Banaras Hindu University has notified in regard of Application Form for B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2016 for the academic year 2016-17. BHU B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2016 is being organised by Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi for admission to B.Sc. Nursing course. Complete Details of BHU B.Sc Nursing Test like Application Procedure, Eligibility, Result, Counseling on this page given below.
Latest – List of candidates called for BHU B.Sc Nursing 2016 counselling has been announced. Click on ‘Counselling’ link below
Schedule of events for BHU B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2016
|Start Date of filling Application Form||04 Apr 2016|
|Last Date of submission of Application Form||04 May 2016|
|Date of Entrance Test at Varanasi||12 June 2016 (10:00 am -12:00 noon)|
BHU B.Sc. Nursing 2016 Quick Links
Nationality: The candidate should be Indian National.
Age: The candidates should be 17 to 25 years of age as on 31 Dec 2016.
For B.Sc. Nursing course: Candidates, who are Indian Citizens and medically fit in all respects i.e. physically and mentally fit, are eligible to apply for admission to B. Sc. Nursing Course. Physically Challenged Candidates are not eligible for B.Sc. Nursing Course. (As per Circular No. RAC/Mtg/Ac-01/06/2009/67/ dt. 4.8.07. Resolution No. 67 of the meeting of Academic council held on 4.6.09 duly approved by Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor as a chairman of executive Council dt 28.7.2009.
Qualifications: Intermediate / 10+2 or equivalent with science subjects (Physics, Chemistry. Biology) and English from a recognized Board / University with minimum of 50% aggregate marks (PCBE) for the General Category, and 40% for OBC (non-creamy layer)/SC/ST. Those who are appearing for the Intermediate or equivalent examination but the results are not declared shall be permitted to appear in the Entrance Test. However, they will be required to submit original mark sheet of the Intermediate or equivalent examination at the time of counseling to the office of the Director, Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, Varanasi–221005, without which their candidature for admission shall not be considered.
Banaras Hindu University has issued the BHU B.Sc Nursing Admit Card 2016 for the entrance test to be held as per the schedule. The candidates who have applied for the BHU B.Sc Nursing Admission 2016 must download the Admit card to appear in the entrance test. Admit card is available on the official website. Also, the link to download the BHU B.Sc Nursing Admit Card has been provided below.
- Downloading of admit card is over…!!!
How to download BHU B.Sc Nursing Admit card
- Visit the official link for B.Sc Nursing Admit Card as given above.
- Click on the Login link on the top right corner.
- Enter the Email Id and password as generated at the time of registration.
- Click Login button that will take you to the applicant dashboard
- Look for the ‘Download Admit Card’ link and click on it
- Admit will appear. Save and print the Admit card to appear in the Exam
Provisional Admit Card of BHU B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2016 are also sent to the email id of the candidate. If an eligible candidate does not receive the Admit Card, He / She may contact to the office of the Director Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi – 221005.
Total Number of Seats
There are 100 seats with following seats allocation, 50 seats for General Category, 15 seats for SC Category, 8 seats for ST Category and 27 seats for OBC (non-creamy layer) category. Physically challenged candidates are not eligible for B.Sc. nursing course.
The Written Entrance Test shall be held at the examination centres – Banaras Hindu University Varanasi.
- The question paper of the written Entrance Test will have 100 ‘Multiple Choice Questions’ (each carrying 4 marks from Physics, Chemistry. Botany & Zoology (25 questions each) having maximum marks 400 with time duration of 2 hours. There will be “NO” negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Minimum qualifying marks in written entrance examination: The minimum percentage of marks to qualify the written examination shall be will be 50% for General category and 40% for OBC (non-creamy layer)/SC/ST.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained anywhere in the ordinances of the university, no scrutiny / revaluation of the answer sheet shall be allowed on any ground.
- The Roll Number of only Provisionally Selected Candidates shall be displayed on the websites of IMS, BHU (www.bhu.ac.in/ims) and also on notice board of Institute of Medical Sciences, and office of the PRO, BHU.They will also be informed individually through Registered Post. However, the Institute shall not be responsible for any postal delay or loss of correspondence in Postal Transit.
- The candidates will be selected on the basis of their merit in the Written Entrance Test conducted for the purpose. In case of candidates obtaining equal marks in the Written Entrance Test, their inter se merit shall be decided in the following order
- Candidates securing higher marks obtained in zoology section of entrance test- 2016.
- Candidates securing higher marks obtained in Botany section of entrance test- 2016.
- Candidates securing higher marks obtained in Chemistry section of entrance test- 2016.
- Candidates securing higher marks obtained in Physics section of entrance test- 2016.
- If all above happen to be same, the candidate senior age would rank higher.
- The Provisionally Selected Candidates will have to appear before the Admission Committee and their admission shall be subject to their medical fitness by the Medical Board appointed for the above purpose.
- Candidates who are less than 18 years of age would be required to submit consent of their Father / Guardian to join the Course.
- Candidates would be required to submit NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the Employer at the time of admission.
- The Admission to the Courses shall be subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria as defined above. The Candidates who are called for Admission on merit must bring with them all the original certificates, mark sheets, etc. along with two attested phtotocopies of each and six additional photographs (as submitted in the application form) for verification by the Admission Committee.
- The decision of the admission committee shall be final and binding on the candidate in respect of the Entrance Test and admission to the above course.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the admission committee shall be final. However, an appeal may lie to the Vice-Chancellor, Banaras Hindu University, against such decision. In no case any candidate shall take recourse to the court of law directly.
- In case of any dispute, Varanasi shall be the jurisdiction.
- Mere submission of application, appearing and qualifying in the test will not entitle the candidate to claim admission to the above course.
- The candidates taking up the Entrance Test will have to make their own arrangements for stay at Varanasi.
Original documents / certificates to be furnished during Counseling for admission:
- Admit card
- Proof for Date of Birth (High School Certificate)
- High school Mark sheet & certificate
- (10+2)/ Intermediate Mark sheet & certificate
- Certificate for OBC non-creamy layer (income proof of last three years), i.e. 2014-2016.
BHU B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2016 – Download Information Brochure