CCMT 2016 is the Centralized Counselling for M.Tech / M.Plan Admission. The GATE 2016 counselling, or CCMT 2016, is the common platform for students to apply for M.Tech/ M.Arch / M.Plan / M.Des programmes. CCMT 2016 Admission and counselling is based on candidates GATE Score of previous and current year. Centralized Counselling for M.Tech/ M.Arch / M.Plan / M.Des is conducted for admission in various NITs across the country and some Centrally Funded Technical Institutions as well.
The Centralized Counselling for M.Tech / M.Plan Admission (CCMT) 2016 starts post announcement of result of GATE 2016. Get here details of application form submission (registration), counselling, round wise seat allotment, college and category wise CCMT cutoff and information relevant for Centralized Counselling for M.Tech / M.Plan Admission.
Notified on 23 July 2016 : All the students who got allotment through CCMT-2016 to M.Tech programs NIT, Srinagar has to report to the institution for admission between 25 – 29 July 2016. For further details contact NIT, Srinagar.
New features of CCMT 2016
- Fresh registration is required for National Spot Round (NSR) with an advance deposit of Rs.42,000/- (OC/OB) or Rs.11,500/- (SC/ST/PwD), which is not refundable on allotment of seat.
- New applicants are allowed to register for NSR.
- Candidates are not required to visit RC for document verification and locking of choices during NSR.
The CCMT Counselling 2016 provides a system wherein students with valid GATE score can fill one CCMT 2016 Application Form and apply to all the programmes of all participating institutions to which they were eligible. Overall convenience of students has increased enormously due to centralized counselling and simplified their efforts tremendously. CCMT 2016 is being organized by one of the NIT.
The CCMT was successfully organized by NIT Rourkela last year. This year, CCMT is being organized by NITK, Surathkal. Three new participating Institutes namely PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh , IIITD&M Kancheepuram and NIT Uttarakhand have joined in the centralized counseling.
Key stages of CCMT, as expected from past year’s schedule is as follows.
- Official notification of CCMT 2016 is released on 1 Apr 2016.
- Candidates with valid GATE 2016 score or GATE 2015 and fulfilling other eligibility conditions (course specific) must register for CCMT 2016.
- Eligible students must submit the CCMT Registration (application form) 2016 with the requisite fees, within the given dates.
- After registration, one must fill in NITs preferences in the CCMT Log in. One can select among the branches provided by the NITs, IIITs, and other participating colleges, as per eligibility and GATE paper appeared in.
- CCMT 2016 Seat Allotment shall be done once preference filling is over. The seat allotment for CCMT 2016 will indicate the college and branch allotted to each candidate. This will be done round wise. Candidates can check online CCMT first round allotment, second round allotment, third round allotment and so on.
- After each round, it is expected that the number of vacant seats shall also be published.
CCMT Counselling 2016 is an on line admission process for National Institutes of Technologies (NITs) and several other Centrally funded institutes namely Central University of Rajasthan, Institute of Technology Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, Bilaspur, ABV-IIITM Gwalior, IIITDM Jabalpur, IIIT Allahabad, Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET) Longowal, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST) Shibpur, National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology (NIFFT) Ranchi, School of Planning and Architecture (SPA) Vijayawada, PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh and IIITD&M Kancheepuram.
Important features of the CCMT Admission procedure, admission schedule, list of reporting centers (RC), list of Participating Institutes (PIs), seat distribution and eligibility matrix of the participating Institutes, academic calendar and fee structure of participating Institutes, fee refund rules, and contact addresses etc. are given here.
CCMT Counselling Process
The entire Counselling process consists of three stages:
Online registration, choice filling and locking of choices: In this process, all candidates eligible for central counselling should register themselves by paying registration fee for counselling on the CCMT website during specified period given in the schedule.
- During the registration process, candidate would need to pay the registration fee.
- After registration fee payment, candidates will be able to exercise their programme choices across all Participating Institutes on CCMT website.
Online Seat Allotment, initial fee deposition and personal reporting to a Reporting Center: Candidates will be offered seats based on their choices in order of merit over multiple rounds of allotment.
- Candidates who are allotted a seat (i.e. offered admission) will have to deposit acceptance fee and then personally report to any one of the ‘Reporting Centers’ or ‘Allotted Institute’ as per the schedule.
- Candidates have to produce their original documents for verification, submit photocopy of documents and proof of the Seat Acceptance Fee payment to mark their acceptance of the offer of seat and exercise “WILLINGNESS CHANGE”.
- On satisfactory verification of all relevant documents and having paid the Seat Acceptance Fee, candidate will be issued a Document Verification Certificate (DVC).
Getting Admitted to Allotted Institute: All the candidates who have been allotted seats and reported at any RC during any of the three rounds (i.e. 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round) have to complete the provisional seat confirmation process by paying seat confirmation fee. The balance fees with respect to allotted Institute have to be paid to the respective allotted Institute at the time of admission.
- After paying the seat confirmation fee, the students can download the Provisional Seat Confirmation letter from the CCMT website.
- The candidates may then directly proceed to the respective allotted Institutes with the original documents, Document Verification Certificate (DVC) signed by the RC officials and the provisional seat confirmation letter downloaded from CCMT website for taking the final admission.
CCMT Spot Round A National Spot Round (NSR) will be conducted after Internal Sliding by CCMT for all eligible candidates, except those who have been considered in Internal Sliding. Candidates who did not register during main counseling are also permitted for spot round. Also candidates who had reported / admitted and withdrawn later are also eligible.
CCMT Admission Process Flow Chart
CCMT Admission Process Flow Chart is given below to explain how the admission procedure works.
Documents Required for Verification during Reporting of CCMT
Candidate should carry the following documents at the time of reporting at the RC.
- Printout of the Registration Form and Locked Choices
- Provisional Seat Allotment letter downloaded from the CCMT website
- Original GATE score card.
- Photo ID proof as per Govt. of India norms
- Original Birth certificate issued by competent authority/ Class X (High School) Board Certificate as proof of date of birth
- Original Mark sheet of Class XII
- Original Grade / Mark sheets of qualifying examination for all semesters
- Original Degree / Provisional certificate, if degree is completed
- Original Certificate of category (OBC/SC/ST), if applicable.
- Undertaking by the candidate regarding OBC status in the required format.
- Original Certificate for Persons With Disabilities (PWD), if applicable, issued by the competent authority
- Proof of payment of Seat Acceptance fee.
- Migration certificate of last Institute / University attended (original)
- Three color passport size photograph.
- Original Conduct Certificate from the head of the institution last attended
- Original Transfer Certificate from the head of the institution last attended
- Original course completion certificate from the Head of the University / Institute, in case result is awaited
- Two sets of self-attested photocopy of all the original documents
If the original certificates are not in English/Hindi, English/ Hindi version/ translation of such certificates, duly certified by the Principal/ Director of the graduating Institute, will be required during the verification of documents.
CCMT Participating Institutes
Participating Institutes list is given below:-