IISc UG Admission 2015 is offered for Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme. Admission in IISc, Bangalore for academic session 2015-2016 will be on the basis of KVPY, IIT JEE (Main), IIT JEE (Advanced), and AIPMT. Interested candidates must fill up the online IISc application form 2015 within stipulated dates. Subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria, and clearing the IISc cut off, admission will be done. Get here complete details of IISc UG admission 2015 such as how to apply, selection procedure, cut offs for each category and other details.
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore offers admission to its four-year Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme in 2015. Major disciplines offered include biology, chemistry, environmental science, materials, mathematics, physics. Details of IISC BS Admission 2015 are given here for class 12 passed (2014) or appearing (2015) students interested in the IISc Admission 2015.
IISc UG Admission 2015 for BS Programme
Important dates for IISc UG 2015 admissions are given below.
|Commencement of submission of online applications||February 2, 2015|
|Last date for submission of online applications||April 30, 2015|
|First set of admission to KVPY candidates||May 2015|
|Additional offer for IISC UG Admission and seat allotment||June and July, 2015|
|Commencement of classes||August 2015|
Students who will appear for the 12th standard board examination (or equivalent) in 2015 and those who have passed this examination in 2014 are eligible to apply for admission to IISc Bangalore UG Admission 2015.
Number of seats – approximately 120 students shall be admitted in IISc Bangalore this year.
IISc UG Admission 2015 Eligibility
In order to be eligible for admission in IISc Bangalore, candidates must satisfy the following eligibility conditions. Only eligible candidates must fill up the IISc application form 2015 for UG (BS) admissions.
- Candidate must have either completed II PUC / 12th Standard exam in 2014 or will complete in 2015.
- In II PUC / 12th Standard, candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects. Those who have studied Biology, Statistics, Electronics, Computer Science, etc., in addition to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are also eligible.
- In II PUC / 12th Standard, candidate must have secured a first class or 60% or equivalent grade (relaxed to pass class for SC/ST candidates).
The Indian Institute of Science does not hold a separate entrance examination. Candidates should have appeared in either KVPY, or JEE Main, or JEE Advanced, or AIPMT. The details of how selection shall be done for IISc 2015 admissions on the basis of KVPY, JEE Mains, JEE Advanced, and AIPMT are given below.
IISc BS 2015 Admission and Selection
Selection of Candidates Through KVPY
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is conducted every year by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. For IISc UG Admission 2015, the following KVPY candidates can apply.
- KVPY-SA (appeared in 2013, and selected for the Fellowship),
- KVPY-SB (appeared in 2014, and selected for the Fellowship),
- KVPY-SX (appeared in 2014, and selected for the Fellowship),
- KVPY Fellows selected through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates.
The first list for admission in IISc through KVPY shall be announced in the month of May, 2015. Candidates will be placed in merit as per rank obtained in the respective KVPY SA, KVPY SB, and KVPY SX exams. While filling up the application form, one must enter correct roll number of KVPY so that respective rank can be determined.
Selection of Candidates Through JEE Main
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main is conducted by CBSE (Click here to know more about JEE Main). Those who are appearing in JEE Main 2015 scheduled to be held in the month of April, 2015 can apply for IISc UG admission 2015.
|Category||Minimum marks in JEE Main 2015 for IISc UG Admission 2015|
|SC / ST / PH||30%|
The list of candidates selected on the basis of JEE Main 2015 for IISc UG admission 2015 will be announced after JEE Main Results are announced by CBSE. Dates for the IISc results declaration shall be announced in due time.
Selection of Candidates Through JEE Advanced
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced is conducted by IITs (Click here to know more about JEE Advanced). Those who are appearing in JEE Advanced 2015 scheduled to be held on May 3, 2015 can apply for IISc UG admission 2015.
Candidates may please note that to appear in IIT JEE Advanced, one must clear the JEE Mains exam first.
|Category||Minimum marks in JEE Advanced 2015 for IISc UG Admission 2015|
|SC / ST / PH||30%|
The list of candidates selected on the basis of JEE Advanced 2015 for IISc UG admission 2015 will be announced after IIT JEE Advanced Results are announced by IITs. Dates for the IISc results declaration shall be announced in due time.
Selection of Candidates Through AIPMT
The All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) is conducted by CBSE (Click here to know more about AIPMT). Those who are appearing in AIPMT 2015 scheduled to be held on May 3, 2015 can apply for IISc UG admission 2015.
|Category||Minimum marks in AIPMT 2015 for IISc UG Admission 2015|
|SC / ST / PH||30%|
The list of candidates selected on the basis of AIPMT 2015 for IISc UG admission 2015 will be announced after AIPMT Results are announced by CBSE. Dates for the IISc results declaration shall be announced in due time.
- The selection will be based on the performance of the applied candidates in any one of the national examinations listed above.
- A separate merit list of candidates who have applied will be prepared for each of these national examinations and the seats will be offered based on the performance in the examination and the number of seats available.
- A candidate who has qualified in multiple examinations listed above will be included in all the appropriate merit lists.
- Separate merit lists will be prepared for candidates belonging to different reserved categories, as per standard Government of India regulations.
Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/Physically-Handicapped (PH) and Kashmiri-Migrant (KM) candidates: As per Government of India regulations, and following the National List.
For More Information Refer to the Information Hand book HERE
If you have any queries regarding IISc Admission 2015 in Bachelor of Science programme, please ask in comments below.