JEE Main 2015 Application form is available till 18th December 2014. The application form of JEE Main 2015 can be only filled online at www.jeemain.nic.in.
Steps to apply online for JEE Main 2015
- Register and fill details in the application form.
- Upload scanned images of photograph, thumb impression and signature.
- Pay examination fees.
Applicants must ensure that they fill the JEE Main 2015 application form correctly. Details should be verifiable, passport size photograph should be latest, and correct signature and thumb impression in JPEG format should be uploaded. Once don, pay application fee and submit the JEE Main online application form. We strongly advise students / parents to read the information brochure thoroughly before applying.
The application form of JEE Main 2015 must be filled at the official website of CBSE JEE Main 2015. Click here to apply online.
Documents you will need to refer while applying online for JEE Main 2015
Class 10 mark sheet (for spelling of name and date of birth), Class 12 mark sheet and certificate (if you have already passed class XII exam), Community / caste certificate and domicile certificate (if applicable).
Credit or debit card if you wish to make payment online.
Documents you will need to upload after scanning as jpeg files
Passport size photograph, Signature, Thumb impression (right hand thumb impression for girls, left hand thumb impression for boys).
How to submit online JEE Main 2015 application form has been explained. Please read details first and then click on the Apply Link.
Step 1 – Filling details in the online application form of JEE Main 2015.
- Reach the online application form at www.jeemain.nic.in. Apply Online – Click here to apply online.
- Enter details in the application form such as name, contact, academic background, choice of paper, date of birth and other information.
- Select a password and note it down.
- Submit the form and note the system generated application number.
Step 2 – Uploading documents
- Log in using application number and password.
- Upload scanned passport size photograph (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm ; between 4 and 40 kb).
- Upload scanned signature (3.5 cm x 1.5 cm ; between 1 and 30 kb).
- Upload scanned thumb impression (3.5 cm x 1.5 cm ; between 1 and 30 kb).
If you need to make changes in any entry, do it before proceeding to payment. After you have submitted the application fee, changes in application form will not be allowed.
Step 3 – Payment of application fee
- Select mode of payment between debit / credit card or e-challan.
- If paying through credit / debit card, you will be taken to online payment gateway. Make payment and proceed.
- If paying through e-challan, the challan would be generated. Take it to the nearest specified bank branch and make payment at the earliest. e-Challans of one of the banks namely Syndicate bank, Canara bank, ICICI bank or HDFC bank, may be generated
- Download acknowledgement page after payment.
It is important to download and print the acknowledgement page. None of the documents need to be sent to CBSE. The complete process of form submission is online only.
Facilitation Centers to Help Regarding JEE Main 2015 Application Form
- In order to help candidates to fill the online application form, CBSE has set up facilitation centers in various cities.
- These JEE Main facilitation centers are active till the last date of form filling. You can visit your nearest center to seek help in filling the application form of JEE Main 2015.
- To facilitate the candidates to submit the application online, help centers as per list given below will be available for submission of online examination during the period from 07/11/2014 till last date of submission of application form. Candidates may utilize the facility after visiting there.
- Please see the List of Facilitation Centers to locate your near center.
JEE Main 2015 Application Form Important dates and procedure
The application form of JEE Main 2015 is available from 7 November to 18 December, 2014. Once the submission is over, the JEE Main 2015 Online Form is scrutinized. Admit cards are published to be downloaded online in the month of March.
|Commencement of online form submission||November 7, 2014|
|Last date to submit form online||December 18, 2014|
|Admit card download||March, 2015|
JEE Main 2015 Application Fees is the amount to be paid at time of registration for the exam. This includes examination fee for the paper you appear in. Depending upon your category, papers applying for, gender, and country; the application fee is given below.
|Category||Application fee for Pen and Paper based test||Application fee for Computer based test|
|Either paper 1 or paper 2||Both Paper 1 and paper 2||Either paper 1 or paper 2||Both Paper 1 and paper 2|
|Exam center in India|
|General / OBC Boys||1000||1800||500||1300|
|General / OBC Girls||500||900||250||650|
|SC / ST / PwD Boys||500||900||250||650|
|SC / ST / PwD Girls||500||900||250||650|
|Exam center outside India|
|General / OBC Boys||2500||3800||2500||3800|
|General / OBC Girls||1250||1900||1250||1900|
|SC / ST / PwD Boys||1250||1900||1250||1900|
|SC / ST / PwD Girls||1250||1900||1250||1900|
Additional charges in case of credit / debit card payment or bank processing fees shall be applicable. Candidate can make payment through either of the available modes.
