JEE Main 2015 Application Form Correction explains what you must do if you have made a mistake in the application form of JEE Main 2015. Have you uploaded wrong photograph? Or thumb impression? Did you mistakenly enter wrong name or date of birth in the JEE Main 2015 application form?
If you have not yet filled the form, please read the application form filling guide for JEE Main first and also the information brochure.
JEE Main 2015 Application Form Correction
According to the official JEE Main 2015 information brochure
No options can be changed at a later stage after submission of an application. However, a chance may be given to the candidates to correct/modify some of the particular(s) of the application form online only, with valid reason(s), during the month of Jan 2015. The candidates are advised to see the website and newspaper regularly to know the exact date when the correction(s)/modification(s) will be allowed online only.
I have uploaded photograph without name and date in the JEE Main 2015 Application Form. What to do?
This is the most common query we have received since JEE Main 2015 application form was started. Please do the following.
- Keep a scanned of correct passport size photograph with name and date ready.
- Check your email and mobile for communication from JEE Main. If they find the details to be unacceptable, you may get an email or SMS asking you to change the uploaded photograph.
I have made a mistake in the year of qualifying exam / I have entered wrong year of passing class X. What should I do?
Please check your application form status regularly to see if there is any official message from CBSE JEE Main about correcting your form. If not, don’t panic. There are high chances that in January, JEE Main will give an option to edit your form. So please keep details ready and when the form correction begins, you can edit your form.
What information can I not edit during form correction?
Officially there is no information yet on what type of details cannot be edited during form correction. We strongly advice you to make sure that fields like name, examination center, mode of exam are 100% correct. Chances that you could correct them are less because. There are lakhs of students applying for the exam and it may not be possible for the conducting to re-allot exam centers.
How to correct mistakes in JEE Main 2015 Application Form?
- Have you paid the application fees? If not, follow Mode 1 of form correction.
- If you have paid the application fees, please follow Mode 2 for JEE Main 2015 application form correction.
Both the modes of form correction are explained below.
According to the information brochure, the following points have been mentioned officially.
- You can edit the JEE Main 2015 application form before payment of fees online (credit / debit card) or generation of e-challan.
- After payment of fees you cannot change particulars in the application form of JEE Mains.
- To correct or modify some details in the application form after submission, a chance may be given to the candidates during the month of Jan 2015.
- The candidates are advised to see the website and newspaper regularly to know the exact date when the correction(s)/modification(s) will be allowed online only.
Mode 1 for JEE Main 2015 Application Form Correction – For candidates who have not yet paid the application fees.
When you have completed step 2 of application form filling, that is upload of photograph and signature, you will get the following on your screen.
In this, click on Review Application.
When you click on review application, you will be allowed to change details in the form you have filled so far. You can edit the following
- Scanned images of passport size photograph.
- Educational qualifications.
- Personal details.
Once you are sure that all details are correct, you will reach the application fee payment page again. This time, click on Go for payment.
Mode 2 for JEE Main 2015 Application Form Correction – For candidates who have already paid application fee or generated e-challan and submitted application form of JEE Mains.
You have already submitted the form with incorrect details and your acknowledgement page / confirmation page has been generated too. What to do now? How will you correct the form?
Now the first thing you should do is to avoid panicking. This form is very important and you cannot start getting frantic about it.
- Stay calm and check every detail as printed in the confirmation page.
- Note down all the fields / particulars that need to be changed.
- Also note down fields in which you have doubt. For example, do you think your image is blurry? Or the signature is not correct?
- Once that is done, refer to your official documents such as class 10 mark sheet for correct entries.
You must keep the correct details ready to make changes as and when the Correction in Application Form particulars – JEE(Main) page is activated by CBSE at www.jeemain.nic.in.
How to make corrections in JEE Main Application form 2015?
Already the mode 1 for application form correction (before payment of fees) has been elaborated above. The details on how to correct form after submission (mode 2) will be published here after the correction details are announced by CBSE JEE Main 2015.
We are providing here details of procedure that was followed last year for application form correction.
- On the main page of JEE Main website, a link to correction page was given. The link text was Correction in Application Form.
- Candidate could log in using application number and password.
- After logging in, details filled in the form were displayed. At the end of the page a link with text Edit Application Form was displayed.
- Most of the particulars were allowed to be changed.
- Additional fee , if any (due to change in category or gender) was to be paid after correction.
This page is being updated regularly as per updates from JEE (Mains) 2015. Details of application form correction for this year are awaited from CBSE. So far only information that is available has been published here. Individual queries can be emailed to JEE Main official email ID at [email protected] If you are sending an email to the CBSE office for queries in your application form correction, please mention the following details if possible.
- Application Number,
- Mistake committed.
You can also call JEE Main official helpline numbers at 0120-2427342, 0120-2427350.
This year, facilitation centers have also been set up by CBSE. The list of facilitation centers is given here – check List of Facilitation Centers For Filling Online Form. You can personally visit any of the centers / schools during working hours to seek help.
If you have any queries regarding JEE Main Application Form Correction 2015, please ask in comments below.