DU CIE B.El.Ed. Admission 2014
The Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) programme is a four-year integrated professional degree programme of Elementary Teacher Education offered after the senior secondary (class XII) stage of school. This is a bilingual programme, conceptualized by the Maulana Azad Centre for Elementary and Social Education (MACESE) of the Department of Education, University of Delhi.
Launched in the academic year 1994-95, the programme is an attempt towards fulfilling the need for professionally qualified elementary school teachers. B.El.Ed. is designed to integrate the study of subject knowledge, human development, pedagogical knowledge and communication skills. Both professional and academic options are available to the students who graduate with a B.El.Ed. degree.
The introduction of the B.El.Ed.programme in undergraduate colleges of the University of Delhi marks a move towards creation of a cadre of Elementary Education professionals – a long awaited promise, beginning with the conception of the Central Institute of Education in 1947. Through the B.El.Ed.programme, concerns of elementary education have been integrated into the University system with Delhi University taking the lead. It has also upgraded the professional status of the elementary school teacher by providing for a University degree for elementary education. At present, the programme is being offered in eight women colleges of the University of Delhi.
DU CIE B.El.Ed. Admission 2014 Quick Links
- Application Form
- Admit Card
- Answer-Key for B.El.Ed. Entrance Test 2014 (VD Candidates)
- Answer-Key for B.El.Ed. Entrance Test 2014
- List of Short listed candidates for B.El.Ed. Entrance Exam 2014
- Information Brochure
DU CIE B.El.Ed. Admission 2014 Important Information
CIE offers the following academic programmes:
- A full-time professional teacher education programme of the duration of one academic year, after graduate or post-graduate studies, leading to a degree in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.). Besides CIE this prgramme is also offered at the three affiliated colleges of University of Delhi – Maharshi Valmiki College of Education, Lady Irwin College and Shyama Prasad Mukherjee College.
- A full-time professional teacher education programme of the duration of one academic year, leading to a Bachelor of Special Education (Visually Impaired) degree. This course is offered in Durgabai Deshmukh College.
- A full-time professional teacher education programme of the duration of one academic year, leading to a Bachelor of Special Education (Mentally Retarded) degree. This course is offered in Lady Irwin College.
- A full-time professional programme of four years, after 12 years of schooling, in elementary teacher education, leading to a Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) degree. This programme is offered at eight affiliated colleges of the University of Delhi.
- A full-time advanced programme in Education of the duration of one academic year leading to a Master of Education (M.Ed.) degree.
- A part-time advanced programme in Education of the duration of two academic years, leading to a Master of Education (M.Ed.) degree. This programme is designed for in-service teachers and other educational practitioners.
- A full-time pre-doctoral research programme of eighteen months and a part-time programme of thirty months for working professionals in Education leading to the degree of Master of Philosophy – M.Phil. (Education).
- A doctoral research programme leading to a Doctor of Philosophy – Ph.D. (Education).
- A Post-Graduate Diploma in Special Education (Multiple Disabilities: Physical and Neurological) of the duration of one academic year duration along with three months internship is run by Action for Ability Development and Inclusion (AADI).
- In-service programmes for teachers and other practitioners as part of its functions as IASE.
List of Colleges
The B.El.Ed. programme is currently being offered in the following eight women colleges of the University of Delhi.
- Aditi Mahavidyalaya
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women
- Gargi College
- Mata Sundri College
- Institute of Home Economics
- Miranda House
- Jesus and Mary College
- Shyama Prasad Mukherji College
* Subject to minimum of 5-7 students choosing a particular option in the respective college.
** The total number of seats in each college and the number of seats for various reserved categories including SC/ST/ OBC/ CWAP/
PwD/CC are as per the relevant sanctions received from MHRD by the University.
*** 50% of these seats are reserved for Christian Students
Click Here for All Delhi University Admissions