1. All notifications related to admission shall be notified in the five news papers of the State of Goa, viz. Navhind Times, Herald, Tarun Bharat, Gomantak (Marathi) & Sunaparant (Konkani). DTE is empowered to release notifications related to admissions in the newspapers.
2. The application form along with the prospectus will be available at notified locations on payment of Rs. 500/-(cash). (Extra Rs.10/- towards service charges shall be payable to the designated branches of notified Bank.)
Outstation candidates can obtain the prospectus and application form by sending request to Director, Directorate of Technical Education, Alto- Porvorim, Goa,
403501 along with a DD of Rs.500/- payable in favour of. “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji. Candidates may utilize downloaded Application Form for Diploma Courses and submit the same in person at notified Application Reception Centre, along with a DD of Rs. 500/- payable in favour of “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji-Goa. Applicants shall ensure that the validity of the Demand Draft is atleast 3 months from the date of issue.
Also, candidates may avail provision for online submission of Diploma Application form for admission to Diploma Courses available under e-Services portal of Government of Goa, only during form acceptance period as notified in this prospectus.
Candidates submitting online application form for admission to Diploma Courses are required to remit an amount of Rs.500/- vide Demand Draft, payable in favour of “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji, drawn on any Scheduled Bank and submit self attested copies of supporting documents and collect the Acknowledgement Card, on or before last date of submission of application form, failing which the online application form is liable to be rejected.
Procedure for Online submission of application form: -
1. Type the URL www.eservices.goa.gov.in in the address bar. A page listing e- Services offered by Government Departments will be displayed.
2. To avail e-Services of Directorate of Technical Education click on ‘Technical Education.’
3. Next, click on the ‘Diploma Admission Form’.
4. Application Form for admission to Diploma Courses 2014 will be displayed.
5. Fill the requested details in the application form; upload the same with scanned copies of required supporting documents, as instructed in the application form.
6. Enter Mobile No. correctly, as the same will be used for further communication.
7. Id Proof i.e. Date of Birth. The same should be correctly entered, as the same would be used to check the status of the form.
8. Enter the validation key shown and click on ‘submit’ button.
9. On submission of the form, ‘Application ID’ will be generated. This application ID is to be retained for further reference and tracking status of application.
10. Check status of your application, enter ‘Application ID’ and ‘Proof ID’ in the fields indicated and click on ‘Search’ button. The status of the application can be reviewed.
3. An applicant seeking admission to one or more Diploma courses and covering one or more categories shall submit only one application form in person, at notified Application receiving Centre (DTE, Porvorim/ Ravindra Bhavan , Margao), in his/her own handwriting.
In case an applicant submits more than one application form, he/she should give registration number of earlier application on the later application form. The application submitted last will be considered and his/her earlier application(s) shall stand cancelled.
4. An applicant must enter all the Categories he/she is eligible and wishes to apply for.
Applicant must note the following combination of categories is not permissible:
a) Category 1 & Category 7.
b) Any of Category 1 to 9 (except 7) and Category 10 to 12.ie an applicant cannot combine any of the categories 1 to 9(except 7) with any of the categories from 10 to 12.
Request for change in Category will not be entertained after the last date of submission of application form.
5. The last date for receiving application at the notified Centre shall be as mentioned in the Schedule of admission process, on inner cover page. Any request for granting extension of time for submission of form or admission at a later date shall not be entertained.
6. Applications received after expiry of the last date shall be summarily rejected. Any correspondence in this regard shall not be entertained.
7. The application form must be accompanied by attested photocopies of relevant certificates and testimonials as per the list in the application form. A recent (taken not earlier than 3 months from the date of application) passport size photograph should be affixed to the application form in the space provided. One more copy of the same photograph should be affixed to the Acknowledgement cum Admit Card.
8. In case the applicant is admitted to any course, he/she will be required to submit the School Leaving Certificate or Transfer Certificate to the Principal as the case may be, within 15 days from the date of admission, failing which the admission shall stand cancelled.
