Candidates are required to fill separate AMU Application Form 2017 for each course of study as detailed in this Guide. However, candidates should submit a single AMU Application Form for courses for which a combined Test is to be conducted.
AMU Admission 2017 Application Form shall not be transferred from one course of study to another under any circumstance. If a candidate submits more than one Application Form for a course of study, ALL such Application Forms of the candidate may be summarily rejected. Candidate should clearly specify his/her order of preference of Course / Branch / Main Subject / Stream / Specialization from among those listed under the course of study concerned. The order of preference indicated in the AMU Application Form will not be changed.
Get here AMU Admission Forms for AMUEEE 2017, AMU MBBS 2017, AMU PG Medical 2017 and other courses admission in Aligarh Muslim University.
AMU Application Forms 2017
The prescribed Application Form and the Guide to Admissions containing details of course is made available on the AMU Website, the same details are published here in short. The candidates have to fill the Application Form directly on the website (ONLINE). Candidates are advised to follow the guidelines for filling the form as given in the Guide to Admissions.
Candidates are advised to retain a photocopy of their filled-in form for future reference. If offline mode is available, the Acknowledgement Slip will be given for AMU Admission Form submitted by hand only. However, candidates who submit their Application Form by post may check the status of their Application Form on the website.
|Course||Fee||Last Date||Exam Date|
|B.Sc / B.Com (Hons.)||–||–||23 Apr 2017|
|BA (Hons.)||–||–||23 Apr 2017|
|B.Tech||–||–||30 Apr 2017|
|B.Arch||–||–||30 Apr 2017|
|MBA / MBA IB / PG Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance||–||–||07 May 2017|
|B.Ed.||–||–||07 May 2017|
|BA LLB||–||–||08 May 2017|
|Senior Secondary School Certificate (Science Stream)||–||–||14 May 2017|
|Diploma in Engineering||–||–||14 May 2017|
|Senior Secondary School Certificate (Humanities & Commerce Stream)||–||–||15 May 2017|
How to fill the Application Form
- Aligarh Muslim University has announced the test dates for admission. Application form submission details are also announced.
- For courses where the application Form is to be filled ONLINE, the candidates have to fill the Application Form directly on the website and then take a print-out.
- For courses where the application Form is to be filled OFFLINE (if any), the candidates have to download the Application Form and then fill it manually.
Please note that the information given below is based on previous year AMU Admission. This should be used only for reference purpose only. Details will be updated as soon as its announced by the university.
AMU Online Application Form 2017
Register online and provide your correct and functional email as well as phone number because your username and password etc. will be sent on this email. Only Single Registration is sufficient for applying to the multiple courses by each candidate.
If you have already registered, Login using your username and password. Your Dashboard will be available to you for filling the form. In case you have lost/forgot your password, Please use Forgot Password link to get it. It will be sent to you on your registered email.
Please fill your Profile carefully and Review it properly before Saving it as you will not be able to Edit/Update it afterward.
Books recommended for AMU Entrance Exam
|AMU Explorer for Engineering||Buy Online|
|NCERT Xtract – Objective Physics, Chemistry, Biology||Buy Online|
|Solved Papers for AMU Engineering Entrance Exam||Buy Online|
AMU Online Application Form for MBBS / BDS (through NEET)
All aspirants desirous for admission in MBBS / BDS in AMU have to register themselves online. Candidates are required to Pay application fee along with the AMU Form. Withing few days of the declaration of the result of NEET, registered aspirants shall login online and submit their score of NEET. The link shall be available after NEET has declared its result.
Application Fee Payment
The Admission Test Fee / Processing Charges (non-refundable) as mentioned against each course may be remitted through
- Demand Draft from a Nationalized Bank drawn in favour of Finance Officer, A M U, Aligarh payable at Aligarh
- ONLINE Payment through Internet Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card
- Local Bank Challan issued from Canara Bank, AMU Campus, Aligarh / ICICI Bank (Extension Counters) at AMU Campus, Aligarh
Candidate must attach the original Demand Draft with his / her Application Form and also write his/her name, date of birth, course of study and Transaction ID (if available) on the reverse of the Demand Draft. PWD (PH-Category) candidates having 40% disability are exempted from the payment of Admission Test / Processing Charges. They should select Demand Draft Mode and fill the DD No. as 00000.
