COMEDK PGET 2016 will be held on 7th February 2016. COMEDK PGET 2016 is organized by Consortium Of Medical Engineering And Dental Colleges Of Karnataka. Notification announcing exam date of COMEDK PGET 2016, eligibility conditions of this PG Medical and Dental entrance exam has been published by the consortium at comedk.org. Knowing the eligibility conditions, candidates can fill the COMEDK PGET 2016 Application Form and pay requisite fees. Applicants will be issued the COMEDK PGET 2016 Admit Card to appear in exam. Admission in member colleges will be on the basis of COMEDK PGET 2016 Result rank.
Get here complete details of COMEDK PGET 2016 including application form, admit card, answer key, result, cutoff.
COMEDK PGET 2016 Notification
Details regarding the schedule of examination, information Brochure etc., will be notified in due course. Prospective candidates are required to check the COMEDK website for regular updates.
Candidates from across the country can appear for the entrance examination. The eligibility criteria for Post Graduate Degree / Diploma programs are as follows:
COMEDK PGET 2016 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants must:-
- meet all the requirements stipulated by MCI / DCI from time to time.
- have successfully passed their MBBS / BDS from an Institution recognized by MCI / DCI.
- have completed or be completing their internship by 30th April 2016 at the latest.
- have obtained permanent registration with the MCI / DCI or any of the State Medical / Dental Council.
The candidature of the following is not acceptable:-
- Candidates already holding a PG Degree in any specialty;
- Candidates pursuing a PG Degree / Diploma in any clinical specialty after securing the seat through COMEDK in the earlier years;
- Candidates selected a seat through COMEDK earlier and failed to join the college so selected or failed to surrender the said seat at the COMEDK level or having joined the college failed to pursue the course; and
- Candidate debarred by COMEDK during the previous years.
Note: Notwithstanding the eligibility criteria mentioned as above, the changes, if any, effected by MCI/DCI or any other competent Regulatory Authorities shall be adopted.
COMEDK PGET Quick Links
COMEDK PGET 2016 Important Dates
Calendar of events will be published in a short while. Expected timeline for the COMEDK Postgraduate Medical and Dental entrance exam as per last year’s schedule is as follows.
|Important event related to COMEDK PGET 2016||Dates|
|Application forms are issued||November 2016 (first week)|
|Last date to apply online||December 2016 (third week)|
|Last date for receipt of COMEDK PGET form||December 2016 (last week)|
|Download COMEDK PGET 2016 admit card||January 2016 (second week)|
|Date of exam||February 7, 2016|
|Answer key of COMEDK PGET 2016 is published||February 2016 (second week)|
|Revised and final answer keys are published||February 2016 (third week)|
|COMEDK PGET 2016 result announcement||February 2016 (last week)|
COMEDK PGET 2016 Application Form
Eligible candidates can fill and submit the application form of COMEDK PGET 2016. Details such as the following have to be entered in the form.
- Date of birth,
- Email ID,
- Mobile number,
- Course applying for.
The simple steps followed in the previous year for COMEDK PGET Application Form are as follows: submitting RFA (request for application) to get applicant login and password, filling up the OAF (online application form), generating application number and sending PAF (physical application form).
More than a month’s time frame is usually given to complete the process of application form submission. Applicants can then download COMEDK PGET 2016 Admit Card.
COMEDK PGET 2016 Admit Card
Known as the test admission ticket TAT, admit card of COMEDK PGET 2016 will be issued to applicants around fifteen days before the COMEDK Postgraduate Medical and Dental Entrance Test. The COMEDK PGET Admit Card 2016 must be carried on the day of exam and preserved till the end of admission process.
It contains the following information
- TAT number,
- Candidate’s name,
- Contact address of candidate,
- Test center assigned,
- Date and time of exam.
COMEDK PGET 2016 Result
In order to be in the merit rank list of COMEDK PGET 2016 Result, candidate must obtain cut off marks. The minimum qualifying marks set as COMEDK cut off for PGET was 50% for General Merit, and 40% for SC, ST, OBC categories last year.
Statistics of COMEDK PGET (2015)
|Details of COMEDK PGET||Data|
|Number of candidates applied for COMEDK PGET PG Medical||13616|
|Number of candidates who appeared for the PG Medical test||11286|
|Number of candidates applied for COMEDK PGET PG Dental||4479|
|Number of candidates who appeared for the PG Dental test||4124|
Key points regarding COMEDK PGET 2016 medical and dental exam and admissions are given below.
- Application form of COMEDK PGET is to be filled online. Candidate must read instructions carefully before applying.
- Apart from eligibility conditions specified by COMEDK, candidate must also meet requirements laid down by MCI and DCI.
- Internship should be completed before April 30, 2016. Please note that if you are completing internship after this date, you will not be eligible for admission in medical and dental colleges of Karnataka through COMEDK PGET 2016.
- Admit card of the exam, also known as COMEDK PGET TAT 2016, will be available for download online after form submission.
- General category candidates must obtain at least 50% in the entrance test.
- Reserved category candidates including SC, ST, OBC, must obtain at least 40% in the PGET.
- Qualified and eligible candidates only will be called for counselling.
COMEDK PGET application form 2016 submission will begin soon. Please note that you must determine eligibility before applying for COMEDK PGET 2016. The form along with required application fee is to be submitted to COMEDK (Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka) before last date. Details of eligibility, application form, test pattern and results is given here.
- Medical degree courses such as M.D. and M.S.
- Medical Diploma courses in clinical and para clinical subjects.
- Dental degree courses (M.D.S.).
- Dental Diploma courses in clinical subjects.
|Program||Duration in Years|
|Post Graduate Medical Degree||3|
|Post Graduate Medical Diploma||2|
|Post Graduate Dental Degree||3|
|Post Graduate Dental Diploma||2|
For further details, please check the links detailing information such as dates, eligibility, application form submission and other important matter, above.
Other Institutes taking admission through COMEDK PGET
About COMEDK PGET – The Karnataka Private Medical & Dental Colleges Association, in their endeavour to offer an effective, fair and objective testing procedure to determine merit of students seeking admission to the member institutions, have formed “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka” (COMEDK). COMEDK has been assigned the task of organising a common entrance test for the academic year, for Indian national candidates aspiring to pursue Post Graduate Courses in Medicine and Dentistry in the state of Karnataka, in Member Institutions of the Consortium (Medical and Dental Colleges).
If you have any queries about COMEDK PGET 2016, please ask in comments below.