9. The applicant claiming a seat in the reserved category of SC/ST/OBC is required to submit the caste certificate in the prescribed Proforma given in Annexure II & III from the competent authority. If the required certificate is not received by the due date, his/her application will be treated as an application for the general category provided the applicant fulfils academic condition of general category.
10. The receipt of application form will be acknowledged by the notified Centre. The applicant is advised to personally submit the application form on or before the due date, at the notified Centre. The notified Centre will scrutinize applications and accept only those forms, which are complete in all respect and issue Acknowledgement cum Admit Card.
However, incomplete applications may be accepted only on the last date of submission, and applicants will be given an opportunity to comply with deficiencies within specific time limit. If any application remains incomplete after the due date, Admission Committee shall review the nature of deficiency and take decision to accept or reject the application. The decision of the Committee and Director of Technical Education shall be final.
11. Any change in the applicant’s address should be immediately intimated to the notified Centre.
12. No personal communication will be sent to the applicants. In the event of any change in the schedule of admission, the same will also be notified through specified local newspapers.
13. The merit list shall be displayed at the Admission Centre in the Directorate of Technical Education, Alto-Porvorim, as per the specified schedule (on inner back cover page) All the applicants should verify the correctness of their merit position in the provisional merit list. In case any error is detected, the applicant should inform the Chairman, Admission Committee within 24 hours in writing, failing which, the applicant himself/herself shall be responsible for the consequences of such an error.
14. In case, an applicant has applied for verification of S.S.C./HSSC/Voc/ITI Examination marks, he/she should inform the Chairman of the Admission Committee, about his/her revised results in writing, along with a certified copy of the revised mark sheet by the due date. Failing this, his/her revised (higher) marks / results if any, shall not be considered for finalising the merit list. Revised marks will be reckoned only from such point of time onwards, and list of applicants already admitted, shall remain unchanged.
15. The academic eligibility shall be based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination (i.e. SSC) only, except for Modern Office Practice, Hotel Management and Pharmacy courses, for which the qualifying examination is HSSC. The additional marks for extracurricular achievements shall not be added to determine eligibility. However, once eligible, additional marks shall be added to determine the position in order of merit.
16. In case the applicant has reappeared in the qualifying examination to improve the marks, the improved marks if any, shall be considered provided the candidate appears in whole examination in one sitting and not in specific subjects.
17. Admission shall be strictly based on Merit cum Choice.
18. Every eligible applicant who is desirous of seeking admission shall remain present in person at the Admission Centre (DTE) as per scheduled admission rounds along with Acknowledgement cum Admit Card, documents in original and fees. Admitted Candidates permitted to withdraw submitted original documents for any purpose, shall have to submit the same again to the Admission Committee, before the subsequent round of admission Applicants present will be given an opportunity to select a seat of choice, from the seats available at the point of his or her merit number.
If the applicant fails to turn up for counselling as specified in the admission schedule, or does not accept admission offered, he/she shall forfeit the claim of seat as per his/her turn in merit position for that round, and the seat will be offered to the next person in the merit list.
In case (during the round of admission) the applicant reports late for admission, his/her candidature shall be considered for the then available seats. The list/order of applicants already admitted shall remain unchanged.
19. All the applicants who are offered admission shall have to pay the requisite fees on the same day. The fees shall be accepted only through a Demand Draft, as mentioned in the chapter on fees.
20. Applicant must write his/her name, registration number, college and course to which admitted, on the back of Demand Draft before submitting the same to the Admission Committee.
21. All the applicants selected for admission to Diploma courses shall be given provisional admission, and shall have to get medical fitness certificate either from Goa Medical College, Bambolim, or any other Medical Attendant, authorised by the Directorate of Health Services. The admission of the applicant shall be cancelled, in case he/she is declared medically unfit
22 .If any of the seats reserved for various categories remain vacant after completion of any round of admission for reserved category, these shall be transferred to GENERAL CATEGORY in the same round after calling out the name of the last candidate in the reserved category.
23 .Inviting applications according to this Prospectus does not confer any right/claim for admission to any course.
24 .The decision of the Admission Committee and the Director of Technical Education will be treated as final in interpreting the rules of admission.
