IIT Kharagpur M.Tech Admission 2016 is for Joint M.Tech/MCP- Ph.D programme. Get here complete details of IIT Kharagpur M.Tech Admission 2016 such as application form submission, selection procedure, and important dates. Applicants under all categories must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture or a Masters degree in Science/Arts or qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professionally recognized societies by UPSC/AICTE, e.g. AMIE.
Latest – Thrid List of selected Candidates has been published. The last date to accept the offer is 10 June 2016.
- Login Here (To Check List)
IIT Kharagpur M.Tech Admission 2016
Under this programme, at the end of first year, interested students having CGPA 8.0 and above are eligible to appear for written test and/or interview to judge their suitability to enrol for Ph.D. Those who do not qualify for Ph.D can continue with their two-year M.Tech/MCP programme.
Students selected for Ph.D will have to complete the two year academic requirements of M.Tech/MCP programme before enrolment for Ph.D. For these students the M.Tech/MCP and Ph.D degree will be awarded together upon successful completion of Ph.D.
Schedule for the IIT Kharagpur M.Tech Admission 2016 is given below.
IIT Kharagpur M.Tech Interview 2016
List of Shortlisted candidates for Interview for RT, AT & SM has been published. List of candidates can be checked through the link provided below.
|Course||Interview Dates & List of Candidates|
|RT||09 and 10 May 2016 – Check List of Candidates|
|AT||10 and 11 May 2016 – Check List of Candidates|
|SM||10 and 11 May 2016 – Check List of Candidates|
|Note:- Exact date of interview and Interview Call Letter will be available soon at Candidates login portal|
IIT Kharagpur M.Tech Application Form 2016
Application for Joint MTech/MCP-PhD programme is to be submitted by an ONLINE process only by accessing the “Apply Online” link. Fee payment has to be made online only and all the necessary qualifying certificates and documents have to be uploaded online at the time of submitting the application. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other condition before filling online application.
- Application Process is over…!!!
- The application fee is Rs. 500/- for GE/OBC Male/Transgender Candidates and
- Rs. 250/- for all Female and PwD/SC/ST Candidates.
How to fill online Application?
Step-I : How to Register
- Register with Your Email Id (Login) and Password of at least 8 characters, date of birth (as per GATE), GATE Year, GATE Registration Number, GATE Score, current category (category in which you are applying for), qualifying degree, background discipline. Note that the data entered during the registration cannot be changed later.
Step-II : Login to fill the Application Form
- After successful registration, a candidate would be able to login with registered email and password to fill in application form.
- Please note that application process is sequential in nature. Hence an applicant will not be able to go to Academic Performance Details page without filling in and subsequently saving requisite details in Profile page.
- Applicants should fill up the profile page first. Applicant should then fill choice of specializations (a maximum of 6). Look at the eligibility criteria for the specializations of your choice, last year’s cut-offs for these specializations etc. before selecting the specializations.
- This is followed by Personal Details page. Note that some of the fields in this page have been automatically populated from GATE records and are not editable. Applicant should fill the remaining data and click SAVE to go to Academic Details Page.
Step-III : Uploading softcopies of the documents
- Candidates are advised to go through the Instructions given above for uploading softcopies of the documents, photograph and signature. During the application the candidate has to upload the following documents.
- candidate’s passport size photo.
- candidate’s signature.
- qualifying degree certificate.
- category certificate (for OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD candidates).
- certificate showing proof of having mathematics at +2 level or degree level (wherever applicable)
Step-IV : Make PAYMENT and SUBMIT Application
- Before making payment, ensure that the data provided by you is correct in all respects
- Payment of application fee has to be made through online payment gateway only.
- Please note that sometimes money may be deducted from your account and the system may be asking you to make payment again. This may happen due network failure during transaction. If this happens then do not try to pay again but send an email to [email protected] with subject as “Payment failure for JMP-2016” mentioning Name, Application No., Transaction ID, Date & Time and proof of payment (Bank A/c Statement). You are required to wait for 48 hours for the problem to be resolved.
Note: The Application fee is non-refundable.
Step-V : Take PRINT
- After final submission of your online application, you will be able to generate your online application print with your specific details/data. This application print may be retained with you for your records.
- Please note that you Need not send the hardcopy of the application by post. Your application will be considered on the basis of your final submission through online. You can check submission, shortlisting, selection and other application related status from Application Status menu available at your login. You should remember your login id and password for the same.
Note: The candidates shortlisted for test & interview will be informed through email only. Their names will also be notified in the webpage. However, candidates can see their status through login and download the interview letter, if shortlisted.
The programme is open to candidates of all categories with Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/M.Sc or equivalent professional degrees (AMIE etc.) and having valid GATE score.
Make sure that your GATE marks are above the cut-off marks of your category and GATE paper.
NET Qualified candidates with fellowship having M.A or M.Sc Degree in Economics, Sociology, or Geography and having studied mathematics/statistics at the higher secondary level or at the graduate level are eligible to be considered for selection to MCP/Ph.D Programme.
For institutes awarding degree based on aggregate marks secured in all years of the qualifying degree:
- GE/OBC: Min. of 60% marks (or a CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale)
- SC/ST/PwD: Min. of 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale)
For institutes awarding degree based on aggregate marks secured in the final two semesters or final year of the qualifying degree:
- GE/OBC: Min. of 60% marks (or a CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale)
- SC/ST/PwD: Min. of 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale).
All selected candidates, graduating in 2016 have to produce the original certificates and mark sheets of the final qualifying degree by 31st October, 2016. Seats are reserved for OBC/SC/ST candidates and persons with disability (PwD) as per Government of India rules.
B.Tech students graduating from any of the IITs in 2016 or graduated in 2015 having CGPA 8.0 or above may be admitted to the Post-Graduate programme without GATE score. However, they have to follow the formal process as indicated in the website.
Please note that candidates seeking admission to the above programmes under sponsored category, have to apply separately. These candidates are advised to visit the institute website for details on the admission procedure.
The admission will be based on either GATE Score only or GATE Score (70 % weightage) and a personal interview (30 % weightage). Personal interview will be held to test the following: (a) Motivation and aptitude for the Programme (b) Suitability for the department/centre (c) Skills in basic science, engineering, and relevant areas. Personal interview will be conducted at IIT Kharagpur only. Please see the selection criteria for individual specializations before filling up the online application form.
Note: For specializations where admission is based on both GATE score and interview, a candidate who fails to appear for the personal interview will not be considered for admission in that specialization.
Specializations offered and mode of selection
* “Direct” means Admission is based on GATE SCORE only. “Interview” means Admission is based on GATE Score (70 % weightage) and Interview (30 % weightage).
Every MTech/MCP student is required to pay tuition and other fees as mentioned below:
In addition to the above, fee payable per semester is as follows:
(Note: Fee structure and amount are subject to change from time to time; the non-refundable fee has a tuition component of Rs 5,000.00 per semester which is waived in case of SC/ST category students)
Insurance: A compulsory insurance scheme provides insurance coverage for an annual premium of Rs. 1226.00 to all the students of the Institute.
For more detail of IIT Kharagpur M.Tech 2016 – Download Information Brochure.