IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2015 is announced for GATE candidates. Admission in M.Tech courses in IIT Delhi for academic session 2015-2016 is being done by shortlisting as per GATE 2015 result, and then conducting test and interviews. The Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi is one of the top engineering colleges in India. Most of the candidates seeking admission in M.Tech and higher education technical programs through GATE apply for admission in IIT Delhi. Candidates can get here complete details of IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2015 such as application form, selection procedure, and cut offs.
IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2015 Application Form
|Submission of online application commences on||March 09, 2015 (12.00 Noon)|
|Last date for submission of online application and application fee||March 31, 2015 (04.00 P.M.)|
|Range of dates for Test / Interview||May 12 , 2015 – June 09, 2015|
|Date of Orientation for new Students||July 21, 2015|
|Date of Registration for new Students||July 22, 2015|
|Commencement of classes||July 23, 2015|
Apply online – Click here to Register to start the application process. Last date for submission of IIT Delhi M.Tech application form 2015 is March 31, 2015.
- Separate application form should be filled for Ph.D. programme for each Department/Centre.
- Separate application form should be filled for each M.S.(R) programme.
- Separate application form should be filled for M.Des. programme.
- Separate application form should be filled for each interdisciplinary M.Tech. programme.
- The applicant seeking admission to M.Tech. programme of a particular department should fill a separate application form. He/she may give upto four choices in order of preference for the M.Tech. Programmes available in that department. However, he/she will be considered only for two choices for which he/she is eligible in the order of preference given. In case a candidate is found to have filled more than one form of a particular department, his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- GATE score cut off criteria used for short-listing candidates in different non-sponsored (full-time) M.Tech. programmes during the previous academic year is given in Annexure IV. This is only for the candidate’s reference and the criteria may even change substantially based on applications received for the current admissions i.e. academic year 2015-2016.
- Part-time/Sponsored (full-time) candidates must submit NOC/Sponsorship Certificate from their employer at the time of interview.
- Filling of false information will lead to rejection of application/cancellation of admission.
IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission Selection Procedure 2015
Admission to M.Tech./M.S.(R)/M.Des. programmes are carried out by first short-listing the eligible candidates (meeting the minimum performance in their qualifying degree) and scoring above a GATE / CEED cut off specified for that programme and then conducting written test / interview at IIT Delhi.
GATE / CEED cut offs for various Programmes last year are tabulated in the information brochure. In such cases, GATE score is given a minimum weight of 70% in judging the overall performance of the candidates appearing for interview.
- 15% seats are reserved for SC and 7.5% for ST candidates.
- 27% seats are reserved for Non-Creamy layer OBC candidates. All candidates applying for admission under this category should produce the OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate applicable for OBC’s in the Central list at the time of interview. For details and specimen form visit : http://www.iitd.ac.in.
- 3% seats are reserved for the physically handicapped persons in the Postgraduate courses and Ph.D. Programmes.
Note : All shortlisted candidates applying for admission under the reserved categories are required to produce the relevant certificate at the time of interview.
IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission Eligibility 2015
Minimum Qualification for Admission to full-time M.Tech./M.S.(R)/M.Des. Programmes.
|Programme & Admission type||Qualifying Degree||Minimum performance in the qualifying degree for General/ OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) category students||National level examination requirements|
|M.Tech./ M.Tech.(High Value Assistantship)/ M.S.(R) (Direct Admission without test/interview)||B.E./B.Tech./ M.Sc. or equivalent||75% marks or 8.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale||GATE score > = 300 or qualifying score whichever is higher|
|M.Tech./ M.Tech.(High Value Assistantship)/ M.S.(R) (Admission with test/interview)||B.E./B.Tech./ M.Sc. or equivalent||60% marks or 6.75 CGPA on a 10- point scale||GATE score > = 300 or qualifying score whichever is higher|
|M. Des. (Direct Admission without test/interview)||B.E./B.Tech./ M.Sc. or equivalent||75% marks or 8.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale||CEED Percentile >=75|
|M. Des. (Admission with test/interview)||B.E./B.Tech./ M.Sc. or equivalent||60% marks or 6.75 CGPA on a 10- point scale||CEED Percentile >=75|
For complete details, please refer to the information brochure released by IIT Delhi for M.Tech admission in session 2015-2016. Click here to download Information Brochure Ist Semester 2015-2016.
If you have any queries regarding IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2015, please ask in comments below.