DASA 2015 is the Direct Admission of Students Abroad. The DASA 2015 admissions will be coordinated by MNIT Jaipur for engineering and architecture admissions of students abroad in premier Indian colleges. DASA 2015-16 is organized by Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur. The admission of Foreign Nationals/ Persons of Indian Origin/ Non-Resident Indians (FN / PIO / NRI) to undergraduate programs in Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) is being offered under DASA scheme of MHRD. Candidates living abroad who seek admission in NITs, IIITs or other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions of India need to take admission via DASA 2015. The details of application, admission, and other information are given here.
DASA 2015 Application Form will be available online from April 1, 2015. Last date to submit the form and submitting SAT subject scores is June 1, 2015.
Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) 2015
Exam scores considered for admission: SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test), conducted by College Board.
SAT Scores to be sent to Institute Code: The institute code of MNIT Jaipur for SAT score is 7664.
- Minimum SAT Score for UG Admissions is 1440.
- A total amount of US$ 3750 is required to be paid along with the application form. This is towards non-refundable registration fee of USD 250 and first semester Tuition Fee of USD 3500.
- Important details regarding procedure of admission and guidelines such as DASA 2015 eligibility criteria, seat matrix, information brochure, participating institutes and application form are given here and at official website www.dasanit.org.
DASA 2015 Quick Links, Participating Institutes and Courses
- Notification for Undergraduate Admissions
- Application Form
- Important Dates
- Participating Institutions
- Courses Offered – UG
- Information Brochure
- Cut Offs (SAT Subject Scores)
DASA Undergraduate Admissions – First Round of Seat Allotment Results announced – Please login to the Applicant Portal & check the status of allotment.
- Round 1– SAT Subject Test Score Cut off list
- First Round – Seat Allotment Status
Send SAT Subject test scores early
- Applicants should also arrange to send SAT Subject Test scores directly from College Board, USA, to Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur (Institute Code: 7664) so as to reach DASA Office, MNIT Jaipur on or before 23:59 HRS (IST) 1st June, 2015.
- The Institute Code of MNIT Jaipur is 7664.
- The best valid score in each subject will be considered for arriving at the total score which will be used for merit list preparation.
Residential Eligibility for DASA UG admissions in case of Indian Nationals
- In case of Indian Nationals, they must have completed the 11th and 12th standard or equivalent from outside India.
New Institutions in DASA 2015
- PEC Chandigarh, DTU Delhi, IIIT Delhi, SLIET Punjab, NIFFT Jharkhand are also participating in DASA 2015 apart from NITS, IIITs, SPAs.
Candidates from Nepal and Bhutan can pay in USD or Rupees
Candidates from Nepal and Bhutan can pay their fees either in US Dollars or in Equivalent Indian Rupees (if payment is made from banks in Nepal or Bhutan). However, in case of Rupee payment they are required to get Exchange Rate Certificate from the bankers and submit the same along with the application form.
Submission of 12th Marks Cards
Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination, i.e. Senior Secondary [10+2] or equivalent from any system of education as recognized by the Association of Indian Universities with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and any one of these as optional subjects( Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th AND / OR 12th , as applicable in the respective boards.
Online Admission Portal
Online Admission Portal for undergraduate programs will be launched on April 01, 2015.
Preparation of Merit List
A merit list of all the eligible applicants would be drawn on the basis of total SAT Subject Test scores only. Only those applicants whose valid SAT Subject Test scores have been received by MNIT Jaipur, on or before June 01, 2015 directly from College Board, will be considered for merit list preparation and seat allotment. If the SAT Subject Test scores (total) of two or more applicants are same, the inter se merit of such applicant shall be determined as follows:
- By Marks obtained in SAT Subject Test for Maths Level 2 followed by Physics.
- In case the tie is not broken by the above consideration then the date of birth of the applicants will be compared and older applicant will be given higher merit.
All selected Foreign nationals must obtain a valid student visa as applicable to their category issued by the Indian Missions abroad. The visa can be obtained by producing the provisional admission letter and other required documents at the Indian Missions located in their respective country.
DASA contact details
Email ID: [email protected]
Phone Number: +91 141 2713164.