DU MBBS Admission 2016 will be done on the basis of AIPMT 2016 marks. Candidates who wish to get admission in medical colleges in University of Delhi’s Faculty of Medical Sciences, must appear in the All India Pre Medical / Pre Dental Test 2016. DU MBBS 2016 Application Forms will be available, and must be filled and submitted by interested candidates who satisfies eligibility criteria. Detailed notification regarding DU MBBS/BDS Admission 2016 is published and given here.
DU MBBS 2016 Notification
University of Delhi, Faculty of Medical Sciences has released notification regarding DU MBBS / BDS Admission 2016. A Copy of the same is given below.
DU FMSC MBBS / BDS Admission 2016 – University of Delhi, Faculty of Medical Sciences.
It is notified for all concerned that University of Delhi will not conduct a separate entrance examination DUMET 2016 for admission to MBBS and BDS courses under 85% DU quota.
Instead, University of Delhi’s MBBS / BDS admission for all categories under 85% DU quota will be made on the basis of marks and merit obtained by eligible candidates in the All India Pre Medical / Pre Dental Test, AIPMT conducted by CBSE.
Candidates must apply and appear in AIPMT to become eligible for admission under 85% DU quota in FMSC MBBS / BDS courses of University of Delhi. Colleges under DU FMSC include LHMC, MAMC, MAIDS for BDS, and UCMS.
DU MBBS Colleges
- Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC),
- Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC),
- University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS),
- Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences (MAIDS).
The University conducts MBBS Course in three Medical Colleges i.e. Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC), Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS) and BDS Course at Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences (MAIDS). Only female candidates are admitted to LHMC.Courses, College, Institutions, Number of seats and duration of course
Candidates for 15% seats are selected directly by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) based on AIPMT exam conducted by the CBSE. The University will fill up these seats according to selection made by Directorate General of Health Services, Govt. of India.
Duration of Courses.
- MBBS Course: The duration of the course is 4½ years, followed by one year compulsory rotating Internship Training.
- BDS Course: The duration of the course is 4 years, followed by one year compulsory rotating Internship Training.
The medium of teaching and examination for MBBS and BDS courses shall be English.
Please note that the information given below is based on previous year admission process. This should be used only for reference purpose. New details will be updated as soon as they are available.
Statement showing total number of seats in Under-Graduate Courses
Procedure for admission, assignment of college
The candidate will be required to produce admission tickets of AIPMT and original certificates including score card of AIPMT during the Counselling. The admission would be made strictly on the basis of marks/merit of the eligible candidates in each category, determined by marks obtained in the AIPMT.
In case of two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the AIPMT, the inter-se-ranking of such candidates shall be determined in the following order of preference:
- The candidates who have obtained higher marks in Biology/Bio-technology in the AIPMT.
- The candidates who have obtained higher marks in Chemistry in the AIPMT.
- The candidates who are older in age.
No communication would be sent to the individual candidates for appearing before the Medical Courses Admission Committee for counselling. The candidates should appear before the Medical Courses Admission Committee for counselling on the specified dates according to their merit as per schedule given at page (i). Candidates should report at the Conference Centre, Opposite Department of Botany, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007 on the stipulated dates at 09:00 A.M. for counselling with any one of the following identifications proof:
- Admission Ticket of AIPMT for Counselling
- Voter Identity Card
- Driving License
- Admission Ticket of last exam passed/appeared by the candidates.
Inability to appear/delayed for Counselling:-
- If any candidate is unable to appear on the dates mentioned on page (i) of Bulletin of Information and time specified above, he/she may send his/her representative with appropriate authorization on prescribed proforma.
- If a candidate or his/ her representative is absent on his/ her turn at the time of counselling and comes late on the same day before the end of the counselling, he/ she may be allowed to appear in the counselling on his/ her written request and on payment of Rs.500/- in cash as a penalty for late coming. Such candidate/ representative shall appear in the counselling just after the batch, for which counselling was going on, at the time when he/she submitted his/her request and deposited the penalty for late coming. He/she may opt for a course/ institution, which is available to him/her at that time only. He/she will have no claim on the seats/ institutions already allotted.