25 .Applicants, who have passed the qualifying examination from Universities/ Boards other than the Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education shall be required to produce Eligibility Certificate from the Board of Technical Education, Goa, within one week after securing the admissions, (applicable to only those students who have passed from Board which does not figure in the Equivalence list of Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education) to the Head of the Institution, without which, the admission shall not be confirmed.
26 .Canvassing in any form by Applicant / Parents / Guardians to get an undue advantage may lead to rejection of application form or right of admission to the applicant.
27 .Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) Govt. of India reserves seats for other States/ Union Territories in the institutions of Goa in disciplines of Engineering and Technology. The seats allotted by MHRD are over and above the sanctioned intake capacity of the receiving Institutes. These seats shall not be available to local candidates, even if they remain vacant.
28 .The applicants nominated by the concerned States shall be admitted only if they fulfil the eligibility conditions as laid down in this Prospectus and will have to obtain Eligibility Certificate from Board of Technical Education.
29 .Only those applicants, who have applied in response to this Prospectus of 2014 and submitted their applications duly completed in all respects at the notified Centres, on or before the last date /time, and satisfy the eligibility criteria will be considered for admission to the Diploma courses strictly in order of merit.
30 .The final merit lists of all categories will be displayed on the Notice Board at the Admission Centre as per the time and date mentioned in the Schedule of Admission.
31. The Director of Technical Education reserves the right to modify the Schedule of Admission, if required.
32 .Provisional eligibility list shall be prepared in order of merit for all applicants and for all categories, including those who are not eligible, and shall display deficiencies, if any.
Separate merit lists shall be prepared for all the categories (1 to 12), in two groups: (a) SSC + group & HSSC + (b) Vocational, I.T.I categories. The applicants who qualify for more than one category shall be listed in all the categories where they are eligible.
33 .Merit list will be finalised as per the given schedule in this Prospectus irrespective of whether verification of marks has been received or not.
34 .Admission shall be offered to the applicants of general category, before that of SC/ST/OBC category. Unclaimed/vacant seats if any, from the reserved categories/Women’s Wing shall be dereserved and transferred to General category at the end of the admission round of reserved categories. Claim of the applicants of reserved categories, shall not be accepted after the seats are transferred.
35 .Physical presence of the applicant is necessary at the time of admission. During counselling, the parents /guardian of the applicant will be allowed to accompany the applicant to enable him/her to select a branch of choice, out of the available branches.
36 .An applicant listed in the merit list shall be eligible for all rounds of admission, irrespective of whether he/she has attended/availed admission in the earlier rounds or not.
37 .(a) If an applicant has taken admission to a particular seat and has cancelled the same for whatsoever reasons, he/she shall forfeit his/her claim for that allotted seat (i.e course and institution) in same/ further rounds of admission. Also an applicant once admitted to a particular seat (i.e course and institution) under any category, shall not be eligible to seek admission to the same seat (i.e same course and same institution) again under same/other category (for applicants eligible for more than one category), in same and subsequent admission rounds, under vertical mobility. An applicant, who has been provisionally admitted to a particular course shall not be considered for re-admission in the same round. The provision of rule 3.37 (a) shall not apply for the purpose of taking admission to any seat for SC, ST and OBC candidate and for seats under Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme.
(b) All eligible candidates from General Category Merit List shall be considered eligible for availing seats under Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme, provided they submit an Income Certificate in specified format together with their application Form B stating that annual total income of their parents from all the sources is less than Rs. 4.5 Lakhs in the Year 2013. Candidates who fail to produce original Income Certificate during admission round shall NOT be considered for seats under AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme.
All candidates are advised to exercise maximum care and caution while opting for seats during the admission rounds.
3.38 During Second, and any subsequent round of admission (if any), vacancies created in a particular category/course during the round shall be filled in the same round. Interested candidates shall remain present till the end of the round in case they wish to avail these vacant seats. Vacated Tuition Fee Waiver seats shall be filled up from General category merit list, and Tuition Fee Waiver shall be offered to eligible candidates, admitted in the order of merit.
