DASA 2015 is the Direct Admission of Students Abroad. The DASA 2015 admissions will be coordinated by MNIT Jaipur for engineering and architecture admissions of students abroad in premier Indian colleges. DASA 2015-16 is organized by Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur. The admission of Foreign Nationals/ Persons of Indian Origin/ Non-Resident Indians (FN / PIO / NRI) to undergraduate programs in Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) is being offered under DASA scheme of MHRD. Candidates living abroad who seek admission in NITs, IIITs or other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions of India need to take admission via DASA 2015. The details of application, admission, and other information are given here.
DASA 2015 Application Form is available online from April 1, 2015 to June 01, 2015. Last date to submit the form and submitting SAT subject scores is June 1, 2015.
Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) 2015
Exam scores considered for admission: SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test), conducted by College Board.
SAT Scores to be sent to Institute Code: The institute code of MNIT Jaipur for SAT score is 7664.
- Minimum SAT Score for UG Admissions is 1440.
- Registration (Application) fee has been revised. It is now USD 300 (Non refundable). Tuition fee has been revised. It is now USD 8000 per annum for UG and USD 4000 per annum for PG.
- Important details regarding procedure of admission and guidelines such as DASA 2015 eligibility criteria, seat matrix, information brochure, participating institutes and application form are given here and at official website www.dasanit.org.
DASA 2015 Quick Links, Participating Institutes and Courses
- Notification for Undergraduate Admissions
- Application Form
- Important Dates
- Participating Institutions
- Courses Offered – UG
- Cut Offs (SAT Subject Scores)
DASA Undergraduate Admissions – First Round of Seat Allotment Results announced – Please login to the Applicant Portal & check the status of allotment.
- Round 1– SAT Subject Test Score Cut off list
- First Round – Seat Allotment Status
Send SAT Subject test scores early
- Applicants should also arrange to send SAT Subject Test scores directly from College Board, USA, to Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur (Institute Code: 7664) so as to reach DASA Office, MNIT Jaipur on or before 23:59 HRS (IST) 1st June, 2015.
- The Institute Code of MNIT Jaipur is 7664.
- The best valid score in each subject will be considered for arriving at the total score which will be used for merit list preparation.
Residential Eligibility for DASA UG admissions in case of Indian Nationals
- In case of Indian Nationals, they must have completed the 11th and 12th standard or equivalent from outside India.
New Institutions in DASA 2015
- PEC Chandigarh, DTU Delhi, IIIT Delhi, SLIET Punjab, NIFFT Jharkhand are also participating in DASA 2015 apart from NITS, IIITs, SPAs.
Candidates from Nepal and Bhutan can pay in USD or Rupees
Candidates from Nepal and Bhutan can pay their fees either in US Dollars or in Equivalent Indian Rupees (if payment is made from banks in Nepal or Bhutan). However, in case of Rupee payment they are required to get Exchange Rate Certificate from the bankers and submit the same along with the application form.
Submission of 12th Marks Cards
Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination, i.e. Senior Secondary [10+2] or equivalent from any system of education as recognized by the Association of Indian Universities with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and any one of these as optional subjects( Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th AND / OR 12th , as applicable in the respective boards.
Online Admission Portal
Online Admission Portal for undergraduate programs will be launched on April 01, 2015.
Preparation of Merit List
A merit list of all the eligible applicants would be drawn on the basis of total SAT Subject Test scores only. Only those applicants whose valid SAT Subject Test scores have been received by MNIT Jaipur, on or before June 01, 2015 directly from College Board, will be considered for merit list preparation and seat allotment. If the SAT Subject Test scores (total) of two or more applicants are same, the inter se merit of such applicant shall be determined as follows:
- By Marks obtained in SAT Subject Test for Maths Level 2 followed by Physics.
- In case the tie is not broken by the above consideration then the date of birth of the applicants will be compared and older applicant will be given higher merit.
DASA 2015 Information Brochure
Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) 2015-16.
Candidates who wish to seek admission through DASA 2015, must read the details of admission given in the information brochure.
DASA 2015 – Following information is for the benefit of candidates who are taking admission in an Institute
All selected Foreign nationals must obtain a valid student visa as applicable to their category issued by the Indian Missions abroad. The visa can be obtained by producing the provisional admission letter and other required documents at the Indian Missions located in their respective country.
The applicants, in their own interest, are advised to ensure that they are medically fit to pursue the prescribed course of study. The applicants would be required to submit the Medical Certificate from an Authorised Medical Practitioner in their home country or India for General Fitness. Alternatively, the applicants would be required to undergo a Medical Fitness Test at the time of reporting at concerned Institute. Please note that if the applicant is not medically fit, his / her admission is likely to be rejected.
Reporting at the Institute
Applicants who have been provisionally allotted a seat in an Institution in the first four Rounds have to report for admission in these Institutions during July 13, 2015 to July 16, 2015. Generally, the academic session at each Institute begins in the 3rd/ 4th week of July. The details regarding the documents / certificates to be submitted at the time of reporting at the Institute can be checked with respective Institutes. Applicants should submit the original marks card of the qualifying examination at the time of admission at the allotted Institute or submit within the dates specified by that Institute. Not reporting at the allotted Institute during the specified period entails cancellation of the allotted seat
Branch change requests received after all DASA 2015 admissions are over will be considered only at the end of first year as per concerned Institutes’ rules/norms for Branch Change applicable for students admitted under DASA Scheme. Applicants are advised to contact or visit the respective Institute website for the details.
Academic Regulations, Placement and Internship
Potential applicants should visit the websites of individual Institutes or directly approach the authorities of the concerned Institutes for details on Academic Regulations, Placement and opportunities for internship.
Most of the Institutes are residential and the applicants are required to reside in the campus. The hostels are generally well-equipped with amenities such as reading room, dining hall, etc. Potential applicants should visit the websites of individual Institutes or directly approach the authorities of the concerned Institutes for details of fees, residential requirements, etc.
Medium of instruction
English is the medium of instruction at all the Institutes.
Scholarship Programme for Diaspora children, for higher and technical education in India. For further details please use this link http://www.edcilindia.co.in/.
DASA contact details
Email ID: [email protected]
Phone Number: +91 141 2713164.