DNB CET Super Specialty January 2015
DNB CET SS 2015 is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination for entry to various Super Specialty courses.
DNB CET SS is an entrance examination and is an essential pre-requisite for entry to post MD/MS/DNB 3-year Super Specialty courses. The next session of entrance examination shall be held on 9th December 2014 and conducted as computer-based test only.
- Purpose of Examination: Ranking Examination for admission to DNB (Super Specialty) courses
- Periodicity: Once a year
- Pattern of examination: MCQ based with single correct response
- Mode of conduct: Computer based
- Criteria for passing the examination: Ranking Examination
- Seat Allotment: Group Specific Merit Based Counseling conducted by NBE
Overview of Medical Genetics
The programme of DNB-Medical Genetics is for medical post graduates who wish to pursue a career in Medical Genetics. The program is designed to give physicians a working knowledge of the principles and practice of medical genetics. They will learn ethical principles as applied to genetic services and practice and will be provided hands on training in modern genetic technologies along with knowledge of principles of epidemiology and statistics as applied to genetic research.
Entry Qualifications: Candidates who are in possession of a a post graduate degree/qualification (MD/DNB) in the field of Pediatrics, General Medicine or Obstetrics & Gynaecology are eligible for admission to the programme.
Institutes: The programme shall be available at the following institutes*:
- Sir Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi
- National Institute of Biomedical Genomics, Kolkata
- Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD), Hyderabad
The programme is being implemented in collaboration with Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India. The candidates enrolled for this programme shall be paid a fixed stipend of Rs. 60,000 per month at each of the three institutions.
DNB CET SS Jan 2015 Exam Quick Links
- Application Form
- Admit Card
- Centralized Merit Based Counselling
- Performa Certificates
Candidates should go through the bulletin carefully for eligibility criteria, scheme, pattern of examination etc before contacting the NBE for any queries. Queries pertaining to eligibility and other issues will only be entertained if the information requested is not given in bulletin or on website www.natboard.edu.in
For queries if any, please ask in the comments below.
DNB CET SS Jan 2015 Exam Important Information
DNB CET SS Jan 2015 – Scheme of Examination
The question paper shall comprise of 180 multiple choice questions (MCQs) with single correct response to be attempted by candidate in 3 hrs. The questions shall be of the level of Post Graduate Exit Examination. The questions shall cover topics from Applied basic sciences, clinical practice and Recent advances.
Question Paper :
- Medical Specialties – 180 questions
- Surgical Specialties – 180questions
- Pediatric Specialties (For Neonatology) – 180 questions
- For Medical Genetics – Eligible candidates from (a) and (c) above shall in addition undertake 30 MCQ paper in Medical Genetics.
Merit list shall be as follows:
- Pediatrics /Neonatology
- Medical Genetics combined-Medical /Pediatrics /Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Candidates successful in the CET-SS shall be asked to participate in a Centralized merit based counseling conducted by National Board of Examinations for allotment of DNB seats at NBE accredited Institutions/ hospitals/medical colleges in order of their merit and candidate shall be able to opt for the NBE accredited institution/hospital/medical college of their choice as per availability at their merit.
The provisional list of National Board of Examinations accredited institutes where candidates can pursue DNB is available at NBE website www.natboard.edu.in and also placed at Annexure-C of this Bulletin.
The examination shall be a multiple choice questions test delivered using computer network as per scheme prescribed.
Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking.
DNB CET SS Syllabus: As per the curriculum of the concerned specialty i.e. MD/DNB in Medicine for Medical Super Specialty; MS/DNB in Surgery for Surgical Group; MD/DNB in Pediatrics for Neonatology group.
DNB CET SS Jan 2015 – Test Day Procedure
- After verification of ID and biometrics, candidates will be escorted to the designated computer terminal at the examination centre, a Test Centre Administrator (TCA) will check in the candidate.
- Candidates are required to keep their admit card and photo identification at all times during the conduct of examination.
- Pencils, eraser and rough paper will be distributed to each candidate. No need to bring stationary /writing material to exam centre.
- Candidates are required to listen to the TCA’s instructions to begin the test.
- During the test, candidate may use the rough paper to do the rough work.
- Each workstation will be blocked on three sides – front, left and right. Candidates are advised not to look around at other candidates as there will be surveillance cameras that record both audio and video.
- Any suspicious or disruptive behavior on part of the candidate may lead to cancellation of candidature.
- For any issues during the test, candidate may raise his or her hand to notify TCA/Invigilator.
- In case of any disruption, rest assured that a registered candidate will get to test again within the testing/examination window.
- All rough paper must be returned to the TCA after the test. Any attempt to take the rough papers out of the test centre will be considered disruptive behavior and liable for disqualification.