IGNOU B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam OPENNET – Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has released the application form for IGNOU OPENNET Post Basic BSc Nursing entrance test. Aspirants can register online at ignounursing.samarth.edu.in. Candidates who have passed 10+2 with RNRM having GNM with two years of work experience and are currently working are eligible to apply for IGNOU OPENNET VIII Jan 2020 Admission. Candidates are shortlisted for admission for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Programme is done region wise on the basis of merit in common entrance test. Check more details on IGNOU OPENNET VIII Post Basic BSc Nursing 2020 from this page.
IGNOU B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2019 for Jan 2020
Post Basic B.Sc Nursing is a degree programme of three years duration and it has two major components: theory and practicals. The Programme is approved by the Indian Nursing Council (INC). Admission is done through an Entrance Examination (OPENNET-VIII). Candidates can check the complete schedule for IGNOU OPENNET VIII from the table below.
|IGNOU OPENNET VIII||Dates|
|Release of IGNOU OPENNET VIII Application form||11 Sep 2019|
|Last date to submit Application Form||October 2019|
|Date of Entrance Test||To be announced!|
|Declaration of result||Nov/Dec 2019|
|Tentative date of Region-wise counselling||Dec 2019 / Jan 2020|
|Final admission||Jan 2020|
Eligibility for Admission
In-service Nurses i.e. Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives (RNRM) having 10+2 with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with a minimum of two years experience (after registration as RNRM) in the profession. (For male nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM programme, should have a certificate in any of the Nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery). OR
In-service Nurses (RNRM) having 10th class (Matriculation) or its equivalent with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with a minimum of five years experience (after registration as RNRM) in the profession. (For males nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM programme, should have a certificate in any of the nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery).
Note: Candidates with less than two years of experience after RNRM should not apply.
Age Criteria: There is no maximum age limit.
Application Form for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing entrance examination is available in online mode at ignounursing.samarth.edu.in. Before filling up the online form for entrance test candidates need to register by providing active email address and mobile number. After the registration candidates have to fill the form and they have option to select the examination centre code of their choice as per instruction in form. After the final submission of form, download the filled in application form for further use in the counseling procedure for final admission.
How to Steps to fill the online application form for OPENNET – VIII (Entrance Test).
- Candidates are requested to visit the official website or Click the direct link which is provided on “application Form” page.
- Candidates have to REGISTRTION online and fill the required registration details.
- Fill the application form by login through UserName and password which is provided at the time of registration.
- During filling the application form you need to upload the Documents, Scanned passport size and Signature in prescribed format.
- After the final submission of form you need to pay the fee by Credit Card (Master/Visa), Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay), Net Banking etc.
- Applicants are advised to download the filled form and take the printout for further admission process.
Indira Gandhi National Open University will release admit card for the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2019 OPENNET-VIII after the application process gets over. Candidates will be able to download their admit card from the link that will be provided below. Candidates are required to keep the original admit card safe for counselling process.
Entrance Test – OPENNET VIII
Candidates will be required to apply/submit their entrance test form through online mode. It may be noted that the Programme Study Centres for Post Basic BSc Nursing are located only in Regional Centres. So candidates are requested to ensure that they fill the RC code/PSC code in their entrance test forms of only those regional centres where PSCs for Post Basic BSc Nursing are activated.
- Type of Question: Entrance test will comprise multiple choice questions (bearing one mark each) drawn from various subjects taught in GNM.
- Total number of Question Paper: 120
- Mode of Exam: The candidates will be provided OMR Sheet for marking the responses.
- Duration of the test: 150 minutes.
Note: Entrance test will be conducted on a scheduled date as decided by the university, in the centres identified all over the country.
IGNOU will announce the result of Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test OPENNET VIII. Qualifying in the Entrance Test does not mean an offer of admission. Candidates will be able to check the IGNOU OPENNET VIII results from the result page that will be provided below. Counselling for admission to Post Basic BSC Nursing Programme January 2020 session for qualified candidates will be done at respective regional centres based on region wise merit list/Rank and availability of seats.
Tie break Criteria
In case two or more applicants secure equal marks in the OPENNET – VIII, then inter-se ranking of such candidates shall be determined on the basis of the following method:
- Length of relevant experience: Experience will be counted from the date of registration as RNRM upto the last date of receipt of application form as mentioned in the advertisement. In case of Female candidates who have registered as RN & RM separately, the experience will be counted from the date of RM registration. However, in male candidates, it will be calculated from the date of RN registration upto the last date of receipt of the application form subject to the completion of the INC recognized course in lieu of midwifery before applying for the entrance test.
- Over all percentage of marks secured in GNM examination: If the tie does not get resolved, aggregate marks of GNM in all the three years will be considered for calculating the percentage/merit.
- Date of Birth: If the tie between the candidates still does not get resolved, date of birth will be considered. Candidates born earlier will have higher rank than those born later.
- Draw of Lot: If there is a tie even after applying all the above criteria, then the rank will be decided through a draw of lot.
Note: The OBC certificate of non creamy layer should not be more than three years old from the date of issuance till the last date of submission of application form. Income certificate also needs to be produced along with OBC(NC) certificate whenever required. The duration of experience, percentage of marks and the date of birth are being used for tie break. Information about all these three parameters mentioned in application form should match with the information available in the documents provided by you. In case, it does not match, the application form will be rejected.
Admission for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Programme for January, 2020 session will be done region wise on the basis of merit in common entrance test and merit will be displayed in the IGNOU website after the result of entrance test. Communication regarding the admission process will be done by concerned regional centre. So, contact the Regional Centre for further information.
Important points to be noted for admission
- The candidates who are offered admission are required to deposit the programme fee. Admission will be confirmed only after verification of original documents and receipt of Programme Fee. The fee once deposited will not be refunded.
- Students must mention their email ID and mobile phone number in the application form. Otherwise it will be their responsibility to collect updated information related to counseling. IGNOU will not be responsible for non-receipt of information in time.
- All the communication with candidates will be made only through the email ID and IGNOU website. Therefore, you should ensure that your email ID is functional, written correctly and legibly.
- Programme Study Centre once allotted will not be changed through out the period of study.
Candidates will be required to submit self attested copy of the following certificates at the time of Counselling/ Admission along with original copies of all the documents for verification during counseling which will be conducted at concerned regional centre:
- Original admit card for entrance test
- Certificate of date of birth (10th class certificate).
- 10+2 pass certificate.
- Valid RNRM Registration Certificate (In case of registration from more than one council, produce all the certificates at the time of admission counseling).
- Experience Certificate/s (On Letter Head of the competent authority with full name, date and signature with stamp). Experience will be counted after RNRM registration till the last date of receipt of application form by University.
- GNM Mark sheet (Including marksheet of all years).
- Certificate from the organization, where you are currently working, clearly indicating that you are presently working and in service.
- Category Certificate indicating reservation status for SC/ST/Non Creamy layer of OBC /PH/ Kashmiri Migrant/War Widow etc.
- Income certificate in case of Non creamy layer of OBC.
- Two (2) passport size photographs.
- Demand draft of `18,000/- towards 1st year admission fees in favour of IGNOU, payable at concerned regional centre (can vary from time to time).
The admission will be made Region wise, strictly on the basis of merit from the list of eligible candidates in each category after verification of the documents. The reservation policy will be followed as per Government of India rules.
Official website: ignou.ac.in
For more details about IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam – Download Information Brochure.