COMEDK PGET 2014 Counselling
The details of COMEDK PGET 2014 Counselling have been announced.
On 2nd February 2014, the Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to PG courses in Medical and Dental Private Unaided Colleges of Karnataka has been conducted and the Rank List of candidates who are eligible to participate in the Counseling process has been announced on 22nd February 2014.
COMEDK wishes all the best for those candidates who have thus become eligible to participate in the counseling process; and to enable a fair selection of seats, based on merit, certain rules have to be laid down and this process document provides a fair idea as to how and what the candidates have to follow as procedure for selection of seats, mandatory certificates/documents to be produced in general and particularly the Photo ID in original which has already been produced at the time of writing the test on 02/02/2014, the fees to be deposited, the concept of mal-practice and the measures required to be observed for avoiding the same, consequences of such mal-practices, surrender policy, reporting to colleges etc.
The participating candidates are required to go through this seat selection / counseling process document detailed hereunder carefully and adhere to the rules strictly.
- Indicative availability of seats through COMEDK in respect of Medical and Dental PG Courses 2014. Notified on 12/04/2014 (Revised on 16/04/2014).
- First Round Counselling Schedule
- A ready reckoner of requirements for PGET – 2014 Counseling. Notified on 14/04/2014.
- COMEDK PGET 2013 Cut Off – Medical
- COMEDK PGET 2013 Cut Off – Dental
COMEDK PGET 2014 COUNSELLING ANNOUNCEMENT
Based on the authorization issued by the Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation Trust (KPCF), the COMEDK is holding a centralized Counseling for admissions to Post- Graduate Medical and Dental courses in respect of 12 medical and 19 dental colleges in the State, for the academic year 2014-2015 so as to ensure merit based admission.
In COMEDK PGET 2014 Counselling Brochure, a mention has been made regarding implementation of Act 8 of 2006 and reservation of seats as separate quota for SCs/STs/OBCs of Karnataka from COMEDK. However, Government of Karnataka has entered into consensual agreement with the Association of Medical and Dental Colleges under which reservation in favour of SCs/STs/OBCs has been provided by the Government itself out of the seats handed over to it and also exempting COMEDK from making such reservation. Accordingly, no separate reservations of seats in favour of SCs/STs/OBCs are made available from COMEDK for PGET 2014.
Similarly, 70% of the seats are reserved in favour of “Local Persons” in the Institutions located in Hyderabad Karnataka area and 8% of the seats are reserved for “Local Persons” of the Hyderabad Karnataka Region in the Institutions located outside the said region; The Hyderabad Karnataka region comprises of (i) Gulbarga, (ii) Yadgir, (iii) Bidar, (iv) Koppal, (v) Raichur and (vi) Bellary.
Having announced the Rank List on 22.02.2014 on its website (www.comedk.org), the candidates are required to please note, facilities have been made to enable the candidates to Login and print their respective Rank Cards. This should be brought without fail to the counseling along with the other Mandatory documents.
COMEDK PGET 2014 COUNSELLING VENUE
The Counseling venue is NMKRV College Mangala Mantapa, 3rd Block, Jayanagar, (near South End Circle), Bangalore, 560011.
ELIGIBILITY FOR COUNSELLING
- The main philosophy behind counseling for admission into professional institutions is that a candidate, after selecting a seat, be given one more opportunity either to continue with the seat so selected during the first time of counseling or if he/she so desires to select a seat of his / her choice during the second time which shall be final. By adopting this philosophy all candidates, get an opportunity twice either to confirm the seat selected or to change their seat depending on the circumstances. Thus it is the prerogative of both the candidate as well as COMEDK to limit or provide for opportunity only twice in any category.
- As biometric verification, photo verification and signature verification will be made, the candidate’s physical presence is compulsory hence no proxy registration is possible under any circumstances. Only genuine and bonafide candidates possessing original documents are allowed for counseling.
- Medical certificates / affidavits for any physical non-presence will not be accepted.
- All candidates have to show the original documents specified at Para 11 below without which they will not be allowed to enter the Auditorium where the counseling is held.
- Only candidates are allowed for the entire counseling process and no other person can accompany the candidates inside the counseling hall. Use of Cell Phones / Laptops / I-pads or any other electronic gadgets is strictly prohibited inside the Counseling Venue.
- Request such as the originals have been lost and a police complaint filed or F.I.R lodged and hence duplicate marks card or other certificates be accepted will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- If any of the documents / records are not original, Candidate/s shall produce duplicate documents / records issued by the same competent authority which issued the original along with a certificate by the said competent authority explaining the circumstances under which such duplicate documents / records came to be issued and the decision of the expert committee in this regard shall be final. The expert committee may at its discretion insist for production of eligibility certificate as from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) in any eventuality.
For Admission to Medical or Dental
- As per the Medical /Dental Council of India, the minimum percentage of marks in the entrance test (COMEDK PGET-2014) for eligibility to participate in the counseling processes leading to admission to Post Graduate Courses shall be 50% for General Category candidates and 40% for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes (All India) and Other Backward Classes belonging to Karnataka State only.
