Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) Admission 2015 has been announced. IIST Thiruvananthapuram offers 60 seats each in 4 Yr B.Tech Programme in Aerospace Engineering, and B.Tech Programme in Avionics. It also offers 20 seats in 5-Year Dual Degree (B.Tech and M.S./M.Tech.) Programme. Complete details of how to get admission in the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology is given here for interested candidates.
IIST Admission 2015
Admission in IIST for academic session 2015-2016 shall be on the basis of JEE (Main) 2015 and JEE (Advanced) 2015. IIST Application Form 2015 is issued online through the web posrtal. Online registration for IIST 2015 admissions shall close on 01 July, 2015. Candidates will first have to appear and qualify in JEE (Main), and JEE (Advanced) examinations conducted by CBSE and IITs respectively. Only those candidates who clear the cut off set by IIST shall be eligible for admission on basis of merit.
|IIST 2015 application form online registration to be available from.||10 June, 2015|
|Last date to apply online for IIST B.Tech and dual degree programmes is.||01 July, 2015|
|Publication of IIST 2015 Admission Rank list||Based on the dates of declaration of JEE(Main) Rank List|
IIST Counselling 2015
Spot Round Admission
Spot admission round will be held on 10th August 2015 (Monday) at 11 Am to fill the vacancies and complete UG admission process quickly. During the spot admission vacant seats will be allotted to 19 candidates in the order of merit based on All-India JEE-Main Rank. The admission will be declared on the same day , further waitlist will not be generated.
The following seats are vacant for undergraduate admission-2015 :
|B.Tech. Aerospace Engg.||0|
|B.Tech . Avionics||11||1||2||1||15|
|Dual Degree (B.Tech & MS/ M.Tech)||3||1||4|
Date : 10th August 2015 (Monday), 11:00 A.M
Venue : D-4 Building of IIST Campus at Valiamala, Thiruvananthapuram – 695547.
To get the detailed information of spot round admission – Click here
IIST Waiting List Update & Allotment List 2015 (Updated As on 29.07.2015)
Instructions for Joining IIST on 01.08.2015 (Best of Luck!)
IIST Admission 2015 Eligibility Criteria
JEE Main 2015 is being conducted by CBSE on 4, 10, 11 April, 2015. The eligibility criteria to qualify for JEE Advanced 2015 is that candidate must be in top 1,50,000 in JEE Main 2015. Plus other criteria shall be fulfilled alongside such as age limit, number of attempts. To know more about JEE Advanced, go to JEE Advanced 2015 page.
The eligibility criteria for admission in IIST 2015 is as follows.
- General category candidate should have secured at least 20% marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks each in P, C, M.
- OBC NCL category candidate should have secured at least 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks each in P, C, M.
- SC, ST, PD category candidate should have secured at least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks each in P, C, M.
JEE Advanced 2015 Cut off for IIST 2015 Admissions is as follows.
The marks secured by the candidate in JEE(Advanced) 2015 examination will be used ONLY for deciding his/her eligibility for admission to IIST and NOT for preparing IIST Admission Rank List.
Further conditions that must be satisfied as mentioned in the IIST Admission 2015 eligibility for B.Tech and Dual Degree admission is as follows.
- Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Age limit: Date of birth should be on or after October 1, 1990 for general, OBC NCL candidates. Those belonging to SC, ST, PD categories can be born on or after October 1, 1985.
- Educational qualification: In the qualifying examination (class XII or equivalent), candidate must have secured at least 70% marks in aggregate in physics, chemistry, mathematics. Those belonging to SC, ST, PD should have secured at least 60% marks in PCM.
Reservation of Seats in IIST Thiruvananthapuram
- Scheduled Castes (SC) : 15%.
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) : 7.5%.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) : 27%.
- Physically Disabled (PD) : 3% (Horizontal Reservation)
Chairman, Undergraduate Admissions – 2015,
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Valiamala P.O., Thiruvananthapuram – 695 547, Kerala.
Help Line: 0471 – 2568477 / 2568478 / 2568555
Email: [email protected]
This page is being updated as per official announcements by IIST Thiruvananthapuram. If you have any queries regarding IIST Admission 2015 in B.Tech and Dual Degree Programmes, please ask in comments below