IIM Selection Criteria 2016 for IIM Admission through CAT.
IIM Selection Criteria 2016 is published by each IIM individually. All the IIMs are the most sought after B Schools in India. The admission in IIMs is done in two levels. The first is to appear in CAT and qualify the test. IIM Selection Criteria 2016-2018 enlists the minimum percentile required in CAT 2015 exam which is required to be eligible for IIM Admissions. On basis of the IIM CAT cut offs, candidates are shortlisted for the next stage. IIM Admission Criteria 2016 includes shortlisting of candidates and then appearing for PI and WAT. Points are awarded for past academic performance, PI-WAT, Work Experience and other factors. Given here are details of IIM Selection Criteria 2016-2018 for each IIM.
Detailed information of IIM Selection Criteria 2016 for IIM Admissions through CAT.
- IIM Ahmedabad Selection Criteria.
- IIM Bangalore Selection Criteria.
- IIM Calcutta Selection Criteria.
- IIM Lucknow Selection Criteria.
- IIM Indore Selection Criteria
- IIM Kozhikode Selection Criteria.
- IIM Shillong Selection Criteria
- IIM Ranchi Selection Criteria
- IIM Raipur Selection Criteria
- IIM Rohtak Selection Criteria
- IIM Sambalpur Selection Criteria
- IIM Trichy Selection Criteria
- IIM Udaipur Selection Criteria
- IIM Kashipur Selection Criteria.
Total IIM Seats – IIMs seats for PGP and related courses.
The number of seats are subject to change, they are referred from last year’s data.
** There were 3265 seats in 2013. This was increased to 3335 in 2014. The seats in IIMs for 2016-2018 admissions will be published after CAT results.
The number of seats in IIMs has increased steadily over the past few years. On the other hand, the number of CAT test takers has decreased. From 241000 MBA aspirants who appeared for CAT in 2010, the number has gone down to less than 2,00,000.
The competition for IIM Admissions remain tough as ever. For each MBA aspirant wishes to get admission in one of the esteemed Indian Institute of Management. The first thing is to score high in CAT. You need to achieve the minimum cut off percentile. Also, you need to be aware of the IIM Selection Criteria 2016. Points are given to each applicant for marks scored in class 10th and 12th. Also there is separate weightage for work experience. Apart from this, your performance in WAT and PI matter a lot.
IIM Admission 2016
The Indian Institutes of Management conduct the Common Admission Test. This year the CAT 2015 is being held on 29th November, 2015. Soon after the CAT results are declared, list of shortlisted candidates is published. There are two main stages.
- IIM Shortlisting on basis of CAT Cut Offs.
- Written Admission Test (WAT) or Group Discussion (GD).
- Personal Interview (PI).
The first level is qualifying CAT and clearing the cut off. This is a common test to be taken by all who seek admission in IIMs. The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) admission seekers must appear in CAT. The next level consisting of WAT/GD, PI and shortlisting is done by individual IIMs. Each IIM publishes its separate criteria and details. The dates of GD/WAT and PI are fixed in accordance of each IIM and candidates are intimated accordingly.
IIM Shortlisting Criteria 2016 – Candidates are shortlisted on basis of minimum CAT percentile requirement. The CAT IIM cut offs are declared by IIMs in the selection process details. List of shortlisted candidates is published soon after CAT results.
WAT / GD-PI – Earlier GD used to be conducted. Now most of the IIMs have replaced this with the WAT. Some of them have neither GD nor WAT, only PI. Weightage is given to each stage and final score calculated accordingly.
Factors important for high score in IIM Selection Criteria 2015. – The following factors are considered while calculating the final score.
- CAT exam score.
- Class 10th marks.
- Class 12th marks.
- Bachelor’s degree marks.
- Work experience.
- Gender diversity.
How to get a call from IIMs?
It is a fact that simply scoring high in CAT is not enough. To get a call from IIMs, to get shortlisted, you need to know the nitty gritties of the selection process.
Each of the IIMs have a very elaborate procedure for admitting students. Some look for students with consistent academic records. Some look for a diverse background. There are some who focus more on CAT and GD-PI performance. To know which IIM you have most chances in, read ahead.
IIM Ahmedabad Admission – Know about Application Rating, PI, WAT, and Final Selection.
- Application Rating Score (AR)=0.5*A+1.5*B+2.5*C. Here A = points relative to class 10 score, B is for class 12th marks, and C is for percentage score in Bachelor’s degree. Thus, having a good past academic record is very important.
- Next comes the WAT and PI rounds. Here score is calculated as CS = 0.50 (Normalized PI Score) + 0.10 (Normalized AWT Score) + 0.40 (Normalized CAT Total Score).
IIM Bangalore Selection and Admissions.
- First of all candidates are shortlisted on basis of CAT score. It is important to clear the minimum cut off set by the IIM B. After that class 10th and 12th marks are taken into consideration.Also the scores of bachelor’s degree is included. Candidates from CA, CS are added points under professional courses.
- Further, the score for work experience is calculated.
- Standardized score is computed from the raw score.
- This is followed by the Personal Interview (PI).
IIM Calcutta – Clearing cut off, Calculation of Composite Scores, Criteria for Final Selection.
- The first stage comprises of achieving minimum CAT percentile section wise, and overall.
- Only those who get a minimum cut off will be eligible for score calculation of composite score.
- For the composite scores, points and weights to the following factors are given. – CAT 2015 score, class 10 marks, class 12 marks, gender diversity factor. On the basis of this composite score, candidates are called for interview and WAT.
- Final score calculation is on the basis of WAT, PI, CAT score, bachelor’s degree background, PG, work experience.
IIM Lucknow Selection Criteria 2016 and Admissions.
- Candidates will need to clear a minimum CAT 2015 cut off.
- Further scoring will be done on basis of seven factors – (1)CAT Score; (2)Class X marks; (3)Class XII marks; (4) Graduation marks; (5) Work experience; (6a) Diversity factor according to graduation; (6b) Diversity factor according to gender.
- Candidates shortlisted on basis of this merit list will be called for GD and PI.
- Evaluation will be done for WAT, GD, PI.
- The final score will be calculated on basis of Stage 1 and Stage 2 lists.
Total Number of seats in Older IIMs
|S. No.||IIMs||Total No. of Seats-2014|
Intake and shortlisting.
|Category||Planned Intake||To be Shortlisted|
Total Number of seats in New IIMs
|New IIMs||Number of seats|
To know more about IIM Selection Criteria 2016 and about details of IIM Admission, please visit official IIMs websites. The list candidates shortlisted on basis of CAT score and other factors will be uploaded on IIM websites individually. The official website for CAT exam is www.iimcat.ac.in.