Process for submission of Application Form
- Fill up the ONLINE Application Form by following the instructions given above. Take the Printout of the PDF Generated Application Form on A-4 Size paper (applying ONLINE) OR Download the appropriate Application Form from the website meant for the course for which the candidate wishes to apply and get it printed on A-4 size paper. Fill up the Application Form by following the instructions given above in CAPITAL letters using black ball point pen (applying OFFLINE)
- Put your thumb impression, signature and paste your recent photographs at the designated place on the Application Form.
- Attach the appropriate Demand Draft / Cash Receipt along with other relevant document(s) with the Application Form and do not fold or mutilate it in any way.
- Put the Application Form inside the A-4 Size Envelope and paste the Postal Slip on the top after filling it properly.
- Application Form can be submitted by hand or sent by Registered Post / Speed Post or through Courier so as to reach up to 5:00 PM on or before the last date of receipt to the Admission Section, Office of the Controller of Examinations, AMU, Aligarh.
Candidates must retain a photocopy of their filled-in form for future reference. Candidates’ submitting the Application Form by post must put the same inside an A-4 Size Envelope and paste the Postal Slip (given with the Form) on the top of the Envelope before posting it.
Documents to be submitted with the Application Form
- Application Fee Receipt / Demand Draft
- Self attested copy (both sides) of High School / Secondary School Certificate (SSC Examination) in support of date of birth.
- Self attested copy (both sides) of Marksheets / Gradesheets of qualifying examination. In case the result of the qualifying examination has not been declared at the time of applying, candidate must submit self attested photocopies of marksheets / grade sheets of examination passed in the preceding year.
- Self attested copy (both sides) of Marksheets / Gradesheets of all other examinations passed / appeared (including parts therein) after passing High School till date.
- Self attested copy of documents in support of claim of Internal Status and / or special categories, if any.
- Documents in support of Professional Experience, if any.
- No Objection Certificate from the employer, if employed at present. 8. Self attested copy (both sides) of qualifying GATE examination, if any (applicable only for applicants to M.Tech. courses).
- Copy of relevant pages of candidate’s valid passport (For Foreign Nationals only). [For FN / NRI only]
- . Proof of Nationality duly attested by the Indian High Commission / Embassy / Consulate in Nepal [For Nepali Nationals only].
- Any other relevant document.
Candidate applying under NRI Category shall submit the following additional documents of his/her NRI parent alongwith the Application Form:
- Relevant pages of the Passport showing Visa and latest exit and entry date
- The NRE Bank Account Number in India with copies of relevant documents duly attested by the concerned bank.
- A certificate from the employer in the country of residence stating employment position of NRI certified by the Indian High Commission / Embassy / Consulate, not issued prior to January 01, 2017. OR If self-employed, carrying his / her own business then a certificate in that respect not issued prior to January 01, 2017 duly certified by the Indian High Commission / Embassy /Consulate OR NRI Certificate issued by the Indian High Commission / Embassy / Consulate, not issued prior to January 01, 2017.
- Photocopy of Permanent Account Number (PAN) card
Note: Incomplete Application Forms/Irrelevant Forms and those received late, without requisite fee and not supported with the required certificates / documents may be summarily rejected and no further correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
Step by Step Instructions for Filling Online Application Form
First of all candidate have to register for AMU Admission 2017. To register online go to http://amucontrollerexams.com/oaps/register.php and fill details like usename, password, email address and name. Click Submit
Once you are registered with AMU website, you can apply for various courses by login to the admission portal using your username and password.
Go to http://amucontrollerexams.com/oaps/login.php
Enter your registered username and password.
