The Banaras Hindu University Pre Ayurveda Entrance Test 2015 will conduct a competitive examination (hereinafter called BHU-PAT-2015) on Sunday, 26th July 2015 for admission to the BAMS course and self financing B. Pharm. (Ay) course, self financing BNYS course of this University.
Admission and number of seats in BAMS course may be subject to the approval of Central Council of Indian Medicine and AYUSH Department, Government of India, New Delhi. In B.N.Y.S., Course 50% of seats will be reserved to Internal DNYT course completed candidates, if Internal DNYT course completed candidates are not available those seats will be filled by the external candidates.
|Date of availability of application||24th April 2015|
|Date for receipt of completed application forms||18th May 2015|
|Date of Entrance Test||9th August 2015|
|Date of result on website||31st August 2015|
|Date of Display of Answer Key||12th August 2015|
|Last Date to Entertain any Complaint Regarding Answer Key||14th August 2015|
|Date of Counseling and Medical||To be declared later|
BHU PAT 2015 Quick Links
Candidate shall be eligible to appear in BHU-PAT-2015, if he/she:
- Is an Indian National
- Has passed the intermediate Science or Pre-Medical Course/12 years of 10+2 examination or Equivalent Examination of recognized Indian University/Board/ Council with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (hereinafter called the qualifying examination).
- Has obtained not less than 50% of the total marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the qualifying examination. For Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Candidates, the minimum marks required shall be 40% in the qualifying examination. The candidate has to submit mark sheet and pass certificate at the time of counseling indicating that he/she has passed the qualifying examination in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology along with other subjects.
- The candidate must have completed the age of 17 year but have not crossed the age of 25 years on 31st December 2015 to be eligible for the Entrance Test.
- Only those candidates whose date of birth falls between 1st January 1991 and 31st December 1998 (both dates inclusive) are eligible.
- Those Candidates born on or before 31st December, 1990 and on or after 1st January, 1999 are not eligible.
The test (BHU-PAT-2015) will be held on Sunday, the 26th July 2015 from 9.30 AM to 12.30 PM only in one shift.
The question paper shall be a single paper containing 200 objective questions in English and Hindi.
The BHU-PAT-2015 will be held at four centers— Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Varanasi simultaneously on above mentioned date and time. Candidates have to mention their preference of center in order.
The Conduction of BHU-PAT-2015 at Delhi, Hyderabad and Kolkata centers will depend on the availability of minimum 500 numbers of candidates. If said numbers of candidates are not available the candidates will be given to next preference center of their choice.
The BHU-PAT-2015 question paper is common for all the courses. However the merit list of candidates will be prepared course wise and category wise.
Syllabus of Examination
The standard of BHU-PAT-2015 (BAMS/B. Pharm. (Ay)/ BNYS Entrance Test) will be broadly based on that of 10+2 course or equivalent as laid down by Central Board of Secondary Education/ Intermediate Science of U.P. Board or its equivalent.
There shall be single paper containing 200 (Two Hundred) objective type of questions in English and in Hindi. The competitive entrance Test BHU-PAT-2015 (BAMS/B. Pharm. (Ay)/ BNYS ENTRANCE TEST) will be of three hours (3 hrs) duration inclusive of time for filling in answer sheet and checking of question booklet in first fifteen minutes. The paper will consist of four sections of Fifty (50) questions each containing objective type (multiple choices) questions as detailed below:
- There is no course fee for BAMS Course. Only university and other fee have to be paid as per existing rules.
- The course fee for B. Pharm. (Ay.) and BNYS course is Indian Rupees 50,000/- per annum have to be paid along with university and other fee as per existing rules.
Candidates will be selected in order of merit on the basis of the aggregate marks secured at the BHU-PAT-2013 (BAMS/B. Pharm). The minimum qualifying marks will be 50% for general category, 45% for general PC category and 40% for OBC (non Creamy layer) /Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates.
The selected candidates shall be required to appear personally before the Admission Committee for counseling / interview.
Admission shall not be claimed by any candidate as a matter of right. The admission shall be entirely at the discretion of the admission committee of the institute, which may refuse to admit any candidate without assigning any reason there for.
In case of candidates obtaining equal marks in the BHU-PAT-2015 (BAMS/B. Pharm. (Ay)/ BNYS ENTRANCE TEST) their merit shall be decided in the following order:
- Marks obtained by the candidate in the Zoology Subject in qualifying examination.
- Marks obtained by the candidate in the Botany Subject in qualifying examination.
- Marks obtained by the candidate in the Chemistry Subject in qualifying examination
- Marks obtained by the candidate in the Physics Subject in qualifying examination.
- The date of birth i.e. the candidate senior in the age would rank higher.
Roll Number of Only those candidates will be published and displayed on the web site (www.bhu.ac.in) who is selected for admission and the selected candidate will also be informed individually by Registered post by the Institute. However, the institute shall not be responsible for any postal delay or loss of the correspondence in postal transit.
There is no provision to send the marks of the candidates (selected or unselected) by post.
The candidate who is selected for admission shall be admitted to the Institute provided he/she is found to be medically fit on medical examination by the Medical Board as constituted by the Director for the purpose on any date as fixed by the Director of the Institute. If candidate does not appear personally before the Admission Committee for Counseling I Interview or does not come for the Medical Examination on the date so fixed his/her provisional admission shall be automatically cancelled, and his/her seat shall be offered to the next candidate on merit. The candidates selected MUST deposit the prescribed admission fee on the date as specified, failing which his/her admission is liable to be cancelled.
Certificates/Documents to be produced at the time of Interview/Counselling
- Admit cards issued for BHU-PAT-2015 (BAMS/B. Pharm.)
- Date of birth certificate
- High school certificate
- 10 + 2 / Intermediate certificate
- 10 + 2/ Intermediate mark sheet
- Cast certificate
- OBC category non-creamy layer certificate
- Physically Challenged (PC) certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Migration certificate
- Character certificate
Four copies of passport size colored photograph same as uploaded in Application Form.