JEE Main Application Form 2017 is released by CBSE. Application form of JEE Main 2017 can be filled online. Application fee can be paid online or offline through challan for Joint Entrance Examination Mains 2017. Students who wish to appear in exam can read information brochure and submit form at jeemain.nic.in before the last date. Central Board of Secondary Education will issue admit card of JEE Main 2017 on the basis of facts entered in the application form. All information on JEE Main Application Form 2017 such as dates, procedure, fees are given here.
Candidates must follow instructions provided by CBSE to fill and submit application form. In the event that you have made any mistake in online application form of JEE Mains, go through application form correction for JEE Main 2017.
JEE Main 2017 Application Form
Apply online here – Click here to apply for Joint Entrance Examination (Main).
Calculate exam fee – Click here to calculate exam fee. Enter paper applying for, mode of examination, location of exam centre, category, PwD, gender and click on calculate to know fee amount.
Login here – Registered candidates can log in using application number and password to complete application form. Later on the login details will be useful for checking application status and downloading admit card.
You can also apply for
CLICK HERE for how to apply for JEE Main 2017 – guide with illustrations to make application process easier.
Read the official JEE Main 2017 information brochure. It contains all important points regarding eligibility, scheme of exam, participation of states. Most important details for filling online application form are given here for your reference.
Application fee – Candidates who wish to appear for JEE Main 2017 can pay requisite application fee through credit card, debit card, e-challan. Fee amount depends upon test center whether inside India or abroad, category, number of papers appearing for. Refer to the application fee table given below.
Last Date To Apply For JEE Main 2017 Extended
Notice Release Date: 30/12/2016
In view of requests from various candidates/parents as well as schools, the date of online submission of application form of JEE (Main) – 2017 has been extended up to 16.01.2017 (11.59 PM). The fee may be paid by the candidates up to 18.01.2017 (11.59 PM). It is further informed that the other terms and conditions for online submission of application form will remain same.
Aadhar Card Compulsory For JEE Main 2017 Application Form
Applicant must have Aadhar Number to apply for the Joint Entrance Examination Main 2017. Confused about what to do if you do not have Aadhar Card? Or what if details in Aadhar Card are incorrect? Don’t worry, we have answered your queries here.
- Aadhar number, name of candidate, date of birth, gender has to be filled in JEE Main Application Form 2017. The system will verify this data from UIDAI data that was submitted in Aadhar Card.
- One of the following has to be entered in the form – Aadhar Number, Aadhar Enrolment Number, Registration number issued by CBSE Facilitation Center.
- If you have passed or appearing Class XII examination from J&K / Assam / Meghalaya, then you have to enter passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided you select the city of examination in these states only.
JEE Main 2017 Application Form Dates
Following are dates of JEE Main application form 2017 announced by CBSE.
|JEE Main 2017 Application Form Activity||Dates|
|Start of form filling (when CBSE makes “apply online” link active)||01 Dec 2016 onwards|
|End of submitting online application form (after this date, you cannot apply)||16 Jan 2017|
Photograph, Signature, and Thumb Impression
All applicants must specifically adhere to instructions for photograph, signature, and thumb impression. For example all images should be in specified format (JPEG). In addition their sizes and dimensions should be as per instructions.
- Dimension of image should be 3.5 cms (width) x 4.5 cms (height).
- Size of the file should be between 4 kb and 40 kb.
- Dimension of image should be 3.5 cms (length) x 1.5 cms (height).
- Size of the file should be between 1 kb and 30 kb.
- Dimension of image should be 3.5 cms (length) x 1.5 cms (height).
- Size of the file should be between 1 kb and 30 kb.
JEE Main 2017 Application Fees
Application fee of Examination fee for JEE Main 2017 is that amount which applicant has to pay in order to appear for exam. This fee is in essence a nominal amount. You can pay fee for JEE Main 2017 application only in mode that CBSE recommends.
JEE Main 2017 Application Form Fees varies with following factors
- Mode of exam – Whether you are going to appear in pen and paper based test, or computer based test.
- Category – Whether you belong to General / OBC / SC / ST / PWD.
- Gender – Whether you are male or female applicant.
|Paper (s) appearing||Pen and paper based examination||Computer based examination (Paper 1 BE B.Tech only)|
|For examination center opted in India|
|General / OBC||SC / ST / PWD / Girls||General / OBC||SC / ST / PWD / Girls|
|JEE Main Paper 1 or JEE Main Paper 2 only||1000||500||500||250|
|Both JEE Main Paper 1 and JEE Main Paper 2||1800||900||1300||650|
|For examination center opted in Foreign country|
|JEE Main Paper 1 or JEE Main Paper 2 only||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Both JEE Main Paper 1 and JEE Main Paper 2||3800||1900||3800||1900|
Modes of fee payment
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- e-Challan of Syndicate bank, Canara bank, ICICI bank, HDFC bank.
Note that processing charges are applicable on credit and debit cards.
- Credit Card – 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
- Debit Card – 0.75% + taxes for examination fee up to Rs. 2000 and 1% + taxes for examination fee more than Rs. 2000.
Application fee is not refundable.
Download acknowledgment page of JEE Main 2017 Application Form
If application fee has been paid through credit / debit card, then
- After payment is successfully done, the acknowledgment page is generated. Print it and keep it safely.
- In the event the acknowledgment page is not generated then the transaction is canceled and payment is refunded within a week. Candidate can pay fee again and then generate acknowledgment page.
