DU BMS CET 2014
The entrance exam DU BMS CET 2014 is conducted for admission to Bachelor of Management Studies programme in Delhi University. The University of Delhi has announced the schedule for admission to the Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) course for 2014-2015. The online applications will have to be made between 7th to 18th June, 2014 and the entrance test will be held on Thursday, the 26th June 2014 from 3 PM to 5 PM. The result will be declared on Friday, the 4th July 2014 at 5 PM. For online application and detailed admission procedures and eligibility conditions, please read the details carefully given here.
DU BMS CET 2014 EXAM DATE: 26.06.2014 ; 3 PM to 5 PM
DU BMS CET 2014 ELIGIBILITY
- The candidate should have passed/appeared in Senior Secondary School Examination of CBSE or any other examination considered equivalent by the University of Delhi.
- The candidate should have appeared and secured pass marks in English and three subjects from among the following: Accountancy, Agriculture, Biology, Biotechnology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Commerce, Computer Science, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Geography, History, Informatics Practices, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology and Sociology.
- The average marks scored in the four subjects mentioned above for the different categories should be as follows:
Percentage of marks required for different categories in class XII are as follows
|at least 60%||at least 54%||at least 55%||at least 50%|
DU BMS CET 2014 Quick Links
DU BMS CET 2014 EXAM PATTERN
The written test is designed to evaluate the aptitude of the candidates to pursue a Bachelor of Management Studies. There is no prescribed syllabus or format for the entrance test.
|General Awareness||25 Questions|
|General English||25 Questions|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||25 Questions|
|Quantitative Aptitude||25 Questions|
|Marks for correct answer||+3|
The candidate will be required to attempt 100 questions in 120 minutes. The answers are to be marked by blue or black ball point pen on a separate answer sheet (OMR) provided during the entrance test.
There will be negative marking for wrong answers. Marking of multiple answers for one question shall be treated as wrong answer. The test shall be of two hours duration, extra time will be given to the candidate for filling up details on test booklet and answer sheet, marking attendance, verification of candidates’ documents, distribution, and collection of test material etc.
The exam was conducted for the first time in 2013. The above pattern is given as per analysis of the exam.
- OBC category candidates shall be given a relaxation in the minimum eligibility in the qualifying examination to the extent of 10% of the minimum eligibility marks prescribed by the General Category candidates. For example, as the minimum eligibility for admission to the course is 60% for the General Category candidates, the minimum eligibility for the OBCs would be 54% i.e. (60% less 10% of 60%). All those candidates who meet the minimum eligibility marks in the qualifying examination and the minimum eligibility marks in the common entrance test shall be eligible for admission in the order of their merit, keeping in view the availability of seats reserved for them.
- Three percent (3%) seats are reserved for person with disability (PWD) i.e., with not less than 40% disabilities. The PWD candidate shall be given a relaxation in the minimum eligibility in the qualifying examinations to the extent of 5%. Candidates with physical disabilities who are able to secure admissions on account of their overall score in the general category will not be counted in the 3% quota for Persons with Disabilities. The 3% reservation will be allocated as follows: 1% for persons with low vision or blindness; 1% for hearing impaired; 1% for those with locomotor disabilities and/or cerebral palsy. However, if sufficient candidates are not available in a sub-category, then candidates from other sub-categories would be considered in their place.
- Five percent (5%) seats are reserved for Children/Widows of the eligible Armed Forces Personnel (CW Category). A relaxation in minimum eligibility to the extent of 5% shall be given in the qualifying examination for CW Category applicants.
COLLEGES UNDER UNIVERSITY OF DELHI OFFERING BMS
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS)
- Bhim Rao Ambedkar College
- College of Vocational Studies
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies
- Maharaja Agrasen College
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya
DU BMS CET 2014 Official Website: http://www.du.ac.in/
DU BMS CET 2014 Applicant Stats – Total final applicants are 25357.
Schedule of the admission process for Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) course 2014-2015
|07 June, 2014||18 June,2014||Saturday||Wednesday||Online Application|
|20 June, 2014||22 June,2014||Friday||Sunday||Online Admit cards through e-mails|
|26 June, 2014||Thursday (3.00P.M. to 5.00PM.)||Entrance test (Exam Centers in Delhi Only)|
|04 July, 2014||Friday (5.00 P.M.)||Result Declaration/ display of the final list of the candidates selected for first counseling.|
|06 July,2014||Sunday (10:00 A.M. Onwards)||First counseling *|
|07 July,2014||08 July,2014||Monday||Tuesday||Admission at respective colleges**|
|(10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.)|
|08 July, 2014||Tuesday (5.00 P.M.)||Display of Status of Vacant seats, if any|
|10 July, 2014||Thursday (10:00 A.M. Onwards)||Second counseling (if required)*|
|11 July,2014||12 July, 2014||Friday||Saturday||Admission at respective colleges**|
|12 July, 2014||Saturday (5.00P.M.)||Display of Status of Vacant Seats, if any|
|13 July, 2014||Sunday (10:00 A.M. Onwards)||Third Counseling (if required)*|
|14 July,2014||15 July,2014||Monday(10.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M.)||Tuesday(10.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M.)||Admission at respective colleges**|
|15 July, 2014||Tuesday (5.00 P.M.)||Display of Status of Vacant seats, if any|
|17 July, 2014||Thursday (10: 00 A.M.)||Fourth Counseling ( if required )|
|18 July,2014||19 July,2014||Friday(10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.)||Saturday(10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.)||Admission at respective colleges|
|21 July, 2 014||Monday||Commencement of course|
* Venue for counseling for BMS admissions: Conference Centre, North Campus, University of Delhi. (Opposite Botany Department)
** Verification and submission of relevant original documents and payment of fees.
If you have any queries, please ask in comments below.