1. UT of Puducherry Candidates in Colleges run by the Societies of Government of Puducherry Reservations in admission to various degree courses offered by colleges run by the societies of Government of Puducherry for Puducherry UT candidates belonging to different categories are given below. Further SC/BT/EBC/MBC/BCM/OBC candidates are eligible for selection under Open competition/General category in addition to the reservations made to them.
|S.No.||Categories||Percentage of Reservation|
|1||Open Competition/General Category (OC)||50|
|2||Other Backward Classes(OBC)||11|
|3||Backward Classes Muslims(BCM)||2|
|4||Most Backward Classes(MBC)||18|
|5||Extreme Backward Classes(EBC)||2|
|B.||Horizontal Reservation *|
|1||Children / Grand Children of Freedom Fighter(FF)||4|
|3||Wards of Ex-Servicemen (EX)||1 and 3 **|
|4||Candidate who are Meritorious in Sports(Sp)||1|
- For MBBS 1% and for all the other courses 3% of seats are reserved.
- Horizontal Reservation: Seats reserved / allocated under these categories will become operational, only if, the minimum numbers of seats earmarked for each of these categories are not filled up, under normal process of selection in any category. The so arrived number of seats against vertical and horizontal reservation are given in Annexure-IV
1.1 Scheduled Caste Candidates (SC)
Candidates claiming admission under this category should be Origin-SC candidates and should enclose the required certificate issued by an Officer of the Department of Revenue and Disaster Management, not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildar.
1.2 Other Backward Classes (OBC) & Most Backward Classes (MBC) Candidates
Candidates claiming admission under these categories should enclose the recent OBC/MBC certificate issued by an Officer of the Revenue and Disaster Management not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildar.
1.3 Extreme Backward Classes (EBC) & Backward Classes Muslims (BCM) and Backward Tribes (BT) Candidates
Candidates claiming admission under these categories should enclose the recent EBC/BCM /BT certificate issued by an Officer of the Revenue and Disaster Management not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildar
1.4 Freedom Fighter Category (FF)
Candidates claiming admission under this category should be Children / Grand Children of Freedom Fighters and they should enclose the necessary certificate issued by the Officer-in-charge, Freedom Fighter Cell, Government of Puducherry.
1.5 Physically Challenged Category (PH- Differently Abled)
The Candidates seeking admission under this category should produce a full size photograph exhibiting the deformity
The certificates must have been obtained within three months prior to submitting the application for seeking admission under the category, if the certificate has been obtained earlier, the application will be rejected.
The medical certificates issued by District Medical board of the area concerned for this Purpose is subject to the confirmation by the expert Committee constituted by the Director of medical education at the time of counseling.
- The candidates seeking MBBS/BDS course under this category will be required to undergo second Medical examination by a Medical board constituted for the purpose by the director of medical Education to ascertain and confirm the nature and extent of physical disability.
- Candidates with any other disability other the locomatory disability of the lower limb will not be consider for the admission into MBBS/BDM course under this special category .such application will be summarily rejected without any intimation to the candidate.
- The decision of the Director of Medical Education in this regard will be final.
1.6 Wards of Ex-Servicemen (ESM)
Ex-Servicemen: “Those who are registered as Ex-servicemen in the Department of Sainik Welfare (DSW), Govt. of Puducherry and have got Ex-servicemen/Widow of Ex-servicemen identity card from the DSW should enclose the necessary certificate issued by the Director, DSW, Puducherry.”
1.7 Meritorious Sports Person Category (SP)
Candidates claiming admission under sports category should have excellent caliber in sports and games and those who have shown consistency in sports activities.
The Purpose of this quota is to recognize and give weightage to the sports merit of the candidates and hence marks for sports achievements alone will be considered in ranking the candidates under this quota. The candidates are expected to continue good performance in sports events after selection.
The highest achievement of the candidate in only one annual tournament under the listed sports disciplines in a year will be considered for awarding marks. Selection of candidates will be based on the marks obtained by the candidate following the guidelines given in the Government of Puducherry G.O. Ms.No.53 dated 24th May 2012 (Download from the CENTAC Website http://www.centacprof.net.in )
|Priority||Type of Achievement|
|2.||Recognized National Achievement|
|3.||Recognized South Zone Achievement|
|4.||Recognized State Championships|
|5.||Recognized State level Achievements|
|6.||District/Regional/Zonal Level Achievements|
The list of Sports Discipline:
1) Archery 2) Athletics 3) Atya Patya 4) Badminton 5) Ball Badminton 6) Basketball 7) Billiards and Snookers 8) Boxing 9) Gymnastics 10) Handball 11) Hockey 12) Judo 13) Kabaddi 14) Karate do 15) Kayaking and canoeing16) Kho Kho 17) Polo 18) Power lifting 19) Rifle shooting 20) Roller Skating 21) Bridge 22) Carrom 23) Chess 24)Cricket 25)Cycling 26) Equestrian Sports 27)Football 28)Golf 29) Rowing 30) Softball 31) Squash 32) Swimming 33) Table Tennis 34) Taek Wondo 35) Tennikoit 36) Tennis 37) Voley ball 38) Weightlifting 39) Wrestling 40) Yachting 41) Yogasanas.
