DU CIE B.Ed. Admission 2014 Application Form
Apply online for admission to CIE DU B.Ed Admission. Application Forms for B.Ed. Programme are available from March 20, 2014 to April 18, 2014.
|Category||Entrance test Fee (in INR )|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||450/-|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||250/-|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||250/-|
|Students with Physical Disability (PD)||250/-|
|Children/Widows of Armed Personnel (C/WAP)||250/-|
|Foreign Students||Not Applicable*|
How can a candidate obtain the application form?
There is no need to obtain a printed form. You can go to the link to open the form, fill it with requisite information and submit it online with necessary documents.
- Last date to apply online is over…
This is to intimate one and all that April 04, 2014 onwards, NO application regarding corrections/modifications will be entertained by this department, where the mistake has been made at the level of the applicant/candidate, while filling up the online application form for B.Ed. Admission 2014.
Please feel free to submit all other queries , if and only if the information is not available on the websites/notice boards, in writing through email to [email protected] or [email protected] or speed post or Dispatch and Receipt Counter (Room No. 4 of this department) to —
B.Ed. Admission Committee 2014 Department of Education
University of Delhi, Delhi —110007
This year DU is not accepting the Bank Draft for B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2014. The fee can be submitted through online mode only.
DU CIE B.Ed. Admission 2014 Application Form Instructions
As per instructions from Dean (Education), the candidates with B.Sc. Home Science (Pass/Hons.) must apply only at Lady Irwin College for B.Ed. Entrance Examination 2014-15.
The candidate applying for B.Ed. is required:
- To go through the B.Ed. Prospectus available at www. cie.du.ac.in carefully and acquaint with the entire requirement therein.
- To satisfy eligibility to appear in the entrance test.
- Before submission of application form decide the mode of payment of fees.
- If a candidate submits more than one form, his/her candidature shall be liable to be Cancelled. No communication will be sent in this regards.
After you click ‘apply online’ you will be getting following options.
- Post Graduates Apply Here
- Graduates with General/Pass course Apply Here
- Graduates with Hons. Course Apply Here
Choose the appropriate option from the above. After clicking the selected option an application form will open.
The application form has Six (6) sections: personal information, educational information, choice details, file uploads, payment details and Security Code and Undertaking.
1. Personal Information
(a) First name is mandatory. If you have mid /last name (surname) then mention them. For example:
- if the candidate’s name is Rakesh Kumar Upadhyay, Rakesh is the first name, Kumar is middle name and Upadhyay will be the last name.
- if the candidate’s name is Rakesh Kumar, then Rakesh is the first name, Kumar will be the last name.
- if the candidate’s name is Rakesh, then first box will be filled with Rakesh
- if the candidate’s name is Mohammad Usman or Md. Usman, first box will be filled with Mohammad or Md. whereas third box will be filled with Usman.
(b) Candidate should fill his/her name, Mother’s name, Father’s name in CAPITAL letters. Don’t use Sri /Mr./ Smt. before the name of your father and mother. Before filling in the online, write on a plain paper and verify the correctness of spellings.
(c) Mention Date of Birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board (Class X ) Certificate.
(d) Mentioning you Email address is compulsory. Please mention your Email ID, since every communication (acknowledgement slip/ admit card etc.) will be made to you through e-mail only.
(e) Don’t use +91 before your mobile number. Candidates belonging to Delhi should mention their ten digit mobile number and others should prefix 0 before their mobile number.
(f) Mention permanent address in the boxes meant for address.
(g) If you do not belong to any of categories (C/WAP, OVD and VD), then please select NONE in category two.
2. Educational information
(a) Aggregate marks would mean the percent of total marks obtained divided by the total maximum marks for all the subject that one has studied in the Under-graduate or Post-graduate course. Please mention aggregate marks up to two digits after decimal.
(b) Relaxation up to 5% in the qualifying degree in the minimum Educational Qualification is allowed for the candidates belonging to reserved categories, such as SC/ST/C-WAP/OVD and VD.
