Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) Admission 2015 has been announced. IIST Thiruvananthapuram offers 60 seats each in 4 Yr B.Tech Programme in Aerospace Engineering, and B.Tech Programme in Avionics. It also offers 20 seats in 5-Year Dual Degree (B.Tech and M.S./M.Tech.) Programme. Admission in IIST for academic session 2015-2016 shall be on the basis of JEE (Main) 2015 and JEE (Advanced) 2015. Complete details of how to get admission in the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology is given here for interested candidates.
IIST Admission 2015
IIST Application Form 2015 is issued online through the web posrtal. Online registration for IIST 2015 admissions shall begin in June, 2015. Candidates will first have to appear and qualify in JEE (Main), and JEE (Advanced) examinations conducted by CBSE and IITs respectively. Only those candidates who clear the cut off set by IIST shall be eligible for admission on basis of merit.
IIST B.Tech Admission 2015 Quick Links
The IIST admission 2015 for academic session 2015-2016 shall begin in June. Dates shall be announced shortly by Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology. Tentatively, it is expected that the schedule month wise shall be as follows, as observed from past year patterns.
|IIST 2015 application form online registration to be available from.||June, 2015|
|Last date to apply online for IIST B.Tech and dual degree programmes is.||July, 2015|
|Publication of IIST 2015 Admission Rank list||July 2015|
IIST Admission 2015 Eligibility Criteria
JEE Main 2015 is being conducted by CBSE on 4, 10, 11 April, 2015. The eligibility criteria to qualify for JEE Advanced 2015 is that candidate must be in top 1,50,000 in JEE Main 2015. Plus other criteria shall be fulfilled alongside such as age limit, number of attempts. To know more about JEE Advanced, go to JEE Advanced 2015 page.
The eligibility criteria for admission in IIST 2015 is as follows.
- General category candidate should have secured at least 20% marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks each in P, C, M.
- OBC NCL category candidate should have secured at least 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks each in P, C, M.
- SC, ST, PD category candidate should have secured at least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks each in P, C, M.
JEE Advanced 2015 Cut off for IIST 2015 Admissions is as follows.
Further conditions that must be satisfied as mentioned in the IIST Admission 2015 eligibility for B.Tech and Dual Degree admission is as follows.
- Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Age limit: Date of birth should be on or after October 1, 1990 for general, OBC NCL candidates. Those belonging to SC, ST, PD categories can be born on or after October 1, 1985.
- Educational qualification: In the qualifying examination (class XII or equivalent), candidate must have secured at least 70% marks in aggregate in physics, chemistry, mathematics. Those belonging to SC, ST, PD should have secured at least 60% marks in PCM.
IIST Admission 2015 Selection Procedure
As mentioned above, candidate needs to separately satsify eligibility criteria for CBSE JEE Main 2015, IIT JEE Advanced 2015, and IIST admissions. Only those candidates who get the cut off marks in JEE Advanced examination shall be eligible for admissions in B.Tech, and dual degree programmes.
- The rank list for IIST 2015 admission will be published only for those candidates who have registered online for the 2015 session admission, and fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- IIST Admission Rank list will be based on candidates’ position in the JEE Main 2015 AIR – All India Rank list (including category rank) prepared and published by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
CBSE prepares All-India rank list giving 60% weightage to the score in JEE (Main)-2015 examination and 40% weightage to the normalised score in Class 12th qualifying examination and is expected to be published by 7th July, 2015.
Reservation of Seats in IIST Thiruvananthapuram
- Scheduled Castes (SC) : 15%.
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) : 7.5%.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) : 27%.
- Physically Disabled (PD) : 3% (Horizontal Reservation).
This page is being updated as per official announcements by IIST Thiruvananthapuram. If you have any queries regarding IIST Admission 2015 in B.Tech and Dual Degree Programmes, please ask in comments below.