IIST offers Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) programmes in three branches, namely
- Aerospace Engineering
- Avionics and
- Physical sciences.
Candidates who are desirous to join B.Tech Programmes in IIST must appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main)-2014 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi to qualify themselves to appear for Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced)-2014 conducted by IITs and secure the minimum prescribed category-wise marks in JEE (Advanced)-2014 as given below:-
- General Candidates (GEN): At least 20% marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics Chemistry and Mathematics).
- Other Backward Community – Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) Candidates: At least 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics Chemistry and Mathematics).
- Scheduled Caste(SC), Scheduled Tribe(ST) & Persons with Disabilities(PD) Candidates: At least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics Chemistry and Mathematics).
Candidates must make sure that they satisfy the criteria given below for applying for admission to B.Tech Programmes in IIST.
Citizenship: Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission in IIST.
Date of Birth: Candidates belonging to General category (GEN) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1989. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PD) categories must have born on or after October 1, 1984. The date of birth as recorded in the high school/first Board /or its equivalent will be accepted. If the certificate does not mention the date of birth, candidate must submit an authenticated document from competent authority indicating the date of birth at the time of Counselling.
Qualifying Examination (10+2 or Equivalent): Candidates seeking admission to IIST should have passed their Qualifying Examination, with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects of the curriculum Candidates belonging to GEN and OBC categories must secure an aggregate of at least 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) in the qualifying examination and those belonging to SC/ST/PD should have an aggregate of at least 60% marks in PCM subjects in the qualifying examination.
The qualifying examination should be any of the following:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi, etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Vocational Higher Secondary Examination.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge /Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.
The total number of seats for the B.Tech Programmes in IIST for the academic year 2014-15 is 156. The seat matrix for different programmes is as follows:
- B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering : 60
- B.Tech. in Avionics : 60
- B.Tech. in Physical Sciences : 36
Detailed IIST B.Tech Admission Brochure containing Application and Counselling procedures with important dates will be published in April, 2014.
Contact numbers : 0471-2568477 and 0471-2568478
Most of the visitors viewed this page for:
|iist eligibility||iist||iist 2014 admission brochure|