ADMISSION PROCESS OVERVIEW
This section provides only a broad overview of the stages involved in counseling and admission process.
Candidates are strongly advised to read instructions available on CCMT website on registration process and choice filling/ locking process before proceeding with the actual registration process.
- Application fee for registration process is non refundable. A registration fee of Rs.1250/- for SC/ST and Rs.1750/- for rest of the categories, payable only by Credit/Debit Card/Internet Banking/e-challan (ICICI/SBI Bank only), is non-refundable and would not be adjusted towards any other fee. Candidates can generate e-challan during the specified period given in Schedule.
- Candidates are advised first to check their eligibility for various programmes very carefully.
- All eligible candidates will have to register and fill their choices ONLINE during the specified period given in the Schedule (Section 5.7) on CCMT website www.ccmt.in to become eligible for seat allotment.
- All candidates must carefully enter the correct and verifiable personal information during online registration.
- Candidates must read carefully all terms & conditions before clicking on the “I agree” check box.
- During this period, the candidates are free to change, reorder, delete and add to their choices of programmes / institutes as per their preference till they lock their choice or till the last date of choice filling.
- Candidate must ensure themselves that they are fully eligible and satisfy special eligibility conditions (given in Annexure-VI) for a particular programme before filling up that programme in the list of preferred choices. It would not be responsibility of the CCMT if their admission is later cancelled due to non fulfillment of eligibility criteria of a particular programme which they are incidentally allotted.
- All the candidates must lock their final choices before midnight of May 23, 2014.
- Candidates will not be able to unlock their choices once these are locked.
- If candidates fail to explicitly lock their choices by midnight of May 23, 2014, their last saved choices will be automatically locked. Candidates are therefore strongly advised to lock their choices themselves. Candidates who have not filled even one choice would lose their chance to get admission as their applications would not be processed further.
- Candidates must take printout of their registration form and locked choices. This printout, which also mentions the terms and conditions agreed to by the candidates, has to be signed and submitted at the time of reporting for admission.
- Registered candidates who do not fill any choice or fail to save them cannot be considered for seat allotment and admission.
- If the information submitted by any candidate is found to be fraudulent, incorrect or untrue, the seat allotted (if any) will be cancelled without any further reference. Moreover, such candidate may no longer be considered eligible for admission and will also be liable for legal action.
- In case you generate e-challan you will need to take a printout of the e-challan, visit any branch of ICICI / SBI Bank only and make the required payment of Registration Fee in order to proceed with your Registration Process. Last date of depositing application fee by e-challan in any ICICI /SBI Bank is given in Schedule(Section 5.7).
- CCMT will not be responsible for any payments made by e-challan after the due date as specified in the Schedule (Section 5.7).
- E-challan payment could only be made by cash. Branch Transaction ID and Branch SOL ID would be filled by the branch where e-challan would be deposited.
- In case you generate an e-challan and do not make the payment in the bank, your Registration Process will be incomplete and you will not receive Login / Password for further process.
- In case you have made the payment in the Bank by e-challan, CCMT would receive a confirmation from the Bank. Only after receipt of such confirmation, you would receive your Login / Password along with the Payment Receipt. This process can take up to 72 hours after you make the payment.
- In case you have made the payment and have not received the Login / Password along with the Payment Receipt in your e-mail after more than 72 hours of making the payment, please contact the CCMT administrator at email@example.com with your Payment Details and a scanned copy of your e-challan with Bank Acknowledgement.
- Once you receive your Login / Password, please use the Login Page to complete your Registration Process.
- E-challan can be generated only once.
- Your e-challan copy will be emailed on your registered primary email address as entered in Registration Screen.
- In case of any further queries, please contact CCMT administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seat Allotment and reporting to Reporting Center
- The first round of seat allotment will be displayed on the website www.ccmt.in as per schedule given in Section 5.7. Individual allotment letters will not be sent to the candidates.
- All the candidates who get an allotment will have to report in person to any one of the Reporting Centers within the scheduled time frame, failing which their seat allotment shall stand cancelled. They will not be considered for further rounds of seat allotment, except that they may be considered for the spot admission round by the respective Participating institutes.
- Candidates will have to produce in original, the valid GATE Score Card (web-copy/photocopy will be invalid) and all other relevant certificates/documents for verification. One set of photocopies of all such documents together with signed printout of registration form, locked choices and provisional allotment letter printed from the website should be available with the candidate at the time of reporting to the Reporting Center.
- Proof of payment of part of Institute fee of Rs.10,000 /- (for all Categories) paid through e-challan of ICICI / SBI Bank is to be produced at the time of reporting.
