The Centralized Counselling for M.Tech/M.Plan (CCMT) 2017 will be held for the admission into NITs and CFTIs. The admissions will be granted on the basis of GATE 2016 or 2017 score. Every year, one of the NITs is given the responsibility to carry out the CCMT counselling. For the upcoming session, the conducting body has not been announced yet. GATE 2017 score will be available on March 27, 2017. After that, the application form for CCMT 2017 will also be released. Candidates can check details and process of CCMT 2017 from the article below.
The score card of GATE is valid for three years but for CCMT, candidates can only use current and last year’s scorecard. Hence, the candidates possessing valid 2015 GATE scorecard are not eligible.
Candidates possessing GATE Score for 2016 and 2017 can apply via any. However, in the case of the tie, the priority will be given to candidates withholding GATE Score for the year 2016.
Candidates granted admission via CCMT 2017 are provided a stipend of Rs, 12400 per month, provided they maintain the CGPA of 6 or above.
CCMT 2017 Important Dates
The dates for CCMT GATE Counselling 2017 are yet to be announced but the candidates can check tentative durations from the table below.
|1.||Availability of CCMT details||2ndweek of April 2017|
|2.||Online registration starts||2nd week of April 2017|
|3.||Filling of choices||2nd week of April 2017|
|4.||Deadline for registration||3rd week of May 2017|
|5.||Choice filling ends||3rd week of May 17|
|6.||Automatically choice locking||3rd week of May 2017|
|CCMT 2017 Round 1 Details|
|7.||Seat allotment||4th week of May 2017|
|8.||Seat acceptance and reporting at center||4th week of May 2017|
|CCMT 2017 Round 2 Details|
|9.||Seat allotment||1st week of June 2017|
|10.||Seat acceptance and reporting at center||2nd week of June 2017|
|CCMT 2017 Round 3 Details|
|11.||Seat allotment||3rd week of June 2017|
|12.||Seat acceptance and reporting at center||4th week of June 2017|
|13.||Fee payment against provisional admission||4th week of June 2017|
|14.||Sliding result announcement||1st week of July 2017|
|15.||Updates vacant seat matrix release||1st week of July 2017|
|CCMT 2017 National Spot Round (NSP) details|
|16.||Registration for NSP||2nd week of July 2017|
|17.||Choice filling||2nd week of July 2017|
|18.||Seat allotment result announcement||2nd week of July 2017|
|19.||Physical reporting at the allotted institute||3rd or 4th week of July 2017|
CCMT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria o be fulfilled by the candidates is as below:
- Candidates must have qualified GATE in the 2016 or 2017 and should possess a valid GATE Scorecard.
- In the qualifying examination, the minimum score of the candidates must be 6.0 or 60%. For SC/ST/PWD candidates the minimum marks requirement is 6.5 or 65%.
- PWD candidates must have a minimum of 40% disability.
CCMT 2017 – GATE Counselling Process
The stages of counselling are as mentioned below.
Online Registration via CCMT Login
The candidates will have to register online for CCMT 2017. A candidate can apply for as many institutes as they wish, through a single registration. To register the candidates will have to submit personal, education, GATE, and other details. The payment of fee is mandatory for successful registration.
The application fee of CCMT can be either submitted through SBI MOPS (Net Banking or Debit/Credit Card) or through e-challan. Once the payment is made, a confirming SMS and E-mail will be sent to the candidates. The CCMT application fee amount is as below:
- Rs. 2000 for General Category candidates
- Rs. 1500 for SC/ST/PWD Category candidates
CCMT 2017 Choice Filling
Candidates have to submit the choices for the courses and the institutes after CMMT registration. The choice filling can be done from CCMT 2017 Login. Candidates should remember following while submitting the choices.
- The system will only show those choices for course and colleges, for which the candidate is eligible.
- The choice filling has to be done in the order of priority.
- The candidates will have to ensure that after filling the choices they do the locking.
- Else, the system will lock it automatically.
- After locking, the opportunity to change preference will not be allowed.
