IIT Bhubaneswar M.Tech Admission 2016 is being done on the basis of GATE, written test, and interview. M.Tech admission in Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar is offered in various M.Tech Programmes. Candidates with a valid GATE score can fill the IIT Bhubaneswar M.Tech Application Form 2016. Those who obtain the minimum IIT GATE cut off for respective programme, and category, shall be called for written test, followed by personal interviews. Know here complete details of IIT Bhubaneswar M.Tech Admission 2016 such as application form, cut offs, fees and other information.
Latest – Final List of selected candidates for IIT Bhubaneshwar M.Tech Admissions has been published for various courses. Also, check the Spot Round Admission details below.
M.Tech Programmes in –
- Climate Science & Technology
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Mechanical Systems Design
- Thermal Science and Engineering
- Power System Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
IIT Bhubaneswar M.Tech Admission 2016
The Online registration process for M.Tech Admission in IIT Bhubaneswar for academic session 2016-2017 has started. Eligible candidates must fill up and submit the application form as per dates announced by the IIT.
Schedule for IIT Bhubaneswar M.Tech Admission 2016 is given below.
|Start date for online application||04 Mar 2016|
|Last date for online application||03 Apr 2016|
Spot Admission – Available!
IIT Bhubaneswar will offer spot admission for M.Tech. programme 2016-17 to fill up the vacant seats, if any, from the waiting list and the offer will also be extended to the candidates who have been offered admission, but couldn’t confirm their admission. The list of vacancies for each programme and the list of eligible candidates for spot admission will be displayed in the institute website on 20 Jul 2016.
The candidates will be informed by e-mail and SMS to attend the spot admission. The candidates called for spot admission should come prepared to join the M.Tech. programme immediately, if selected. They are required to come prepared with the following documents in original and one set of self-attested photo copies all certificates, transcripts and other documents as mentioned below.
Documents Required for Spot Round Admission
- Two separate demand draft.
- Institute fee for Rs.29,200/- for (GEN/OBC/) , Rs.24,200/- for (SC/ST).
- Hostel fee for Rs. 19,300/- for (GEN/OBC/SC/ST).
- GATE Score Card in original.
- Certificates and Transcript of all Qualifying Examination (starting form Matriculation onwards).
- Degree Certificate. (Candidates, who are unable to submit the Qualifying Degree Certificate, are required to provide Provisional Certificate or a Course Completion Certificate duly signed by the Head of College/Department (in lieu of provisional certificate) to that effect from the concerned Institution).
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- 4 recent Passport size colour photographs (name & signature of candidate should be appear on the backside of each photograph)
- Candidates who are employed are required to bring “No Objection Certificate/Sponsorship Certificate” from their employer, or a relieving certificate from your employer in case you are currently employed, failing which they will not be entertained.
- SC/ST/OBC(Non-Creamy Layer)/Disability certificate as per the Govt. of India format. The OBC (NCL) certificate in the prescribed format should be issued after 01.04.2015 by a Competent Authority.
- Students Profile (Form III).
- Duly filled in Medical Form (Form – IV)
- Guardian declaration (Form – V) and student undertaking form (Form – VI).
To download the Form I, III, IV, V, and VI – Click Here
Check the complete details about the IIT Bhubaneshwar M.Tech Spot Admission 2016 HERE
IIT Bhubaneswar has published the list of candidates who have been Selected for Admission to M. Tech. Programme (2016-17). Same can be checked through the link provided below.
- Final selection List for ECE and Thermal Science & Engg. – New!
- Final selection List for M.Tech – New!
- Second List ECE
- Second List (Various courses)
- Corrigendum to (Thermal Science and Engineering) II
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Corrigendum (Thermal Science and Engineering)
- List of Sponsored Candidate in Structural Engineering
- Power System Engineering
- Time line for Admission
IIT Bhubaneswar has published the list of candidates who have been shortlisted for Written Test and Personal Interview. Same can be checked through the link provided below.
At the official website of IIT Bhubaneswar (www.iitbbs.ac.in) you can fill up the online application form between 04 Mar to 03 Apr, 2016. Before proceeding to fill up the application form, note the IIT Bhubaneswar M.Tech Eligibility Criteria. Candidates may also fill the online application form through the direct link, which is given below.
- Application process is over…!!!
|General and OBC candidates||Rs 300|
|SC/ST/PwD candidates||Rs 150|
Note: Female candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
How to Apply Online?
- Application form can be filled online accessing the official website.
- Register to the online-portal by providing your current functioning Email ID.
- Login to the portal by providing the Email ID and password provided at the time of registration.
- Provide correct information in Step 1 to Step 3.
- Review your Data at Step 4.
- If the information are correct then click on SAVE & SUBMIT Button to submit your application.
- If you are a Female Candidate, no Application Fee is required and hence you can take a print of the application form for future reference.