39 .The Admission card shall be issued only to the applicants selected for admission to a course of study in the Institute on payment of specified fees and submission of original documents at the Admission Centre. The admission given at the Admission Centre shall be termed as Provisional Admission.
40 .The provisionally admitted applicants shall report to the Head of the Institution within three working days of grant of admission and obtain acknowledgement thereof, failing which the admission is liable to be cancelled and thereafter no request will be considered for re-admission or participation in further rounds of admission. All admitted candidates shall familiarize themselves with the provisions of the Board of Technical Education Rules, and obtain the Enrolment No from the Institution, by submitting Enrolment form, and making payment of the requisite Enrolment Fee through the Institution in which they are admitted, within ten working days from the date of grant of admission, failing which admission is liable to be cancelled. Attested copies of statement of marks of qualifying examination and Admit Card issued by the Admission Centre need to be attached to Enrolment Form. Applicants who have been admitted to Professional Diploma course in earlier years, and seeking admissions in the current year by applying freshly, as per the provision of this prospectus shall be considered as a fresh applicants and his past performance in the Diploma Course, during his earlier admission shall not be considered for any purpose.
41 .All admitted candidates shall be required to strictly abide by the provisions of rules and regulations prescribed by Government/ Institute, as regards their conduct and discipline. Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited and in case any applicant for admission is found to have indulged in ragging in the past or if it is noticed later that he/she has indulged in ragging, admission may be refused or he/she shall be expelled from the educational Institution, if his explanation is not found satisfactory.
Attention of all applicants is drawn towards provisions of Goa Prohibition of Ragging Act, 2008 (Goa Act 9 of 2009) published in official Extra Ordinary Gazette series I, No. 26 dtd 17/07/09. Admitted candidates are advised to refer to Board of Technical Education rules, as regards to provisions related to grant of terms, attendance, award of class, and other requirements.
42 .All the institutes shall depute their faculty members as member of the Admission Committee as per the requirement of Directorate of Technical Education, who shall also act as the link officer between DTE, Admission Committee, and the Institute. This member shall be responsible for application forms, original documents of the applicants and fees collected for that institute.
43 .All Heads of the institutes covered under Centralised Admission are hereby empowered to admit candidates against the seats remaining vacant in any branch, after Second, and subsequent round of admission (if any), with prior approval of this Directorate. The admission shall be given strictly in order of merit. The Institutes shall follow the merit list prepared by the Admission Committee to determine order of merit. In case the Merit list of Centralised Admission is exhausted, fresh Merit list shall be prepared from the new applicants on the same basis.
44. All the admissions shall be done after public notification in the specified newspapers. However, if only one or two seats are vacant, and the candidates are available in the merit list, candidates from the waiting list may be called by recorded communication in ratio of 1: 3 (3 candidates per vacant seat). The admission should be granted in presence of all the candidates.
45 .The institutions shall not change any of the provisions of the prospectus (including eligibility, fees or rules for refund) while granting such admissions.
46 .The Head of the institution (and the management in case of non Government institutes) shall be solely responsible for the settlement of any dispute, court case, etc. arising out of such admissions.
47 .The Institutes shall not admit Foreign Nationals without permission of the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India. Such candidates should as far as possible be admitted on nomination by ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations) or GOI.
48 .The institutions shall not encash the bank drafts of fees after Second, and subsequent round of admission (if any), to facilitate immediate refund of fee during change of course/institute.
49 .This Prospectus shall be sent to all the Directorates of Technical Education immediately after publication, in order to inform details of provisions.
50 .Outside/ out of State candidates should confirm the hostel facilities in the Institutes before securing admissions.
51 .All nominating agencies/ Governments should send the candidates so as to join within one month of the date of starting of the academic session or the last date notified, whichever is earlier, failing which the Board of Technical Education may or may not grant the term due to possible “shortage of attendance” DTE, Goa shall not take any responsibility of such admissions.
52 .In the event seats remain vacant, after conducting the above specified rounds, Directorate of Technical Education is authorised to formulate and notify additional rounds of admission as per schedule to be drawn up in consultation with Board of Technical Education/Admission Committee, after taking into consideration all relevant aspects.