Banaras Hindu University invites online Application Form for B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2015 for the academic year 2015-16. BHU B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2015 will be held on Sunday, 14th June 2015 (10 AM to 12 PM) at Varanasi. Complete Details of BHU B.Sc Nursing Test like Application Procedure, Eligibility, Result, Counseling on this page given below.
Date of Entrance Test : 14.06.2015 (Sunday
Latest Update: Result of BHU B.Sc. Nursing has been Announced. (Check here)
BHU B.Sc. Nursing 2015 Quick Links
BHU B.Sc. Nursing 2015 Answer Key – Announced
Answer Key of BHU B.Sc. Nursing 2015 has been announced by the University. Candidate can check answer key to get an idea of their result. Answer key of various set are as follows
BHU B.Sc. Nursing 2015 Other Important Information
Nationality: The candidate should be Indian National
Age: The candidates should be 17 to 25 years of age as on 31 December 2015.
For B.Sc. Nursing course: Candidates, who are Indian Citizens and medically fit in all respects i.e. physically and mentally fit, are eligible to apply for admission to B. Sc. Nursing Course. Physically Challenged Candidates are not eligible for B.Sc. Nursing Course. (As per Circular No. RAC/Mtg/Ac01/06/2009/67/ dt. 4.8.07. Resolution No. 67 of the meeting of Academic council held on 4.6.09 duly approved by Hon’ble ViceChancellor as a chairman of executive Council dt 28.7.2009).
Qualifications: Intermediate / 10+2 or equivalent with science subjects (Physics, Chemistry. Biology) and English from a recognized Board / University with minimum of 50% aggregate marks (PCBE) for the General Category, and 40% for OBC (noncreamy layer)/SC/ST. Those who are appearing for the Intermediate or equivalent examination but the results are not declared shall be permitted to appear in the Entrance Test. However, they will be required to submit original mark sheet of the Intermediate or equivalent examination at the time of counseling to the office of the Director, Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, Varanasi–221005, without which their candidature for admission shall not be considered.
Total Number of Seats:
There are 100 seats with following seats allocation, 50 seats for General Category, 15 seats for SC Category, 8 seats for ST Category and 27 seats for OBC (noncreamy layer) category. Physically challenged candidates are not eligible for B.Sc. nursing course.
Method of Selection:
The written Entrance Test shall be held at the examination centres
- The question paper of the written Entrance Test will have 100 ‘Multiple Choice Questions’ (each carrying 4 marks from Physics, Chemistry. Botany & Zoology (25 questions each) having maximum marks 400 with time duration of 2 hours. There will be “NO” negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Minimum qualifying marks in written entrance examination: The minimum percentage of marks to qualify the written examination shall be will be 50% for General category and 40% for OBC (noncreamy layer)/SC/ST
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained anywhere in the ordinances of the university, no scrutiny / revaluation of the answer sheet shall be allowed on any ground
- The Roll Number of only Provisionally Selected Candidates shall be displayed on the websites of IMS,BHU (www.bhu.ac.in/ims) and also on notice board of Institute of Medical Sciences, and office of the PRO, BHU.They will also be informed individually through Registered
- Post. However, the Institute shall not be responsible for any postal delay or loss of correspondence in Postal Transit
- The candidates will be selected on the basis of their merit in the Written Entrance Test conducted for the purpose. In case of candidates obtaining equal marks in the Written Entrance Test, their inter se merit shall be decided in the following order
- Candidates securing higher marks obtained in zoology section of entrance test 2015.
- Candidates securing higher marks obtained in Botany section of entrance test 2015.
- Candidates securing higher marks obtained in Chemistry section of entrance test 2015
- Candidates securing higher marks obtained in Physics section of entrance test 2015
- If all above happen to be same, the candidate senior in each would rank higher.
- The Provisionally Selected Candidates will have to appear before the Admission Committee and their admission shall be subject to their medical fitness by the Medical Board appointed for the above purpose.
- Candidates who are less than 18 years of age would be required to submit consent of their Father / Guardian to join the Course.
- Candidates would be required to submit NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the Employer at the time of admission.
- The Admission to the Courses shall be subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria as defined above. The Candidates who are called for Admission on merit must bring with them all the original certificates, mark sheets, etc. along with two attested phtotocopies of each and six additional photographs (as submitted in the application form) for verification by the Admission Committee.
- The decision of the admission committee shall be final and binding on the candidate in respect of the Entrance Test and admission to the above course.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the admission committee shall be final. However, an appeal may lie to the ViceChancellor, Banaras Hindu University, against such decision. In no case any candidate shall take recourse to the court of law directly.
- In case of any dispute, Varanasi shall be the jurisdiction
- Mere submission of application, appearing and qualifying in the test will not entitle the candidate to claim admission to the above course.
- The candidates taking up the Entrance Test will have to make their own arrangements for stay at Varana
Original documents / certificates to be furnished during Counseling for admission:
- Admit card
- Proof for Date of Birth (High School Certificate)
- High school Mark sheet & certificate
- (10+2)/ Intermediate Mark sheet & certificate
- Certificate for OBC noncreamy layer (income proof of last three years), i.e. 2013-2015