IIIT-Delhi will soon be inviting applications IIIT Delhi B.Tech Admission 2015. Students have to apply online, starting 7th July 2015 through the Joint Admission Counselling (JAC) Delhi Portal. Students who wish to seek admission in B.Tech courses in IIIT Delhi can see the admission procedure below and apply accordingly for Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi. Students will submit IIIT Delhi Online Application Form www.iiitd.ac.in w.e.f 7th July 2015 (Tuesday) or declaration of JEE Main (2015) results, whichever is later.
IIIT Delhi B.Tech Admission 2015
IIITD B.Tech Admission is based on total marks obtained in Paper 1 of JEE Main 2015, normalized score in Class 12th as provided by JEE, and bonus marks (if any) for achievements in various areas like Olympiads, programming contest, national talent search, sports, culture, chess, etc. Details about the criteria and reservations is given below. IIITD Admissions for foreign nationals/PIOs/NRIs will be through DASA.
|Release of IIIT Delhi Application Form 2015||7 July 2015|
|Last date for IIIT Delhi Online Application Submission||14 July 2015|
|Display of Merit List||16 July 2015|
|IIIT Delhi Counselling||18 July 2015|
IIIT Delhi Admission 2014 Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech
A candidate who has secured 80% or more marks in the aggregate and 80% or more in Mathematics in class XII from CBSE/ICSE/IB board or equivalent. If a board has more then five subjects for aggregate, then best five will be taken. Relaxation for reserved categories is as follows: 10% for SC/ST; 5% for CW; 5% for PH; 5% for OBC.
A candidate should be less than 25 years of age as on the first October.
IIIT Delhi Seats
The number of seats for the CSE & ECE programs starting in 2015 is 110 & 70 respectively, of which 85% are reserved for Delhi students and 15% for outside Delhi students. (One supernumerary seat is reserved for Kashmiri Migrants and twelve supernumerary seats are reserved for foreign nationals, NRI’s, PIO’s).
IIITD Admission 2015 will be based on the total marks obtained in Paper 1 of JEE Main 2015 and normalised score in Class 12th as provided by JEE (60% & 40% weightage respectively). In addition up to 10 bonus marks will be given to candidates as mentioned below.
- Olympiads: 10 marks, if the student was selected for the summer training camp for selection of the final team for International Olympiad (i.e. IOITC, IMOTC, OCSC for Physics, Chemistry, or Biology).
- Procon Junior programming contest: 10 marks for the medal winners; 6 marks for those who got certificates of Achievement.
- National Talent Search scholarship: 6 marks if a student has won this scholarship. If a student gets this in a category, then he/she can only be considered in that category.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY): 6 marks if a student has qualified for this scholarship. If a student gets this in a category, then he/she can only be considered in that category.
- Sports: If a student has represented a state in any sport in “priority discipline” (as per terminology used by SGFI), except Chess (as Chess is dealt with separately), in National School Games organized by a School Games Federation of India, under U19 or U17 category. 6 marks if the individual has received a Gold/Silver/Bronze medal or for participation.
- Chess-FIDE rating players: 10 marks for those whose FIDE rating is above 1800; 6 marks for those whose FIDE rating is below 1800.
- Culture: 6 marks for those Student who have received “Scholarship to Young Artistes“ given by Ministry of Culture, Government of India, or “Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme” given by Centre for Cultural Resources and Training Autonomous Body under the Aegis of Ministry of Culture, Government of India
Placement Stats 2015
B. Tech (CSE), M. Tech (CSE) & M. Tech (ECE)
- Students registered for placement: 190
- Number of companies visited: 78 (24 A+ & 54 A)
- Total Offers: 221 (194 full time + 27 intern offers)
- Full time :A+ Offers: 52 (CTC => 10 lakhs); A Offers: 142 (5 lakhs < CTC < 10 lakhs)
- Indian offers: 221
- Highest salary (Indian) : 31 lacs for BTech & 25 Lacs for MTech
- Average BTech Package: 9.88 lacs
- Average MTech CSE Package: 9.01 lacs
- Overall Average salary: 9.33 lacs
- Percentage % : BTech 98% MTech CSE 85%
IIIT Delhi Information Brochure for Admission to B.Tech (CSE) and B.Tech (ECE)
You can view or download the brochure as given below.
Please note that this information brochure is for academic session 2014-2015. New Information Brochure will be updated as its available officially.
About IIIT Delhi
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (IIIT Delhi) was created by an Act of Delhi Government in 2008. Since then it has gained a high degree of respect within the academic community, and is widely regarded as one of the top Institutions in the country for research and education in IT areas – in particular Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), and Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE). Its faculty is among the finest in the country (all regular faculty members have PhD, with about two-thirds of them having PhD from the US or Europe), and it attracts the best students to its programs.
Indraprastha Institute of Inf. Tech. (IIIT) Delhi, Okhla Phase –III
Ist Floor, Academic Building, Near Govindpuri Metro Station, New Delhi- 110020
E-Mail: All queries may be sent to btech-admissionsiiitd.ac.in, however no individual replies will be sent. Replies /clarifications (if any) will be posted only on the FAQ page of institute’s website.
Are you looking forward to admission in IIIT Delhi? Feel free to ask your queries and doubts in the comments below.