JEE Main 2016 Application Form Correction explains what you must do if you have made a mistake in the application form of JEE Main 2016. Have you uploaded wrong photograph? Or thumb impression? Did you mistakenly enter wrong name or date of birth in the JEE Main 2016 application form?
JEE Main 2016 Application Form Correction
The facility for JEE Main Application Form Correction 2016 in their data (particulars) will be operational on the website www.jeemain.nic.in from in Jan 2016 (expected). All the registered candidates for the said examination (who have paid the fee) are advised to visit the website and verify their particulars. They are further advised to make correction in their particulars, if any, on the particulars available in their registration form.
The change of city for examination and change of mode from computer based to pen & paper based is not allowed. The candidates are advised to make the corrections, if any, before the last date. Thereafter, no correction in particulars, whatsoever, will be entertained by the JEE Unit under any circumstances.
The additional amount (if applicable) should be paid by the candidates through credit/debit card or e-challan during correction period.
Since, it is one time facility, extended to the candidates to avoid any hardship to them; therefore, the candidates are informed to do the correction very carefully because no further chance of correction will be given to the candidates for whatsoever reason.
You have already submitted the form with incorrect details and your acknowledgement page / confirmation page has been generated too. What to do now? How will you correct the form?
Now the first thing you should do is to avoid panicking. This form is very important and you cannot start getting frantic about it.
- Stay calm and check every detail as printed in the confirmation page.
- Note down all the fields / particulars that need to be changed.
- Also note down fields in which you have doubt. For example, do you think your image is blurry? Or the signature is not correct?
- Once that is done, refer to your official documents such as class 10 mark sheet for correct entries.
- Go to the link for application form correction.
- Log in by using application number and password.
- Make necessary corrections and update the form.
- Make necessary payment, if extra fee is applicable.
You must keep the correct details ready to make changes as and when the Correction in Application Form particulars – JEE(Main) page is activated by CBSE at www.jeemain.nic.in.
How to make corrections in JEE Main Application form 2016?
- On the main page of JEE Main website, a link to correction page is given. The link text is Form Particulars Correction.
- Candidate can log in using application number and password.
- After logging in, details filled in the form are displayed. At the end of the page a link with text Edit Application Form is displayed.
- Most of the particulars were allowed to be changed.
- Additional fee , if any (due to change in category or gender) is to be paid after correction.
This page is being updated regularly as per updates from JEE (Mains) 2016. Details of application form correction for this year are issued by CBSE. Individual queries can be emailed to JEE Main official email ID at [email protected] If you are sending an email to the CBSE office for queries in your application form correction, please mention the following details if possible.
- Application Number,
- Mistake committed.
You can also call JEE Main official helpline numbers
This year, facilitation centers have also been set up by CBSE. You can personally visit any of the centers / schools during working hours to seek help.
Please note that the information given below is based on previous year JEE Main Application Procedure. You can use it for reference purpose only. New data will be updated after release of JEE Main 2016 Information Brochure.
JEE Main 2016 Academic Details Correction
Click here to know more about how to update board roll number in JEE Main 2016 application form, and other academic details.
JEE Main 2016 Application Form Correction – Image Correction
CBSE may given the facility to edit uploaded images in the JEE Main 2016 application form. Candidates can log in using Application Number and Password.
Login to remove the discrepancy in scanned uploaded image(s)
JEE Main 2016 Application Form Correction – Form Particulars Correction
Instructions and procedure for Correction in Application Form Particulars of JEE Main 2016
- All the parameters (Except city for Examination and mode of examination from COMPUTER BASED EXAMINATION to PEN AND PAPER BASED EXAMINATION) in Application Form are editable.
- Candidates appearing in class 12th in 2016 or appearing for improvement examination in 2016 must fillup the Roll Number of class 12th in the relevant column.
- Correction in Application Form Particulars will be allowed only once.
- After correction in the Application Form particulars, your’s change(s) will be updated immedately if additional Examination Fee is not required based on the changes in particulars.
- In case additional Examination Fee is required to pay based on the changes in Application Form particulars, then final updation of correction(s) in Application Form Particulars will be done only after the successfully payment of additional amount of Examination Fee.
- The additional amount of Examination Fee (if applicable) may be submitted either by any Credit/Debit card or through e-Challan of Syndicate Bank/Canara Bank/ICICI Bank/HDFC Bank.
If you have any queries regarding JEE Main Application Form Correction 2016, please ask in comments below.