Jamia Hamdard MBBS Admission 2015 shall be done by Jamia Hamdard (deemed-to-be-university) on the basis of All India Pre Medical Test result / rank list. Medical aspirants who wish to take admission in Jamia Hamdard’s MBBS course can know complete details of admission 2015-2016 here.
Jamia Hamdard MBBS Admission 2015
Those who wish to get admission in Jamia Hamdard’s Hamdard Institute of Medical Science & Research (HIMSR), must apply and appear in AIPMT 2015 being conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. You can read the detailed official notification for Jamia Hamdard MBBS admission 2015 below.
Jamia Hamdard University has announced the schedule of counselling for admission in Jamia Hamdard’s MBBS course. Counselling for MBBS course will be held as per the schedule given below.
List of documents to be submitted at the time of counseling:-
- High School/Matriculation Certificate
- 10+2/ Equivalent Examination Certificate
- 10+2/ equivalent Examination Marks sheet
- AIPMT Admit Card
- AIPMT Score Card
- JH Entrance Original Form
- Character Certificate
- School Leaving/Migration Certificate
- Disability Certificate
- Gap/Intervening period certificate/affidavit
Number of seats: 100.
Allocation of seats to different categories
- General category seats 42
- Reserved category seats (for muslims) 43
- Management category seats 15
3% of the total annual intake of seats is reserved for candidates with locomotory disability of lower limb, except management seats.
The information/instruction as well as guidelines as given herein are exclusively and specifically meant for admission to M.B.B.S. No part of the general guidelines for admission to other programs of the University shall be applicable to M.B.B.S. Programs of study offered by HIMSR other than M.B.B.S. shall be governed by the General Guidelines of the University.
To apply, go to Jamia Hamdard Application Form 2015.
Age limit: Candidate should complete the age of 17 years on or before 31 st December 2015
Qualifying examination: Candidates shall be admitted to first year of MBBS course only if s/he has passed qualifying examination as:
- The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at a level not less than core course of English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on education
- The intermediate examination in science of an Indian University/Board or other recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
- Candidates must have passed the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination.
- In respect of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs the minimum marks in qualifying examination in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 45% instead of 50% as above.
Procedure of selection of students
The selection for admission to the MBBS course, other than Management quota in Jamia Hamdard shall be based strictly on merit having relevant and valid AIPMT score/rank (conducted by the CBSE) from amongst the candidates who apply in Jamia Hamdard on the prescribed application form issued by Jamia
Hamdard for admission to MBBS course and who satisfy the eligibility conditions prescribed by the MCI.
The selection for admission to MBBS course under the management quota shall be made from amongst the candidates who apply in this quota on the prescribed application form issued by JH for admission to MBBS course and satisfy the minimum requisite eligibility criteria/conditions prescribed by the MCI
Provided that if any seat(s) remain vacant in the Management quota, the competent authority of Jamia Hamdard shall be at liberty to call for fresh application(s) for such vacant seats which shall be filled from amongst the candidates who apply in response to the same for admission to MBBS course and who satisfy the minimum requisite eligibility criteria/conditions as prescribed by the MCI.
(Please note that a separate merit list shall be prepared for the said vacant seat(s) under management
quota and displayed on the university website and / or the notice board).
- The merit list shall be prepared by Jamia Hamdard as per their respective AIPMT score/rank. The candidates applying in Jamia Hamdard on the prescribed application form are required to clearly indicate their AIPMT Registration Numbers and Roll Numbers.
- In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS course for all category seats except Management Quota, for academic year 2015-16, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum marks at the 50th percentile in AIPMT examination held for the said academic year. However, in respect of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum marks shall be at 45 th percentile.
- 3% seats of the annual sanctioned intake capacity shall be filled up by candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% – 70%. “Provided that in case any seat in this 3% quota remains unfilled on account of unavailability of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% – 70% then any such unfilled seat in this 3% quota shall be filled up by persons with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 40% – 50% before they are included in the annual sanctioned seats for General Category.” “Provided that the eligibility criteria for admission to persons with locomotory disability of lower limbs in terms of clause 2(iii) above will be a minimum of 45 % marks instead of 50 % taken together in qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination for admission in MBBS course.”
- Closure of admission will be as per announcement of the University at its website. “Provided further that this entire exercise for admissions shall be completed by 30 th September and in no case any admission will be made in the MBBS course after 30 th of September, which is the last date of admission in MBBS course, including admission in management quota.”
- The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination on or before the date of admission. Candidate not reporting for admission and completing the admission formalities including deposit of fee etc. on the date and time fixed for admission, would forfeit his/her claim for admission and the seat so vacant will be offered to the next candidate on merit basis subject to his/her eligibility. The candidates having result awaited / Supplementary / Compartmental Examination / Essential repeat in the qualifying examination shall not be admitted to the MBBS Course and no provisional admission shall be granted.
- The candidates are required to fulfill all the eligibility criteria in terms of the education, age and such other eligibility conditions including deposit of the fee on the date and time of admission as specified in the selection list of admission.
The selected candidates shall have to undergo medical examination by a Medical Board set up by the HIMSR, consisting of Faculty members of the Institute. If, in the assessment of the Medical Board, a candidate is found medically unfit to be admitted to the course, then his/her candidature for admission will be rejected and he/she will not be admitted. The decision of the Board in this regard shall be final. The university shall not consider any other medical certificates except the certificate given by the Medical Board of HIMSR. In case, of such forfeiture the seat fell so vacant, shall be offered to the next candidate in order of merit.