IICD Admission 2016 – Indian Institute of Crafts & Design offers various UG and PG Professional Diploma Programme for the academic session 2016 – 17. Candidates can check all the details like programme details, application form, eligibility criteria from this page given below.
IICD Admission 2016 Programmes Offered and Seats
IICD offers the following programmes for the academic Session 2016-17.
Under Graduate (UG) Professional Diploma in Craft Design. Duration: 4 Years (8 semesters). Specialization:
- Soft Material Application – Seats 25
- Hard Material Application – Seats 25
- Fired Material Application – Seats 25
- Fashion Design – Seats 25
Post Graduate (PG) Professional Diploma in Craft Design. Duration: 2 Years (4 semesters). Specialization:
- Soft Material Specialization – Seats 20
- Hard Material Specialization – Seats 20
- Fired Material Specialization – Seats 20
Schedule for IICD Admission 2016 is given below.
|Availability of Application Forms||23rd December 2015|
|Last Date of Submission of Application Form||25th May 2016|
|Availability of Admit Card||27th May 2016|
|Date of Entrance Test||29th May 2016|
|Declaration of Result (1st List)||31st May 2016|
|Last Date of Fee Submission||10th June 2016|
|Commencement of new session||06th July 2016|
- The next List may be declared after 10th June 2016.
- The above schedule may be revised due to any unavoidable circumstances.
IICD Admission 2016 Eligibility
Under Graduate (UG) Professional Diploma in Craft Design
- Candidate must pass 10+2 from a recognized board of education. Students appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
Post Graduate (PG) Professional Diploma in Craft Design
- Recognized Degree or Diploma (minimum 3 years after 10+2) in Architecture / Design, Craft Design, Fashion / Fine Art, Home Science in Textiles & Clothing. or
- Artisan’s ward with 5 years direct work experience in hereditary traditional crafts after successful passing of Senior Higher Secondary Board Examination. or
- Graduates in any discipline with an aptitude towards craft, fashion or design
Students appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
“Candidates appearing for their qualifying examinations can also apply. Their admission will be provisional and subject to obtaining the defined eligibility latest by 31st October 2016. In case any candidate fails to submit the defined eligibility certificates by due date, he/ she will not be able to continue his/her studies at IICD. In such cases, the semester tuition fee will not be refunded, however, the admission will be valid for the next year with the new semester fees provided the defined eligibility is obtained.”
NRI Admission Criteria
The Foreign Nationals / NRI candidates seeking admission to IICD must have required qualifications similar or equivalent to that required for Indian Candidates. The admission of Foreign Nationals / NRI candidates in various UG/ PG/ Certificate programmes of IICD is based on certain guidelines: The candidates selected under this category would need to obtain a valid residential permit or student visa for the prescribed duration of the programme and / or any other condition required as per the law of land (Government of India).
The medium of instruction at IICD is English and all aspirants applying to IICD are expected to possess working knowledge of English language.
The Admission form submitted on or before due date will be processed for Entrance Test.
Entrance Test Centres
The IICD Entrance Test will be conducted at six locations as mentioned in the box. The candidate can indicate his/her choices of 3 (three) Test centers in order of preferences.
Note : IICD reserves the right to cancel or change the test center/date.
IICD Admission 2016 Other Important Information
Reservation: 25% of seats are reserved for students who are domicile residents of Rajasthan.
Weightage of the Tests/Interview as follows:
|General Awareness, Creativity & Perception Test||35%|
|Material, Color & Conceptual Test||45%|
General Awareness, Creativity & Perception Test: Test is designed to judge the abilities such as estimation of sizes and proportion, observation, synthesis and visual interpretation and general awareness.
Material, Color & Conceptual Test: This test will assess the following abilities:
- Intelligent use of materials, conceptualize and realize a 3 dimensional form, skill of handling material.
- To observe, think and expand ideas, create solution based on a plan and strategy.
- Ability to provide multiple solutions to the given problem with written description.
Material required for Material, Color & Conceptual Test: You must bring pens, pencils (2B, 4B & 6B), scissor, scale, cello tape, paper cutter, fevistick, eraser, color pencils/dry pastels/water color etc.
Interview of Final Selected Candidates: To evaluate the individual personality in the prospective candidates:
- Aptitude to crafts
- Intelligence quotient (IQ)
- Communication Ability
- General Awareness about Crafts & Design
- Overall Personal Achievements in academics and co-curricular activities.