DU CIE M.Ed Admission 2016 – The Master of Education Programme of the Department of Education (Central Institute of Education) was launched almost simultaneously with the Bachelor of Education Programme in the early years after the independence of our country. It was conceived as a professional programme for advanced study of the discipline of Education.
DU CIE M.Ed. Admission 2016
The Master of Education Programme is a full time programme for duration of two academic years. The objective of this programme is to develop in-depth knowledge and specialization in education among the students of the M.Ed. programme. The medium of instruction for M.Ed. is English. Selection to the programme is based on a Written Test.
The candidates seeking admission to the Master of Education Programme (M.Ed.) should have obtained at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade in the following programmes:
- B.A. B.Ed.; B.Sc.B.Ed.
- D.El.Ed. with an Undergraduate Degree (with 50% marks in each).
Reservation and relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD and other applicable categories shall be as per the rule of the central government/ state government whichever is applicable.
As per Delhi University norms, there is no age bar for admission to the M.Ed. programme.
- No. of seats for M.Ed. Programme – 50
Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes (S.C./S.T.) : 22.5% of the total number of seats (15% for Scheduled Castes and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribes) is reserved for these categories. However, in the case of non-availability of the eligible candidates, these reserved seats may be interchanged between the SC and ST.
Other Backward Classes (OBC) : In the light of reservation for OBC, 27% seats will be filled in accordance with Central Educational Institutions Act 2006
Persons With Disability (PWD) : 3% of the total number of seats is reserved for physically disabled as per the University of Delhi norms and regulations.
Children/Widows of Armed Personnel (C/WAP) : 5% of the seats are reserved for the children/widows/wives of officers and men of the Armed forces including Para Military Personnel killed or disabled in action.
Foreign Nationals : 5% seats are reserved for Foreign students in M.Ed. Programme.
Selection to the programme is based on a Written Test of 100 marks. The merit will be prepared on the basis of scores obtained in the Written Test. The test will be of 2 hours duration. It will contain 100 questions in MCQ format.
The test will include questions to assess candidates’ understanding of educational theory, their research aptitude, language comprehension and their analytical and reflective abilities related to the contemporary Indian education discourses.
- All the eligible candidates for M.Ed. programmes will be required to take the written test at their own expense.
- All candidates whose qualifying examination results are awaited will be allowed to appear for the entrance examination provisionally. However, in accordance with the order of Hon’ble Delhi High Court in LPA 903/2013 the candidates will be eligible for admission only after the result of the qualifying examination has been declared and the candidates meet the minimum eligibility criteria. Thus no provisional admission will be allowed to result awaited cases. In this regard the rules and regulation of university of Delhi will be followed strictly
- Rounding of fractions will not be done while computing the percentage of marks for eligibility.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to satisfy the Department authorities that the marks obtained by him/her in the qualifying examination are within the expected percentage in the aggregate or above. They must also ensure that the mark-sheets submitted by them clearly indicate that the marks obtained are in accordance with the maximum marks allotted for the examination.
- Any Candidate who is employed shall not be admitted to the M.Ed. programme unless (s) he produces a valid sanction of leave from the employer.
- M.Ed. students are not permitted to take up any employment.
- No M.Ed. student will be allowed to study for any other examination, while pursuing this programme.
Document to be Submitted at the time of Admission
All selected candidates will be required to produce the following documents along with an attested copy of each of the following at the time of admission.
- High School/Secondary School Certificate for the purpose of verification of age.
- Detailed statements of marks of all the examinations passed including the qualifying.
- Degree/certificate of Examination(s) passed.
- Study Leave. (wherever applicable)
- Reserved category certificate(s) for establishing his/her claim for a reserved seat.
- Character Certificate (original) from the institution last attended.
All admissions are subject to the approval of the University of Delhi.
For more details of DU CIE M.Ed. Admission 2016 – Download Information Brochure.