- Candidate will, at this point, indicate his / her willingness to be considered for all the higher preferred choices (across the institutes) during further rounds of seat allotment (Option I) OR choose to remain within the institute allotted to them for consideration of higher preferred choices within the institute (Option II), OR choose to remain with the institute and programme allotted to him / her (Option III).
- Option I and Option II candidates, if allotted their higher preferred choices during subsequent rounds, will compulsorily forfeit their claim on the seats allotted to them in earlier rounds.
- A provisional admission letter will be issued to the candidates at the Reporting Center after the part of Institute fee is paid, and all certificates / credentials are found in order.
- Some of the institutes and programmes have additional restrictions on qualifications, age, gender and categories (given in Annexure VI). Candidates are advised to ensure themselves that they satisfy all the additional criteria before they fill in their choices for these programmes / institutes. CCMT will not be responsible for any errors / misjudgments on the part of the candidates.
- The second and third round of allotments will be displayed on the website as per the schedule given in Section 5.7.
- Candidates can approach the reporting center (only during reporting of first three rounds) to withdraw from the CCMT counselling process and also to initiate the process of refund of ’part of Institute fee’ paid by them.
Reporting at Reporting Center / Allotted Institute during first three rounds
Candidates, who get their seat allotment for the first time in any of the first two rounds of allotment, will report to any one of the Reporting Centers during the respective reporting periods.
- During the reporting period against the second round of allotment, candidates who have taken provisional admission during the first round may change their Option from Option I to Option II, or Option I to Option III or Option II to Option III. For this purpose, they will have to report during the reporting period of second round at any Reporting Center.
- After the third round of allotment, all candidates who have taken provisional admission in round 1, 2 or allotted seat in round 3 of allotment, will have to report to Allotted Institute / Reporting Center as per the following cases:
- Candidates who participated in first or second round as Option II or Option III, will have to go personally to their Allotted Institute for admission third round of reporting as per the specified schedule given in Section 5.7.
- Candidates who participated in first and second round as Option I and are now satisfied with the seat allotted to them, will go personally to their Allotted Institute for admission in third round of reporting as per the specified schedule given in Section 5.7.
- Candidates who participated in first and second round as Option I and are NOT satisfied with the seat allotted to them but wish to continue to be considered for admission in further rounds, should report again to any of the Reporting Centers for surrendering their seats and getting their choices unlocked during the third round of reporting as per the specified schedule given in Section 5.7
- Candidates who are allotted seats for the first time in the third round and satisfied with allotment choosing Option II or Option III will have to go personally to their Allotted Institutes for admission during the third round of reporting as per the specified schedule given in Section 5.7. Those who are not satisfied with allotment should report to any of the Reporting Centers for surrendering their seats and getting their choices unlocked during third round of reporting as per the specified schedule given in Section 5.7.
- All candidates, who surrender their seat, forfeit all claims on the seat allotted to them. After the surrender process is over, their original choices would be unlocked; these candidates may now modify their choices during the Choice modification period as given in Schedule (Section 5.7) from any place using internet on the website www.ccmt.in. Tentative vacant seats will be displayed on the CCMT website. However, the candidates are warned that during dynamic allotment, the seats may get vacated; therefore they are advised to fill up the choices, if they wish so, even for the programmes for which the seat vacancy is not declared. Withdrawals would not be allowed during this period.
- Candidates with Option II, reporting for admission to the Allotted Institute during the third round, will be considered for their higher choices within the institute allotted to them in the next round.
- The candidates who have been allotted seat and reported in round 1 or 2 or who have received fresh allotment in round 3 but do not report to the Allotted Institute or surrender their seat, will forfeit their claim on the allotted seats and will not be considered for seat allotment in subsequent rounds.
- Choices of all registered candidates who do not get a seat allotment in round 1, 2 or 3 will be automatically unlocked. These candidates can also modify their choices during choice modification period as given in Schedule (Section 5.7). They are not required to approach any Reporting Center for getting their choices unlocked.
- Classes will begin in all the Participating Institutes as per their respective schedule.
Fourth Round & Spot admission
- A fourth round of seat allotment that takes into account the modified choices of all eligible candidates will be displayed on the website as per the schedule given in Section 5.7.
- All candidates who are allotted a seat in the fourth round should report directly to the Allotted Institutes during the period given in Schedule (Section 5.7). Candidates who do not report to the Allotted Institute will forfeit their claim on the allotted seat.
- Spot round, if any, will be organised by individual institutes.
Most of the visitors viewed this page for:
|CCMT 2014-what to do after submitting the fees||procedure of seat choice in ccmt||after ccmt payment i didnt get a mail||ccmt challan processing time||ccmt during admission to college do i have to report in person|