CA IPCC – Integrated Professional Competence Course
In this CA IPCC curriculum only working knowledge of core and allied subjects to accountancy profession is instilled, while at the Final (New) course, advanced application knowledge of core and allied subjects to accountancy profession is inculcated. The unique feature of the entire theoretical education of the Chartered Accountancy curriculum is the supportive and complementary practical training. A student would undergo theoretical education and 3 years of practical training after passing Group-I of IPCC. This balanced approach will help the students to appreciate the underlying practical applications of the theoretical education scheme.
In order to develop a strong theoretical base, the students of IPCC have to undergo nine months study course. Since proper understanding of the modern world necessitates knowledge of present day technology and skills, students are imparted 100 hours of Information Technology Training (ITT) and have to undergo 35 hours Orientation Programme before they commence their articled training.
Accordingly, the then existing scheme was revamped and a new scheme was launched on December 10, 2008.
CA IPCC Quick Links
- Notification For Final/Intermediate (IPC) Examination – MAY 2014
- Important Dates
- Application Form
- Exam Centres
CA IPCC Important Information
- Registration & Validity
- Fee Structure
- List of Accredited Institutions
CA IPCC Resources
Objectives of the present scheme:
The present scheme emphasizes on –
- Instilling a uniform entry level test – the Common Proficiency Test (CPT);
- Encouraging young talented students having aptitude for accounting education to make an early entry to the profession;
- Complementing theoretical education by practical training;
- Instilling technical skills through Information Technology Training;
- Instilling inter-personal and soft skills through Orientation Programme and General Management and Communication Skills (GMCS) course;
- Inculcating professional ethical values and attitudes among students;
- Inculcating analytical ability among the students through case studies;
- Globalizing chartered accountancy education through organization of education and training.