If application fee has been paid through e-challan, then
- Once the e-challan is generated candidate can take it to concerned bank branch and pay the fee. As soon as fee payment is confirmed by bank / CBSE, acknowledgment page is generated and it can be printed.
- If the page is not generated, candidate can contact the bank or branch to update transaction status.
Books recommended for JEE Main
|14 Years’ Solved Paper JEE Main||Buy Online|
|New Pattern Mathematics – A master practice book for JEE Main and Advanced||Buy Online|
|Understanding Physics for JEE Main and Advanced Waves and Thermodynamics||Buy Online|
|Organic Chemistry for Joint Entrance Examination||Buy Online|
|Wiley’s Solomons & Fryhle’s Organic Chemistry for JEE (Main and Advanced)||Buy Online|
|38 Years’ Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers IIT JEE Physics||Buy Online|
|38 Years’ Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers IIT JEE Mathematics||Buy Online|
|38 Years’ Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers IIT JEE Chemistry||Buy Online|
Details to be filled in JEE Main 2017 Application Form
In the JEE Main Application Form, you can fill each data one by one. To start with, when you click on apply online, you will come across a set of instructions. Regardless of whether or not you have already read the information brochure, go through on-screen instructions once again.
Format of JEE Main 2017 Application Form includes following headings – Board examination details, Examination details of JEE Main 2017, Personal details, Academic details, Contact details, Guardian details. Also there will be a section to upload documents.
How to get JEE Main 2017 Application Form Number?
Once you submit some preliminary details in JEE Main 2017 application form, you will get JEE Main 2017 Application Form Number. The password, will be the one you enter. Note both details carefully – application form number, and password.
Forgot application form number
If you have forgotten the application form number of JEE Main 2017 application form, you can recover it online.
On the log in page, go through following steps.
- Click on “I can’t access my account”.
- Then tick against “I forgot my application number”.
- You will reach a page where you can enter other details to retrieve form number. Specifically in this case, enter name, mother’s name, father’s name, date of birth, state of eligibility. Click on submit.
- You will now get the application form number.
In the event that you forget password, you can retrieve in a similar way as described for application form number.
Go to the log in page and carry out these steps
- Click in “I can’t access my account”.
- Select “I forgot my password” and click continue.
- Now you can choose to get password using either “security question”, or “verification code via SMS”, or “reset link via email”.
- If you select security question, enter application number, select security question from drop down, enter security answer and click on submit.
- On opting to get password through verification code, you will be asked to enter application number, date of birth. Then you will be able to retrieve password through SMS.
- Otherwise you can select option “using a reset link sent via Email to your Registered Email address”. Here you will enter application number and date of birth and get reset link to email.
JEE Main 2017 Application Form Helpline
All correspondence related to JEE (Main) – 2017 should be addressed to the Executive Director, JEE (Main), Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE), Plot No. 149, Block – H,Sector – 63, Noida – 201309, Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.).
Soon after CBSE releases online application form of JEE Main 2017, they will also activate a helpline number. As soon as helpline number is available, you will get it here.
Contact JEE Main 2017 Application Form Helpline on working days, during working hours. CBSE is forthright in helping out applicants with all sorts of genuine queries.
JEE Main Application Form Correction 2017
You may realize that you have entered incorrect data in application form 2017. This may either happen before submitting form, or after submitting it.
In the event that you discover mistake in JEE Main 2017 Application Form before submitting it, just edit the details. Prior to paying application fees, you can go through all the fields and tally them with your official documents. Only when you are completely satisfied that all information is correct, must you submit the online application form.
The other case is when you find mistake in JEE Main Application Form 2017 after submitting it. If this happens, then you cannot simply log in again and change details. You can either contact CBSE / JEE Main helpline to know what to do next. However there are chances of getting an opportunity to edit form. To know more, go through JEE Main 2017 Application Form Correction.
Last date to apply for JEE Main 2017
Note JEE Main 2017 Application Form dates, and most importantly the last date to apply. You need to complete all activities – entering data, uploading documents, paying fees, and ultimately submitting form; all before the last date.
The last date for Submission of Application Form for JEE Main 2017 is 16 Jan 2017.
Keep in mind some key points
- Print the completely filled online application form of JEE Main 2017. Keep it safely till end of admission process.
- CBSE will make efforts to allot examination city as you have selected in JEE Main 2017 application form. However if seating capacity is full in concerned city, you may get second or third city of choice.
- Submit only one JEE Main application form. CBSE has advised candidates to not submit form multiple times as it may lead to rejection.
- Ensure that you submit JEE Main application form 2017 in official website only.
JEE Main 2017 Notification
Take note of some key points of JEE Main Application Form.
- JEE Main 2017 is the engineering entrance exam which CBSE conducts on an all-India level.
- It is important to fill and submit application form of JEE Main 2017 in order to appear in the exam.
- We strongly advise everyone to apply as soon as JEE Main 2017 application form is available. A point overlooked is the significance of last date. While many students delay applying to last moment, ultimately they often miss out on the opportunity to apply.
- In the online application form, you will need to enter personal details, educational qualification, exam details, upload documents, and pay application fee. For the purpose of flawlessly filling in data, refer to official documents and certificates at each step. For example, your name should match exactly with the name in class 12th certificate.
- Ensure that you are paying appropriate fees for JEE Main application form. Application fee is different for each paper (paper 1 / paper 2), category, and gender.
FAQs regarding Online application format / Correction in application form / Aadhar clarification is given below for your convenience.
This page is being updated with information on JEE Main 2017 Application Form. As soon as JEE Main 2017 Information Brochure is available, we will update details on this page.