IIT Kharagpur M.Tech Admission 2015 is for Joint M.Tech/MCP- Ph.D programme. Get here complete details of IIT Kharagpur M.Tech Admission 2015 such as application form submission, selection procedure, and important dates. Applicants under all categories must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture or a Masters degree in Science/Arts or qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional recognized societies.
IIT Kharagpur M.Tech Admission 2015
Admission to the Joint M.Tech/MCP–Ph.D programme of the Institute is open to all Indian Nationals under categories:
- Regular applicants with assistantship ( through GATE),
- B. Tech students graduated / graduating from IITs having a CGPA 8.00 or above (out of 10),
- Sponsored applicants,
- NET qualified candidates with fellowship ONLY for MCP Programme.
The admission will be based on either GATE Score only or will be based on GATE Score (70 % weightage) and a personal interview (30 % weightage). Personal interview will be held to test the following: (a) Motivation and aptitude for the Programme (b) Suitability for the department/centre (c) Skills in basic science, engineering, and relevant areas. Personal interview will be conducted at IIT Kharagpur. The JMP website is to be referred for detailed selection criteria for individual programmes and specializations, new programs etc.
Important Note: For specializations where admission is based on both GATE score and interview, a candidate who fails to appear for the personal interview will not be considered for admission.
|Commencement of online Application Form submission||March 18, 2015 (Wednesday)|
|Website Closure for submission of online Application Form||April 8, 2015 (Wednesday)|
||To be announced later|
|Acceptance of First List (Direct Admission)||To be announced later|
|Personal Interviews for shortlisted candidates at IIT Kharagpur||To be announced later|
||To be announced later|
|Release of second list offer ( Direct Admission as well as based on interview)||To be announced later|
|Acceptance of Second to Fourth Lists||To be announced later|
|Physical counseling of the short-listed candidates for the vacant seats after the fourth round||To be announced later|
IIT Kharagpur M.Tech Application Form 2015
The application fee is Rs. 500/- for GE/OBC Male/Transgender Candidates and Rs. 250/- for all Female or PwD/SC/ST Candidates. The application fee is non-refundable.
Apply Online – Click Here to Apply Online. M.Tech Application portal opened on 18th March 2015.
Fee payment has to be made online only and all the necessary qualifying certificates and documents have to be uploaded online at the time of submitting the application. Hardcopy of the application and documents are not required.
How to Apply (Regular Applicants through GATE Score)
- Application for Joint M.Tech/MCP- Ph.D programme is to be submitted only by an ONLINE process by accessing the website from 18th March 2015 to 8th April 2015.
- The application fee is Rs. 500/- for GE/OBC Male/Transgender Candidates and Rs. 250/- for all Female or PwD/SC/ST Candidates. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Fee payment has to be made online only and all the necessary qualifying certificates and documents such as caste certificates, PwD certificates etc have to be uploaded online at the time of submitting the application. Hardcopy of the application and documents are not required.
The applicants are however advised to keep a copy of the completed application form for their record.
Mode of selection and Specialisations offered under different Department/School/Centre.