All India Pre-Medical / Pre-Dental Entrance Test (AIPMT)
AIPMT 2016 is the All India Pre Medical / Dental Test. Admission to 15% All India quota seats will be through AIPMT 2016. CBSE will announce AIPMT 2016 notification in October / November. The notification will contain information about AIPMT 2016 exam date, availability of AIPMT 2016 application form, admit card and results. In the meantime, read below for exam pattern of the All India Pre Medical / Dental Test, last year exam statistics, cut offs and preparation.
AIPMT – All India Pre Medical Test is conducted for admission to medical or dental colleges voluntarily participating in the test in selected cities across the country and abroad.
The responsibility of the CBSE is limited to the conduct of the AIPMT Entrance Test, declaration of result and providing merit list to the DGHS and participating States / Universities / Institutions.
AIPMT Exam Statistics
Numbers present an objective picture of the competition level. In the All India Pre Medical / Dental Test 2015, the number of candidates that appeared for the exam was 3,74,386 which was 28% lesser than the figure of the year before that. The drop in numbers was probably due to the delayed date of the exam (AIPMT had to be reconducted following concerns over paper leak / cheating).
Of the 3,74,386 candidates that appeared for the exam, 18,610 were placed in the AIPMT merit list and wait list for 3,722 seats available under 15% All India quota.
Marks versus rank is represented in the rank-merit vs marks range table below.
AIPMT 2016 Preparation – Tips and strategy to score high in AIPMT
The competition is undoubtedly high in the exam. Each candidate will be doing his / her best to grab the best medical and dental seats in the country. A good rank in the first few hundreds ensures you get the college of your choice. Compared to any other field of graduation, MBBS is the toughest. The high candidate to seats ratio and the reputation of the field makes the competition even tougher. To help you achieve success in the exam, here are a few AIPMT 2016 Preparation Tips.
Books for AIPMT Preparation
The best AIPMT reference books are those that are widely recommended by teachers and successful candidates.
|AIPMT Books for Physics||AIPMT Books for Chemistry||AIPMT Books for Biology|
|Concepts of Physics by H.C.Verma||Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon||Objective biology by Dinesh SC Verma (Part-1 and 2)|
|NCERT Physics: CBSE PMT set of 3 Volumes by Anil Aggarwal||Dinesh Chemistry||NCERT- Biology Part 1 and Part 2|
|Concept of Competition Physics for CBSE PMT by Aggarwals||Peter Atkins and Julio de Paula for Physical Chemistry||GRB Bathla’s Publication’s for Biology (For theory and objective)|
|NCERT- Physics Part 1 and Part 2||Morrison Boyd for Organic Chemistry||Pradeep Publication’s Biology|
|ABC chemistry||Trueman’s Biology (Theory)|
AIPMT Online Test Series
To help students practice mock tests, a number of coaching institutes have launched online test series for AIPMT. You can join any one of them, best suited to your needs and requirements. The purpose of AIPMT online tests is to improvise your preparation for AIPMT 2016 / AIPMT 2017. After taking the tests you are given a detailed analysis of your performance and guidelines on how to improve. While taking the test, try to understand where you are lacking. For example, are you facing more difficulty in Physics or Chemistry or Bio? Once you identify your strengths and weaknesses, work on them.
Apart from this, All India Tests are also conducted by coaching institutes to let you get an idea of your position and expected ranking.
AIPMT Sample Papers
The AIPMT sample papers will help you in practicing for the exam. These papers have 180 questions each. There are 45 questions each on Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology. As these are based on the AIPMT test pattern and difficulty level you will be able to do self analysis of your AIPMT preparation.
To ace the largest Medical Entrance Exam, you must be fully prepared. These 5 Tips for AIPMT Preparation should help you crack the All India Pre Medical Test.
1. Have a smart AIPMT Study Plan.
A smart preparation plan includes.
- A complete time table of all the topics you need to cover in a defined time limit.
- Time allotted for taking mock tests, solving past year papers, self analysis.
- Approaching your teachers / coaching classes to solve doubts.
You must have a day-to-day time table of chapters to complete / revise. When you finish a chapter jot down the points you need help with. Approach a teacher to help you out with those topics.
Solve at least one sample paper / mock test / past year paper each week.
2. Hard Work and Persistence is the Key to Scoring High in AIPMT.
Often students give up a few weeks before the exam. You may feel that things are not going according to plan or that it is too tough. Don’t feel like that. You are aiming towards the noblest of all professions, and something you should be proud of. Getting something as big as that is never easy. So work hard, and do not give up.
3. Refer the best books for AIPMT only.
There are hundreds of preparation books for the exam in the market. Do not refer to every book you come across. Have very selected hand picked books in your shelf and only study from them. You will only waste your precious time if you open every book.
- Remember that NCERT is absolutely essential to crack AIPMT. Be thorough with NCERT PCB books.
- For Physics, solve books like HC Verma.
- For Chemistry, books by Morrison Boyd, Peter Atkins, Dinesh, O.P. Tandon are recommended.
- To study Biology, first of all go through everything in NCERT. Then, refer to Pradeep’s for those topics you need in depth knowledge of. To practice objective questions, refer GRB Bathla’s Publication’s for Biology.
4. SWOT Analysis.
Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Know these for your AIPMT Preparation.
- Each time to solve a mock test, analyze the section you have to devote most time in.
- Try to understand whether you are marking more incorrect answers than correct ones.
- Your strengths – The topics you are attempting most questions in and marking all answers correct.
- Your weaknesses – The topics where you are losing most marks.
- Your opportunities – It could be a particular section or your question picking ability. It could also be your speed or accuracy.
- Your threats – If you are attempting a large number of questions, but marking most of them wrong, you need to work on two things. First would be to make sure you know more correct answers. Also second to learn which questions to skip to avoid negative marking.
5. Know everything about the exam.
You should know beforehand the exam pattern, the marking scheme, the application form submission details. Many students last year could not appear in the exam as they missed the last date of form submission. Many students were unable to reach the centers on time. Keep visiting this page regularly to know more updates of AIPMT 2016. If you have any doubts, please ask us in comments below. We will be glad to help you achieve success in the All India Pre Medical / Dental Test AIPMT 2016.Universities / Institutions shall be conducted by their respective Authorities.
AIPMT 2015 (Re-Test)
Click Here for AIPMT 2015 Complete Information – Dates, Applications, Eligibility, Admit Card, Result etc.
Predict your Chance of Selection in MBBS / BDS through AIPMT Rank, use AIPMT College Predictor HERE
Other Related Links
Other Institutes taking admission through AIPMT
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.