- If you are a Male candidate, Pay the required application Fee as per the following steps.
- Click on the “Pay Application Fee (click here)” Button present at the “User Home” Tab.
- Follow the payment instructions.
- After Successful payment, you will get a SB Collect Reference No.
- Note down the Payment SB Collect Reference No. Click on the “Confirm & Submit Payment Details for <Application Num>” Button present at the “User Home” Tab and provide data of Fee Payment Mode, Fee Payment Date, Fee Payment SB Collect Reference No. and then submit.
- After completing above steps, you can take a print of the application form for future reference.
- Note that Application without valid Payment SB Collect Reference No. will be automatically discarded.
The enclosures to be uploaded as part of the application processes are:
- Photo in JPG format with dimension of 200×250 pixels and less than 100Kb.
- Signature in JPG format with dimension of 200×50 pixels and less than 80Kb.
- Mark/grade sheets, certificates and documents starting from Matriculation till highest degree attained.
- Please upload any other relevant documents & certificates related to educational and professional experience.
- No Objection Certificate (In case of Sponsored)
- Release certificate from the present employer (If currently employed)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
The documents/certificates must be uploaded in PDF format (No other format is accepted).
The maximum size per uploaded file cannot exceed 200 Kb. If required, split a larger document into multiple parts and clearly name the documents such as CV_part1of3.pdf, CV_part2of3.pdf, CV_part3of3.pdf.
After successful submission of your application online, your application number will be displayed. Please make a note of the same and include this number in all future communications. The number will also be available in your User Page.
IIT Bhubaneswar M.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2016
|Name of the Programme and Intake||Essential/ Desirable Requisite||Previous Degree|
|Climate Science & Technology – 18||Mathematics or Physics at B.Sc. Level essential||60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in M. Sc. or equivalent degree in Atmospheric Science/Marine Science/ Oceanography/ Meteorology/ Physics/Chemistry/ Mathematics along with a valid GATE score.
60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in B. Tech. / B.E. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering / Applied Mechanics / Aeronautical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Computer Science & Engineering or equivalent along with a valid GATE score
|Structural Engineering – 12||Mathematics or Physics at B.Sc. Level essential||60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in B. Tech. / B.E. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering along with a valid GATE score.|
|Transportation Engineering – 10||60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in B. Tech. / B.E. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering / Infrastructure Engineering, Bachelors in Architecture or Planning along with a valid GATE score.|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering – 18||Electronics & Communication Engineering||60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in B.Tech. / B.E. or equivalent degree in Electrical, Electronics, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or equivalent along with a valid GATE score.|
|Power System Engineering – 18||Electrical Engineering||60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in B.Tech. / B.E. or equivalent degree in Electrical, Electrical and Electronics Engineering or equivalent (with a valid GATE score in Electrical Engineering).|
|Materials Science and Engineering – 18||Mathematics at B.Sc. level is desirable in case of M. Sc.||60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in B.Tech. / B.E. or equivalent degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science, Ceramic, Chemical, Mechanical, Production Engineering and allied specializations with valid GATE score or 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in M.Sc. in Materials Science along with a valid GATE score|
|Mechanical Engineering – 18||Mechanical Engineering||60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in B. Tech. / B. E. or Equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (with a valid GATE score)|
|Thermal Science and Engineering- 18||Mechanical Engineering||60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in B. Tech. /B. E. or Equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (with a valid GATE score)|
IIT Bhubaneswar M.Tech Fee Structure
|Caution Money (Refundable)||12,000||12,000|
|One Time Fee||5,900||5,400|
|Grand Total for GE/OBC Category||48,500||68,000|
|Grand Total for SC/ST Category||43,500||68,000|
Shortlisting and Selection Criteria
The shortlisting of regular candidates for admission into M.Tech. Programmes will be based on GATE score only. The fixing of cut-off score for candidates in different categories shall be as per the norms of the Institute.
Selection of regular candidates is based on 70% weightage for the GATE score and 30% weightage for the performance in the Written Test and Interview.
The final selection of regular candidates will be solely based on the combined scores of the candidates with 70% weightage to the GATE score and 30% weightage to the written test and interview marks. The Written Test and Interview shall be given equal weightage of 15% each. A candidate in the unreserved category will be eligible for interview subject to scoring a minimum of 40% of the maximum marks in the written test. A candidate in the unreserved category will be eligible for final selection subject to scoring a minimum of 50% of the maximum marks in the interview. The fixing of cut-off marks in the written test and interview for reserved categories shall be governed as per the norms of the Institute. Assignment and calculation of the cut-off marks on the combined score for final section of the candidates in different categories shall be as per the norms of the Institute.
If you have any queries regarding IIT Bhubaneswar M.Tech Admission 2016, please ask in comments below.