Important Dates for Diploma Programmes
|Availability of Application Forms||2nd February 2015|
|Last Date of Sale and Submission of Application Forms||20th May 2015|
|Entrance Examination||24th May 2015|
|Declaration of Result (1st List)||28th May 2015|
|Counseling of 1st list with fee at IICD, Jaipur||5th to 8th June 2015|
|Commencement of Academic Session 2015-16 (First Year of UG & PG Programme)||8th July 2015|
The next List may be declared after 8th June 2015.
IICD Admission 2015 Programmes Offered
IICD offers the following programmes for the academic Session 2015-16.
Under Graduate (UG) Professional Diploma in Craft Design. Duration: 4 Years (8 semesters). Specialization:
- Soft Material Application
- Hard Material Application
- Fired Material Application
Post Graduate (PG) Professional Diploma in Craft Design. Duration: 2 Years (4 semesters). Specialization:
- Soft Material Specialization
- Hard Material Specialization
- Fired Material Specialization
IICD Admission 2015 Eligibility
Under Graduate (UG) Professional Diploma in Craft Design: Candidate must pass 10+2 from a recognized board of education. Students appearing in the qualifying examination for 10+2 in the year 2015 are eligible to apply.
Post Graduate (PG) Professional Diploma in Craft Design: Candidate mus hold Recognized Degree or Diploma (minimum 3 years after 10+2) in Architecture / Design, Craft Design, Fashion / Fine Art, Home Science in Textiles & Clothing OR Artisan’s child/ward with 5 years direct work experience in hereditary traditional crafts after successful passing of Senior Higher Secondary Board Examination OR Graduates in any discipline with an aptitude towards craft, fashion or design.
Students appearing in the qualifying examination in the year 2015 are also eligible.
“Candidates appearing for their qualifying examinations can also apply. Their admission will be provisional and subject to obtaining the defined eligibility latest by 31st October 2015. In case any candidate fails to submit the defined eligibility certificates by due date, he/ she will not be able to continue his/her studies at IICD. In such cases, the semester tuition fee will not be refunded, however, the admission will be valid for the next year with the new semester fees provided the defined eligibility is obtained.”
NRI Admission Criteria
The Foreign Nationals / NRI candidates seeking admission to IICD must have required qualifications similar or equivalent to that required for Indian Candidates. The admission of Foreign Nationals / NRI candidates in various UG/ PG/ Certificate programmes of IICD is based on certain guidelines: The candidates selected under this category would need to obtain a valid residential permit or student visa for the prescribed duration of the programme and / or any other condition required as per the law of land (Government of India).
The medium of instruction at IICD is English and all aspirants applying to IICD are expected to possess working knowledge of English language.
Other Important Information NRI Admission Criteria
Reservation: 25% of seats are reserved for students who are domicile residents of Rajasthan.
Weightage of the Tests/Interview as follows:
|General Awareness, Creativity & Perception Test||35%|
|Material, Color & Conceptual Test||45%|
General Awareness, Creativity & Perception Test: Test is designed to judge the abilities such as estimation of sizes and proportion, observation, synthesis and visual interpretation and general awareness.
Material, Color & Conceptual Test: This test will assess the following abilities:
- Intelligent use of materials, conceptualize and realize a 3 dimensional form, skill of handling material.
- To observe, think and expand ideas, create solution based on a plan and strategy.
- Ability to provide multiple solutions to the given problem with written description.
Material required for Material, Color & Conceptual Test: You must bring pens, pencils (2B, 4B & 6B), scissor, scale, cello tape, paper cutter, fevistick, eraser, color pencils/dry pastels/water color etc.
Interview of Final Selected Candidates: To evaluate the individual personality in the prospective candidates:
- Aptitude to crafts
- Intelligence quotient (IQ)
- Communication Ability
- General Awareness about Crafts & Design
- Overall Personal Achievements in academics and co-curricular activities.
|Particulars||For Indian Nationals
|For Foreign Nationals /
|1.||Admission Fee (One time, non-refundable payment)||3,000/-||10,000/-|
|2.||Semester Tuition Fee||90,000/-||2,70,000/-|
|3.||IICD Alumni Fund (One time, non-refundable payment)||1,000/-||1,000/-|
|4.||Security Deposit (Refundable)||10,000/-||10,000/-|
|6.||Semester Hostel Fee||15,000/-||30,000/-|
|7.||Semester Mess Fee||18,000/-||36,000/-|
|8.||Hostel Security Deposit (Refundable)||5,000/-||5,000/-|
- The above fee structure is applicable to students joining from academic year commencing from 8th July 2015. There are two semesters in one academic year.
- If a student fails to pay the fees on or before due date, or does not report to the institute even after three weeks of commencement of Academic Session (academic session commences on 8th July 2015), his/her admission shall be liable to be cancelled.
- All the students will have to avail Mediclaim insurance facility of minimum Rs.50,000 per annum for the complete duration of their respective courses for e.g. UG-4yeras and PG – 2 years etc. The students will have to obtain the Mediclaim Insurance Policy on their own and submit the policy documents latest by 31stOct. 2015.
- The Institute reserves the right to revise the fees through prior notice to the students and his/her parents/guardians.
- IICD reserves the right to revise the Hostel & Mess fees at any stage with prior notice.