IISc 2016 Admission (UG) is for the Bachelor of Science program. Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore will offer admission to eligible candidates on the basis of their performance in KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advanced, AIPMT. Interested and eligible students can apply online for IISc Bangalore Admission 2016 as per the schedule. Candidates who have marks more than the IISc 2016 Cut Off for the respective exam will be able to attend counselling for admission.
Latest – Date for next counselling based on other National entrance exams will be informed during the second week of June.
IISc 2016 Admission
Undergraduate program offered by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore, is four-year Bachelor of Science (research). The number of seats usually offered is 120. Till a few years back, the institute used to conduct an entrance exam, known as the IISc Entrance Exam. However now, the IISc 2016 Admission is being done on the basis of the following exams.
- KVPY SA, SB, SX – KVPY is the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana.
- IIT JEE Main – Joint Entrance Examination Main is held by the Central Board of Secondary Education.
- IIT JEE Advanced – Joint Entrance Examination Advanced is held by the Indian Institutes of Technology.
- AIPMT – All India Pre-Medical / Dental Test is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education.
Apart from appearing in the above exams, qualifying them, and getting minimum marks prescribed by IISc, the candidate has to fill and submit the IISc 2016 Application Form. Relevant details of IISc UG Admission 2016-2017 have been announced by the Indian Institute of Science in the last week of January. Candidates who wish to pursue graduation from IISc can get here complete details of IISc 2016 Admission (UG) including eligibility, application form, results (list of shortlisted candidates), cut-offs, important dates.
|IISc 2016 Application Form available online from||01 Feb 2016|
|Last date for submission of online applications||29 Apr 2016|
|Declaration of result (offer of admission) cut-offs for KVPY||27 May 2016|
|Declaration of result (offer of admission) cut-offs for JEE, AIPMT||Second week of Jun 2016 (Expected)|
Such students who are interested in studying at the Indian Institute of Science (IISC) Bangalore should go to the online application form any time after 01 Feb 2016. IISc 2016 Application Form should be filled by entering correct and valid details, and the requisite fee should be paid before the last date of submission of online IISC UG Admission 2016 application form. Candidate must have appeared in / will appear in relevant exam such as KVPY SA, KVPY SB, KVPY SX, JEE Main, JEE Advanced, AIPMT. Dates for these exams are announced separately by the bodies that conduct these exams. The marks scored in these exams should be submitted in the application form as and when it is asked for. The offer for admission were sent to applicants who got selected, starting from the 27 May 2016. Declaration of IISc 2016 Admission Results, or offer of admission, depends upon result declaration of the exams on the basis of which the admission is being offered.
Second Round of Counseling for the IISc B.Sc Admission 2016 shall be carried out on the basis of National Exams such as JEE, AIPMT. The candidates who will be offered admission in this round shall be intimidated by IISc and such candidates will have to report for the Second counseling. The Exact date for Second Counseling is not yet notified, but, it is expected to be carried out in second week of June 2016.
We will update the latest information about IISc 2nd Counseling here as soon as the official announcement is made.
A counselling session was held for the selected candidates on May 27, 2016 in the IISc campus for the candidates who were selected on the basis of KYPY Ranks. The details of the first round of IISc Counseling are given below.
- Offers were made to general category applicants selected with ranks of up to 280, 2 and 280 for the KVPY-SA, SB and SX streams respectively.
- Offers were made to all OBC(NCL) category applicants selected in KVPY SA and SX streams.
- Offers were made to SC category applicants selected with ranks of up to 70 for both KVPY-SA-E and KVPY-SX-E streams.
- Offers were made to all ST category applicants selected in KVPY-SA-E and KVPY-SX-E streams.
- Offers were also made to PH category applicants selected with ranks of up to 4 and 3 for the KVPY-SA-E and KVPY-SX-E streams respectively.
- Offer letters have been sent to these candidates by email.
Please note that participation in the counselling session is mandatory for confirming your seat in the Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme. Candidates should produce the offer letter from KVPY at the time of counseling.
IISc 2016 Application Form has been issued at iisc.ernet.in. Before proceeding to fill up the application form of IISc UG Admission 2016, candidate must ensure that he / she is eligible or not. Moreover, one must also have appeared in KVPY and qualified, or will be appearing in JEE Main or JEE Advanced or AIPMT.
