COMEDK PGET 2016 is the Post Graduate Medical and Dental Entrance Exam. Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka to determine the merit of students for admission. Presently 12 Medical and 19 Dental colleges, who make available almost 600 Institutional seats, are affiliated to COMEDK and utilize its testing mechanism for effecting admission to PG Program during the academic year 2016-17.
COMEDK PGET 2016
For the first time COMEDK PGET will be an online computer based test for admission to Post Graduate Medical and Dental programs at member institutions of Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation served by COMEDK.
|Important event related to COMEDK PGET 2016||Dates|
|Online Registration for COMEDK PGET 2016||10th Nov 2015 – 2nd Jan 2016|
|COMEDK PGET 2016 Exam Date||17th Jan 2016|
|COMEDK PGET 2016 result announcement||5th Feb 2016|
Candidates from all over the country can appear for the said entrance examination. The eligibility criteria for Post Graduate Degree / Diploma programs have been as published by COMEDK in its Notification and are reproduced in this article.
COMEDK PGET is being conducted for merit determination for use by COMEDK Member Institutions and the COMEDK PGET-2016 test scores are valid only for admissions during the academic year 2016-2017. There will be a separate entrance test for each of Post Graduate Medical and Dental streams
COMEDK PGET 2016 Application Form
Eligible candidates can fill and submit the application form of COMEDK PGET 2016. Details such as the following have to be entered in the form.
- Date of birth
- Email ID
- Mobile number
- Course applying for –
The simple steps followed in the previous year for COMEDK PGET Application Form are as follows: submitting RFA (request for application) to get applicant login and password, filling up the OAF (online application form), generating application number and sending PAF (physical application form).
Approx a month’s time is given to complete the process of application form submission. Applicants can then download COMEDK PGET 2016 Admit Card.
Eligibility Criteria of COMEDK PGET 2016
- You must meet all the requirements laid down by the Medical Council of India (MCI) or Dental Council of India (DCI).
- Educational qualification – You must have successfully passed MBBS / BDS from a recognized institution. The minimum percentage of marks in the COMEDK PGET – 2016 shall be 50% for General Merit candidates and 40% for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe (All India) and Other Backward Classes belonging to Karnataka State.
- You must have completed compulsory internship by 30 April 2016.
- You must have obtained permanent registration with the MCI / DCI or state medical / dental council.
The candidature of the following is not acceptable:-
- If you are already holding a PG Degree in any specialty.
- If you are pursuing a PG Degree / Diploma in any clinical specialty after securing the seat through COMEDK in the earlier years.
- If you had selected a seat through COMEDK earlier and failed to join the college so selected or failed to surrender the said seat at the COMEDK level or having joined the college failed to pursue the course.
- If you have been debarred by COMEDK during the previous years.
Note: Not with standing the eligibility criteria mentioned as above, the changes, if any, effected by MCI/DCI or any other competent Regulatory Authorities shall be adopted.
COMEDK PGET 2016 Admit Card
Known as the test admission ticket TAT, admit card of COMEDK PGET 2016 will be issued to applicants around fifteen days before the COMEDK Postgraduate Medical and Dental Entrance Test. The COMEDK PGET Admit Card 2016 must be carried on the day of examination and preserved till the end of admission process.
It contains the following information
- TAT number
- Candidate’s name
- Contact address of candidate
- Test center assigned
- Date and time of examination
COMEDK PGET Examination Pattern
The scope of the syllabi for the Post Graduate Medical / Dental entrance test is based on the M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. syllabus as prescribed by MCI / DCI respectively.
There will be one separate test for PG Medical and another separate test for PG Dental Courses. Each test will have 180 Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs).
The test comprises of two sections in each stream:
- Section I: Direct MCQ’s – 120 questions of 1 mark each
- Section II: Clinical vignettes linked MCQs– 60 question of 1 mark each
- Section I : Direct MCQ’s – 148 questions of 1 mark each
- Section II : Clinical vignettes linked MCQs– 32 question of 1 mark each
The test will be held on the mentioned time and date in all the test centres simultaneously and the time allotted for the test is 180 minutes (3 hours). The test will begin at 10:00 AM and end at 01:00 PM.
Each correct answer is awarded one mark. There will be no negative marking.
COMEDK PGET 2016 Result
A merit / rank list is generated based on the candidate’s score in entrance test only. This rank list is the basis for participation in the seat selection process (counselling) later. A minimum of 50% for General Merit and 40% for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories.
List of COMEDK PGET Member Institutions
Below are the list of Member Institutions for Medical and Dental stream respectively and the information is as per the data furnished by these institutions during PGET 2016. If any new Institutions are added the same will be notified online in COMEDK website.
Statistics of COMEDK PGET (2015)
|Details of COMEDK PGET||Data|
|Number of candidates applied for COMEDK PGET PG Medical||13616|
|Number of candidates who appeared for the PG Medical test||11286|
|Number of candidates applied for COMEDK PGET PG Dental||4479|
|Number of candidates who appeared for the PG Dental test||4124|
Key points regarding COMEDK PGET 2016 medical and dental exam and admissions are given below.
- Application form of COMEDK PGET is to be filled online. Candidate must read instructions carefully before applying.
- Apart from eligibility conditions specified by COMEDK, The candidate must also meet requirements laid down by MCI and DCI.
- Internship should be completed before April 30, 2016. Please note that if you are completing internship after this date, you will not be eligible for admission in medical and dental colleges of Karnataka through COMEDK PGET 2016.
- Admit card of the exam, also known as COMEDK PGET TAT 2016, will be available for download online after form submission.
- General category candidates must obtain at least 50% in the entrance test.
- Reserved category candidates including SC, ST, OBC, must obtain at least 40% in the PGET.
- Qualified and eligible candidates only will be called for counselling.
For more details please refer to the Information Brochure of COMEDK PGET 2016.
Helpline Number: 1800-103-6182.
Email: [email protected]
Official Website: www.comedk.org
Other Institutes taking admission through COMEDK PGET
About COMEDK PGET – The Karnataka Private Medical & Dental Colleges Association, in their endeavour to offer an effective, fair and objective testing procedure to determine merit of students seeking admission to the member institutions, have formed “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka” (COMEDK). COMEDK has been assigned the task of organising a common entrance test for the academic year, for Indian national candidates aspiring to pursue Post Graduate Courses in Medicine and Dentistry in the state of Karnataka, in Member Institutions of the Consortium (Medical and Dental Colleges).
If you have any queries about COMEDK PGET 2016, please ask in comments below.