Amrita University B.Sc. Nursing Admissions 2014
The duration of B.Sc. Nursing course is four years. Selection is based on the marks obtained in the +2 and a personal interview. The curriculum of the course offered is as per Nursing Council of India and the University – Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. B. Sc. Nursing is a four year degree program which follows the syllabus prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council. The aim of this program is to prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives in providing promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services, who can make independent decisions in nursing situations, protect the rights of individuals in pursuit of health.
Amrita University B.Sc. Nursing Admissions Eligibility
- The candidate should have attained minimum 17 years of age and maximum 23 years on or before 31st December 2014.
- The candidate must pass in Plus Two with 50% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (PCBE) from a recognized Board or University.
Important Dates for Amrita University B.Sc. Nursing Admissions 2014
Important Dates :
|Commencement of ONLINE Registration / download application w. e. f.||11 April 2014|
|Last date for registration||02 June 2014|
|Last date of receipt of confirmation page / application||05 June 2014|
|Date of Interview||16 June 2014|
Amrita University B.Sc. Nursing Application Form 2014
Application fee : Rs 500
MODE OF PAYMENT
Online Registration: Application fee can be paid online using net banking/ Credit card/ Debit card.
Downloaded Application: Application fee can be paid using cash voucher payable only at Dhanlaxmi Bank branches across India.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR Amrita University B.Sc. Nursing Admissions 2014 APPLICATION FORM
Before applying online, candidates should have the following
- A valid Email ID (If One do not have an email address we recommend creating a Gmail account)
- A colour photograph taken within the last 3 months to reflect your current appearance. Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background. Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- The image should be in JPEG format and also on a standard 4.5cm x 3.5 cm print. Maximum pixel resolution for JPEG: 640X480 (0.3 Mega pixel). Minimum pixel resolution for JPEG: 320×240.
Online (OARS Portal) Registration is a 3-step process
- Register into OARS portal using a valid email – id While you initiate the process of application you will get a password which is required to be used till the admission process is completed. Hall ticket can also be downloaded only by using this password.
- Complete the online application form and pay using the Netbanking/ Debit card/ Credit card
- Upload soft copy of photo and submit
- Print Confirmation Sheet*** in which Address Slip is attached – Separate the Address slip and paste it on an A5envelope and mail the Confirmation Sheet by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier or by hand delivery.
- Application fee is nonrefundable and no correspondence on the subject will be entertained.’
The Admission Co – Ordinator
Amrita School of Medicine
AIMS Ponekkara (PO)
Kochi – 682041
Ph: 0484 285 8373/285 8374/ 285 8375
***Confirmation copy- Generated by the online admission portal at the end of successful filling of the application form. Only after receipt of the confirmation copy the Admission office will initiate the processing of application.
Instructions for candidates applying using downloaded application
- Down load application form from the website www.aims.amrita.edu fill up and send the application form and Institution copy of cash voucher to the above mentioned address
- Cash voucher is available only in the above mentioned web site and has to be down loaded before going to any Dhanlaxmi bank branch for remittance.
- Cash voucher is in triplicate which the candidate has to submit to the bank along with cash. Bank will accept the cash and retain the bankers copy and return remaining two copies (one for the candidate and the other for the Institution) Institution copy shall be attached with the application form and submitted to the Admission Coordinator before the last date specified.
About Amrita College of Nursing
The Amrita College of Nursing, a constituent unit of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, was inaugurated on 1st November, 2002. Presently the college offers B. Sc. Nursing, Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing and M. Sc. Nursing. The B. Sc. Nursing programme which was started in the year 2002 with an intake of 50 seats is now expanded to 75 seats per batch. The M. Sc. Nursing is offered in four different specialties with an annual intake of 36. Post Basic B. Sc. Nursing is a bridge course offered to General Nursing Diploma holders to equate them with the Graduate Nurses. The annual intake to this programme is 50.
B.Sc. Nursing Seats/Intake: 75.
Annual Tuition Fees: Rs.75,000/-
The Admission Co-Ordinator,
Amrita School of Medicine,
AIMS Ponekkara P.O,
Phone: 0484-2858373 / 4008373 / 2858374 / 2858375
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.
Click Here for Amrita University Admissions Details for all courses