- At least one choice is to be filled by the candidates. If not, the CCMT 2017 application form will be rejected.
CCMT 2017 Seat Allotment
The allotment of seat will be done entirely on the basis of GATE score. Higher the score of the candidate, higher is the possibility of receiving admission in most prioritized choice.
The candidates will have to pay seat confirmation fee of Rs. 20000. The fee has to be paid at the reporting center. The amount will be adjusted against the admission fee for the allotted institute. Candidates who will not submit the fee amount fill be removed from the counselling process.
Withdrawing of seat
If the candidate has paid the seat confirmation fee but wishes to withdraw, then the confirmation amount will be refunded. The amount will only be refunded at the request of the candidate and Rs. 1000 will be deducted as processing fee. Also, the refund will only be made after the admission process concludes.
Floating of seats
By choosing the floating option candidates will be informing that he/she wishes to consider higher preferences in the upcoming rounds of CCMT 2017.
Sliding of Seats
This indicates that the candidate is satisfied with the institute but would like to consider higher choices in further rounds of counselling.
Freezing of Seats
It indicates that the candidate is satisfied with the seat allotted.
Note: If during the due to floating or sliding new seat has been allotted to the candidates, the older allotment will be canceled automatically.
Document Verification and Provisional Admission Confirmation
Candidates who will be allocated seat will have to visit any of the Reporting Center and get their documents verified. The verification will be done to ensure eligibility. It is mandatory for the candidates to be present at the center physically.
Once the candidates successfully verified they will be required to pay Rs 1000, as provisional admission fee. Against the fee payment, candidates will be allotted a Provisional Admission Letter
Documents to be brought for verification are as below:
- Copy of Registration Form and Locked Choices
- Provisional Seat Allotment Letter
- GATE score card
- Photo ID Proof
- Date of Birth Certificate or Original Class X Certificates
- Original Class XII Mark sheet
- Original Mark sheets and Degree of Qualifying Exam
- Certificate of category (OBC/SC/ST)
- Undertaking by the candidate regarding OBC status in the required format
- PWD Certificate, if applicable
- Receipt of Part Institute Fee Payment.
- Migration certificate from the Institute last attended
- 4 Passport size photographs
- Conduct Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
The documents are to be carried in original and as two sets of the self-attested photocopy.
National Spot Round (NSR) of CCMT 2017
The candidates, who did not register online initially, can participate in NSP. It will be held after Internal Sliding by CCMT. Following candidates will be allowed to participate in it:
- Candidates who have been considered for Internal Sliding.
- Those who did not register for the main counselling.
- Candidates who opted withdraw option in any round of main couselling.
Reporting at the Institute
The reporting at the allotted institute is to be done after the seat allotment result for all the rounds is announced, including the spot round. The candidates must visit the institute in person and fulfil the required formalities.
Participating Institute of CCMT 2017
Total 41 institutes participate in CCMT counselling. All of it are listed below. There is a possibility that few institutes might be added or removed from the above mentioned list. If such happens, we will update it on this page.
- ABV- Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior
- Central University of Rajasthan
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology, Ranchi
- National Institute of Technology, Agartala
- National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- National Institute of Technology, Delhi
- National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
- National Institute of Technology, Goa
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- National Institute of Technology, Karnataka-Surathkal
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
- National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya
- National Institute of Technology, Nagaland
- National Institute of Technology, Patna
- National Institute of Technology, Puducherry
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
- National Institute of Technology, Silchar
- National Institute of Technology, Srinagar
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
- National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand
- National Institute of Technology, Mizoram
- PDPM Indian Institute of Information Technology Design And Manufacturing, Jabalpur
- Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering And Technology, Longowal
- Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat
- School of Planning and Architecture, Vijayawada
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur
- Indian institute of Engineering, Science and Technology, Shibpur, Howrah
- National Institute of Technology, Manipur
- National Institute of Technology, Sikkim
- Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya (A Central University), Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh
- PEC Chandigarh
- IIITDM Kancheepuram