Candidates interested in seeking Admission to the undergraduate, postgraduate and other courses in the Delhi University are required to fill the DU Admission Forms 2016. Candidates can fill DU Application Form 2016 online or offline (if applicable for specific course). Procedure for filling DU Admission Form 2016 for all categories (General / OBC / SC / ST / PwD) is same.
Delhi University has divided its admission process in different portals for different type of admissions: UG Admission Portal; UG Entrance Based, PG Admission & M.Phil/ Ph.D Admission
There is a common Web Portal for the centralized registration of candidates and a common registration form for UG (Merit Based), UG (Entrance Based), PG and M.Phil / Ph.D admission to the listed Courses in the University. Online registration details are available on the respective DU Admission Portal.
|Event||UG (Merit)||UG / Mphil / Ph.D||PG Courses|
|Start date for online Registration||01 Jun 2016||13 May 2016||28 Apr 2016|
|Closing date for online Registration||22 Jun 2016||31 May 2016||24 May 2016|
Notified on 05 Jun 2016 – The University of Delhi is glad to announce that several constituent Colleges of the University have stepped in to assist admission seekers with limited resources for online registration for admission to the Undergraduate courses based on merit 2016-17. Applicants may visit the listed colleges for getting assistance with the ongoing undergraduate admission process Click here to check the list of colleges for registration assistance.
DU Admission Forms 2016
As a first time user, candidate shall create the login details by clicking on the “Register Here” under the “New User?” option on DU Application Form 2016. In the “Login details”, candidate shall provide the email-id, which would be used for any future communication with the University for admission purpose.
Candidate shall then create a password (of maximum six characters) for online registration purpose. This password does not need to be same as candidate’s email account password, which is used to access one‟s email account. Candidate shall also provide a valid mobile phone number (10 digit number without any prefix). Applicant’s details (as given in candidate‟s certificates) should also be furnished.
Please verify that all the details given in the form are correct. This information will be used during the entire admission process. No change/modification is allowed. Please be careful in filling up the required information in all aspects.
On completion of this Delhi University Admission Form Process a verification email will be sent on candidate‟s email account with a confirmation link, which a candidate shall have to click to confirm the registration.
For UG (Merit Based) Courses applicants must keep these documents ready before filling online Application Form.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant. The specification of the passport size photo is same as that used in the Indian Passport.
- Scanned signature of the applicant
- Self attested copy of Class X Board Certificate (for the date of birth)
- Self attested Class XII Marks-Sheet, if result is announced. (In case Mark-Sheet is not issued by the Board then the self attested copy of the Mark-Sheet downloaded from the respective boards’ website should be uploaded).
- Self attested copy of SC/ST/OBC/PwD/KM/CW Certificate, if applicable.
- Self attested copy of income certificate (for OBC non-creamy layer) Certificate, if applicable.
- Self attested copy of Sport Certificate(s) for last three years, if applicable.
- Self attested copy of Extra Curricular Activities Certificate(s), if applicable.
Application Fee (for merit based UG admission)
Delhi University Application Fee for UG Admission (merit based) is given below. Registration fee has to be paid during online registration process through any one of the available online payment options.
- For Unreserved, OBC : Rs. 100/-
- For SC / ST / PwD : Rs. 50/-
- For Sports / ECA : Rs. 100/- (Additional)
Registration Fee is Non-Refundable.
Candidate‟s application submission process shall be completed only after payment of the online registration fee.
DU Application Form 2016 for UG Courses (Merit Based)
All the candidates seeking admission to the undergraduate (UG) courses, where the admission is based on merit, are required to register online. Undergraduate courses are offered by the University through its affiliated colleges in three major streams of studies namely Arts / Humanities, Commerce and Science.
- Application process is over…!!!
Step by Step Instructions to Fill Delhi University Online Application Form (Entrance Based)
Fields marked with * are mandatory fields.
STEP 1: Registration for Admissions 2016 with your Email
- Click on “Register”.
- Email – Enter your active Email address.
- Confirm Email – Re-Enter your Email address, which you have entered above.
- Password – Create a password for ADMISSION 2016.
- Confirm Password – Re-Enter the password, which you have entered above.
- Mobile – Enter your 10 digit mobile number.
- First Name* -Enter your First name in the space provided. The name should be the same as mentioned in Class X/XII/School leaving certificate. First name is mandatory.
- Middle Name – Enter your Middle Name (if Applicable) in the space provided. The name should be the same as mentioned in Class X/XII/School leaving certificate.
- Last Name – Enter your Last Name (if Applicable) in the space provided. The name should be the same as mentioned in Class X/XII/School leaving certificate.
- Category* – Select the category from the drop-down list.
- Gender* – Select the appropriate gender from the drop-down list.
- Date of Birth* – Click on the box provided and you can select the date, month and year of your birth from the calendar.
- Age (As on 01-05-2016) – Automatically calculated when you fill the Date of Birth.
- Nationality* – Select appropriate Nationality from the drop-down list
- Mother/Father/Guardian’s Name* – Enter your Mother/Father/Guardian’s Name .
- University Last Attended* – Please select the university from where you have completed or are pursuing the qualifying degree (if applicable).
- Click on “Register” button.
Please note that above information will be used during the entire admission process, no changes/modifications will be possible in any circumstances. Please be careful in filling up the required information in all aspects.
