JEE Main Application Form 2016 can be submitted online at jeemain.nic.in. The JEE Main 2016 application form is released by the Central Board of Secondary Education. Candidates who are eligible for the Joint Entrance Examination can fill the JEE Main Online Application form, upload documents such as photograph and signature, pay requisite application fees online. Applicants must note down the application number and password as the same will be required to download admit card of JEE Main 2016 and check results. Get here complete details of JEE Main 2016 Application Form such as application fee, last date for mains form registration, documents required, step by step instructions on how to apply and check status of JEE Main 2016 Application Form.
JEE Main Application Form 2016
The online submission of particulars, uploading of scanned photograph, signature and thumb impression may be made at JEE (Main) website. The candidates should supply all the required details while filling up the online form. Before filling up the application form the candidate should have a scanned image of his/her photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression (right hand thumb in case the candidate do not have left hand thumb or any finger if both thumbs are not there).
In view of requests from various stake holders, the date of online submission of application form of JEE (Main) – 2016 and uploading of images was extended up to January 11, 2016 (11.59 PM). The fee may be paid by the candidates through credit/debit card up to January 12, 2016 (11.59 PM) & through e- challan up to January 12, 2016 (up to working hours of the banks). It is further informed that the other terms and conditions for filling up the application form will remain same.
Apply online here – Online submission of application form, payment of examination fee for JEE(Main)-2016 is over. Click Here to log in for JEE Main 2016.
Forgot Password or Application Number – Click here to retrieve password or application number in case you have forgotten either of them. To recover password there are three options – you can use the security question and answer, or verification code through SMS, or reset link via email. For application number you will need to enter candidate name, mother’s name, father’s name, date of birth, state of eligibility.
JEE Main Application Form Correction
If you have made any mistake, visit Application Form Correction page for details and procedure for correction. Know how to proceed for editing mistakes in JEE Main 2016 application form.
Steps to apply online for JEE Main 2016
- Register and fill details in the application form.
- Upload scanned images of photograph, thumb impression and signature.
- Pay examination fees.
|Activity related to JEE Main 2016 Application Form||Dates|
|Availability of JEE Main application form 2016||December 1, 2015|
|Last date to apply online||January 11, 2016|
|JEE Main Application Form Correction||January, 2016|
Candidates should refer to Step by Step Registration Guide before applying online. It explains step by step procedure to fill and submit JEE Main Online Application Form.
Once the submission is over, the JEE Main 2016 Online Form is scrutinized. JEE Main Admit Card are published to be downloaded online in the month of March.
The candidates must have their own personal and valid email id. They are also advised to have their own mobile number.
Candidates need not to send hard copy of the application i.e. JEE Main Confirmation Page to JEE (Main) Secretariat. However, the candidates are advised to retain hard copy of the application i.e. confirmation page for future reference or correspondence, if any.
Please follow these simple Instructions to candidates while filling JEE Main Application Form to avoid general mistakes most of the students make.
- Candidates are allowed to submit only one application form. More than one application applications from a candidate will be rejected.
- The name of the candidate and his/her parents name in the application form must exactly be the same as registered in Class 12th. No prefix should be used.
JEE Advanced Application Form 2016: The candidates who are declared eligible for JEE (Advanced) – 2016 will have to again register later on at the JEE (Advanced) website http://jeeadv.ac.in after the declaration of the JEE (Main)-2016 score. They may note that it is compulsory to appear in both the papers of JEE (Advanced) – 2016 to be eligible for admission to IIT. For latest information related to JEE (Advanced) kindly visit the JEE (Advanced) website http://jeeadv.ac.in
Application Form Format
JEE Main 2016 Application Form Fees
JEE Main 2016 Application Fees is the amount to be paid at the time of registration for the exam. This includes examination fee for the paper you appear in. Depending upon your category, papers applying for, gender, and country; the application fee is given below.