The mode of submitting application form for IISc Admission is online only. Candidate can go to the online application form (link for more details given above), enter details in the form, upload documents, pay application fee.
The application fee is Rs 500 for GN / OBC / KM candidates, and Rs 250 for SC / ST / PWD candidates.
Almost three months’ window is available to complete the application form submission.
Candidates who satisfy the IISc 2016 Admission eligibility conditions only must apply. The conditions of eligibility for IISc UG Admission 2016-2017 indicate mainly the educational qualification required in order to study undergraduate program in the Indian Institute of Science.
- Candidate must have completed class 10+2 or equivalent exam in 2015 or is going to complete it in 2016.
- Candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as main subjects in 10+2 with other main or subsidiary subjects.
- Minimum marks that candidate should have secured is first class (60%) in qualifying exam. For SC / ST candidates, this relaxed to pass class.
IISc 2016 Admission – Selection through KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advanced, AIPMT
Selection of Candidates Through KVPY
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is conducted every year by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. For IISc UG Admission 2016, the following KVPY candidates can apply.
- KVPY-SA (appeared in 2014, and selected for the Fellowship),
- KVPY-SB (appeared in 2015, and selected for the Fellowship),
- KVPY-SX (appeared in 2015, and selected for the Fellowship),
- KVPY Fellows selected through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates.
Admission in IISc through KVPY shall be based on merit list. Candidates will be placed in merit as per rank obtained in the respective KVPY SA, KVPY SB, and KVPY SX exams. While filling up the application form, one must enter correct roll number of KVPY so that respective rank can be determined.
Selection of Candidates Through JEE Main
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main is conducted by CBSE. Those who are appearing in JEE Main 2016 scheduled to be held in the month of April, 2016 can apply for IISc UG admission 2016.
|Category||Minimum marks in JEE Main 2016 for IISc 2016 Admission|
|SC / ST / PH||30%|
The list of candidates selected on the basis of JEE Main 2016 for IISc UG admission 2016 will be announced after JEE Main Results are announced by CBSE. Dates for the IISc results declaration shall be announced in due time.
Selection of Candidates Through JEE Advanced
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced is conducted by IITs. Those who are appearing in JEE Advanced 2016 scheduled to be held in the month of May 2016 can apply for IISc UG admission 2016. Candidates may please note that to appear in IIT JEE Advanced, one must clear the JEE Mains exam first.
|Category||Minimum marks in JEE Advanced 2016 for IISc 2016 Admission|
|SC / ST / PH||30%|
The list of candidates selected on the basis of JEE Advanced 2016 for IISc UG admission 2016 will be announced after IIT JEE Advanced Results are announced by IITs. Dates for the IISc results declaration shall be announced in due time.
Selection of Candidates Through AIPMT
The All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) is conducted by CBSE. Those who are appearing in AIPMT 2016 scheduled to be held in the month of May 2016 can apply for IISc UG admission 2016.
|Category||Minimum marks in AIPMT 2016 for IISc 2016 Admission|
|SC / ST / PH||30%|
The list of candidates selected on the basis of AIPMT 2016 for IISc UG admission 2016 will be announced after AIPMT Results are announced by CBSE. Dates for the IISc results declaration shall be announced in due time.
IISc 2016 Admission Offers
Once the applications are received, and candidates’ marks obtained in the respective exams is known the institute, candidates are placed in order or merit. A cut off percentage is determined for admission through each stream (KVPY SA, KVPY SB, KVPY SX, JEE Main, JEE Advanced, AIPMT).
Candidates whose marks are more than the IISc 2016 Cut Off, will be offered admissions to the four year Bachelor of Science (Research) programme.
It is expected that the first admission offer will be made in the month of May 2016.
Additional admission offers are expected to be made in the months of June and July 2016.
Classes usually commence in the month of August.
Brief highlights of IISC 2016 Admission
- The selection will be based on the performance of the applied candidates in any one of the national examinations listed above.
- A separate merit list of candidates who have applied will be prepared for each of these national examinations and the seats will be offered based on the performance in the examination and the number of seats available.
- A candidate who has qualified in multiple examinations listed above will be included in all the appropriate merit lists.
- Separate merit lists will be prepared for candidates belonging to different reserved categories, as per standard Government of India regulations.
Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/Physically-Handicapped (PH) and Kashmiri-Migrant (KM) candidates: As per Government of India regulations, and following the National List.