Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT Bombay) has released notification from eligible candidates to admission in M.Tech programme for the academic year 2016-17 which will be starting from July 2016. For below mention courses applications have to be submitted online as per schedule mention below. Candidates can check the complete information of IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission 2016 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Latest Update – List of Shortlisted candidates for Written test/or Interview has been published. Check the list below on this page.
IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission 2016
IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission 2016 on basis of GATE results. M.Tech Admission 2016 in IIT Bombay shall be done on the basis of GATE result and further rounds of selection. Admission to Masters courses in IIT Bombay commences in the month of July 2016. Online applications forms will need to be filled by the candidates desirous of taking admission in Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
Schedule for IIT Bombay M.Tech / M.Tech + Ph.D (Dual Degree) Admission 2016 is given below.
|Availability of Application form||17 Mar 2016|
|Last date for receipt of completed application form||05 Apr 2016|
IIT Bombay has announced the list of shortlisted candidates for written test and/or interview for admission to M.Tech programme 2016-17. List of the candidates can be checked through the link provided below.
Check List of Shortlisted Candidates:-
Click Here to check all other relevant information.
Candidates seeking admission to M.Tech., M.Tech.+Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programmes for this year have to submit online application only from the official website as per schedule date. Written Test and Interview will be held as per schedule date mention below. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before going online application. Candidates can also fill their application for IIT Bombay M.Tech admission from the direct link will be provided below after official announcement.
To check Specimen Copy of the Offer Letter – Click Here
Important Dates (M.Tech Admission)
IIT Bombay M.Tech Eligibility Criteria
- General Eligibility for M.Tech. Programmes in all Departments/ Centres/ Schools/ Interdisciplinary groups/ CrossDepartmental Programmes
- Candidates with First class or 60% (55% marks for SC/ST) marks in B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Sc. (Engg.)/ M.Sc. /M.C.A./ MBBS / M.Pharm/ B.Pharm (4 yr. Degree)/ BDS (4 yr. Degree)/ Associate Membership Examinations conducted by recognized professional bodies (like Institution of Engrs. (India), Institute of Chemical Engrs., Aeronautical Society of India, Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engrs., Indian Institute of Metals etc.) and recognized as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Degree.
Admission for IIT B.Tech. degree holders
- Candidate having an IIT B.Tech. degree and having a CGPA/CPI score of 8.00 (on 010 scale) and above are exempted from requirement of GATE qualification. They will be admitted to M.Tech. Programme under TA/RA positions through written test and/or interview.
For M.Tech + Ph.D Programmes
- Candidates eligible for admission to M.Tech. Progamme are also eligible for M.Tech.+ Ph.D. Dual Degree Programme, in certain disciplines/ specializations. There is a common application for M.Tech. and M.Tech.+ Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programme.
- Candidates after getting admission to M.Tech. Programme will be considered for M.Tech. + Ph.D.(Dual Degree) Programme if they have opted for it in the application.