|Category||Application fee for Pen and Paper based test||Application fee for Computer based test|
|Either paper 1 or paper 2||Both Paper 1 and paper 2||Either paper 1 or paper 2||Both Paper 1 and paper 2|
|Exam center in India|
|General / OBC Boys||1000||1800||500||1300|
|General / OBC Girls||500||900||250||650|
|SC / ST / PwD Boys||500||900||250||650|
|SC / ST / PwD Girls||500||900||250||650|
|Exam center outside India|
|General / OBC Boys||2500||3800||2500||3800|
|General / OBC Girls||1250||1900||1250||1900|
|SC / ST / PwD Boys||1250||1900||1250||1900|
|SC / ST / PwD Girls||1250||1900||1250||1900|
The fee may be paid either by credit/debit card or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form. In case of e-challan, the payment should be made in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC Bank in cash. cIn case the examination fee is paid through credit/debit card, the candidates will need to pay an additional processing charge as following:-
- Credit Card:- 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
- Debit Card:- 0.75% +taxes for examination fee up to Rs.2000 and 1% +taxes for examination fee more than Rs.2000.
How to apply for JEE Main 2016? – Explained
The procedure to fill and submit the application form for Joint Entrance Examination Main can be completed in seven simple steps.
- Download the information bulletin released by the Central Board of Secondary Education. Read the brochure carefully to ensure you are eligible for the exam. Note the age limit, number of attempts, education.
- In the brochure, read about the online application form of JEE Main 2016. Go through the instructions to be followed while filling up the form.
- Get a scanned image of your photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression.
- Go to the JEE Main 2016 application form and fill it up.
- Upload scanned images of Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression.
- Pay the examination fee for JEE Main application form 2016. The available modes of payment shall be:
- Debit/Credit card
- e-challan (generated after submission of details in online application form).
- Download Acknowledgement Slip and keep the same in safe custody for future reference.
You must mention only your own Mobile No. and E- Mail ID while submitting the form, as all the communications will be sent to you on the registered Mobile Number and E-mail ID only.
Step 1 – Filling details in the online application form of JEE Main 2016.
- Reach the online application form at www.jeemain.nic.in.
- Enter details in the application form such as name, contact, academic background, choice of paper, date of birth and other information.
- Select a password and note it down.
- Submit the form and note the system generated application number.
Step 2 – Uploading documents
- Log in using application number and password.
- Upload scanned passport size photograph.
- Upload scanned signature.
- Upload scanned thumb impression.
If you need to make changes in any entry, do it before proceeding to payment. After you have submitted the application fee, changes in application form will not be allowed.
Step 3 – Payment of application fee
- Select mode of payment between debit / credit card or e-challan.
- If paying through credit / debit card, you will be taken to online payment gateway. Make payment and proceed.
- If paying through e-challan, the challan would be generated. Take it to the nearest specified bank branch and make payment at the earliest.
- Download acknowledgement page after payment.
It is important to download and print the acknowledgement page. None of the documents need to be sent to CBSE. The complete process of form submission is online only.
Check Application Status of JEE Main Application Form 2016
Students looking for JEE Main Application Form Download are requested to note that the filled in acknowledgement page of the form can be downloaded after submission and fee payment. Filling up and submitting JEE Main application form 2016 is the first step towards taking the Joint Entrance Examination, conducted by CBSE.
After form submission, you will be required to download and take print out of the acknowledgement page.
How to check JEE Main application form status?
- The facility to know the status of your application form is available at www.jeemain.nic.in.
- After form submission and payment, you can log in to the candidate log in page.
- You will be required to enter Application Number and Password to log in and check status of your form.
- Once you see Download Acknowledgement Page link, it means that your payment has been accepted.
If you have forgotten your login details, please follow the steps given below
- Click on the link that says I can’t access my account.
- You can choose to reset your password by entering security answer or verification code or reset link to email.
- To recover application number, enter details you filled in the application form such as name, parent’s names, date of birth and state.
Documents to be kept ready before filling the JEE Main 2016 Application Form
The photograph, signature and thumb impression are the only documents to be uploaded at time of form filling. However, keep the following documents ready to refer details for filling in the JEE Main 2016 online application form:
- Class 10 mark sheet.
- Class 10 certificate.
- Class 12 certificate (if available).
- Caste certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile certificate (if applicable).
You will be required to submit original documents at time of admission.