- Credit card payments – 1.2% of the exam fee + service tax
- Debit card payments – 0.75% of the exam fee upto Rs 2000 + taxes for examination fee more than Rs 2000.
Calculate your examination fee for JEE Main (2015) Application Form
Enter your paper applying for (paper 1 or 2 or both), mode of exam (offline or online), exam center choice (in India or outside), category, PwD or not, gender and security pin. The exam fee you need to pay (excluding extra charges) will be indicated.
JEE Main Fee Calculator – Click Here to calculate examination fees for your JEE Main Form.
Features of the JEE Main 2015 Application Form Online submission procedure:
- Online application form is available at CBSE JEE Main website from 7 November to 18 December, 2014.
- Select paper 1 only if interested in BE / B.Tech courses, and paper 2 if interested in B.Arch admission.
- You can select preferred test cities.
- Details given in the application should be correct and verifiable. Such as date of birth should be as given in class 10 mark sheet, parents names should be as in class 12 certificate.
- Since last year the application form submission has been made completely online. No documents are to be sent by post.
- Status of the JEE Main Application Form 2015 can be checked.
Documents to be kept ready before filling the JEE Main 2015 Application Form
- You need to upload passport size photograph. Either ask the photo studio to provide you with jpeg version of the photo directly, or scan your available photo.
- Dimension of the photograph to be uploaded is 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm.
- Size of the jpeg file should be between 4 kb to 40 kb.
- It should be a color photograph with name and date printed on it, taken recently.
- On a white sheet of paper mark an area of dimension 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm.
- Sign within the area.
- The signature should be exactly as done in other documents.
- Scan this sheet and using any simple picture editing tool, cut / crop it around the area you had marked.
- File size of the saved jpeg image should be between 1 kb and 30 kb.
Please note that in case you cannot sign in such a small space, please mark an area of double the size, maintaining ratio and then resize the scanned image to 3.5 by 1.5 cm.
Thumb impression specifications
- On a white sheet of paper mark an area of dimension 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm.
- If you are a boy, place left hand thumb impression. If you are a girl, place right hand thumb impression in it.
- Scan and crop the image.
- Save it as jpeg image of size between 1 kb and 30 kb.
Please note that in case your thumb impression is bigger, please simply scan your thumb impression. Then open a canvas of size mentioned, resize your thumb impression maintaining ratio of dimension and save of required dimensions.
The photograph, signature and thumb impression are the only documents to be uploaded at time of form filling. However, keep the following documents ready to refer details for filling in the JEE Main 2015 online application form:
- Class 10 mark sheet.
- Class 10 certificate.
- Class 12 certificate (if available).
- Caste certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile certificate (if applicable).
- Credit / debit card.
You will be required to submit original documents at time of admission.
Check Application Status of JEE Main Application Form 2015
Students looking for JEE Main Application Form Download are requested to note that the filled in acknowledgement page of the form can be downloaded after submission and fee payment. Filling up and submitting JEE Main application form 2015 is the first step towards taking the Joint Entrance Examination, conducted by CBSE.
After form submission, you will be required to download and take print out of the acknowledgement page.
How to check JEE Main application form status?
- The facility to know the status of your application form is available at www.jeemain.nic.in.
- After form submission and payment, you can log in to the candidate log in page.
- You will be required to enter Application Number and Password to log in and check status of your form.
- Once you see Download Acknowledgement Page link, it means that your payment has been accepted.
JEE Main Application Form Status Check facility will be available after November 7, 2014.
If you have forgotten your login details, please follow the steps given below
- Click on the link that says I can’t access my account.
- You can choose to reset your password by entering security answer or verification code or reset link to email.
- To recover application number, enter details you filled in the application form such as name, parent’s names, date of birth and state.
If you have any queries regarding JEE Main 2015 Application Form, please ask in comments below.