BHU B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2014
Date of Entrance Test : 15.06.2014 (Sunday)
BHU B.Sc. Nursing 2014 Quick Links
BHU B.Sc. Nursing 2014 Seats
There are 60 seats with following seats allocation, 30 seats for General Category, 9 seats for SC Category, 5 seats for ST Category and 16 seats for OBC (non-creamy layer) category. Physically challenged candidates are not eligible for B.Sc. nursing course.
BHU B.Sc. Nursing 2014 Other Important Information
Total Number of Seats:
There are 100 seats with following seats allocation, 50 seats for General Category, 15 seats for SC Category, 8 seats for ST Category and 27 seats for OBC (noncreamy layer) category. Physically challenged candidates are not eligible for B.Sc. nursing course.
Method of Selection:
The written Entrance Test shall be held at the examination centres
- The question paper of the written Entrance Test will have 100 ‘Multiple Choice Questions’ (each carrying 4 marks from Physics, Chemistry. Botany & Zoology (25 questions each) having maximum marks 400 with time duration of 2 hours. There will be “NO” negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Minimum qualifying marks in written entrance examination: The minimum percentage of marks to qualify the written examination shall be will be 50% for General category and 40% for OBC (noncreamy layer)/SC/ST
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained anywhere in the ordinances of the university, no scrutiny / revaluation of the answer sheet shall be allowed on any ground
- The Roll Number of only Provisionally Selected Candidates shall be displayed on the websites of IMS,BHU (www.bhu.ac.in/ims) and also on notice board of Institute of Medical Sciences, and office of the PRO, BHU.They will also be informed individually through Registered
- Post. However, the Institute shall not be responsible for any postal delay or loss of correspondence in Postal Transit
- The candidates will be selected on the basis of their merit in the Written Entrance Test conducted for the purpose. In case of candidates obtaining equal marks in the Written Entrance Test, their inter se merit shall be decided in the following order
- Candidates securing higher marks obtained in zoology section of entrance test 2014.
- Candidates securing higher marks obtained in Botany section of entrance test 2014.
- Candidates securing higher marks obtained in Chemistry section of entrance test 2014
- Candidates securing higher marks obtained in Physics section of entrance test 2014
- If all above happen to be same, the candidate senior in each would rank higher.
- The Provisionally Selected Candidates will have to appear before the Admission Committee and their admission shall be subject to their medical fitness by the Medical Board appointed for the above purpose.
- Candidates who are less than 18 years of age would be required to submit consent of their Father / Guardian to join the Course.
- Candidates would be required to submit NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the Employer at the time of admission.
- The Admission to the Courses shall be subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria as defined above. The Candidates who are called for Admission on merit must bring with them all the original certificates, mark sheets, etc. along with two attested phtotocopies of each and six additional photographs (as submitted in the application form) for verification by the Admission Committee.
- The decision of the admission committee shall be final and binding on the candidate in respect of the Entrance Test and admission to the above course.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the admission committee shall be final. However, an appeal may lie to the ViceChancellor, Banaras Hindu University, against such decision. In no case any candidate shall take recourse to the court of law directly.
- In case of any dispute, Varanasi shall be the jurisdiction
- Mere submission of application, appearing and qualifying in the test will not entitle the candidate to claim admission to the above course.
- The candidates taking up the Entrance Test will have to make their own arrangements for stay at Varana
Original documents / certificates to be furnished during Counseling for admission:
- Admit card
- Proof for Date of Birth (High School Certificate)
- High school Mark sheet & certificate
- (10+2)/ Intermediate Mark sheet & certificate
- Certificate for OBC noncreamy layer (income proof of last three years), i.e. 20122014