After successful submission of the Registration form, a verification link will be sent to the email address you had used to register. Please check your INBOX and follow the instructions therein to complete your registration. Please check SPAM/BULK folder in case you do not find it in your INBOX. After successful verification you can apply for Under Graduate Admissions 2016 (Only Entrance Based). If you did not receive verification link after registration, Please click on “Resend Verification Link” option, provided on the Login window, to get the verification link on the email address you had used to register.If you forget your password, you can reset it by clicking on “Reset Password” option provided on the Login window.
STEP 2: Personal Profile and Uploads
- Upload Your Photograph*
- Upload Your Signature*
- ID Proof** – Select the ID proof, you wish to upload, from the drop-down list.
- Identity Proof Number* – Enter the number of the ID Proof selected in previous field.
- Upload Identity Proof*
- Upload Class 10th Certificate*
- Upload Your Caste Certificate*
Postal Address (if applicable)
- Address Line 1* – Type in your house number, locality etc. in the address line 1.
- Address Line 2* – Type in your locality etc. in the address line 2.
- City/District – Enter the name of your City/District.
- Country* – Select your country from drop-down list. If your country is not in list, choose “Other”(Last in the drop-down list) and enter the name of your country in the box provided next.
- State/Union Territory* – Select the state/union-territory from drop-down list. If state/union-territory is not in list, choose “Other”(Last in the drop-down list) and enter the name of your
- state/union-territory in the box provided next.
- Pincode* – Enetr the pincode number.
- Passport – Select “Yes” from drop-down list if you have a passport. Select “No” otherwise.
- Passport Number – Candidates who have a Passport must enter their passport number. This field is optional. Foreign students must provide their passport number.
Step 3. Filling Application Form
Once you have login to ADMISSION 2016, You will be having your personalised dashboard. For Application form, Click on “Apply Now” Button which is on the left hand side of the screen.
Applicants Details and Educational Details are to be entered as per requirement for specific course. You may also be asked additional information.
Declaration: You are required to give declaration before Submitting the form.
Step 4. Registration Fee
- Click on the button “Click to Make Payment”.
- Select Payment Gateway.
- Pay your application fee.
Candidates who do not have Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking can use Wallet. For more information Click Here
Please note that you will not be allowed to Update/Modify the application form in any circumstances once you have paid the registration fee. The fee is non refundable.
Step 5. Download Application Form
Click on the button “Print Form” to view your submitted form with form number and Qrcode.
Note:- Please note that tampered/altered application form will not be accepted/entertained by the department/university.
DU Application Form 2016 for UG Courses (Entrance Based)
All the candidates seeking admission to the undergraduate (UG) courses, where the admission is based only on entrance exam, are required to register online. The Undergraduate courses to which an applicant can apply through this online registration are as follows.
- Faculty of Applied Social Sciences and Humanities – Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS); B.A (Hons) Business Economics Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
- Cluster Innovation Centre – B.Tech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations); B.A (Hons) Humanities and Social Sciences; Bachelors of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education and Sports Sciences – Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports: B.Sc. (P.E.,H.E. & S.)
- Indraprastha College for Women – B.A (Hons) Multimedia and Mass Communication
The admission to the UG courses mentioned in this Bulletin is done through two tier process, which comprises of the written test followed by the Interview/Group Discussion of the short-listed candidates.
Application Form Link
DU Application Form 2016 for PG Courses
University of Delhi PG Admissions Online registration for admission to various Post-graduate / Master’s Courses under different Faculties / Departments is open as per the schedule.
Application Form Link
- Click Here for Delhi University PG Application Form 2016.
The admission seekers to the Post-graduate courses will be able to access all necessary documents and information like admit card, centre allocation, entrance results, venue of group discussion and interviews, if any, electronically through online medium.
DU Application Form 2016 for M.Phil / Ph.D Courses
University of Delhi PG Admissions Online registration for admission to M.Phil & Ph.D Courses under different Faculties / Departments is open as per the schedule.
Application Form Link
Frequently Asked Questions for Entrance Exam Based Application Forms
Is the online registration mandatory for all the candidates applying for the Under Graduate Admissions 2016 (Only Entrance Based) ?
YES, online registration is mandatory for ALL the candidates applying for the Under Graduate Admissions 2016 (Only Entrance Based) portal.
I would like to change my “Applicant’s details”, which I filled during the “New User registration”. Can I do that?
NO, you cannot change that information later on. Be careful in filling the information.
I would like to change my Centre of Entrance Examination after completing the online registration form. Is it possible?
NO, candidate shall choose any one of the six cities for appearing in the entrance examination through the online registration. After completion of the online registration, the chosen Centre will not be changed.
Can I submit the fee through any other method, like demand draft etc?
NO, the registration fee is accepted only through the Online payment options available in the registration portal.
My internet got disconnected while filling the form. What should I do?
When you get the internet connection, login again with your credentials and fill the information again.
Can I correct my mistake in the registration/application form?
NO modifications in the form are allowed once fee payment is made. Before making the online payment, you can edit your application form.
I have uploaded the wrong Photo/ID Proof/ Signature/DOB Certificate/Caste Certificate. Can I change it?
NO. Photo/ID Proof/ Signature/DOB Certificate/Caste Certificate once uploaded can not be changed.
How can I apply in multiple courses? Do I need to make payment for other courses separately?
After completing your application for one course, you can apply in another course using “Apply in New Course” button on your home area. You need to pay registration fee separately for each of the applied courses.
Do I need to send Hard Copy of the form?
No, You don’t have to send Hard Copy of the form anywhere, if required you will be notified.