CCMT 2015 is the Centralized Counselling for M.Tech / M.Plan Admission. The GATE 2015 counselling, or CCMT 2015, is the common platform for students to apply for M.Tech. / M.Plan programmes. CCMT 2015 Admission and counselling is based on candidates’ GATE Score of previous and current year. Centralized Counselling for M.Tech. / M.Plan is conducted for admission in various NITs across the country and some Centrally Funded Technical Institutions as well.
The Centralized Counselling for M.Tech / M.Plan Admission (CCMT) 2015 is relevant now that the result of GATE 2015 has been announced (click here for GATE result and score card). Get here details of CCMT 2015 application form submission (registration), counselling, round wise seat allotment, college and category wise CCMT cutoff and information relevant for Centralized Counselling for M.Tech / M.Plan Admission.
The CCMT Counselling 2015 provides a system wherein students with valid GATE score can fill one CCMT 2015 Application Form and apply to all the programmes of all participating institutions to which they were eligible. Overall convenience of students has increased enormously due to centralized counselling and simplified their efforts tremendously.
Key stages of CCMT, as expected from past year’s schedule is as follows.
- Official notification of CCMT 2015 will be released by the first of April.
- Candidates with valid GATE 2015 score or GATE 2014 and fulfilling other eligibility conditions (course specific) must register for CCMT 2015.
- Last year the CCMT application form fee was Rs 1500 for unreserved candidates Rs 1000 for reserved category candidates. Eligible students must submit the CCMT Registration (application form) 2015 with the requisite fees, within the given dates.
- After registration, one must fill in NITs preferences in the CCMT Log in. One can select among the branches provided by the NITs, IIITs, and other participating colleges, as per eligibility and GATE paper appeared in.
- CCMT 2015 Seat Allotment shall be done once preference filling is over. The seat allotment for CCMT 2015 will indicate the college and branch allotted to each candidate. This will be done round wise. Candidates can check online CCMT first round allotment, second round allotment, third round allotment and so on.
- After each round, it is expected that the number of vacant seats shall also be published.
CCMT Counselling 2015 is an on line admission process for National Institutes of Technologies (NITs) and several other Centrally funded institutes viz. IIITM Gwalior, PDPM IIITDM Jabalpur, SLIET Longowal, NIFFT Ranchi, SPA Vijayawada, IIIT Allahabad, and Central University of Rajasthan. Important features of the CCMT Admission procedure, fee refund rules, CCMT Counselling 2015 Date, list of Reporting Centers, list of Participating Institutes with total number of seats, fee structure and contact addresses, seat distribution and eligibility matrix in the institutes etc. are given here.
Please note that CCMT 2015 Information has not yet been announced. Information given below is based on previous year CCMT Counselling and should be used for reference purpose only. Information will be updated as per the official notifications, and information brochure. Please visit again for new details.
CCMT Counselling Process
The entire Counselling process consists of three stages:
Online registration, choice filling and locking of choices: In this process, all candidates eligible for central counselling should register themselves by paying registration fee for counselling on the CCMT website during specified period given in the schedule.
- During the registration process, candidate would need to pay the registration fee.
- After registration fee payment, candidates will be able to exercise their programme choices across all Participating Institutes on CCMT website.
Online Seat Allotment, initial fee deposition and personal reporting to a Reporting Center: Candidates will be offered seats based on their choices in order of merit over multiple rounds of allotment.
- Candidates who are allotted a seat (i.e. offered admission) will have to deposit part of the Institute fee and then personally report to any one of the ‘Reporting Centers’ or ‘Allotted Institute’ as per the schedule, get the original documents verified, submit photocopy of documents and proof of the part of the Institute fee payment to mark their acceptance of the offer of seat and exercise “upgrade Options” (descried later), if opted.
- On satisfactory verification of all relevant documents and having paid requisite fee, candidate will be issued a Provisional Admission Letter.
Getting Admitted to Allotted Institute: Candidates are required to be physically present at the Institute for which admission has been offered and accepted by the candidate (hereinafter called ‘Allotted Institute’) within the specified time frame and successfully complete the ‘Institute Reporting’ process.
- Candidate should present all the required documents in original, pay the remaining fee of the Institute and take formal admission as per the procedure of the admitting institute.
CCMT Spot Round may be scheduled by Individual Participating institutes to fill the seats remaining vacant after CCMT counselling process is over. Registrations process for Spot Round would be notified and carried out by the respective Participating Institutes themselves.
CCMT Admission Process Flow Chart
CCMT Admission Process Flow Chart is given below to explain how the admission procedure works.
Documents Required for Verification during Reporting of CCMT
Candidates shall carry the following documents at the time of reporting to the Reporting Center:
- Printout of the registration form, locked choices, provisional seat allotment letter downloaded from the CCMT website.
- Allotment Letter (Coloured photograph pasted on it)
- Original GATE score card
- Photo ID proof as per Govt. of India norms
- Class X (High School) Board Certificate as proof of date of birth
- Mark sheet of Class XII
- All semesters Grade/Mark sheets of qualifying examination
- Degree / Provisional certificate, if degree is completed
- Certificate of category, if applicable.
- Undertaking by the candidate regarding OBC status in the required format
- Certificate for Persons With Disabilities (PWD), if applicable, issued by the competent authority
- Proof of payment of part of Institute fee
Note: If the original certificates are not in English/Hindi, English/Hindi version/translation of such certificates, duly certified by the Principal/Director of the passing out institute, will be required during verification of documents. A set of self attested photocopies of abovementioned documents should also be submitted at the time of reporting.
CCMT Rules For Seat Allotment
Seats will be allotted on the basis of choices filled and GATE score obtained by the candidate. To resolve and determine inter se merit of candidates having same GATE score, following criterion will be used in the stated order of preference.
- Candidates having GATE score will be given preference over candidate having score of 2015.
- If years of GATE score is same then the candidate who was born earlier as compared to others candidates with tie, will be given preference.
- In highly unlikely event of their birth date being same i.e. same date of birth with same GATE score and year then preference will be given to that candidate who has passed qualifying exam in earlier academic year.
CCMT Fee Details
CCMT Fee Details for various Institutes are given below. These can be revised in this session.
CCMT 2015 Brochure
Please note that CCMT 2015 Brochure is yet not published. Information Brochure given below is previous year CCMT Counselling Brochure and should be used for reference purpose only. It will be updated when available officially. Please visit again for new details.