- For Consideration of candidates seeking admission under the category of Sports Person he / she should enclose attested photo copies of participation certificates and the certificates in the prescribed forms issued by the relevant sports authorities along with the application
- Participation / Achievements in sports / games shown in the list alone, immediately preceding five years to the year for which admission is sought for will be taken into account, National / State Level Championships / Tournaments conducted by Organisations / Federations recognised by Indian Olympic Association / Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, New Delhi alone will be considered for award of marks (Recognition by the Indian Olympic Association / Ministry of Youth and Sports, New Delhi should be relevant to the years concerned).
- The relevant attested copies of the certificates issued by the appropriate authorities as detailed in the G.O. Ms No.53 dt.24.05.2012 are to be submitted along with the application.
- Open / Invitational Tournaments of any kind will not be considered.
- For Tennis Achievements of Top 3 players by his/her position in the ranking list published by ATTA based on the ranking rules and the final rankings of previous 4 years will be awarded marks for achievements and participation (Necessary forms from Associations are to be enclosed)
- For Cricket the Annual Official Championship/Tournaments conducted within the country under the auspices of BCCI at District / State National Level alone will be taken into consideration for that year.
- The participation / achievements of candidates with nativity of Puducherry Union Territory and who represented Union territory of Puducherry alone are eligible for marks under National Category.
- Only Union territory of Puducherry candidates are eligible to apply for admission under Sports Quota and only the KVS / NVS / CBSE Schools within Puducherry are eligible for marks.
- All the achievement certificates are to be supported necessarily by the relevant participation Certificates and appropriate Form / Certificates.
- No further enclosures or certificates will be entertained after the last date for submission of completed application.
- Required number of candidates will be called to appear for an interview before the Common committee for Engineering /Medicine for verification of the Originals, followed by counseling after ranking.
- If any candidate fails to produce the requisite original certificates /forms, his / her place will be allotted to the candidate next in rank and so on. The consequential vacancy at the end of the rank list will be filled up from among the additional candidates according to their ranks.
- Selected candidates will be counseled and allotment of branches and colleges earmarked for this quota based on the ranking before the start of the main Counseling.
- A Candidate can utilize the sports quota only once for these admissions.
- A Committee will be constituted to scrutinize the applications received under this category and will rank the candidates based on the marks assigned to the certificate enclosed along with the application and the sports merit list will be published in the CENTAC website well before the counseling for the sport category seats. The final authority to settle all disputes in the matter of selection under Sports Quota will be CENTAC.
1.8 Special Regional Allocation for Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam- Subject to revision of G.O if any.
- Candidates claiming admission under this category should be resident of the respective region, for a continuous period of 5 years on the date of application.
- To claim admission under special allocation from Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam regions, candidates should have studied in the recognized schools located in the respective regions continuously for three (3) years, immediately preceding the qualifying examination (including the year of the qualifying examination). Mere stay in places such as residential hostel would not amount to residence. They should produce residence certificate from the competent authority not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildar.
- These candidates should enclose the necessary certificate in the prescribed format only (Annexure-III).
- This certificate should be obtained from The Head of the Institution in which they studied, and countersigned by the respective Chief Educational Officers of Karaikal and Mahe Regions, and the Regional Administrator of Yanam Region. They should also enclose residence certificate issued by an Officer of the Department of Revenue and Disaster Management, not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildar of the respective regions, clearly indicating the addresses of residence.
NOTE: i) Residence/Regional/Special Allocation once claimed in the application will not be changed under any circumstances.
ii) All the claims for the residence/ regional / special allocation should be made in the prescribed format and should be signed by the competent authorities specified.
2. UT of Puducherry Candidates in Self – Financing Colleges
The reservation as per the policy of Government of Puducherry will be adopted for admission to the Government quota seats in minority and non-minority self-financing professional colleges.
2.1 UT of Puducherry candidates in self-financing Engineering colleges
The reservation of allotment of seats to Puducherry UT candidates in Self-financing Engineering Colleges is as per the merit list prepared by CENTAC by adopting the normalization procedure. In this connection, the order issued by the Education Secretariat will be kept as guidance.
2.2 UT of Puducherry candidates in self-financing
Medical/Dental/Paramedical Colleges for M.B.B.S., B.D.S., B.P.T., B.Sc. (Nursing) and B.Sc (MLT) courses
The reservation of allotment of seats to Puducherry UT candidates in Self-financing Medical/Dental/Paramedical Colleges for M.B.B.S., B.D.S., B.P.T., B.Sc. (Nursing) and B.Sc (MLT) courses are as per the merit list prepared by CENTAC by adopting the normalization procedure. In this connection, the order issued by the Health Secretariat will be kept as guidance.