DU CIE B.Ed. Admission 2014
DU CIE offers a full-time professional teacher education programme of the duration of one academic year, after graduate or post-graduate studies, leading to a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Degree. This programme is offered, at present, at Department of Education(CIE),33 Chhatra Marg, University of Delhi, Delhi 110007, Maharshi Valmiki College of Education (MVCOE), Geeta Colony, Delhi 110031 and Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for Women(SPMC), West Punjabi Bagh, New Delhi 110026.
For the reference of students desirous of taking admission in DU CIE B.Ed., admission details have been provided here including the eligibility, instructions, reservation of seats and such details.
DU CIE B.Ed. Admission 2014 Quick Links
DU CIE B.Ed. Admission 2014 Important Information
|Online Availability of Forms||Thursday, March 20, 2014|
|Online Submission Last Date||Friday, April 18, 2014|
|Display of List for Entrance Test||Tuesday, May27, 2014|
|Entrance Test||Sunday, June 1, 2014 2 PM to 5 PM|
|Display of List for First Counseling||Monday, June23, 2014 5:00 pm|
|Counseling||Friday, June27, 2014 9:30 am|
|Fee Payment||June 30 – July 01, 2014|
|Display of List for Second Counseling||Friday, July 4, 2014 5:00 pm|
|Counseling||Tuesday, July 8, 2014 9:30 am|
|Fee Payment||July 9-10, 2014|
|Display of List for Third Counseling||Monday, July 14, 2014 5:00 pm|
|Counseling||Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:30 am|
|Fee Payment||July 18, 21, 2014 Till5:00 pm|
DU CIE B.Ed. Admission 2014 Seats
Based on the two teaching subjects selected by her/him a candidate will have to indicate one stream in the ICR Form. Only one stream has to be indicated even if the two subjects fall in two different streams. Candidates are advised to carefully study Table-I showing the seat allocation for various streams. The candidates for each stream will compete among themselves for the seats available under that stream, in the three institutions, as detailed below:
Seats Allocated per Stream
|Stream||No. of Seats|
|A) Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology (Botany, Zoology))||90||62||35|
|B) Languages (Sanskrit, Hindi, English)||60||38||23|
|C) Social Sciences|
|S-(I) History, Political Science and Geography)||80||52||31|
|S-(II) Philosophy, Psychology, Commerce(Accountancy, Business Studies), Sociology.||27||18||11|
|D) Art & Music-||2||—||—|
|E) Education (Edu.)(Reserved for graduates with Education as a subjectat their graduation level)||7||3||—|
|F) Other Languages|
|Bangla (B), Punjabi (P), Tamil (1), Urdu (U)||7+7||7+7||—|
If seats are left vacant in stream D, the same will be transferred to Stream C s-(1).
Important Note: Candidates having Education as a subject in graduation may opt tor a seat in stream E, but they are required to select two subjects from List- I, as per eligibility conditions.
DU CIE B.Ed. Admission 2014 Reservations
Candidates belonging to any reserved category must attach with the Application Form a copy of the relevant documents/certificates, issued in their own name by a competent authority.
Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes (SC/ST)
- As per University of Delhi Rules, 22.5% (15% for Scheduled Castes and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribes, interchangeable, if necessary) of the seats are reserved for these categories.
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates will be allowed a concession of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility requirements.
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidetes while applying for admission will be required to submit a certificate in their own name, from a competent authority, as listed below, to the effect that he/she belongs to a Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe.
- District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Deputy Commissioner Collector/ Additional Deputy Commissioner/Deputy Collector/First Class Stipendiary Magistrate/City Magistrate (not below the rank of first class Stipendiary Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/Extra Asstt. Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and / or candidate’s family resides.
- Administrator/Secretary to the Administrator/ Development officer (for Lakshdweep and Minicoy Islands).
Other Backward Classes (OBC)
27% of the seats are reserved for candidates belonging to the OBC subject to their fulfilling the conditions:
- The final score of the candidate should be not more than 100/0 lower compared to the last admitted General category candidate.
