DU FMSC MBBS/ BDS Admission 2016 will be done on the basis of AIPMT / NEET 2016 marks/ merit. Candidates who wish to get admission in medical colleges in University of Delhi’s Faculty of Medical Sciences, must appear in the All India Pre Medical / Pre Dental Test 2016/ NEET 2016. DU MBBS 2016 Application Forms will be available, and must be filled and submitted by interested candidates who satisfies eligibility criteria. Detailed notification regarding DU MBBS/BDS Admission 2016 is published and given here.
|Sale of Bulletin of Information Form||25 July 2016|
|Last date for submission of Application Form|
|Counseling||To be notified later|
DU FMSC MBBS / BDS Admission 2016 – University of Delhi, Faculty of Medical Sciences
Faculty of Medical Sciences has released notification for admission to the DU FMSC MBBS / BDS course for the academic session 2016 – 2017.
Candidates for 15% seats are selected directly by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) based on AIPMT/NEET-2016 conducted by the CBSE, New Delhi as per the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
Candidates must apply and appear in AIPMT/ NEET 2016 to become eligible for admission under 85% DU quota in FMSC MBBS / BDS courses of University of Delhi. Colleges under DU FMSC include LHMC, MAMC, MAIDS for BDS, and UCMS.
DU MBBS Colleges
- Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC),
- Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC),
- University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS),
- Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences (MAIDS).
The University conducts MBBS Course in three Medical Colleges i.e. Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC), Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS) and BDS Course at Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences (MAIDS). Only female candidates are admitted to LHMC.Courses, College, Institutions, Number of seats and duration of course
Duration of Courses.
- MBBS Course: The duration of the course is 4½ years, followed by one year compulsory rotating Internship Training.
- BDS Course: The duration of the course is 4 years, followed by one year compulsory rotating Internship Training.
The medium of teaching and examination for MBBS and BDS courses shall be English.
Statement showing total number of seats in Under-Graduate Courses
- Seats may be added/deleted depending upon the status of approval from University/ Medical Council of India/ Dental Council of India/Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MOHFW) Govt. of India. However, in case of any increase in intake capacity in MBBS/BDS course(s), the same will be displayed before the start of the Counselling Session(s).
- (*): 130 seats are recognized by MCI & 70 seats are permitted by MOHFW as per the letter of the Vice Principal, LHMC, No. B/Admission/2016 dated 02.02.2016.
Procedure for admission, assignment of college
The candidate will be required to produce admission tickets of AIPMT/ NEET -2016 and original certificates including score card of AIPMT/ NEET -2016 as mentioned at Clause 4 at the time of Counseling.
The admission would be made strictly on the basis of marks/merit of the eligible candidates in each category, determined by marks obtained in the AIPMT/ NEET -2016.
In case of two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the AIPMT/ NEET – 2016, the inter-seranking of such candidates shall be determined in the following order of preference:
- The candidates who have obtained higher marks in Biology/Bio-Technology in the AIPMT/ NEET -2016.
- The candidates who have obtained higher marks in Chemistry in the AIPMT/ NEET -2016.
- The candidates who are older in age.
Counseling schedule & venue :- To be notified later in the light of schedule to be notified by the Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Directorate of General Health Services (DGHS), New Delhi.
Inability to appear/delayed for Counselling:-
- If any candidate is unable to appear on the date of counseling, to be notified later, he/she may send his/her representative with appropriate authorization on prescribed proforma.
- ) If a candidate or his/ her representative is absent on his/ her turn at the time of counselling and comes late on the same day before the end of the counselling, he/ she may be allowed to appear in the counselling on his/ her written request and on payment of Rs.500/- in cash as a penalty for late coming. Such candidate/ representative shall appear in the counselling just after the batch, for which counselling was going on, at the time when he/she submitted his/her request and deposited the penalty for late coming. He/she may opt for a course/ institution, which is available to him/her at that time only. He/she will have no claim on the seats/ institutions already allotted.
- In case a candidate or his/ her representative does not report before the end of counselling session on the specified date, he/she shall forfeit his/ her claim for admission to any course.
Female candidates from outside Delhi, belonging to SC/ST/C.W. category, are eligible to seek admission in Lady Hardinge Medical College only and have to report on the day of counseling to be notified. They would be offered admission to Lady Hardinge Medical College, on the basis of their merit in the AIPMT/ NEET -2016.
- Merit list of SC, ST, C.W. categories of NCT of Delhi (who have passed qualifying examination from NCT of Delhi) shall be operated first for allotment of MBBS seats strictly accordingly to merit in terms of clause 2 (b) (i) of BOI- 2016-2017.
- In case some seats remain unfilled after operating the merit list of SC, ST, C.W. categories of NCT Delhi, the same will be filled up by operating the merit list of the candidates who have passed qualifying examination from outside NCT Delhi in term of clause 2(b) (ii).
The candidates would be called in the counselling hall in a batch of 10 for counselling to allot a course (MBBS/ BDS) in a particular college (LHMC/ MAMC/ UCMS/MAIDS). At his/ her turn of the counselling the candidate would be informed of the courses and the colleges in which the courses are available. From the courses and the colleges available at the time of his/ her counselling, he/ she would be entitled to select only one course in any particular college and he/ she would be allotted a seat in the selected course in the selected college. Female candidates from Delhi, opting for MBBS Course would be entitled to opt for MAMC, UCMS and LHMC (the first two being co-educational colleges and the third one being exclusively for female students). Male candidates would be entitled to opt for either MAMC or UCMS only both being co-educational colleges.
The counselling of a particular day shall close as soon as all the candidates called for counselling and present have been counselled or 2:30 P.M. whichever is later.
The candidates who have been provisionally admitted in a course shall appear before a Medical Board on the dates given by the concerned College/Institution for medical examinations. A candidate shall not be allowed to join the course if he/she is found medically unfit for the course.
Wait list candidates : The candidates who were present for counselling and were not offered any seat due to allotment of all seats before their turn of counselling, shall be waitlisted and will be required to submit their options in respect of course and college on the prescribed proforma.
The candidates who were absent on the specified date of counselling shall not be waitlisted. The candidates who have not opted any seat at the time of counselling shall also be waitlisted.
An undertaking is to be given by the candidate at the time of counselling to the affect that they have not pursuing MBBS/BDS courses anywhere in India. In case admitted/pursuing MBBS/ BDS Courses anywhere in India they will be required to produce cancellation certificate from the concerned College/Institution within 4 working days from the date of provisional allotment of seat.
For More Detail of DU FMSC MBBS / BDS Admission 2016 – Download Information Brochure