- Only those candidates who have completed or will be completing their Internship on or before 30/04/2014 are eligible for Centralized counseling to pursue their PG courses in Medical / Dental Stream for the academic year 2014-2015 as per Medical /Dental Council of India.
- The declaration made by candidates in their Application Form with regard to SC/ST/OBC (for lower eligibility marks) and Minority will be final and changes in the category / minority on any ground are not permitted under any circumstances.
DOCUMENTS TO BE PRODUCED FOR COUNSELING
Only the original Certificates and one set of Attested Photocopies of all the documents shall be furnished compulsorily at the time of counseling. (Ensure to have enough photocopies of original documents for your use)
- COMEDK PGET-2014 Rank Card. (Printed online copy from COMEDK website)
- SSLC or 10th Standard Marks card, Passing Certificate or Transfer Certificate for the proof of Date of Birth.
- MBBS/BDS (All Marks Card/s).
- Photo Identity in original produced at the time of writing the Entrance Test on 02nd Feb, 2014 (No other photo ID is acceptable)
- An affidavit (Annexure I) on a Stamp paper Rs.20/- signed before a Notary, if he/she has taken a seat in any other college in Karnataka state for which any other agency such as Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) conducts counseling /All India Post graduate Medical or Dental Counseling /Deemed University of Karnataka that he/she will surrender that seat and produce surrender certificate along with all the originals within the date that will be notified shortly failing which the provisionally allotted seat will automatically get cancelled and a sum of Rs. 50,000 be deducted from the fee already deposited.Notified on 19/03/2014
- Permanent / Provisional degree certificate.
- Permanent / Provisional State / Central Council registration Certificate.
- Attempt Certificate (if applicable).
- Internship completion Certificate / Certificate for date of completion of internship duly signed by the Head of the Institution last studied in case of candidates who have not yet completed their internship at the time of counseling (Candidates would be eligible for seat selection only if they complete their internship on or before 30/04/2014).
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST (All India) and OBC (of Karnataka State) would be considered, provided they furnish the following Certificates:
- SC/ST: Caste Certificate issued by Tahsildar or higher revenue jurisdictional authority authorized to issue such certificate.
- OBC: Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, and IIIB: As notified by the Government of Karnataka – Caste and income Certificate issued by Tahsildar or higher revenue jurisdictional authority authorized to issue such certificate. Note: The declaration made by candidates in their Application Form with regard to SC/ST/OBC is only for lower eligibility marks; whereas no separate reservations of seats in favour of SCs/STs/OBCs are made available from COMEDK for PGET 2014.
- Minority Candidates:
- Minority candidates -Religious (Christian), Linguistics (Telugu / Tulu) shall produce certificate as per Annexure – II.
- Residential/Domicile certificate issued by the competent authority to show that he/she or his/her parents (Father/Mother) has been a resident of Karnataka state for a period of not less than Ten years shall be produced as per Annexure-III.
- In the event of furnishing of residential /domicile certificate, proof of either father/ mother of the candidate having studied in Karnataka State for a continuous period of Ten years shall also be produced.
- Candidate belonging to H & K region: Have to submit the required eligibility certificates as prescribed under Karnataka public employment (Reservation in Appointment for Hyderabad Karnataka Region)
(Issue of Eligibility Certificates), rules 2013 read with Government Circular No. DPAR 43 HKC 2013 dated 10/02/2014.Notified on 19/03/2014(NOTE: During the first round of counseling, candidates can select their seat under General Merit category. However candidates belonging to religious and linguistic minority of Karnataka state can select a seat either under General Merit or in the respective minority institution in the order of merit. The Similar process shall apply mutatis mutandis for candidates belonging to H&K Region).
- Demand Draft drawn only from the Nationalised banks in favour of ‘COMEDK’ and Indicating the Test Admission Ticket Number (TAT Number. XXXX) there on payable at Bangalore; the list of Nationalized Banks is given at Annexure-IV. Demand Draft drawn on a bank not listed in Annexure IV is NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Candidates who have selected a seat by submitting their Original documents in the following Institutions / Universities / Agencies may attend the COMEDK First Round counseling, with one set of attested photocopies of documents as indicated in para-11, along with the acknowledgement and the original allotment letter issued by them:
- All India Post Graduate Medical and Dental Counseling;
- Deemed Universities of Karnataka State only;
- Any other colleges in Karnataka state for which any other agency such as Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) conducts counseling.
All other candidates have to show the original documents specified as above without which they will not be allowed to participate in the counseling.
COMEDK PGET 2014 Counselling Brochure
Most of the visitors viewed this page for:
|comedk pg dental 2014 COUNSELING information||comdek pg dental 2014 COUNSELING information||comed k pg admission 2014||comed k pget councelling||medical pg seat structure in comedk 2013|