A three step application form submission portal will open. Step 3 has 2 parts Application & Payment of test fee which needs to be completed in one go otherwise the application will stand incomplete and applicants will have to re-apply
Step 1 : Profile
Candidate has to fill in the mandatory fields given in the Performa.
Write the correct Enrolment number if you are/were a student of AMU. It is needed to claim the Internal status for a course in which you are applying. The Internal/External status will be filled in Step 3 while applying for a particular course. The external candidates are required to leave Enrolment column as blank.
After Saving the Profile candidate will be asked to Review and Confirm that the particulars entered are correct.
Candidate will not be able to Edit/correct his Profile after Confirmation. However he/she will be able all particulars of his/her Profile in other application forms without re-filling them again and again.
Step 2 : Photo & Signature
Candidate has to upload his/her latest photo & signature and the same will appear on PDF file of his/her Application Form. The size of images must not exceed 80 KB.
Candidate will reserve 10 hard copies of the uploaded photo with him/her as they will be needed at different occasions along with application form as well as at the time admission.
Save the photo and signature to Apply for course.
Step 3 : Course of Entrance Test
Candidate has to select the particulars course and fill up the details accordingly.
Your profile and photos needs to be complete before applying otherwise you will be redirected to complete your profile and upload phots and signature first.
After filling the form the candidate will proceed for proceed for Entrance Test Fee Payment.
Step 4 : Entrance Test Fee Payment (There are the following 2 modes of Payment and the candidate can choose either of them)
Offline Mode: You can use Demand Draft for the payment of Application Fee of the Entrance Test. Such candidates should get the DD of required amount in advance before filling the application form and should fill its particulars in the Application Form. The DD should be drawn in favour of FINANCE OFFICER, AMU ALIGARH payable at ALIGARH.
Step 5 : Submission of Printed Application Form
Link of PDF file of the filled Application Form will appear on the Dashboard (above) of the candidate.
Download the PDF file of the Application Form. Attach the required documents and photos etc and submit it as per instructions given above.
Step 6 : Admit Card
The same Dashboard will be used to monitor the status of your Application Form and to Download the Admit Card for Entrance Test.
A list of cities where Admission Test for various courses of studies is to be held is given below. Candidates are required to indicate in the column provided in Application Form their preference of Admission Test Centres against the available Test Centre options for various courses:
Frequently Asked questions (FAQ)
Question No. 1: I have filled incorrect date of birth and have not posted the form yet. Can I correct DOB?
Answer No. 1: If you have paid fees online, fresh form is to be filled in. Fee is to be paid again as correction in soft copy of application form cannot be done Refund of fee will not be possible as on date.
In case you have made payment through DD / Chalan, you can fill another form and use same DD / Chelan number and post PDF Generated form
Even if you have posted the form, you can fill in another form, provide details of DD and send another PDF, it will be accepted.
Question No. 2. While making online payment, money has been deducted from my account but I could not submit form successfully / generate PDF and print.
Answer No. 2. You have two options. Option one is to click on ‘Unpaid / incomplete application’ button (extreme right side). Click on ‘Take Action’ column (last column) and follow the steps. The problem will be resolved.
Option II is to fill in the form again, your money will be refunded by the bank automatically if it has not been transferred to University’s account or if it has been transferred to University’s account, we shall refund it.
Please note that this problem is not unique to you / us. Ordinarily it happens while withdrawing money using ATM / booking train or air tickets. If the transaction is not successful, reverse entry is made.
Question No. 3. I have filled in wrong spelling of my name / father’s name / mother’s name / incorrect roll number / incorrect city / Pin code etc
Answer No. 3: If you filled in any incorrect details listed or not listed above and have paid fees online, fresh form is to be filled in. Fee is to be paid again as correction in soft copy of application form cannot be done under any circumstances. Refund of fee will not be possible as on date.
In case you have paid fees using a DD / Chalan, you may fill another form with correct details and provide same details of DD / Chalan and post the form to us. It will be accepted. In case you have already posted the form with incorrect details, please fill another form with correct details and send again using same DD no. We shall accept corrected version.