JEE Main Exam Pattern 2015
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2015 is given below.
JEE Main 2015 Mode of Paper
The candidates should select the cites of examination as per their choice of Paper -1 or Paper – 2 or both, according to the mode of paper(s) as following:
JEE Main 2015 Mode of Examination
The Paper-1 (B.E./B. Tech.) (described below) of JEE (Main) will be conducted in two separate modes i.e. Offline (Pen and Paper Based Examination) mode and Online (Computer Based Examination) mode. The Paper-2 (B. Arch./B. Planning.) of JEE (Main) will be conducted only in Pen and Paper based examination mode. A candidate will opt for either Pen and Paper Based or Computer Based examination modes for Paper-1 (B. E./B. Tech.) only.
JEE Main 2015 Type of Examination
JEE (Main) – 2015 shall have two papers, Paper-1 and Paper-2. Candidates may take Paper-1, or Paper-2, or both as per the course(s) they are seeking admission to. Subject combination for each paper, type of questions in each paper and mode of examination available is given in the table below.
|Subjects||Type of Questions||Mode of Exam||Duration|
|Paper I||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||Objective type questions with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Pen and Paper based OR Computer based||3 Hours|
|Paper II||Mathematics Part I Aptitude Test Part II Drawing Test Part III||Objective Type Questions Objective Type Questions Questions to Test Drawing Aptitude||Pen and Paper based||3 Hours|
Requirement of papers for different courses is given in the table below:
|B.ARCH/B. PLANNING(At Institutions other than IITs)||Paper II|
|All other undergraduate courses||Paper I|
Scoring and Negative MarkingThere will be objective type questions with four options having single correct answer. For each incorrect response, one fourth (1/4) of the total marks allotted to the question would be deducted. No deduction from the total score will, however, be made if no response is indicated for an item in the answer sheet.
JEE Main 2015 Choice of Language of Question Papers
Candidates applying for JEE Main 2015 can opt for English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi and Urdu as Languages of Question Paper based on the exam centre location.
- All Examination Centre Cities: English and Hindi Medium
- Examination Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli: English, Hindi and Gujarati
- Examination Centre Cities in Maharashtra English, Hindi, Marathi and Urdu
The option of question paper language should be exercised while filling up the Application Form and it cannot be changed at a later stage.
JEE Main 2015 Provisions for Persons With Disabilities
- The candidates with disability should fill in the type and percentages of disability correctly in the online application form for JEE (Main) 2015.
- Only the candidates, who have 40% or more disability, will be provided Scribe/ Reader on the request of the candidate.
- The candidate will have the discretion of opting his/her own scribe/reader or may submit the request to the centre superintendent for the same.
- The centre superintendent will identify the scribe/ reader. In case a request is received from the candidate, he/she would be allowed to meet the scribe a day before the examination to verify the suitability of the scribe.
- One hour compensatory (extra) time will also be allowed to the candidates with 40% or more disability irrespective of the fact that the candidate(s) is/are availing the facility of scribe/reader.