JEE Main 2015 Application Form Correction explains what you must do if you have made a mistake in the application form of JEE Main 2015. Have you uploaded wrong photograph? Or thumb impression? Did you mistakenly enter wrong name or date of birth in the JEE Main 2015 application form?
JEE Main 2015 Application Form Correction Notification (Official)
It is brought to the notice of all the aspirant and registered candidates of JEE (Main) 2015 that the facility for correction in their data (particulars) will be operational on the website www.jeemain.nic.in from 19.01.2015 to 31.01.2015. All the registered candidates for the said examination (who have paid the fee) are advised to visit the website and verify their particulars. They are further advised to make correction in their particulars, if any, on the particulars available in their registration form. The change of city for examination and change of mode from computer based to pen & paper based is not allowed. The candidates are advised to make the corrections, if any, latest by 31.01.2015. Thereafter, no correction in particulars, whatsoever, will be entertained by the JEE Unit under any circumstances. The additional amount (if applicable) should be paid by the candidates through credit/debit card or e-challan in the Canara/ICICI/HDFC/Syndicate Bank during 19.01.2015 to 31.01.2015. Since, it is one time facility, extended to the candidates to avoid any hardship to them; therefore, the candidates are informed to do the correction very carefully because no further chance of correction will be given to the candidates for whatsoever reason.
Academic Details Correction
Click here to know more about how to update board roll number in JEE Main 2015 application form, and other academic details.
JEE Main 2015 Application Form Correction – Image Correction
CBSE has given the facility to edit uploaded images in the JEE Main 2015 application form from December 31, 2014. Candidates can log in using Application Number and Password.
Login to remove the discrepancy in scanned uploaded image(s)
JEE Main 2015 Application Form Correction – Form Particulars Correction
The facility for correction in particulars of the application form, regarding the mistakes committed by the candidates, will be available on the website during 19 – 31st January, 2015. This is the last and final chance for correction so candidates should do the correction, only if required, very carefully.
Instructions and procedure for Correction in Application Form Particulars of JEE Main 2015
- All the parameters (Except city for Examination and mode of examination from COMPUTER BASED EXAMINATION to PEN AND PAPER BASED EXAMINATION) in Application Form are editable.
- Candidates appearing in class 12th in 2015 or appearing for improvement examination in 2015 must fillup the Roll Number of class 12th in the relevant column.
- Correction in Application Form Particulars will be allowed only once.
- After correction in the Application Form particulars, your’s change(s) will be updated immedately if additional Examination Fee is not required based on the changes in particulars.
- In case additional Examination Fee is required to pay based on the changes in Application Form particulars, then final updation of correction(s) in Application Form Particulars will be done only after the successfully payment of additional amount of Examination Fee.
- The additional amount of Examination Fee (if applicable) may be submitted either by any Credit/Debit card or through e-Challan of Syndicate Bank/Canara Bank/ICICI Bank/HDFC Bank.
According to the official JEE Main 2015 information brochure
I have uploaded incorrect thumb impression in the JEE Main 2015 Application Form. What to do?
As per Page No 16 of Information Bulletin, left hand thumb for boys and right hand thumb for girls have to be provided but in case wrong thumb impression is already uploaded, the candidates are required to apply same thumb impression on the attendance sheet during examination as provided in the online application.
I have uploaded photograph without name and date, would the form be rejected?
Name of the candidate and date on which the photograph is taken is to be mentioned on the photograph, but in case uploaded photograph does not have name and date, the form will not be rejected and no correction is required in such a case.
I have made a mistake in the year of qualifying exam / I have entered wrong year of passing class X. What should I do?
Please check your application form status regularly to see if there is any official message from CBSE JEE Main about correcting your form. If not, don’t panic. From January 19-31, 2015, JEE Main has given an option to edit your form. So please make all the necessary corrections in JEE Main (2015) application form now.
What information can I not edit during form correction?
You cannot edit the following information in your form.
- Examination city,
- Mode of examination (pen and paper to computer based test, or vice versa).
You have already submitted the form with incorrect details and your acknowledgement page / confirmation page has been generated too. What to do now? How will you correct the form?
Now the first thing you should do is to avoid panicking. This form is very important and you cannot start getting frantic about it.
- Stay calm and check every detail as printed in the confirmation page.
- Note down all the fields / particulars that need to be changed.
- Also note down fields in which you have doubt. For example, do you think your image is blurry? Or the signature is not correct?
- Once that is done, refer to your official documents such as class 10 mark sheet for correct entries.
- Go to the link for application form correction (given above).
- Log in by using application number and password.
- Make necessary corrections and update the form.
- Make necessary payment, if extra fee is applicable.
You must keep the correct details ready to make changes as and when the Correction in Application Form particulars – JEE(Main) page is activated by CBSE at www.jeemain.nic.in.
How to make corrections in JEE Main Application form 2015?
- On the main page of JEE Main website, a link to correction page is given. The link text is Form Particulars Correction.
- Candidate can log in using application number and password.
- After logging in, details filled in the form are displayed. At the end of the page a link with text Edit Application Form is displayed.
- Most of the particulars were allowed to be changed.
- Additional fee , if any (due to change in category or gender) is to be paid after correction.
This page is being updated regularly as per updates from JEE (Mains) 2015. Details of application form correction for this year are now availableand issued by CBSE. Individual queries can be emailed to JEE Main official email ID at [email protected] If you are sending an email to the CBSE office for queries in your application form correction, please mention the following details if possible.
- Application Number,
- Mistake committed.
You can also call JEE Main official helpline numbers at 0120-2427342, 0120-2427350.
This year, facilitation centers have also been set up by CBSE. The list of facilitation centers is given here – check List of Facilitation Centers For Filling Online Form. You can personally visit any of the centers / schools during working hours to seek help.
If you have any queries regarding JEE Main Application Form Correction 2015, please ask in comments below.