IISc Application Form 2014 for Admission to UG Courses
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to IISC Bangalore for the academic session 2014-15. IISC Online Application forms are available at the portal admissions.iisc.ernet.in from 3rd February 2014 to 30th April 2014.
Filling the Application Form (available only online)
- The online application may be prepared and submitted by accessing the IISc website with effect from 03.02.2014. The online application must be submitted on or before 30.04.2014.
- The application fee is Rs. 400 for GN/OBC/KM candidates and Rs. 200 for SC/ST/PH categories.
Payment of the Application Fee: Mode of payment options available are
- Online Payment – Net-banking, Visa Card/ Master Card, Debit/Credit Cards.
- Offline Payment – SBI/Canara Bank branches accept Challan payment across the country. The bank service charge is extra (to be borne by the applicants).
Instructions for completing the IISC online application form
- Candidates are required to apply online for admission to UG and PG courses at IISC Bangalore.
- No offline application forms will be available.
Authorities Empowered To Issue Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Class Certificates
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate / City Magistrate / Sub-divisional Magistrate / Taluk Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his/her family normally resides.
- Administrator / Secretary to Adminstrator / Development Officer (Lakshadweep Islands)
The last date to apply for IISC admissions is 30th April 2014.
IISc Application Form 2014
IISc Application Form 2014 Instructions
Step 1: Register with your e-mail address and password to start the online application process by clicking on “New User Registration/Login” link on the left side of the main UG Admissions webpage.
Registration form for IISc Online Application
- Name of the candidate: Enter your name as it appears in 10th STD certificate. It cannot be altered at a later stage in the application
- Nationality: BS programme is offered only to Indian Nationals including those holding OCI Card
(Persons of Indian origin holding non-Indian passports are eligible to apply for admission to the academic programmes of IISc provided they hold an Overseas Citizenship of India as per section 7B(1) of the Indian Citizenship Act, 1955. In addition, they need to satisfy all the eligibility criteria for admission prescribed for Indian citizens.)
- Password: Choose password of your choice.
- Date of Birth: Enter your date of birth as it appears in your 10th STD certificate.
- Category: Select your category, make sure you click on the right category, as it cannot bechanged later (except General category, all others must upload a scanned copy of the caste certificate).
- Email Address: Enter your e-mail address.
- Security Question:
- Security Answer: Enter the answer for the question you have chosen above.
When you submit the registration form, you will receive an e-mail asking you to verify your e-mail address by clicking on a link.
After the e-mail address is verified, your registration is complete.
Step 2: Log in to the website to fill the application form. You will need information about/fromthe following documents, so have them handy.
- Certificate / Mark sheets of: 10th Std, 12th Std.
- Details (Registration/Roll Number, Score etc.) of KVPY/IIT-JEE/ AIPMT.
- Payment Option : Decide the mode of payment you prefer towards the application fee. Modesof payment available are: (i) Offline – Challan payment (SBI/Canara Bank ) (ii) Online – Netbanking, Visa Card/Master Card, Debit/Credit Cards. The application fee is `400 for GN/OBCand `200 for SC/ST/PH candidates (bank charges extra). Bank Charge for challan payment: SBI /Canara Bank –Rs 25.
- A scanned image of your passport size photograph (to be uploaded).
- A scanned image of your signature (to be uploaded).
- A scanned image of the signature of your parent/guardian (to be uploaded).
- A scanned image of your caste certificate, if applicable (to be uploaded).
The Application Form is divided into four sections, each appearing inside a separate tab
- You have to fill all the details (especially mandatory fields) within a given tab, then click on the “Save & Proceed” button to proceed to the next tab.
- Unless you fill the mandatory fields in a tab, you will not be allowed to move to the nexttab.
- On clicking the “Save & Proceed” button, if the browser does not take you to the next tab,it means some mandatory fields have not been filled (correctly), if this happens, look forerror messages which are displayed in red.
- Detailed instructions for filling the fields in each tab are given below.
TAB 1: Personal Details
- Name of the candidate: has been taken from your Registration form. You cannot edit/changeit now.
- Date of Birth: has been taken from your Registration form. You cannot edit/change it now.
- Email Address: has been taken from your Registration form. You cannot edit/change it now.
- Nationality: has been taken from your Registration form.
In case any information in items 1 to 4 is incorrect in the Registration Form you are advised to re-register with a new email address and repeat the entire procedure.
- Gender: Choose your gender by clicking on the appropriate radio button.
- State of domicile: Select state of domicile from the drop-down menu.
- Mother Tongue: Select your mother tongue from the drop-down menu.
- Category: Choose your category by clicking on the appropriate radio button.
- OBC - Sub classification: will appear if you choose Other backward class. Again select the appropriate one of these radio buttons. Candidates must ensure that they appear in the Central List.
- Sub category: Choose one from the radio buttons if appropriate.
- Contact Details: Provide your contact details by filling the text boxes and making the choice from the drop-down menu for ‘State’.
- Passport size photograph: Click on the space provided and upload the file for yourphotograph in jpeg, gif, tiff, or png format (Note: the file should not exceed 1 Mb).
- Scanned image of your signature: Click on the space provided and upload the scanned imageof your signature in jpeg, gif, tiff, or png format.
- Scanned image of your parent’s/guardian’s signature: Click on the space provided and upload the scanned image of the signature of your parent/guardian in jpeg, gif, tiff, or pngformat.
- Scanned image of your caste certificate (other than General candidates): Click on thespace provided and upload your PH / KM /caste certificate in jpeg, gif, tiff, or png formats.
Note: On clicking the “Save & Proceed” button, if the browser does not take you to the next tab, itmeans some mandatory fields have not been filled (correctly); if this happens look for error messages which are displayed in red.
