DNB CET July 2014 Centeralized Merit Based Counselling
ELIGIBILITY FOR COUNSELING: Candidates who qualify the Centralized Entrance Test (CET) to be conducted by NBE in June 2014 and fulfill the eligibility criteria for admission to DNB (Post MBBS) courses (July 2014 admission session) at various NBE accredited Medical Colleges/ Institutions/Hospitals in India shall participate in the counseling for allocation of seats on merit cum choice basis.
- Candidate pursuing any other post graduate medical course can join a DNB (Post MBBS) seat only after they resign from such course. Seat allotment letter to such candidates shall be issued by NBE (within the calendar of admission) only if the candidates has been relieved and discharged from the institution/University from where they are undergoing such post graduate medical course.
- Ineligibility, if detected at any stage, NBE reserves its rights to take necessary actions as deemed fit including but not limited to cancellation of admission to DNB course and to debar the candidate from taking any further examinations conducted by NBE.
- Candidates absent in the first round of counseling shall not be eligible for participation in subsequent round(s) of counseling.
- Candidates appearing for counseling can either opt for a confirmed seat or exercise their option for participation in further round of counseling.
- Candidates opting for a confirmed seat are NOT eligible for participation in subsequent round(s) of counseling irrespective of their joining/nonjoining/ resignation from the seat already opted for.
SCHEDULE FOR COUNSELING: The schedule of CET-Centralized counseling shall be made available on NBE website www.natboard.edu.in
Merit list of eligible candidates shall be notified on NBE website www.natboard.edu.in.
Eligible candidates will be able to download their Rank letter for participation from NBE website after the merit list is notified.
AVAILABILITY OF SEATS: The indicative seat matrix for DNB (Post MBBS) seats is available in the information bulletin and shall also be uploaded on NBE website. Final Seat matrix shall be displayed at the counseling venue before counseling.
Reserved seats will be allotted to the candidates of concerned category only. Candidates of reserved category can opt for either reserved seats earmarked for them or unreserved seats in order of their merit. Candidates may note that reservation status of DNB seats at a particular institution/medical college is provided by the respective institution only based on the roster maintained by the concerned institution. NBE does not own, possess or fund any seat as such.
The counseling shall be done purely on the basis of the CETMerit Position. In the event of two or more candidates obtaining same CET marks, the Tie breaker criteria are mentioned under clause 12.4 of the DNB CET July 2014 information bulletin.
Candidates are required to deposit a counseling fee of Rs. 2500/- through demand draft in favour of National Board of Examinations, payable at New Delhi, on the day of counseling at counseling venue itself.
LIST OF PRESCRIBED DOCUMENTS
Candidates have to bring the following documents IN ORIGINAL. Candidates are required to bring self-certified photocopies of the documents mentioned at S.No. (c) to
Self Certified photocopies have to be submitted to NBE at the time of documents verification:
- Rank Letter downloaded from NBE website www.natboard.edu.in
- DNB-CET Pass Certificate ( June 2014) downloaded from NBE website www.natboard.edu.in
- Attempt certificate of MBBS qualification. (In case of tie of merit position)
- MBBS Degree certificate/ Provisional Pass Certificate*
- Permanent Registration certificate issued by MCI/State Medical Council for registration of MBBS qualification.
- Proof of MBBS qualification being recognized as per IMC Act/Central Govt.
- Internship Completion Certificate (Internship completion date must be an at before 31st July 2014)
- Matriculation/High School/Higher Secondary Certificate as a proof of Date of Birth.
- SC/ST/PWD/OBC certificate issued by competent authority, if applicable.
- Caste certificate must be issued by competent authority. The sub-caste should tally with the central Govt. list.
- Any document (Bonafide certificate/Mark sheet/Attempt Certificate etc issued by concerned institution/medical college) confirming the name of the institution/medical college from where the MBBS qualification was pursued.
- Any other relevant certificate or document.
In addition, candidates are also required to bring self certified photocopies of the documents mentioned at Sl.No. iii to xi along with their original. Self certified photocopies have to be submitted to NBE at the time of documents verification:
*Provisional certificate of passingMBBSQualification is permissible only for those candidates who had passed theMBBSQualification in the year 2013.
If the candidate has passed MBBS qualification before 2013 and the MBBS degree certificate has not been issued to him/her so far by the concerned university/Board, documentary evidence to this effect in form of a letter from competent authority of respective university/Board is to be furnished at the time of counseling.
Candidates without original documents will not be allowed to appear/participate in Centralized Counseling by NBE under any circumstances.
Seat Allotment letter will be issued to the candidate opting for a confirmed seat on the same day of counseling subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria.
JOINING OF THE COURSE: Each candidate shall be given a prescribed time from the date of issuance of the seat allotment letter to report and join the allotted NBE accredited Medical college/Institution/Hospital. Joining means deposition of the prescribed fee by the candidate at the accredited hospital/institute and resuming his/her duties as DNB trainee.
- Candidate has to begin his/her DNB (Post MBBS) training within the prescribed time only. Candidate is required to submit their joining report to NBE in the prescribed format.
- The allotment made will be firm and final. Change of Institute/college from one place to another is not permitted under any circumstances. Requests for the same shall not be entertained by the NBE after the allotment of seats.
- Joining of a candidate to a NBE accredited institute through Centralized Merit Based Counseling is subject to medical fitness of the candidate by the hospital/institution.
- The medical examination of the candidate shall be done by the Medical Board of the concerned NBE accredited institute. Candidate found fit in the medical examination shall only be allowed to join the DNB course.
- All disputes pertaining to conduct of COUNSELING by the NBE and allocation of seats in various specialties and colleges/institutions by the NBE shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of competent courts at Delhi/New Delhi only.
PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION WITH NBE FOR DNB COURSE:
Candidates are required to furnish following documents to NBE within one month of joining DNB training in order to get registered for DNB course:
- A duly completed application form for July 2014 admission session.
- A registration fee of Rs 5000/- (for 3 years course) or Rs. 10,000/- (for direct 6 years course) is to be deposited through challan/Pay-in-slip at any of the Indian Bank branch across India. NBE copy of this challan needs to be enclosed with the registration form.
- Annexure – A ( DNB CET July 2014)
Registration letter can be downloaded from NBE website.
In an unlikely event of an ineligible candidate getting admission to DNB course,NBE reserves its right to revoke his/her admission from DNBcourse.