- The candidate should possess an OBC certificate issued in her/his name from a competent authority.
- The caste mentioned in the OBC certificate must be included in the Central list for the State that the candidate belongs to (available on http://ncbc.nic.in/backward-classes/index.html).
- The OBC certificate should mention that the candidate belongs to the ‘non-creamy layer’.
Children/ Widows/Wives of Armed Personnel, including Para-Military Personnel, killed/ disabled in Action (C/WAP)
- As per University Rules 5% of the total number of seats are reserved for the children/widows/wives of officers and men of the Armed Personnel including Para Military Personnel killed or disabled in action.
- C/VVAP candidates are allowed concession of 5% marks in eligibility requirements.
- Cases of the wives/widows/children of Armed Personnel including Para Military Personnel who died/were disabled while on duty will be considered for admission against 5% seats reserved in this category. C/WAP candidates will be required to submit a certificate (in original) from any one the following authorities:
Secretary, Kendriya Sainik Board, Delhi Secretary, Rajya:Zila Sainik Board
Officer-in-charge, Record Office 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate
Persons with Disabilities (PwD): (I) As per University of Delhi Rules 3% of the seats are reserved for persons with disabilities (which include Visually Disabled (VD) and Low Vision (LV) candidates). These candidates will also be allowed a concession of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility requirements.
Procedure for admission of physically disabled candidates
The physically disabled candidates will be registered by the Faculty/Department in the first instance and thereafter their applications will be forwarded to the C.M.O., W.U.S. Health Centre (Main Campus) indicating the nature of work involved in pursuing the course. The candidates will have to present themselves physically before the medical board on the date specified. Information to this regard will be displayed on the notice board of the Department of Education (CIE) at appropriate time.
The Medical Board after examining the candidate concerned would send information about each candidate to the following effect:
- Whether the candidate is fit to pursue the course oi study in light of the information supplied by the FacultyiDepartment
- if the Board is of the opinion that the candidate can pursue the course, the board will recommend the case taking into account the extent of handicap (as per University rules).
- The Dean of Faculty/Head of the Department/Principal of the College would keep the required number of seats vacant in the course concerned till the recommendations of the Medical Board are received by them and their cases decided thereafter by placing them in the merit list at the appropriate places.
- As per the guidelines of the Medical Board in Delhi University for physically challenged candidates the disability certificate should be issued by the competent authority in the format as per the Govt. of India guidelines.
Note: For category (a) the transfer of seats will be done mutually. In case of non-availability of suitable candidates for seats in category (b) mentioned above, the vacancies will be treated as general category and will be filled up accordingly.
Education Subject (Edu.): Ten seats (seven in CIE and three in M.V.College of Education) are reserved in the B.Ed. programme for students who have offered Education as a subject (with three full papers) at the B.A. level. The candidates must have secured minimum 50% aggregate in Education in addition to other eligibility conditions.
General (Gen) :The remaining seats will be open to all.
Foreign Students: A maximum of four seats in the Department of Education, two seats in the M.V. College of Education and one in SPM College can be allocated to candidates from outside India. All eligible candidates from outside India are exempted from the B.Ed. Entrance Test. However, they will have to undergo a special test on proficiency in the English language and an interview which the Department of Education will conduct. Such candidates are advised to apply through the Foreign Students’ Advisor, University of Delhi.
Note: As per the Supreme Court ruling, candidates belonging to the reserved categories and who have been found eligible for admission in the general merit list. will be admitted against seats In the general category. The seats for the reserved categories will, then, be filled-up from the remaining candidates in the reserved categories as follows:
- The candidates belonging to the reserved categories will compete for the reserved seats among themselves. A final selection list will be prepared on the basis of their performance in the Entrance Test and the interview and their preference for the institution.
- In case of non-availability of suitable candidates for the reserved seats, the vacancies will be treated as unreserved and will be filled up accordingly.
- All other conditions and requirements of admission for the reserved categories will be the same as for unreserved candidates.