3. Choice details
(a) Choice details section will be specific to the form selected (post-graduates or graduates with pass/general course or graduates with Honors). This section requires you to indicate choice of teaching subjects that you need to teach in the school and this depends on subjects you have studied in the graduate/post-graduate degree. This choice is also depends on the subject you have studied with a requisite maximum marks.
- I. Graduates with pass/general course would have studied two subjects in all the three years of the course. Those 2 subjects whose total maximum marks of all the three years of study together are equal to or more than 200 marks will be the choice of 2 subjects.
- II. Graduates with Honors degree would have studied one major subject during the three years of study. Total maximum marks in that subject of all the three years of study need to be 400 or more to become eligible. That subject will be the choice of subject of teaching in the school. The second school teaching subject to be taught in the school will be decided by the admission committee.
- III. For Post-graduates, the choice of subject will be the subjected in the post-graduation. The choice of second subject will also be the subject studied in the Post-graduations. If a candidate wants to choose a different subject as the second subject, this second subject would have been studied at Under-graduate level whose total maximum marks are equal to or more than 200 marks.
- 4. Files upload
(a) Scan your recent and clear passport size photograph (B/W or color) and save it in JPG format. (The size of soft copy of scanned photograph should be less than 50 kb). To upload the photo Click “choose file” Button right to the photograph field. Select the Scanned file from saved location and click “Open” Button.
(b) A scanned signature needs to be uploaded. Put your signature in an area of 2″ X 1″ on paper with a black ball point pen. Scan that paper. Cut Signature area of 2″ X 1″ and save it in JPG format. (The size of soft copy of scanned signature should be less than 50 kb). To upload the signature Click “choose file” Button right to the signature field. Select the Scanned file from saved location and click “Open” Button.
(c) In Category One box if you select other than General, then you have to upload a soft copy of relevant category certificate (preferably in PDF or JPG format and size of soft copy should be less than 200 kb)
(d) Category Two shows options such as Children or Widows of Armed Personnel (C/WAP), visually disabled (VD), other than visually disabled (OVD). If you are not falling in any of categories (C/WAP, OVD and VD), then please select NONE in Category Two, otherwise you have to upload soft copy of relevant category certificate (preferably in PDF or JPG format and size of soft copy should be less than 200 kb).
5. Payment Information
Payment of Entrance Test Fee can be made by Payment Gateway.
(a) Payment Gateway is a mechanism where a candidate can use a credit card or a debit card (ATM) for making the payment. This option can be exercised before filling the online application. When payment is made through gateway a transaction number is given by the Bank. Candidate need to indicate this number on application forms.
(b) Challan mode of payment involves downloading the Challan after filling the online application. The Challan has two parts. When candidate takes this Challan to any branch of State Bank of India and presents the Challan at the cash window your application details appear on the screen of the cashier. When requisite amount is paid candidate receives one part of the Challan as an evidence of payment, on which the transaction number is written by the cashier
6. Security Code and Undertaking
(a) At the given space candidate need to read the code appeared and type in the code. If the code is difficult to read properly, one can refresh to get a new code by clicking on the link given as ‘click here to refresh’. If typed in code does not match the code given, candidate need to refresh the code. This has to be filled in compulsorily. Candidate can not proceed further for submitting form without the security code is met.
(b) After passing through the security code stage candidate need to indicate by a tick mark (√) in a box below the security code box. By ticking the box given for compliance for undertaking the online submission can proceed by click on SUBMIT button.
(c) This step completes the first part of the process and takes the candidate to a different page for completing the second part. Second part is to confirm the data entered in the previous step. If the data appearing on the screen is not what you intended, you may make corrections here. This step is to give the candidate a chance to make correction if necessary. When all the data is found to be correct click the CONFIRM button.
(d) This confirmation takes the candidate to the last step where an acknowledgement appears on the next page. This page can be printed for record of acknowledgement. A second option is also available to download application form. The candidate needs to keep securely acknowledgement form and application form. As soon as the acknowledgement stage is reached by the candidate, a message is sent to the registered e-mail ID for admission process. With this online submission of application is complete.