DPU All India Common Entrance Test (AICET) for MBBS & BDS Admission 2014
|Form Fee||:||Rs. 500/- (Add Rs. 100/-, if required by post) D D in favour“The Registrar, Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth”, Payable at Pune|
|Last date for submitting the application form toDr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth , Pimpri, Pune for All India Common Entrance Test-2014 (AICET-2014 )||:||
|Places where the AICET-14 will be held||:||Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hyderabad, Indore, Kolkatta, Lucknow, New Delhi, Mumbai, Nagpur, and Pune.|
|Dispatch of admit cards to candidates who are considered provisionally Eligible for AICET-2014||:||Two weeks before the day of AICET-2014|
|Issue of duplicate admit card.
Duplicate admit cards will be issue to the candidates who have not received admit cards.
|:||These will be available at AICET Centers, between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on the previous day of the Test or between 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. on the day of AICET-2014 .|
|Date & Time of AICET-2014||:||Saturday: 24/05/2014
From 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
|Declaration of results||:||Will be notified on the Vidyapeeth website|
|Schedule of Counseling
|:||Will be notified on the Vidyapeeth Website.
The shortlisted candidates shall be called for counseling batch wise.
|Venue of admission sessions||:||Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pimpri, Pune-411018.|
|College to Open on||:||01/08/2014 (Friday)|
|MBBS – Fee Structure||:||
|BDS – Fee Structure||:||
DPU AICET 2014 Quick Links
DPU AICET 2014 Other Important Information
Only the candidate, who satisfies or is likely to satisfy the following eligibility requirements for admission to the courses shall be considered eligible to appear for the AICET-2014.
Nationality and Age: The candidate, seeking to appear at the AICET-2014 shall be an Indian national and shall have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2014, i.e. he/she should have been born before 1st January 1998.
Qualifications for M.B.B.S./B.D.S.
- The candidate, seeking admission to these programmes, shall have passed the Higher Secondary Certificate (H.S.C.) examination / the Indian School Certificate (ISC) examination / Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) examination or any other examination equivalent to 10+2 HSC examination of any recognized Board / University from any school / college situated in India after 12 years of study. The candidate with other qualifications shall have to get equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian University (AIU), New Delhi.
- The candidate, seeking admission to these programmes, shall have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have obtained at least 50 percent marks (40 percent marks in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled castes / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Class) in Physics Chemistry and Biology taken together in the qualifying examination, i.e. 10 + 2 / HSC or an equivalent examination.
- A candidate who has appeared or is likely to appear for qualifying examination i.e. HSC etc., and whose results have not been declared at the time of AICET- 2014 shall also be considered eligible to appear for AICET-2014, provided he/she has offered the above mentioned subjects at the said qualifying examination(s).
- The candidate seeking admission for the programmes shall also have secured at least 50 percent marks (100 out of 200 marks) at the AICET-2014.
Eligibility for NRI / PIO / FN: A candidate in any of these categories shall have completed 17 years of age on or before 31stDecember 2014 (i.e. having born before 1st Jan. 1998.) He / She must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English at the CBSE, ISC, HSC or an equivalent examination. In the case of a student from any school that follows the American system of education, the candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology at ‘AP’ (Advanced Placement) level and must have minimum ‘C ‘grade in these subjects. In the case of students passing Cambridge International Examination (CIE) the candidate should have passed Physics, Chemistry and Biology at “Advanced” level along with English at “Advanced Subsidiary” (AS) level.
- The Vidyapeeth shall prepare a merit list of the candidates who have appeared for AICET-2014, in accordance with the total marks obtained by them in Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology taken together. The candidates shall be called for admission as per their ranking in this list.
- Names of only those candidates who have obtained 50 percent or more marks (100 or more out of 200) in AICET- 14 shall be included in the merit list. This list will be displayed on the notice board and on the Vidyapeeth website: www.dpu.edu.in. However, The qualified candidates as stated in schedule of admission in the merit list will be called for counseling and on-the-spot admission session. There shall be no verification of marks or reassessment of papers of AICET – 2014.
- Tie-breaker In case more than one candidate have obtained equal marks at the AICET-2014, the following procedure shall be adopted for deciding inter-se merit:
First level :A candidate with higher marks in Biology at the AICET-2014 shall be preferred. If the tie still persists,
Second level :A candidate with higher marks in Chemistry at the AICET-2014 shall be preferred. If the tie still persists,
Third level : A candidate with higher percentage of aggregate marks at the HSC (or equivalent) examination shall be preferred. If the tie still persists,
Fourth level : A candidate with higher percentage of aggregate marks at SSC examination shall be preferred.