JEE Main 2014 Online Exam
Online examination (Computer Based Examination) for Paper 1 (B. E./B. Tech.) Only
|Dates of Examination*||Paper||Subjects||Timings||Duration|
|09.04.2014||Paper 1 (B. E./B. Tech.)||Physics,
|1st shift 0930-1230 Hours (IST)
2nd shift (**) 1400-1700 Hours (IST)
*The option of date for Computer Based Examination for Paper – 1 should be exercised while filling up the application form. The allotment of slots/dates will be on first come first served basis. If a candidate does not make any selection, he/she shall be randomly assigned a slot/date as per the availability of the same.
The Computer Based Examination for Paper 1 in Colombo, Kathmandu, Singapore, Bahrain, Dubai, Muscat and Riyadh will be held only on 19/04/2014.
In case a candidate, by furnishing the false information, appears in more than one slots/dates of the computer based examination or appears in both the modes of examination i.e. pen & paper based and computer based examination, his candidature will be cancelled and his result will not be declared.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL CANDIDATES APPEARING FOR JEE MAIN 2014 ONLINE EXAM
- Total duration of examination is 180 minutes.
- The clock will be set at the server. The countdown timer in the top right corner of screen will display the remaining time available for you to complete the examination. When the timer reaches zero, the examination will end by itself. You will not be required to end or submit your examination.
- The Question Palette displayed on the right side of screen will show the status of each question using one of the following symbols:
The Marked for Review status for a question simply indicates that you would like to look at that question again. If a question is answered and Marked for Review, your answer for that question will be considered in the evaluation.
Navigating to a Question :
To answer a question, do the following:
- Click on the question number in the Question Palette to go to that numbered question directly.
- Click on Save &Next to save your answer for the current question and then go to the next question.
- Click on Mark for Review & Next to save your answer for the current question, mark it for review, and then go to the next question.
Caution: Note that your answer for the current question will not be saved, if you navigate to another question directly by clicking on its question number.
You can view all the questions by clicking on the Question Paper button. Note that the options for multiple choice type questions will not be shown.
Answering a Question :
Procedure for answering a multiple choice type question:
- To select your answer, click on the button of one of the options
- To deselect your chosen answer, click on the button of the chosen option again or click on the Clear Response button
- To change your chosen answer, click on the button of another option
- To save your answer, you MUST click on the Save & Next buttonTo save your answer, you MUST click on the Save & Next button
- To mark the question for review, click on the Mark for Review & Next button. If an answer is selected for a question that is Marked for Review, that answer will be considered in the evaluation.
To change your answer to a question that has already been answered, first select that question for answering and then follow the procedure for answering that type of question.
Note that questions for which option has been chosen and answers are saved or marked for review will be considered for evaluation.
¼ (one fourth) marks i.e. one mark will be deducted for indicating incorrect response of each question. No deduction from the total score will be made if no response is indicated for a question.
Please Note: The JEE Main 2014 Online Exam Answer Keys will be available as and when after the exam. If you have taken the test, you may discuss the performance in comments below.