IISc 2017 Admission (UG) is for the Bachelor of Science program. Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore will offer admission to eligible candidates on the basis of their performance in KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET UG. Interested and eligible students can apply online for IISc Bangalore Admission 2017 as per the schedule. Candidates who have marks more than the IISc 2017 Cut Off for the respective exam will be able to attend counselling for admission.
IISc 2017 Admission
Undergraduate program offered by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore, is four-year Bachelor of Science (research). The number of seats usually offered is 120. Till a few years back, the institute used to conduct an entrance exam, known as the IISc Entrance Exam. However now, the IISc 2017 Admission is being done on the basis of the following exams.
- KVPY SA, SB, SX – KVPY is the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana.
- IIT JEE Main – Joint Entrance Examination Main is held by the Central Board of Secondary Education.
- IIT JEE Advanced – Joint Entrance Examination Advanced is held by the Indian Institutes of Technology.
- NEET UG -National Eligibility cum Entrance Test UnderGraduate is basically an entrance exam conducted in India for candidates who desire to study any graduate medical course (MBBS), dental courses (BDS) or postgraduate course (MD/MS) in private or government medical colleges in India.
Apart from appearing in the above exams, qualifying them, and getting minimum marks prescribed by IISc, the candidate has to fill and submit the IISc 2017 Application Form. Relevant details of IISc UG Admission 2017-2018 have been announced by the Indian Institute of Science in the last week of January.
Candidates who wish to pursue graduation from IISc can get here complete details of IISc 2017 Admission (UG) including eligibility, application form, results (list of shortlisted candidates), cut-offs, important dates.
|IISc 2017 Application Form available online from||01 Feb 2017|
|Last date for submission of online applications||29 Apr 2017|
|Declaration of result (offer of admission) cut-offs for KVPY||To be announced|
|Declaration of result (offer of admission) cut-offs for JEE, AIPMT||To be announced|
Such students who are interested in studying at the Indian Institute of Science (IISC) Bangalore should go to the online application form any time after 01 Feb 2017. IISc 2017 Application Form should be filled by entering correct and valid details, and the requisite fee should be paid before the last date of submission of online IISC UG Admission 2017 application form. Candidate must have appeared in / will appear in relevant exam such as KVPY SA, KVPY SB, KVPY SX, JEE Main, JEE Advanced, AIPMT. Dates for these exams are announced separately by the bodies that conduct these exams. The marks scored in these exams should be submitted in the application form as and when it is asked for.Declaration of IISc 2017 Admission Results, or offer of admission, depends upon result declaration of the exams on the basis of which the admission is being offered.
IISc 2017 Application Form will be issued at official website. Before proceeding to fill up the application form of IISc UG Admission 2017, candidate must ensure that he / she is eligible or not. Moreover, one must also have appeared in KVPY and qualified, or will be appearing in JEE Main or JEE Advanced or AIPMT.
The mode of submitting application form for IISc Admission is online only. Candidate can go to the online application form (link for more details given above), enter details in the form, upload documents, pay application fee.
The application fee is Rs 500 for GN / OBC / KM candidates, and Rs 250 for SC / ST / PWD candidates.The fee is non refundable, any bank or payment gateway service charges must be borne by the applicant
Almost three months’ window is available to complete the application form submission.
Candidates who satisfy the IISc 2017 Admission eligibility conditions only must apply. The conditions of eligibility for IISc UG Admission 2017-2018 indicate mainly the educational qualification required in order to study undergraduate program in the Indian Institute of Science.
- Candidate must have completed class 10+2 or equivalent exam in 2016 or is going to complete it in 2017.
- Candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as main subjects in 10+2 with other main or subsidiary subjects.
- Candidates who have studied Biology, Statistics, Electronics, Computer Science, etc., in addition to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum marks that candidate should have secured is first class (60%) in qualifying exam. For SC / ST candidates, this relaxed to pass class.
IISc 2017 Admission – Selection through KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advanced, AIPMT
Selection of Candidates Through KVPY
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is conducted every year by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. For IISc UG Admission 2017, the following KVPY candidates can apply.
- KVPY-SA (appeared in 2015, and selected for the Fellowship),
- KVPY-SB (appeared in 2016, and selected for the Fellowship),
- KVPY-SX (appeared in 2016, and selected for the Fellowship),
- KVPY-SA and SX Fellows selected through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates.
Admission in IISc through KVPY shall be based on merit list. Candidates will be placed in merit as per rank obtained in the respective KVPY SA, KVPY SB, and KVPY SX exams. While filling up the application form, one must enter correct roll number of KVPY so that respective rank can be determined.
Selection of Candidates Through JEE Main
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main is conducted by CBSE. Those who are appearing in JEE Main 2017 scheduled to be held in the month of April, 2017 can apply for IISc UG admission 2017.
|Category||Minimum marks in JEE Main 2017 for IISc 2017 Admission|
|SC / ST / PH||30%|
The list of candidates selected on the basis of JEE Main 2017 for IISc UG admission 2017 will be announced after JEE Main Results are announced by CBSE. Dates for the IISc results declaration shall be announced in due time.
Selection of Candidates Through JEE Advanced
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced is conducted by IITs. Those who are appearing in JEE Advanced 2017 scheduled to be held in the month of May 2017 can apply for IISc UG admission 2017. Candidates may please note that to appear in IIT JEE Advanced, one must clear the JEE Mains exam first.
|Category||Minimum marks in JEE Advanced 2017 for IISc 2017 Admission|
|SC / ST / PH||30%|
The list of candidates selected on the basis of JEE Advanced 2017 for IISc UG admission 2017 will be announced after IIT JEE Advanced Results are announced by IITs. Dates for the IISc results declaration shall be announced in due time.
Selection of Candidates Through NEET UG
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is conducted by CBSE. Those who are appearing in NEET UG 2017 scheduled to be held in the month of May 2017 can apply for IISc UG admission 2017.
|Category||Minimum marks in NEET UG 2017 for IISc 2017 Admission|
|SC / ST / PH||30%|
The list of candidates selected on the basis of NEET UG 2017 for IISc UG admission 2017 will be announced after NEET UG Results are announced by CBSE. Dates for the IISc results declaration shall be announced in due time.
IISc 2017 Admission Offers
Once the applications are received, and candidates’ marks obtained in the respective exams is known the institute, candidates are placed in order or merit. A cut off percentage is determined for admission through each stream (KVPY SA, KVPY SB, KVPY SX, JEE Main, JEE Advanced, AIPMT).
Candidates whose marks are more than the IISc 2017 Cut Off, will be offered admissions to the four year Bachelor of Science (Research) programme.
It is expected that the first admission offer will be made in the month of May 2017.
Additional admission offers are expected to be made in the months of June and July 2017.
Classes usually commence in the month of August.
Brief highlights of IISC 2017 Admission
- The selection will be based on the performance of the applied candidates in any one of the national examinations listed above.
- A separate merit list of candidates who have applied will be prepared for each of these national examinations and the seats will be offered based on the performance in the examination and the number of seats available.
- A candidate who has qualified in multiple examinations listed above will be included in all the appropriate merit lists.
- Separate merit lists will be prepared for candidates belonging to different reserved categories, as per standard Government of India regulations.
Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/Physically-Handicapped (PH) and Kashmiri-Migrant (KM) candidates: As per Government of India regulations, and following the National List.
Counseling will be conducted for admission to IISc Bangalore. Candidates qualifying the entrance exams would be provided counseling for admission 2017-2018.