- In case a candidate or his/ her representative does not report before the end of counselling session on the specified date, he/she shall forfeit his/ her claim for admission to any course.
Female candidates from outside Delhi, belonging to SC/ST/CW category are eligible to seek admission in Lady Hardinge Medical College only and have to report on the day of Counselling on the specified above. They would be offered admission to Lady Hardinge Medical College, on the basis of their merit in the AIPMT.
The candidates would be called in the counselling hall in a batch of 10 for counselling to allot a course (MBBS/ BDS) in a particular college (LHMC/ MAMC/ UCMS/MAIDS). At his/ her turn of the counselling the candidate would be informed of the courses and the colleges in which the courses are available. From the courses and the colleges available at the time of his/ her counselling, he/ she would be entitled to select only one course in any particular college and he/ she would be allotted a seat in the selected course in the selected college. Female candidates from Delhi, opting for MBBS Course would be entitled to opt for MAMC, UCMS and LHMC (the first two being co-educational colleges and the third one being exclusively for female students). Male candidates would be entitled to opt for either MAMC or UCMS only both being co-educational colleges.
The counselling of a particular day shall close as soon as all the candidates called for counselling and present have been counselled or 2:30 P.M. whichever is later.
The candidates who have been provisionally admitted in a course shall appear before a Medical Board on the dates given by the concerned College/Institution for medical examinations. A candidate shall not be allowed to join the course if he/she is found medically unfit for the course.
Wait list candidates: The candidates who were present for counselling and were not offered any seat due to allotment of all seats before their turn of counselling, shall be waitlisted and will be required to submit their options in respect of course and college on the prescribed proforma. The candidates who were absent on the specified date of counselling shall not be waitlisted. The candidates who have not opted any seat at the time of counselling shall also be waitlisted.
An undertaking is to be given by the candidate at the time of counselling to the affect that they have not pursuing MBBS/BDS course anywhere in India. In case admitted/pursuing MBBS/BDS Courses anywhere in India they will be required to produce cancellation certificate from the concerned College/ Institution within 4 working days from the date of provisional allotment of seat.
DU FMSC MBBS / BDS Counselling
Fifth round of counselling
One seat of BDS course at Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences reserved for OBC under 85% DU Quota is remained vacant after the fourth round of counselling. Interested candidates are requested to report on 7th October, 2015 (Wednesday) at 09:00 AM to the Dean, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Committee Room, 7th Floor, V.P. Chest Institute Building, University of Delhi, Delhi 110007. The BDS seat will be allotted strictly according to the merit on the basis of AIPMT.
Note : There is no vacant seat for MBBS course in any of the three medical colleges viz. LHMC, MAMC & UCMS.
Tentative vacancy position of BDS seats are as follows :
Documents required at the time of Counselling :
- AIPMT Examination Admit Card
- AIPMT Score Card/Result
- Matriculation or equivalent certificate showing date of birth
- Certificate of having passed 12th Class Examination
- Statement of mark-sheet of 12th Class Examination
- The Character Certificate from the Principal of School last attended or from any Gazetted Officer
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe certificate from competent authority as prescribed in clause 3A, if applicable
- Father’s SC/ST Certificate
- OBC Certificate from competent authority as prescribed in clause 3B, if applicable.
- Recent Non-creamy layer certificate as per the Central list for OBC’s
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) as given clause 3C, if applicable
- Entitlement certificate for Children/Widows of Armed Forces Personnel (C.W.) category as prescribed in clause 3E, if applicable
- Three recent passport size photographs.
DU FMSC MBBS / BDS Merit List
Fifth Merit List
Fourth Merit List
Third Merit List
Second Merit List
First Merit List