TAB 2: Details of qualification
In this tab you will provide details of marks/grades you obtained in the 10th Std and 12th Stdexaminations.
Each of these exams is to be selected from the “Qualification” drop-down menu in item 1. For example, you choose 10th Std from the drop-down menu, and after entering all the details, you pressthe “SAVE” button. In the right side bar entitled “Entry Status” (see the picture above) you will see a green tick mark against 10th Std.
Now select the next exam in the “Qualification” drop-down menu and fill the details.
The right side bar entitled “Entry Status” provides visual feedback to you about the details of whatyou have filled.
- Qualification: choose from the drop-down menu.
- SSLC/10th Standard: Select the year of passing from the pop-up menu. Fill in the schoolname and place; select the board you studied from the pop-up menu. Enter the aggregatepercentage of marks or CGPA in scale of 10 (in all the subjects, including languages).Enter the overall letter grade if your Board awards only letter grades.
- II PUC/12th Standard: Select the year of passing from the pop up menu. Fill in the schoolname and place; select the board you studied from the pop-up menu. Enter the aggregate percentage of marks or CGPA in scale of 10 (in all the subjects, including languages) and the main subjects you studied. Enter the overall letter grade if your Board awards onlyletter grades.
On clicking the “Save & Proceed” button, if the browser does not take you to the next tab, itmeans some mandatory fields have not been filled (correctly); if this happens look for errormessages which are displayed in red.
TAB 3: National Entrance Test
Details of KVPY/IIT-JEE/ AIPMT:
- If appeared in KVPY-SA 2012 and selected for the Fellowship or Mentorship, give yourRoll Number and rank. The Roll Number is the letter ”A” followed by a 7 digit number.This is the number that you were provided with when you applied for the Fellowship.
- If appeared in KVPY-SB 2013/SX 2013, give your Roll Number and leave the rankcolumn blank, if the final result is not known. Update the rank immediately after thedeclaration of the results. The Roll number is the letter ”B” followed by a 7 digitnumber for KVPY-SB and the letter “X” followed by a seven digit number for KVPY-SX.This is the number that you were provided with when you applied for the Fellowship.
- If appeared in KVPY-SB 2013/SX 2013 Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates(you must select KVPY-SB-E or KVPY-SX-E appropriately from the drop down menu), give your Roll Number and leave the rank column blank, if the final result is not known.Update the rank immediately after the declaration of the results. The Roll number isthe letter ”B” followed by a 7 digit number for KVPY-SB and the letter “X” followed by aseven digit number for KVPY-SX. This is the number that you were provided with when you applied for the Fellowship.
- If appeared/appearing in 2014 JEE/AIPMT, give your Roll Number and leave the marks column blank. In the case of JEE (both Main and Advanced – you must select JEE-Main for Main, and JEE-Adv for Advanced from the drop down menu), the Roll Number refers to the registration number that is mentioned in your admit card for the examination.Please note that this number is not the application number. In the case of AIPMT,the number you must enter is the roll number given in your admit card. The above numbers will be available to you only when you receive the admit cards for the respective examinations. Update online the Marks you obtained immediately after the declaration of the results.
Note: If appeared/appearing for more than one tests, then click on the “Save” button after entering the particulars for one test and then enter the particulars for another test. This will allow you to enter multiple test particulars. Click on the “Save & Proceed” button after entering the details of all the tests. If the browser does not take you to the next tab, it means that some mandatory fields have not been filled (correctly); if this happens, look for error messages which are displayed in red.
TAB 4: Application Fees
- Fee Amount: Will display automatically as per your category (`400 for GN/OBC & `200 forSC/ST/PH candidates, plus the bank charges).
- Mode of Payment: Decide the mode of payment you would prefer towards the applicationfees. The options available are : (i) Offline – Challan payment (SBI/Canara Bank ) (ii) Online -Net banking, Visa Card/Master Card, Debit/Credit Cards. The application fee is `400 forGN/OBC and `200 for SC/ST/PH candidates (bank charges extra). Bank Charges for challan payment: SBI /Canara Bank – Rs25.DO NOT MAKE SECOND TIME PAYMENT. If you got a transaction ID for having made payment, just check the application status after 24 hours.After 24 hours you must login to Online Applicant Interface and edit the application by clicking on the application “Number” then click on the “National Entrance Test Details” tab then again click on the “Next Screen” button which will take you to the “Application Fee” screen with the “Proceed” button enabled. Click on the “Proceed” button and submit the application form. If you still have any queries about fillingthe application form you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Update the Payment reference No: Once payment is made at the Bank counter, login and update the Journal Number in case of Challan Payment to complete your application. You must scan the Institute’s copy of the challan and upload the same in your login page after updating the journal number.
When you complete the application form you will see the PREVIEW screen,
Please preview your application form by clicking the ‘Preview your Application form’ button.
On clicking the “Preview your Application form” button, you will get a PDF file of the preview copy ofyour Application form. Go through it carefully to verify all the details. If you find any errors, go back to the online Application form by clicking the ‘EDIT’ button and correct them. Preview this version again to ensure that all the corrections have been incorporated.
Repeat this process until your Application form is completely and correctly filled.
Be careful because you CANNOT edit/change the application form (except for entrance test details etc) after you SUBMIT the application form.
After satisfying yourself about the correctness of the application form, press the “CONFIRM TO SUBMIT” Button.
This will give you the PDF file of your application form. Store it carefully for your records.
If you have any queries, please ask in comments below.
Most of the visitors viewed this page for:
|application form of iisc||iisc correction date||iisc form filling 2014||iisc online apply||iisc 2014 online form fill up date|