Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University which is in its 56th year of existence is the premier medical institution of this country. Over the last decade, it has been consistently ranked amongst the top 20 Medical Colleges of the country and in 2012 was rated as the 6th Best Medical College. The Institute is a unique amalgamation of Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Ayurveda, Faculty of Dental Sciences and the College of Nursing all under one roof. The 1200 bedded attached Sir Sunderlal Hospital is a tertiary care referral hospital providing clinical services to approximate 20 crore population residing in 5 adjoining States and Nepal. A new state of art 334 bedded Trauma Centre has been commissioned recently. The Institute invites applications for admission to various courses for the session 2017.
BHU MBBS / BDS Admission 2017
BHU will be published notification for admission to the MBBS/BDS Courses 2017 in the Institute of Medical Sciences. The application form and other details will be updated on this page as per the official announcement.
|Application form available||Jul 2017|
|Last date to apply online||Aug 2017|
|1st counselling||Sep 2017|
|2nd counselling||Sep 2017|
Insofar any details of BHU MBBS Admission 2017 have not been officially announced. Details given on this page as per last year’s exam brochure and is only for reference. Information has been provided so that candidates who have started looking for BHU MBBS Admission 2017 can get an idea of how the exam is held. As soon as BHU MBBS Admission 2017 information brochure is released, details will be updated here.
Admission to Undergraduate (MBBS/BDS) Courses 2017
The candidates seeking admission to MBBS/BDS Courses 2017 in the Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU must register themselves online in the prescribed application form available on the BHU website (www.bhu.ac.in/ims) alongwith the registration fee. However, the admission will be done on the basis of their merit in the NEET 2017 examination.
Last year The fee for registration to UG Courses was Rs.1000/- for General and OBC candidates and Rs.600/- for PC, SC & ST candidates.
All candidates eligible for NEET 2017 are eligible for registering themselves irrespective of their State of domicile.
Note: The candidates who have registered for admission to MBBS/BDS course 2017 must submit their score card of NEET 2017 within 15 days after declaration of their results to Form Zero.
Number of MBBS Seats (Last Year)
15% of total 84 MBBS seats i.e. 13 seats. will be filled up through All India Quota (for central counselling). The remaining 85% i.e. 71 seats of MBBS will be available for registrants of BHU MBBS/BDS Course-2017 and filled up’ through IMS, BHU counselling. The distribution of 71 MBBS seats amongst the different categories is as follows.
|Category||Number of MBBS Seats|
3% reservation (2 seats) of Physically Challenged candidates will be given horizontally as per Government of India norms.
Number of BDS Seats (Last Year)
15% of total 50 BDS seats i.e. 8 seats, will be filled up through All India Quote (for central counselling). The remaining 85% i.e. 42 seats of BDS will be available for registrants of BHU MBBS/BDS Course – 2017 and filled up through IMS, BHU counselling. The distribution of 42 BDS seats amongst the different categories is as follows.
|Category||Number of BDS Seats|
3% reservation (1 seat) of Physically Challenged candidates will be given horizontally as per Government of India norms.
Note: Please note that those students who have not got registered with the IMS, BHU will not be considered for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses 2017 through IMS, BHU Counselling. However, mere registration does not guarantee admission to MBBS/BDS courses of BHU