AIPGMEE 2016 application form submission is going on. The postgraduate medical entrance exam, AIPGMEE 2016 will be conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE) at an all India level. AIPGMEE is held for admission to 50% MD/MS/Diploma Courses Seats of all India Quota in various medical colleges. NBE has scheduled AIPGMEE 2016 to be conducted between 2 December 2015 till 8 December 2015. All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination 2016 is a computer-based test attempted by candidates holding MBBS degree issued by MCI or state medical council.
AIPGMEE 2016 Preparation
All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam is approaching and being fully prepared is the key to acing it. Effective preparation includes studying from right books, time management, knowing syllabus, practising sample papers.
Registered candidates will be eligible for the AIPGMEE 2016 Admit Card and will be appearing for the exam in December. Get all the details about AIPGMEE 2016 on this page.
As per NBE, last year’s AIPGMEE was held for admissions to as many as 5663 seats. The number is expected to vary this year. NBE has not yet communicated the number of seats for AIPGMEE 2016 for MD/MS and Diploma Programmes.
- Name of exam – All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination
- Short Form – AIPGMEE
- Level – National
- Conducting Body – National Board Of Examinations (NBE)
- Official Website – www.nbe.gov.in/AIPGMEE
Applications for the exam will only be accepted online by NBE. Candidates can apply for AIPGMEE 2016 on the official website. Refer the below table for important dates.
|Online Registration for AIPGMEE 2016||16 September – 22 October 2015|
|Examination dates||2 December – 8 December 2015|
|Declaration of results||15 January 2016|
Candidates can access the application forms till 23:59 PM on October 22, 2015. Before starting to fill up the application form, candidates must make sure that they fulfil all the eligibility criterias required for AIPGMEE 2016.
AIPGMEE 2016 Application Form
NBE has issued the application form for AIPGMEE 2016 on the official website which can be easily accessed by the interested candidates. There is fee of certain amount to be paid by the candidates in order to complete the registration process. Following the steps for filling out the registration/application form for AIPGMEE 2016.
- Step 1 – Log on to www.nbe.gov.in/AIPGMEE.
- Step 2 – Click on Registration to open the registration page.
- Step 3 – Enter the characters that you see there in the given image in space given below and start your registration.
- Step 4 – Now simultaneously, create your profile, fill out the application for and pay for your exam.
- Step 5 – A confirmation email be sent to the registered email di confirming your successful registration for AIPGMEE 2016.
Fee for AIPGMEE to be paid by candidates during the online registration amounts to –
- Rs. 2750/- (For SC/ST/PWD (PH) Candidates)
- Rs. 3750/- (For General/OBC Candidates)
The registration fee for AIPGMEE 2016 can be paid online through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card. Candidates can visit www.nbe.gov.in/AIPGMEE for more information.
AIPGMEE 2016 Admit Card
After having successfully registered for AIPGMEE 2016, candidates will be able to access Admit Card provided by NBE on it’s official website. The examination authority will send SMS alerts to the registered mobile numbers of the applicants informing them about the availability of Admit Card. After having downloaded the Admit Card for AIPGMEE 2016, candidates can report to their respective examination centre for giving the paper. Here is an overview of the paper for AIPGMEE 2016.
AIPGMEE 2016 Exam Pattern
- The AIPGMEE exam is held in two sessions – forenoon and afternoon
- Test duration for AIPGMEE 2016 should be 3 hours and 45 minutes like last year.
- There was no negative marking.
- All the questions were MCQ type.
Last year the examination pattern was as follows. Changes if any to the AIPGMEE 2016 exam pattern will be available in the information brochure.
|Social and preventive medicine||25|
|Medicine dermatology and venerelogy||37|
|Surgery, ent, orthopedics & anesthesia||46|
|Radiodiagnosis and radiotherapy||12(6+6)|
|Obstetrics & gynaecology||25|
Last year it was indicated that the syllabus of AIPGMEE for the test shall comprise of subjects / knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. Kindly refer to the MCI website www.mciindia.org for complete document.
The syllabus of the topics included in the exam pattern shall be as per the latest Graduate Medical Education Regulations notified by the Medical Council of India with prior approval of the Govt. of India. For Graduate Medical Education Regulations please refer www.mciindia.org;
AIPGMEE 2016 Result
NBE is expected to declare Result of AIPGMEE 2016 by January 15, 2016. Candidates will be able to access AIPGMEE Result at www.nbe.gov.in/AIPGMEE. In order to qualify AIPGMEE, a candidate is required to obtain the cut off marks. Check below for the cut off details.
|Category||Minimum qualifying score|
|SC / ST / OBC||40%|
|Persons with disability||45%|
Candidates will have to score the minimum qualifying marks as per the above table in order to qualify AIPGMEE 2016 for all India 50% quota.
Significant notes about the AIPGMEE 2016 result are as follows.
- Test takers can check the result of AIPGMEE 2016 and know whether they have qualified the exam and are in the merit list.
- Candidates listed in the AIPGMEE 2016 merit list is to be around approximately five times the number of seats available.
- Admission in the participating colleges and universities will be on the basis of rank obtained as indicated in the AIPGMEE Result 2016. For this, qualified candidates can participate in the counselling and seat allotment.
AIPGMEE 2016 Cut Off
More than 75,000 students appear in the All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam (AIPGMEE). Of the qualified candidates, last year 5,489 candidates were allotted a seat in the first round of PG medical seat allotment, 200 candidates were allotted a seat in the first round of PG dental seat allotment. Three rounds of seat allotments were done by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for All India 50% quota seats.
The result of AIPGMEE 2016 shall be valid for the ongoing admission session 2016-2017.
Official website of All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination (AIPGMEE) is http://www.nbe.gov.in/aipgmee/.
Admission through AIPGMEE
If you have any queries related to AIPGMEE 2016, please ask in the comments below.