Jamia Hamdard MBBS Admission 2014
Those eligible (10+2 / Intermediate) candidates seeking admission to MBBS / BUMS / B.Pharm. programmes in Jamia Hamdard are advised to apply and appear in the AIPMT 2014 conducted by CBSE. Subsequently the candidates will have to apply separately to Jamia Hamdard through and Online Application Form as and when announced by the University.
The Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research offers MBBS course at Jamia Hamdard University. Details of Jamia Hamdard MBBS Admission 2014 are given as below.
Number of seats: 100.
Allocation of seats to different categories
- General category seats 42
- Reserved category seats (for muslims) 43
- Management category seats 15
3% of the total annual intake of seats is reserved for candidates with locomotory disability of lower limb, except management seats.
Procedure of selection of students
The selection for admission to the MBBS course in Jamia Hamdard shall be based strictly on merit (except Management seats) having relevant and valid AIPMT Score for 2014 (conducted by the CBSE) from amongst the candidates who apply in Jamia Hamdard on the prescribed application form issued by Jamia Hamdard for admission to MBBS course and who satisfy the eligibility condition as given in clause – 1 above.
Provided a student has valid Score of AIPMT 2014 and has applied to Jamia Hamdard separately, criteria for selection of candidates for admission to MBBS Programme-2014-15 under Management Quota seats will be as per Jamia Hamdard policy.
- For General seats and Reserved seats (for Muslims): The merit list shall be prepared by Jamia Hamdard among the applicants who apply on Jamia Hamdard Application Form as per their respective AIPMT score. The candidates applying in Jamia Hamdard on the prescribed application form are required to clearly indicate their AIPMT- 2014 (conducted by the CBSE) Roll Numbers and Application Form No..
- In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS course for all category seats, for academic year 2014-15, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum marks at the 50th percentile in AIPMT examination held for the said academic year. However, in respect of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile.
- 3% seats of the annual sanctioned intake capacity shall be filled up by candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70%.
- Provided that in case any seat in this 3% quota remains unfilled on account of unavailability of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% then any such unfilled seat in this 3% quota shall be filled up by persons with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% before they are included in the annual sanctioned seats for General Category.
- Provided further that the entire exercise shall be completed by Jamia Hamdard as per the statutory time schedule for admissions and in no case any admission will be made in the MBBS course after 30th of September.”
- “Provided that the eligibility criteria for admission to persons with locomotory disability of lower limbs in terms of clause 2(iii) above-will be a minimum of 45% marks instead of 50% taken together in qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination for admission in MBBS course.”
- The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination on or before the date of admission/counseling. Candidate not reporting for admission/counseling and completing the admission formalities including deposit of fee etc. on the date and time fixed for admission/counseling, would forfeit his/her claim for admission and the seat so vacant will be offered to the next candidate on merit basis subject to his/her eligibility. The candidates having result awaited / Supplementary / Compartmental Examination / Essential repeat in the qualifying examination shall not be admitted to the MBBS Course and no provisional admission shall be granted.
- The candidates are required to fulfill all the eligibility criteria in terms of the education, age and such other eligibility conditions including deposit of the fee on the date and time of admission as specified in the selection list of admission/counseling.
Eligibility Conditions (Clause-1)
Clause 1.1: Age limit: The candidate should complete the age of 17 years on or before 31 December, 2014. (Candidates born after 1. January 1998 will not be eligible)
Clause 1.2: Qualifying Examination: The candidates shall be admitted to first year of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor a Surgery (MBBS) Course only if he/she has passed qualifying examination as under:-
- The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising a Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less than core course of English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education. OR
- The intermediate examination in science of an Indian University/Board or other recognised examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject. OR
- The pre-professional/pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination, or the pre-university or an equivalent Examination. The pre-professional/pre-medical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and also English as a compulsory subject OR
- The first year of the three years degree course of a recognized university, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in three subjects provided the examination is a “University Examination” and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less th. a core course. OR
- B.Sc examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. examination with not less than two of the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with tIs following subjec. — Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. OR
- Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these subjects and English.
Note: Where the course content is not as prescribed for 10+2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to undergo a period of one year pre-professional training before admission to the Medical colleges.
Note: Marks obtained in Mathematics are not to be considered for admission to MBBS Course.
- Candidates must have passed the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination as mentioned in the clause (1.2).
- In respect of canclidates with locomotory disability °flower limbs the minimum marks in qualifying examination in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 45% instead of 50% as above in 1. 3(a)
Jamia Hamdard Application Form 2014
- Click Here to Apply For Jamia Hamdard Univesity