AIPGMEE 2016 is the All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam. The postgraduate medical entrance exam, AIPGMEE2016 was conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE) at an all India level. AIPGMEE is held for admission to 50% MD/MS/Diploma Courses Seats of all India Quota in various medical colleges. NBE AIPGMEE 2016 was conducted between 2 December 2015 till 8 December 2015. All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination 2016 is a computer-based test attempted by candidates holding MBBS degree issued by MCI or state medical council.
AIPGMEE 2016 Result
All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam (AIPGMEE) 2016 has been conducted by NBE. Test takers can check their result online and get the score cards.
Candidates who appeared for the AIPGMEE 2016 can check their result and download score card. Get all the details about AIPGMEE 2016 on this page.
As per NBE, last year’s AIPGMEE was held for admissions to as many as 5663 seats. The number is expected to vary this year. NBE has not yet communicated the number of seats for AIPGMEE 2016 for MD/MS and Diploma Programmes.
- Name of exam – All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination
- Short Form – AIPGMEE
- Level – National
- Conducting Body – National Board Of Examinations (NBE)
- Official Website – www.nbe.gov.in/AIPGMEE
AIPGMEE 2016 Important Dates
|Online Registration for AIPGMEE 2016||16 Sep – 22 Oct 2015|
|Examination dates||02 Dec – 08 Dec 2015|
|Examination dates for Chennai centres candidates||11 Jan 2016|
|Declaration of results||10 Feb 2016|
AIPGMEE 2016 Result
NBE will declare Result of AIPGMEE 2016 on 10 Feb 2016. Candidates will be able to access AIPGMEE Result at www.nbe.gov.in/AIPGMEE. In order to qualify AIPGMEE, a candidate is required to obtain the cut off marks. Check below for the cut off details.
|Category||Minimum qualifying score|
|SC / ST / OBC||40%|
|Persons with disability||45%|
Candidates will have to score the minimum qualifying marks as per the above table in order to qualify AIPGMEE 2016 for all India 50% quota.
Significant notes about the AIPGMEE 2016 result are as follows.
- Test takers can check the result of AIPGMEE 2016 and know whether they have qualified the exam and are in the merit list.
- Candidates listed in the AIPGMEE 2016 merit list is to be around approximately five times the number of seats available.
- Admission in the participating colleges and universities will be on the basis of rank obtained as indicated in the AIPGMEE Result 2016. For this, qualified candidates can participate in the counselling and seat allotment.
AIPGMEE 2016 Application Form
NBE has issued the application form for AIPGMEE 2016 on the official website which can be easily accessed by the interested candidates. There is fee of certain amount to be paid by the candidates in order to complete the registration process.
- Application process is over now..!!
Following the steps for filling out the registration/application form for AIPGMEE 2016.
- Step 1 – Log on to www.nbe.gov.in/AIPGMEE.
- Step 2 – Click on Registration to open the registration page.
- Step 3 – Enter the characters that you see there in the given image in space given below and start your registration.
- Step 4 – Now simultaneously, create your profile, fill out the application for and pay for your exam.
- Step 5 – A confirmation email be sent to the registered email di confirming your successful registration for AIPGMEE 2016.
Fee for AIPGMEE to be paid by candidates during the online registration amounts to –
- Rs. 2750/- (For SC/ST/PWD (PH) Candidates)
- Rs. 3750/- (For General/OBC Candidates)
The registration fee for AIPGMEE 2016 can be paid online through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card. Candidates can visit www.nbe.gov.in/AIPGMEE for more information.
AIPGMEE 2016 Admit Card
AIPGMEE 2016 admit card for Chennai centres candidates has been issued by NBE on it’s official website. Chennai centres candidates who are going to appear for the AIPGMEE 2016 examination on 11 Jan 2016 must download their admit card. After having downloaded the Admit Card for AIPGMEE 2016, candidates can report to their respective examination centre for giving the paper.
- Admit card process is over now..!!
AIPGMEE 2016 Exam Pattern
- The AIPGMEE exam was held in two sessions – forenoon and afternoon
- Test duration for AIPGMEE 2016 should be 3 hours and 45 minutes like last year.
- There was no negative marking.
- All the questions were MCQ type.
Last year the examination pattern was as follows. Changes if any to the AIPGMEE 2016 exam pattern will be available in the information brochure.
|Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
|Medicine dermatology and venerelogy||37|
|Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics & Anesthesia||46|
|Radiodiagnosis and Radiotherapy||12(6+6)|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||25|
Last year it was indicated that the syllabus of AIPGMEE for the test shall comprise of subjects / knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. Kindly refer to the MCI website www.mciindia.org for complete document.
The syllabus of the topics included in the exam pattern shall be as per the latest Graduate Medical Education Regulations notified by the Medical Council of India with prior approval of the Govt. of India. For Graduate Medical Education Regulations please refer www.mciindia.org;
AIPGMEE 2016 Cut Off
More than 75,000 students appear in the All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam (AIPGMEE). Of the qualified candidates, last year 5,489 candidates were allotted a seat in the first round of PG medical seat allotment, 200 candidates were allotted a seat in the first round of PG dental seat allotment. Three rounds of seat allotments were done by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for All India 50% quota seats.
The result of AIPGMEE 2016 shall be valid for the ongoing admission session 2016-2017.
Official website of All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination (AIPGMEE) is http://www.nbe.gov.in/aipgmee/.
Admission through AIPGMEE
If you have any queries related to AIPGMEE 2016, please ask in the comments below.