board of Examinations issues information brochure and notification at nbe.gov.in, details on this page will be updated. The data given on this page should be only taken as reference.
AIPGMEE 2016 Quick Links
- Application Form
- Application Form Correction
- Admit Card
- AIPGMEE Preparation
- Sample Papers
- Cut Offs
AIPGMEE 2016 Cut Off
More than 75,000 students appear in the All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam (AIPGMEE). Of the qualified candidates, last year 5,489 candidates were allotted a seat in the first round of PG medical seat allotment, 200 candidates were allotted a seat in the first round of PG dental seat allotment. Three rounds of seat allotments were done by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for All India 50% quota seats.
AIPGMEE Qualifying Score for each category is as follows (as given in last year’s AIPGMEE information brochure. If there are any changes to this cut off for AIPGMEE 2016, it will be known once the brochure is published this year).
|Category||Minimum qualifying score|
|SC / ST / OBC||40%|
|Persons with disability||45%|
Result of AIPGMEE 2016 shall be valid for the ongoing admission session 2016-2017.
AIPGMEE 2016 Exam Pattern
- The AIPGMEE exam was held in two sessions – forenoon and afternoon – last year.
- Test duration for AIPGMEE 2016 should be 3 hours and 45 minutes like last year.
- There was no negative marking.
- All the questions were MCQ type.
Last year the examination pattern was as follows. Changes if any to the AIPGMEE 2016 exam pattern will be available in the information brochure.
|Social and preventive medicine||25|
|Medicine dermatology and venerelogy||37|
|Surgery, ent, orthopedics & anesthesia||46|
|Radiodiagnosis and radiotherapy||12(6+6)|
|Obstetrics & gynaecology||25|
Last year it was indicated that the syllabus of AIPGMEE for the test shall comprise of subjects/knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. Kindly refer to the MCI website www.mciindia.org for complete document.
The syllabus of the topics included in the exam pattern shall be as per the latest Graduate Medical Education Regulations notified by the Medical Council of India with prior approval of the Govt. of India. For Graduate Medical Education Regulations please refer www.mciindia.org;
AIPGMEE 2016 Application Form
Application form of AIPGMEE 2016 will be released online at nbe.gov.in in August / September, 2015.
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria of AIPGMEE 2016 before filling up the online registration form and paying application fees.
Important details about AIPGMEE 2016 application form, as expected from last year’s information brochure.
- A window of around 6 weeks is expected to be given to complete the process of submission of application form of AIPGMEE 2016.
- Details to be filled in the AIPGMEE application form includes name, date of birth, qualifications, year of completing internship, test center preferences and so on.
- Facility to edit changes in the application form of AIPGMEE 2016 will probably be made available till the end of registration window.
- Automatically generated acknowledgment is received by registered candidates on completing the process.
AIPGMEE 2016 Admit Card
Admit card of AIPGMEE 2016 is expected to be issued in November once the exam conducting body has allocated test center to each candidate.
All you need to know about AIPGMEE admit card 2016 is given here.
- Generally NBE released the AIPGMEE admit card by mail and online at nbe.gov.in.
- Candidate must download the officially issued AIPGMEE 2016 admit card and bring it along with relevant documents to the exam hall.
- The admit card of AIPGMEE 2016 is a very important document and no candidate will be allowed to appear for the exam without this.
- It is sometimes also known as the AIPGMEE hall ticket.
AIPGMEE 2016 Result
Candidates who have appeared in the AIPGMEE 2016 can check their result online which is expected to be published in January.
Significant notes about the AIPGMEE 2016 result are as follows.
- Test takers can check the result of AIPGMEE 2016 and know whether they have qualified the exam and are in the merit list.
- Number of candidates listed in the AIPGMEE 2016 merit list is to be around approximately five times the number of seats available.
- Admission in the participating colleges and universities will be on the basis of rank obtained as indicated in the AIPGMEE Result 2016. For this, qualified candidates can participate in the counselling and seat allotment.
Official website of All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination (AIPGMEE) is http://www.nbe.gov.in/aipgmee/.
This page is being updated with information about AIPGMEE 2016. As soon as more details are available they will be updated on this page.
If you have any queries about AIPGMEE 2016, please ask in comments below.