IIT Kharagpur M.Tech Admission 2014
IIT Kharagpur invites applications for the Joint Masters and Ph.D programme in various disciplines for the academic year 2014-2015. The duration of M.Tech/MCP is of two years. Those who are not found to be suitable or not willing to continue for Ph.D can exit the programme after successful completion of M.Tech/MCP.
|Commencement of online Application Form submission||2nd April 2014 (Wednesday)|
|Website Closure for submission of online Application Form||23rd April 2014 (Wednesday)|
|Last date for receipt of completed Application Form at the GATE office by Post||30th April 2014 (Wednesday)|
Application for Joint M.Tech/MCP-Ph.D programme is to be submitted by an ONLINE process ONLY by accessing the website http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/mtech/ from 2nd April 2014 to 23rd April 2014. The candidate should first pay the Application Fee by obtaining a Demand Draft drawn in favour of IIT Kharagpur on any nationalized bank payable at Kharagpur, West Bengal. The draft details are required while filling up the ONLINE application form. Candidates are required to take a print of the ONLINE application form after successful submission of data.
The printed form, with candidate’s signature and photograph along with the Demand Draft, copy of GATE Scorecard and relevant certificates for OBC/SC/ST/PwD (as applicable) must be sent by SPEED POST to The Chairperson GATE, IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur 721302.The completed form with all the enclosures mentioned should reach the GATE Office, IIT Kharagpur on or before 30th April 2014.
Application Fee: The application fee is Rs. 500 for General/OBC and Rs. 250 for SC/ST/PwD candidates. The candidate should first pay the Application Fee by obtaining a Demand Draft drawn in favour of IIT Kharagpur on any nationalized bank payable at Kharagpur, West Bengal. The draft details are required while filling up the ONLINE application form.
- The admission for some of the IIT Kharagpur M.Tech programmes will be based on GATE Score ONLY.
- For some programmes the admission will be based on both GATE Score and an interview.
- For these programmes, the weightage shall be 70% and 30%, for GATE score and interview, respectively.
- For these programmes the interview will be held to test the following: (a) Motivation and aptitude for the Programme (b) Suitability for the department/centre (c) Skills in basic science, engineering, and relevant areas.
- The interview will be conducted at IIT Kharagpur.
For programmes where selection is based on both GATE score and interview, a candidate WILL NOT be considered for admission if he/she fails to appear for the interview.